Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Kmfdm

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow, I forgot all about The Ultra Heavy Beat forums. I miss both that and The Sick City...

It's just really weird the way Sascha acts towards these guys. I would say both En Esch and Watts are pretty instrumental in the development and progression of the KMFDM "style" so to speak. It seems like the only person that even gets on with Sascha anymore is Lucia (for obvious reasons). Even Skold has worked more with En Esch and Watts in the last couple of years.

It's a shame too. I always hoped for a massive KMFDM "reunion" of sorts with Gunther, Watts, Esch, Skold, etc. Can you imagine how amazing a KMFDM show would be with the "normal" band (Andy, Lucia, Steve and Jules) peppered in with these guys and even throw in Connolly and Ogre? Fuck....I would travel and pay big money to see that!! I guess I can say I was lucky enough to see them in their prime.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sascha View Post
    Gaymond Twats
    Fading away into obscurity
    KMFDM is a drug against maturity

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kmfdm reunion would be awesome. Sascha and Esch were a great pair. I'd be fine just to see those two make music again. But Sascha is so stubborn and bitter. It amazes me that someone can hold a grudge as long as he has. And it's all probably about artistic differences and nothing else. He phased Esch and co. out. Yet he's the one still angry after all these years. Whatever. Especially when everyone else is consistently making better music than Sascha has in the last several years (even Raymond. Pigmartyr/Pigmata shits all over anything nu-kmfdm has done).

Haven't bought a kmfdm album since 2011. No regrets at all.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    On heavy rotation again in anticipation. I wonder what KMFDM stuff they'll break out together on the Pig tour. I'm guessing Juke Joint Jezebel. I'd kill for Disobedience; that was the track that instantly made me a Raymond fan.

List time for giggles, shits, shitgiggles:

1. Nihil
    2. Symbols
    3. Angst
    4. Xtort
    5. Adios
    6. Naive
    7. Money/ En Esch's Cheesy
    8. WWIII
    9. Skold Vs KMFDM
    10. MDFMK
    11. UAIOE
    12. WTF?!
    13. Hau Ruck
    14. Attak
    15. Blitz
    16. Opium
    17. Don't Blow Your Top
    18. What Do You Know, Deutchland?
    19. Tohubavohu
    20. Our Time Will Come
    21. Kunst
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 08-14-2016 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Forgot MDFMK

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Nihil
    Symbols
    Angst
    Naive
    Conquer Your World
    Money
    Xtort
    MDFMK
    Attak
    WTF?!
    PIG vs. KMFDM
    SKOLD vs. KMFDM
    Adios
    Opium
    Gentle Death
    What Do You Know, Deutschland?
    UAIOE
    Tohuvabohu
    WWIII
    Don't Blow Your Top
    Blitz
    Our Time Will Come
    Kunst
    Hau Ruck
    Last edited by Piko; 08-14-2016 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I wish I could catch the Pig tour next month. Not really feasible for me to get any more time off this year. I've done so much traveling already.
    Heck... I'm back to Montreal on Tuesday and just came back from Seattle on Saturday. Probably going to be a wicked show.
    I always wanted to hear "Raymond Watts KMFDM Songs" sung live with Raymond Watts as the singer.

There was an interview someone posted in the Pig thread about him talking about how the tour came to fruition, and he said he was originally invited to do a show in Calgary, but had to turn it down. I know exactly what he was talking about. He was talking about the yearly industrial/EBM festival called Terminus.
    I would have went their in a heartbeat if he was announced. I've been wanting to go to that festival for a few years now. He said he'd consider it next time. Maybe he'll be on the lineup next year.

Sad to see Sascha not getting along with any of his former members. Hell, if Axl and Slash from GNR can reconcile their differences, you figure anyone could.
    Guess not. Guess that means there's no chance of Watts coming back as a guest appearance in the future now. Life is too short to hold grudges, wonder what the big issue is.

As for KMFDM albums:

1. Nihil
    2. Symbols
    3. Angst
    4. Adios
    5. Attak
    6. Skold Vs KMFDM
    7. MDFMK
    8. WTF?!
    9. WWIII
    10. Money
    11. Don't Blow Your Top
    12. Xtort
    13. Naive
    14. Our Time Will Come
    15. Hau Ruck
    16. What Do You Know, Deutchland?
    17. Kunst
    18. Blitz
    19. Tohubavohu
    20. Opium
    21. UAIOE

Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post

1. Nihil
    2. Symbols
    3. Angst

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Nihil
    Symbols
    Angst
    Looks like we all agree on the top 3 albums though!

