Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Look what I found in my storage unit!
    If u want to sell it.... Name ur price

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    And I found this one!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Holy crap Manson was cool before he got so fucking stupid.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    After his divorce, he kind of lost his mind. I don't think he cares anymore and it's sad. If you were a fan during the 90's run it was easy to defend him because he was a intelligent human being. Now most of the bullshit he does is juvenile, lacking substance and there's no way to defend it without looking like a idiot yourself. It sucks. He really needs a friend or a relationship that will get him back on track and caring about his art and life again

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Its amazing to think of how bands like Manson and Slipknot used to be regarded as "dangerous" by the media around 1999/2000 and now they are just legacy acts playing summer festivals with the crowd singing and dancing and everyone having a jolly good time....About as dangerous as Coldplay these days

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    Its amazing to think of how bands like Manson and Slipknot used to be regarded as "dangerous" by the media around 1999/2000 and now they are just legacy acts playing summer festivals with the crowd singing and dancing and everyone having a jolly good time....About as dangerous as Coldplay these days
    you mean you don't think this guy is dangerous?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

Paps about to catch hands from the Coldplay dude.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rampface View Post
    After his divorce, he kind of lost his mind. I don't think he cares anymore and it's sad. If you were a fan during the 90's run it was easy to defend him because he was a intelligent human being. Now most of the bullshit he does is juvenile, lacking substance and there's no way to defend it without looking like a idiot yourself. It sucks. He really needs a friend or a relationship that will get him back on track and caring about his art and life again
    He's pissed off all his friends who cared about him and his work enough to tell him the truth and wore out all the decent musicians who used to work with him. Add in the alcohol (which I think is the bigger problem for him now than other drugs) and no wonder it's gotten so bad.

I got bored one night a while back and reread a bunch of articles from the Fragile era, several of which mentioned Trent's displeasure with Manson at the time. I know that was forever ago and doesn't matter anymore, but it got me thinking about the whole thing again. As I've gotten older I've started to value trust in friendships a lot more, and if one of my friends wrote a book using details from my life to color their story and build their image, I would have been absolutely miserable and deeply hurt. If he's done it to Trent, the one who gave him a chance and fought like hell for his career when nobody else wanted to, then you know he's done the same or worse to others.

Manson's music was my childhood and a large part of my development, so it frustrates me enough to watch his music tank in quality. But I could at least appease myself with the good work he had done and the person I thought he was for a long time.

Now? I'm bracing myself for Manson's very public "metoo" moment. It's already brewing online, but hasn't quite blown up to the level of mainstream awareness because Evan and Esme haven't officially named him as their abusers. But while it's certainly possible that they aren't talking about Manson, the timeline and context that Manson himself has offered in interviews looks real bad. I hope it's not true, but I'm not going to be surprised at all if this blows up bigtime in the next few years.

I know people dream of a Reznor collab with Manson again, but while the 16 year old in me would love that, the adult in me hopes it never happens. Maybe that's harsh and rude to say, but I wouldn't touch that guy with a ten foot pole unless this somehow gets cleared up and Manson is totally vindicated in some way. But for now, it doesn't look good at all.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    I don't have an issue with bands becoming legacy acts, generally. If you've gotta fall back on your hits to pay the bills in later years, I say go for it. Great work if you can get it, just put some effort into it is all I ask.

But there's something deeply, truly, disturbingly wrong to my eyes and ears about Marilyn Manson of all fucking bands being just another concert night out of entertainment. Teenage me would have hoped that by now he'd be acknowledged as an underground filmmaker, painter or something, not becoming a caricature of himself.

He said way back that it was "An act, and not an act", and that stuck with me. I'd like to believe he used to give a shit about what he preached, but now I wonder.

Maybe it's the fate of most rock bands. Or maybe rock music has just lost its power to intimidate.

I'm not up on my KISS history, but I have to believe there came a point before I ever heard my first song by them where they were considered just basically being in it for the money, too.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post

LMAOOOOO imagine being boomed by the guy who wrote Yellow

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    I don't have an issue with bands becoming legacy acts, generally. If you've gotta fall back on your hits to pay the bills in later years, I say go for it. Great work if you can get it, just put some effort into it is all I ask.

But there's something deeply, truly, disturbingly wrong to my eyes and ears about Marilyn Manson of all fucking bands being just another concert night out of entertainment. Teenage me would have hoped that by now he'd be acknowledged as an underground filmmaker, painter or something, not becoming a caricature of himself.

He said way back that it was "An act, and not an act", and that stuck with me. I'd like to believe he used to give a shit about what he preached, but now I wonder.

Maybe it's the fate of most rock bands. Or maybe rock music has just lost its power to intimidate.

