Page 53 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 1787

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The victory lap was disgusting for sure. Announcing on twitter that something big happened like a little kid who can’t keep a secret. Describing the killing like he was there. Then acting like the Syrian oil is US. property is shocking even for him. His diplomacy is lacking in every way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Lol@ that completely staged situation room photo. This guy is so fucking jealous of Obama.

They're not even all looking at the same thing because there's nothing to look at.

He never goes anywhere except his rallies so maybe he forgot that people hate him?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The victory lap was disgusting for sure. Announcing on twitter that something big happened like a little kid who can’t keep a secret. Describing the killing like he was there. Then acting like the Syrian oil is US. property is shocking even for him. His diplomacy is lacking in every way.
    I'm not a squeamish person, but the way he seemed to be fantasizing about how scared and horrible the guy's last moments were, interjecting himself into the scenario as if he wasn't thousands of miles away and really completely fucking unimportant... to the degree where the only thing he could do that would actually influence events would be to open his fat fucking mouth and distract people who were actually pivotal to the situation...

And then the whole "he died like a dog, like a sniveling coward... all our troops are good, we saved em all, but this coward, crying, screaming, like a baby dead dog coward baby dog" Jesus Christ

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Drump getting booed warmed my cold, dead heart for a moment.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Drump getting booed warmed my cold, dead heart for a moment.
    Yessssss... inject this shit straight into my veins, this is an emergency and I neeeeeeeeeed it. Feel the fucking hate you unimaginably tremendous piece of shit.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

that's good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve watched this at least 6 times

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Can we talk about the fact that not one single Republican voted yes simply formalizing an impeachment inquiry? Correct me if I'm way off, but didn't the vote basically just mean "we believe there are grounds to at least look into the possibility that maybe the president did something wrong" - and every single (R) said "no, he has already been proven innocent" or "no, he's above the law"? Is there some other way of interpreting this that I'm missing?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Can we talk about the fact that not one single Republican voted yes simply formalizing an impeachment inquiry? Correct me if I'm way off, but didn't the vote basically just mean "we believe there are grounds to at least look into the possibility that maybe the president did something wrong" - and every single (R) said "no, he has already been proven innocent" or "no, he's above the law"? Is there some other way of interpreting this that I'm missing?
    They don’t give a fuck. They tow the party line because they believe they’re winning somehow.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is just the inquiry; this isn’t the big vote worth risking their hides.

Once the public portion of the inquiry happens, and if the House moves to vote on Articles, THAT VOTE (Articles) will be the more indicative one. THAT is the impeachment vote. It will largely depend on polling numbers re Trump.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    They know an inquiry will pull out some really concretely damaging shit. This isn't about "honest republicans," whatever the fuck that is at this point.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    This is just the inquiry; this isn’t the big vote worth risking their hides.

Once the public portion of the inquiry happens, and if the House moves to vote on Articles, THAT VOTE (Articles) will be the more indicative one. THAT is the impeachment vote. It will largely depend on polling numbers re Trump.
    Right. So I guess the takeaway I'm seeing is "we're afraid of losing our jobs by simply voting on a motion that says 'maybe something illegal happened, so Congress should find out for sure'". I don't know what's more disturbing - that they're that spineless, or that voters would actually discount a candidate because they chose to at least investigate possible crimes.

Moving on, Trump is now threatening to "expose information" on Vindman. When he's eventually out of office (assuming he doesn't die first), could he be prosecuted for witness tampering? I'm not asking if it's likely (it's not), just asking if, legally speaking, any jurisdiction would be able to bust out all of the times he's threatened a witness and charge him with tampering.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Let's be real here. I think I would die of shock of there were enough Republicans willing to break ranks to remove Trump from office.
    My personal opinion is that this will all be a giant Republican circle jerk that will embolden the Trump base. As the Dems can't find a moderate candidate to get swing votes, we're all staring down the barrel of another 4 years of unbridled corruption and disinformation.

Please prove me wrong world.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I think the conservative reaction to him being booed at an UFC event underscores how much of the media's obsession with checking in on Rust Belt Trump supporters and trying to overcorrect for what they see as their mistakes in the 2016 election is actually doing Trump supporters a disservice. I think many Trump fans really believe that his unpopularity is limited to Hollywood and Upper West Siders who shop at Whole Foods. Maybe he'll win, maybe he won't, but I think they just fundamentally don't seem to understand the extent of his unpopularity, and how it extends far beyond their typical punching bags.
    I saw this elsewhere, and I hope it's true. It's an interesting take on it, for sure.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

This is a terrifying thread and not outside the realm of this man and his helpers.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Be awesome if whoever titled the thread changed it to, "there are PEOPLE being detained indefinitely." Not just about the kids.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    They don’t give a fuck. They tow the party line because they believe they’re winning somehow.

Frankly, they are winning.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    There's so many aspects of everything that should make people nervous, but we're out of control on that level.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I mean...GE polls from late 2015 also showed Hillary demolishing Trump, and we saw how that turned out, so...I just don't have it in me to get worked up about this poll.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Has anyone been reading the transcripts, or at least the summarizes / quick hits from them?

Holy crap. In a sane world, the Senate would be about as close to a unanimous vote to remove him from office as one could reasonably expect. It is extraordinarily clear that he has been committing crimes, not to mentioning continuing to do so (witness intimidation, obstruction of justice) throughout the investigation. I hope to god that history books will be sharply critical of anyone and everyone in a position of power who chose to say that they condoned this.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    History books are written by the winners, so that remains to be seen. :/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Has anyone been reading the transcripts, or at least the summarizes / quick hits from them?

Holy crap. In a sane world, the Senate would be about as close to a unanimous vote to remove him from office as one could reasonably expect. It is extraordinarily clear that he has been committing crimes, not to mentioning continuing to do so (witness intimidation, obstruction of justice) throughout the investigation. I hope to god that history books will be sharply critical of anyone and everyone in a position of power who chose to say that they condoned this.
    I would love to be a fly on the wall on some closed door discussion between his biggest sycophants. They know he's breaking the law, they know they'd be screaming to impeach a democrat for this insanity...

On a lighter note, that new South Park episode really nailed Trump's "strategy" when dealing with "fake news." I feel like I need to watch that again to brighten my morning up a bit.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    History books are written by the winners, so that remains to be seen. :/
    Writing books requires more than 4th grade reading comprehension.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so Trump's "challenge" to invite people to rap about how much they love him is generating interesting results.
    ...I'm trying to embed this properly but... honestly it works sometimes...

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status...82744461840384
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-09-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    we live in a society

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)