Also, The Ultra Heavy Beat forms were the shit. Whatever happened to those? They used to be my go-to website for KMFDM news and discussion.
    Now this seems to be the best place on the internet to discuss KMFDM stuff... I haven't found a replacement for them.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-15-2016 at 01:02 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Anarchy was the first kmfdm song I ever heard. So probably because of that, I'm probably way more biased towards Symbols. Awesome album though. Some songs might not click as well as others (Down and Out). But, it's easily a favorite of mine. Who can say they hate Spit Sperm? Anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Who can say they hate Spit Sperm? Anyone?
    Not sure if rhetorical - but yeah, I hate that song. Easily one of my least favorite songs of that era KMFDM.

Ray was always one to push the envelope, most of the time it worked, but sometimes you get "find it fuck it forget it" shirts & Spit Sperm - cases where he goes so big and over the top that imho it just does not work.

List:

1. Xtort - (I love me some Chris Connelly)
    2. Nhil - probably objectively the best overall KMFDM album.
    3. Symbols -
    4. WWIII
    5. Adios
    6. KMFDM v Skold
    7. Money
    8. Attak
    9. Blitz
    10. Angst
    11. Naive
    12. MDFMK
    13+ everything becomes sorta interchangeable at this point.

The moral of the story is that Sascha probably needs folks to bounce ideas around with, most of the standout albums feature various "guest stars" pushing KMFDM to really explore new directions and push boundaries. Without their influence KMFDM seems to sound too safe, too boring.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I used to skip Spit Sperm constantly. But it's grown on me more in recent years.

I have absolutely no clue what happened with the UHB forums. They just disappeared overnight and I asked about it on the Classic KMFDM Fans facebook group - which I would say is now probably the de facto place to discuss KMFDM anywhere. Don't remember getting an answer about it.

I went through Our Time Will Come again today to give it another shot. There's a select few good moments on there but nothing clicked. I'll say this much though; Sascha's singing got way better as the years passed.

Also, 20 questions. A pretty great Nina Hagen story and Lucia has good taste in music:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, not a fan of Rammstein.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Remember that crazy rumor from like ten years ago that Sasha was going to replace Till as Rammstein vocalist? Ahahahah

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Remember that crazy rumor from like ten years ago that Sasha was going to replace Till as Rammstein vocalist? Ahahahah
    It was En Esch that was going to replace him. But yeah, that was a ridiculous rumor! Haha

Quote Originally Posted by vivisection13 View Post
    Interesting, not a fan of Rammstein.
    Makes ya wonder, who is Sascha a fan of?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 08-16-2016 at 10:37 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think Sascha needs someone to challenge him. Someone to have the balls to tell him what works and what doesn't. I don't think anyone doss that anymore. Esch made things fun but also added an edge. Raymond added his thing, vocally, while challenging them to change the dynamic to accommodate his style. Now, KMFDM is just Sascha, his wife, and a yes man (Jules) who recycles and plays the same riffs and just phones it in.

Esch was a guy who definitely had a ton of disagreements with Sascha. As a result, his role and level of contributions diminished drastically. What used to be 50/50, musically. Esch was relegated to hi hats and backing vocals. Or hardly contribute at all aside from a voice mail and guitar solo on Xtort. Sascha phased him out.
    Last edited by Piko; 08-16-2016 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It goes right down to the credits. The reissue of Angst apparently only credits him with hi hats or something. I'd check but I got rid of all my rereleases as they were pointless.

Sasha popped onto the Classic KMFDM Facebook group on just that topic, saying En remembers things funny due to alcohol abuse or some such.

And to inform everyone that he made a new KMFDM FB group 'For the whole family". :/

Looks like his marketing swing for next year's album's underway. I hope hearing everyone else on tour kicking ass and seeing the interest in basically what everyone else is doing together versus his stuff inspires him to actually do something with balls. I wonder if Jules got replaced by Sin Quirin or if they're just collaborating.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 09-12-2016 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    http://www.chaoscontrol.com/en-esch-solo-interview/

Esch's side of things:

I was wondering if you are mis-credited on the remastered version of the “Angst” album? The booklet only credits you with playing guitar & singing. I was thinking this had to be a mistake, and you must have done percussion/programming on that album like you did on other KMFDM albums & possibly additional instrumentation as well . You are credited with percussion & sequencing on the a “Drug Against War” single if I remember correctly, so that all ready contradicts what the booklet for the new version of “Angst” says. I feel like you are not being credited properly for that album. (question submitted by Brian C)"

Was i really credited differently than on the original album?? The crazy world of esch! Ha ha!! I’m obviously under-appreciated somehow.