I'm not up on my KISS history, but I have to believe there came a point before I ever heard my first song by them where they were considered just basically being in it for the money, too.
    NIN was in danger of becoming a "legacy act" especially around 2013/2014. Static greatest hits setlists every night, no danger at all to the shows. Seemed like TR was punching a time clock every night. Suddenly 2017-2018 are some of the best shows he has ever played. The energy and danger were back...If Manson got off the booze/coke/whatever else he is on, got himself in better physical shape (hard to scream and sing your ass off when you are 50 lbs overweight...ask Chino Moreno) and if he put out some music that was actually good and edgy (maybe a reunion with TR), he could go back to becoming a force live.....But until then he is just a "sad clown" as Trent so eloquently put it

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    NIN was in danger of becoming a "legacy act" especially around 2013/2014. Static greatest hits setlists every night, no danger at all to the shows. Seemed like TR was punching a time clock every night. Suddenly 2017-2018 are some of the best shows he has ever played. The energy and danger were back...If Manson got off the booze/coke/whatever else he is on, got himself in better physical shape (hard to scream and sing your ass off when you are 50 lbs overweight...ask Chino Moreno) and if he put out some music that was actually good and edgy (maybe a reunion with TR), he could go back to becoming a force live.....But until then he is just a "sad clown" as Trent so eloquently put it
    The problem is he has the most enabling fan base on earth. He was literally performing shows drunk as fuck on a mart cart and people were claiming he was better than he was in 1999.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The other problem is that, lyrically, he's not paying attention to the world like he used to. Up through Holywood, he was still keenly observant as to the political and social landscape. He was able to capitalize on that because they gave him something to talk about. That element of his optics is gone now. He started writing about relationships which is all fine and dandy if it's meaningful, but most of it was skewed in a deliberate attempt to be shocking. Now most of what he writes lyrically seems to be about dealing with fame and the way it fades, and it's obvious he's not really that invested in it anymore. He became everything he used to look down upon.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 07-03-2019 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typos

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It's sad, so much wasted potential. I wish he would have stayed "retired", but then we wouldn't have gotten The Pale Emperor, the one unquestionably good record post TGAOG. When it came out it really felt like "hey, this is going to be a rebirth of MM"

but then the tour in support of it started...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    It's sad, so much wasted potential. I wish he would have stayed "retired", but then we wouldn't have gotten The Pale Emperor, the one unquestionably good record post TGAOG. When it came out it really felt like "hey, this is going to be a rebirth of MM"

but then the tour in support of it started...
    I thought the same thing ,i think he can still do great record ,but you couldn't pay me enough to see this wreck on stage

At least i got to see him live in 2000 ,he was so fucking awesome back then

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Yeah I saw that, I'll reserve judgement until I hear the music considering IMO 4 of the last 5 albums have sucked.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    That's a surprisingly well-spoken interview. Also nice to hear him discuss a new album without saying "it's like Antichrist Superstar". I'm intrigued.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I like the variety of things Shooter has done over the years. He has his country stuff, he has the dystopian future album of alternative rock he did with Stephen King (Black Ribbons), Countach, and the industrial album he did with his dad (yeah, i didn't believe it at first either til i downloaded a copy and listened to it myself). Musically, i think this album could be very good. Lyrically, well... we'll see.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Wow, so new Manson record this year.
    What year is this...
    We will have: New Rammstein, TOOL, KMFDM, KoRn, Rob Zombie & Manson all in the same year. Holy smokes. What a way to end the decade. This is going to go down in history as one of the best years for new releases. Also... makes me worried about what, if anything we are going to get in 2020... All the big bands released records this year. What's left for next year?
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-09-2019 at 04:35 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    All the big bands released records this year. What's left for next year?
    Another zombie/manson tour lol

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Wow, so new Manson record this year.
    Translation: summer 2020 at best. He said the same shit since BV and the first mentioned timeline was never once real.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    "Its like antichrist superstar". Says this for every album. Never is. I'll check it out. I dont expect much anymore from him. He's washed up.

Edit: I misread. Thought he said it for a sec. Still, I dont expect much.
    Last edited by Piko; 07-09-2019 at 05:04 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    "Its like antichrist superstar". Says this for every album. Never is. I'll check it out. I dont expect much anymore from him. He's washed up.

Edit: I misread. Thought he said it for a sec. Still, I dont expect much.
    He did say it's kind of like a little bit of everything he's previously done, so in a roundabout way he kinda did say it's like ACS haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Translation: summer 2020 at best. He said the same shit since BV and the first mentioned timeline was never once real.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it's pushed to next year. There are way too many new releases this year as it is. Save some for next year or next year is going to be dry.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind if it's pushed to next year. There are way too many new releases this year as it is. Save some for next year or next year is going to be dry.
    You mean like the Tool album that will be out in August 3050?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    You mean like the Tool album that will be out in August 3050?
    Yeah, that thing ain't coming out. We're like 6 weeks away and there hasn't been any announcements what-so-ever about title, tracklisting, art, etc. But this is the wrong thread to be bitching about that...

On topic: Manson thinks the new record might just be called "Marilyn Manson" this time (self titled). Not a huge fan of when artists do that, but *shrugs* if the record is good, he can call it whatever he wants.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    if the record is good
    lol

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    lol
    lolling at the lol.