Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Isis

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    can't seem to find a vinyl pre-order anywhere, only CD. butts.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    can't seem to find a vinyl pre-order anywhere, only CD. butts.
    It'll be up on the Sige Records store at some point. It's not out until February, so there's plenty of time.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i have basically listened to almost nothing for the last two weeks but "ape of god"
    i can't stop
    help

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    i have basically listened to almost nothing for the last two weeks but "ape of god"
    i can't stop
    help
    Nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i went online EXACTLY when the Sumac pre-order started on wednesday, and managed to get a clear vinyl in my cart, but it took too long to fill in my shipping/billing info (which is really frustrating, because i have an account at the sige records merch site, so why doesn't it SAVE my info?), and by the time i was done, only black vinyl was left. then i had to re-enter all my info even though i had JUST done it, but i still managed to get a copy.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    i went online EXACTLY when the Sumac pre-order started on wednesday, and managed to get a clear vinyl in my cart, but it took too long to fill in my shipping/billing info (which is really frustrating, because i have an account at the sige records merch site, so why doesn't it SAVE my info?), and by the time i was done, only black vinyl was left. then i had to re-enter all my info even though i had JUST done it, but i still managed to get a copy.
    I totally forgot about this. And my local record store says they haven't gotten any shipments yet.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I totally forgot about this. And my local record store says they haven't gotten any shipments yet.
    It's not actually out yet (hence "pre-order"). It's also super limited and sold out through the Sige site very quickly, so they might not get it any time soon. They're already working on a re-press though.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It's not actually out yet (hence "pre-order"). It's also super limited and sold out through the Sige site very quickly, so they might not get it any time soon. They're already working on a re-press though.
    Cool! I still have a chance at that clear vinyl.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    well, i don't think i like The Deal more than i like Ape Of God, but it's a damn near close call. before i had heard about Sumac, i kept finding myself thinking how great a brain cook / aaron turner collaboration would be (not knowing they had worked together on other projects) and it definitely meets and exceeds my expectations.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    well, i don't think i like The Deal more than i like Ape Of God, but it's a damn near close call. before i had heard about Sumac, i kept finding myself thinking how great a brain cook / aaron turner collaboration would be (not knowing they had worked together on other projects) and it definitely meets and exceeds my expectations.
    I actually prefer "The Deal" over the "Ape of God". Nothing against Santos in Gloom but Nick Yacyshyn's drumming really bring some groove to Aaron's riffs. I found the songs more structured at times compared to Ape. And yes I agree on the Brian Cook/Aaron Turner combo, I do hope Sumac tours more later this year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I actually prefer "The Deal" over the "Ape of God". Nothing against Santos in Gloom but Nick Yacyshyn's drumming really bring some groove to Aaron's riffs. I found the songs more structured at times compared to Ape. And yes I agree on the Brian Cook/Aaron Turner combo, I do hope Sumac tours more later this year.
    now that i'm nearing the end of side four, i'm definitely going to agree with you about the drumming. however, ape of god feels more FULL to me, and i love that. the deal is definitely more raw, which i also love. i think at this point, they're pretty much tied for my album(s) of the year.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i'm kind of starting to get annoyed at all these releases that don't come with download codes : /

anyone know where i can find one? the only thing i've been able to find via plundering is pretty low quality.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    i'm kind of starting to get annoyed at all these releases that don't come with download codes : /

anyone know where i can find one? the only thing i've been able to find via plundering is pretty low quality.
    I just buy all of Aaron's shit on iTunes. It's cheap, great quality, and at least SOME of the money goes to him.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    I love that this thread still exists.

I love this band.

I've bootlegged this band at least twice, thanks for the reminder to find and post that shit some day!

:D

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I just buy all of Aaron's shit on iTunes. It's cheap, great quality, and at least SOME of the money goes to him.
    i only buy digital music if it's the only way to get it, because i really don't like not having things in physical formats. also, i definitely think that if you're dropping $27 on a record, they should give you a download code.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    saw SUMAC tonight and it was an amazing show. holy shit, nick can drum...that was unreal. bummed i'll be missing old man gloom in a month but at least i FINALLY got to see an aaron turner project live.

also, shot the shit with aaron before the show since he was manning his own merch booth (where i bought the newest mamiffer record, the split cranium album, which i didn't know existed until tonight, and a these arms are snakes split 7") and he was super nice and funny. glad to know i love and support a guy who not only makes great music but is a solid person.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    saw SUMAC tonight and it was an amazing show. holy shit, nick can drum...that was unreal. bummed i'll be missing old man gloom in a month but at least i FINALLY got to see an aaron turner project live.

also, shot the shit with aaron before the show since he was manning his own merch booth (where i bought the newest mamiffer record, the split cranium album, which i didn't know existed until tonight, and a these arms are snakes split 7") and he was super nice and funny. glad to know i love and support a guy who not only makes great music but is a solid person.
    Man I am super jealous! I hope they swing by my town some day soon.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Also jealous! They still haven't played an SF show. Hopefully sometime later this year, I loved the album.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    From Sinking ftw

If the Islamic group have the names Isil and Da'ish and whatever other fucking shit they want to call themselves, why did they have to take the name Isis as well? Also, have the band commented on the unfortunate same name thing?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    ISIS is an acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
    Isis is named after a greek goddess.

The two have nothing in common.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    all the post-band accounts are now Isis the band to help the unfortunate connection that if anyone took the 5 seconds to think "oh maybe thats an acronym, and thats a reference to something millennia old" they would be able to draw.
    must really be messing up their SEO. (yes I've made that joke before).

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    ISIS is an acronym for Islamic State of Iraq and Syria.
    Isis is named after a greek goddess.

The two have nothing in common.
    I know that.

I'm asking if the band has said anything about how unfortunate it is that "Isis" is now so strongly associated with the terrorists of the same name.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, I'm pretty sure they won't reunite and go on tour under that name, which is a shame because I had a blast the one time I got to see them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I went to see SUMAC last night and wow, Nick is amazing on the drums. He fucking killed it. Talked to Brian as he was manning the merch booth and asked how he divides his time between this band and Russian Circles. Apparently Aaron works around RC's time and if there is a schedule gap that's when SUMAC goes out. I also asked him about Botch and they are still are talking but nothing serious is in the talks. I picked up the new album on CD and vinyl and it is good.

Random Tidbits:
    -Fryette Power Amps aren't reliable. It went down during a song. Aaron and Brian tried but gave up on fixing it.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    new addition, played yesterday

sumac - what one becomes 2xLP on clear vinyl

not sure how i feel about it compared to the first album. i think i still like old man gloom more than i like sumac in terms of emotional content, but nick is definitely a crazy talented drummer, and i always love brian.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    new addition, played yesterday

sumac - what one becomes 2xLP on clear vinyl

not sure how i feel about it compared to the first album. i think i still like old man gloom more than i like sumac in terms of emotional content, but nick is definitely a crazy talented drummer, and i always love brian.

That cover reminds me of the new Radiohead album cover.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Santos, from Old Man Gloom, is trying to start some shit with Aaron via the OMG Facebook page. This entire thread with all its replies is hilarious.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...id=41173493966

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New Isis: Live VII is available to pre-order!

https://isis.merchtable.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Prediction: They will reform one day, not under the name ISIS, but rather under the name Oceanic.

That being said, can't wait to hear that live album.