My credits do seem to shrink over the years. The record “Angst” was born of a long and interesting production process. That was when we had our first digital audio workstation and it was set up in a Chicago rehearsal space. Sascha and I were sitting around a lot in front of this (now a days) old Mac computer. I think it was a 40 mhz processor Nubus machine with 4 tracks of 16 bit audio using digidesign hardware. We ran Opcode’s studio vision with that and recorded Guenter’s and Mark’s guitars straight into the box and edited the stuff and programmed music together on the fly. We also did the recording, production and post-production process together.

I’m sure I played some kind of drums, also timpanis I found in the studio in Chicago, of course I sang, played guitar and this and that.
    To be fair, no one was directly credited on the original album (I think?). I think it just listed the musicians and nothing that they had actually done. Schulz was still going by Svet Am, I believe.
    Last edited by Piko; 09-12-2016 at 07:18 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I never realized that the booklet for ANGST was just a measly 1 piece of paper until now...

The original ANGST says "All songs by Konietzko/esch/am/durante/shepard

and then it has some exceptions and some special thanks.
    I can't vouch for what it says on the re-release linear notes, because all I have is the original.

Oh, KMFDM ROCKS came out the other day... Nothing to write home about. There are some new remixes of old songs. But otherwise, another run-of-the-mill KMFDM Collection. (How many of these do we need?)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Forgot about Rocks. I heard it. Some of its good, some isn't. I liked the new mix of Free Your Hate. Didn't like the Light and ADAW mixes though. Seemed like they were mostly there to cut out the Esch and Schulz parts. Light is your standard remix while ADAW is more of a modern band remake. For a retrospective remix album, it has a decent flow as far as mixing goes. I don't regret not buying though. Pretty forgettable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    new video for the song Amnesia

great song buddy nice choice

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sasha briefly put up an apparently awful demo submitted to him for Nihil "by the real talent ex-members of KMFDM" that he mocked for taking several days of studio time and costing $6000.00

It never fucking ends with this guy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Heard about that. Apparently pulled it quickly after?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Wasn't even up for 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kinda pathetic to see a guy in his mid 50s talk so much shit. Maybe he's bitter because he catches a lot of flack for his mediocre albums. Probably tired of being asked about former members as well. Lame that he has to resort to bashing them on Facebook.

There's two groups on fb. The classic one and a new one that Sascha created for his fanboys. It's kinda amazing to see so much of a divide in the fan base. Figured there would be one. But not at this scale.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Get ready for the biggest industrial tour ever...

KMFDM and OhGr.

Dates announced tomorrow.
    Full Worm Garden Live anyone???? Oh Yes PLEASE!

I'm not missing this one!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Not a single Canadian date.... or Seattle!?? What is this blasphemy!!!! grrr.....

It's KMFDM and OhGr though...

US Tour Dates below:
    10.01.2017 Chicago, IL – Metro (Cold Waves VI Festival)
    10.02.2017 St. Louis, MO – Delmar Hall
    10.03.2017 Indianapolis, IN – The Vogue
    10.04.2017 Cleveland, OH – Agora Ballroom
    10.05.2017 Falls Church (Washington, DC), VA – The State Theatre
    10.06.2017 Philadelphia, PA – Underground Arts
    10.07.2017 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
    10.08.2017 Allston (Boston), MA – Brighton Music Hall
    10.09.2017 Baltimore, MD
    10.11.2017 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade – Heaven
    10.12.2017 New Orleans, LA – House Of Blues
    10.13.2017 Austin, TX – Mohawk
    10.14.2017 Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Live!
    10.15.2017 Houston, TX – White Oak Music Hall
    10.17.2017 Tucson, AZ – The Rialto Theatre
    10.18.2017 Tempe (Phoenix), AZ – Marquee Theatre
    10.19.2017 Las Vegas, NV – Fremont Country Club
    10.20.2017 San Diego, CA – House of Blues
    10.21.2017 Los Angeles, CA – tbd
    10.22.2017 San Francisco, CA – The Regency Ballroom
    10.24.2017 Salt Lake City, UT – Metro Music Hall
    10.25.2017 Denver, CO – Summit Music Hall
    10.26.2017 Omaha, NE – The Waiting Room
    10.27.2017 St. Paul, MN – Amsterdam Bar and Hall
    10.28.2017 Milwaukee, WI – The Rave II

ALSO:

2 new records.

An 5 track EP called "YEAH" On June 23rd and a full release later in August.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Sascha's hated dealing with Canadian customs going back a number of years now. I'm not surprised at that in the least.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I am.

He's come to Vancouver on every tour since "hating" Canadian Customs. 2011, 2013 and 2015. Been to every one of 'em. (He just hates Toronto. He's been jipped out of show money from a promoter not once, but twice in Toronto, and was treated like shit on the same tour from the custom's officers on the Ontario/US boarder)

And you figure going to the US would be tougher now anyway.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Kind of a moot point for me anyway; the only way I'd consent to go see him is if he showed up in Montreal; that's as far as having OhGr on board would get me. If I'm doing a road trip, it's to see Ray, Guenter and En again.

It'd actually be really smart of him to get Skold back on board and sport a lineup recalling the best of the later 90's period.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Kind of a moot point for me anyway; the only way I'd consent to go see him is if he showed up in Montreal; that's as far as having OhGr on board would get me.
    Damn! Pretty bold statement there, man. I know the "Post ATTACK" KMFDM ain't what it used to be, but they still put on one hell of a show. It's one of my top 5 bands I will pay to see again, and again. They're still really good live. I know they're just a meer shadow of what they used to be, but their live shows still kick some serious ass. I've seen 'em 5 times now. Fantastic live experience.

If anyone's a sourpuss, it's Esch. I can't stand that guy. People know my stance on him here, but he was the biggest asshole when him and his "slick idiots" came to town and played a room of about 15 people... no Joke. Biggest ass in the room, and here he was playing a dive bar for $10 cover in the heart of downtown eastside vancouver where all the junkies are. And he was a complete pompous fuck to everyone in the room.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    It's not to shit on their live presence; I've only seen Sascha and co. once in my life and that was 2005. I had a great time. But I've had the luck to see Skinny Puppy twice, and while the OhGr collaborations were definitely a highlight of Symbols and Adios...it's a few factors in play for me:

-Only having so much disposeable income for road trips and tours
    -Being a huge fan of Ray's work under the Pig moniker, and the fact that Ray can and will perform the KMFDM works he's best known for, many of which are my favorites
    -Sascha's childlike, abhorrent behavior bordering on fascist in that "for everyone" group he created. Banning people who disagree with you? Taking potshots at fans who rightfully point out how much En contributed? Come on.
    -Having just about given up on anything he puts out under the name. WTF aside - because that was a really good, pleasant surprise - I've found his best work happens when he's with Tim Skold. It's crazy how good Skold vs KMFDM was; they have a great musical balance. Kunst and OTWC ranged from bad to utterly forgettable. I'll probably give the new stuff a shot out of sentimentality, but I'm pretty sure I know what to expect at this point. I'd like to be wrong.

Also, I'll just posit that En was really nice and polite when I met him last year. Maybe the years of playing dive bars gave him a touch of humility. Guenter really appreciates his fans, and Ray's charming, affable and humble beyond reason.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Guenter actually lives in Vancouver. He had a weekly gig at this restaurant a few years back called Subeez before it went under. He was playing jazz music every Thursday there.

I'm actually incredibly shocked that <PIG> and friends haven't done a Vancouver show yet. I mean, their drummer is Galen after all who is in Left Spine Down (another claim-to-fame local "industrial" Vancouver act). Half his backing band is here, and no shows? Seems kinda odd...

Hoping because there is a Calgary show, means they'll pop on over. I would love to see Pig live once. At this point, I'd probably take a PIG show over a KMFDM Show, but OhGr is what really makes that show appealing. They're obviously going to be playing some of those symbols and adios tracks together live, and who knows... with the tour collab, maybe they worked together on the new KMFDM material. A guest appearance with OhGr would be the much needed breath of fresh air that KMFDM needs in their career at this point again.

EDIT:

Here's the track listing for the upcoming "YEAH" EP if anyone cares:
    1. Hell Yeah (album version)
    2. Freak Flag (Edit)
    3. Hell Yeah (Lord of the Lost remix)
    4. Attak 2017 (KMFDM mix)
    5. Hell Yeah (Edit)

Looking forward to hearing that new Attak remake.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 04-24-2017 at 05:14 PM.