Page 47 of 48 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1427

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Just curious, but how could you tell how much they had in stock?
    "inventory_quantity":23,"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    If you looked at the js source for each item page on the former store.nin.com there was an "inventory quantity" value that counted down to zero as people purchased. Not sure if the new version has this; I haven't looked...
    That is so cool! Ty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered the Vinyl from shitbag off the NIN website, damaged corner per expected from previous orders, but HOLY SHIT has anyone here heard the two exclusive vinyl tracks???????????????????

It is seriously in my opinion Trent Reznors best work period. I was blown away by The Province of Fear and Unintended Consequences, both have a similar method on the final moments of the track to where just when you think the ear candy is done he does some very very very genius speaker panning and interlaying with certain sounds introduces new elements that technically make you go wow!!!!

Truly worth the Vinyl purchase. Plus did I mention the CD comes with the Vinyl and the Artwork is amazing? I already loved this album the song ice age should have really taken off....Its catchy as hell and yet very different and How Long is incredible. The way Mariqueen melds her voice to the tryptic break your face beats, synth drones, and strings are awesome.
    Last edited by Inthemoment; 08-24-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got the Vinyl, this is true, white label cd comes with the vinyl and the extra tracks on the vinyl are also on this cd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I doubt that but I'd have to check to prove it one way or the other.
    Just received the vinyl this is true came with a white label cd that also had the two exclusive vinyl tracks on them.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inthemoment View Post
    Just received the vinyl this is true came with a white label cd that also had the two exclusive vinyl tracks on them.
    that post you responded to is from four years ago. we all know that the vinyl comes with a copy of the vinyl tracklisting on the CD; the question was about which version of the actual mastered audio is on the CD, as vinyl is mastered differently than CDs.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that post you responded to is from four years ago. we all know that the vinyl comes with a copy of the vinyl tracklisting on the CD; the question was about which version of the actual mastered audio is on the CD, as vinyl is mastered differently than CDs.
    Considering the track flow on the CD, I think it's the vinyl master, the new tracks flow too well

>oldposts

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Considering the track flow on the CD, I think it's the vinyl master, the new tracks flow too well

>oldposts
    Making sure I didn't miss anything; is the vinyl sourced from digital files? I understand there are 2 extra tracks and the sequencing is different.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I’m in the US and need to replace my copy of the vinyl. Where is the best place to get one? I only see it available in the UK store now.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I’m in the US and need to replace my copy of the vinyl. Where is the best place to get one? I only see it available in the UK store now.
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/855280232

i'd go with that one, though there's a few others on discogs that are reasonable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmm! I figured they were all sold. Now I'm debating whether $10.50 is too much to pay to have a sealed copy shipped to the states.

(On second thought, that comment on discogs about the UK pressing makes me wonder about the sound. I'll keep reading first.)
    Last edited by ThermionicScott; 12-28-2018 at 03:48 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/855280232

i'd go with that one, though there's a few others on discogs that are reasonable.
    Thanks! I got one from a Canadian seller on this site.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Thanks! I got one from a Canadian seller on this site.
    i'm always nervous to buy from canadian sellers because shipping between the US and canada is so expensive it's ridiculous. but i also have no idea where you live

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    i'm always nervous to buy from canadian sellers because shipping between the US and canada is so expensive it's ridiculous. but i also have no idea where you live
    Can't exceed albums I buy from Europe on Discogs (Poland, Germany, Sweden). D:

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    This sucks...didn't bring my hard drive to the office and wanted to listen to WO this morning... But I refuse to listen to the album without the two extra vinyl tracks...

Damn... oh well. Maybe I can deal without... Unless a friend...nahhhh....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    This sucks...didn't bring my hard drive to the office and wanted to listen to WO this morning... But I refuse to listen to the album without the two extra vinyl tracks...

Damn... oh well. Maybe I can deal without... Unless a friend...nahhhh....

And this is why everybody needs a Plex account.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I've been trying to spread the word here, for years.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Or a DAP. I like the ability to listen to my music collection without an internet connection.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zecho View Post
    Or a DAP. I like the ability to listen to my music collection without an internet connection.
    Which you can do with Plex. Sync your library to your phone while you are online, enjoy it anywhere if you're not online.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello Everyone,
    I am new at this site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Welcome!!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I just finally picked up this album on vinyl. The copy I bought was still sealed, yet there is no CD inside. The sticker on the front clearly states it should have it, but I sure don't see it. Anyone else receive a copy missing the CD? (I honestly have no need for the CD, but I don't like missing things that are supposed to be part of the complete package).

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    I just finally picked up this album on vinyl. The copy I bought was still sealed, yet there is no CD inside. The sticker on the front clearly states it should have it, but I sure don't see it. Anyone else receive a copy missing the CD? (I honestly have no need for the CD, but I don't like missing things that are supposed to be part of the complete package).
    you sure it's not just crammed in the gatefold? it's in a white window CD envelope so it can be hard to notice inside.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Yeah I took out both record sleeves and the insert and there was nothing else in there. I wonder if somehow the store managed to get the CD out to sell in separately like they used to do with the Broken bonus cd. Or maybe someone bought it, took the CD out, then returned it. But it was still in the shrinkwrap with the hype sticker on the front, so I dunno if someone would be able to reseal it like that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Yeah I took out both record sleeves and the insert and there was nothing else in there. I wonder if somehow the store managed to get the CD out to sell in separately like they used to do with the Broken bonus cd. Or maybe someone bought it, took the CD out, then returned it. But it was still in the shrinkwrap with the hype sticker on the front, so I dunno if someone would be able to reseal it like that.
    It's probably more likely that someone missed it at the manufacturing plant. Return it in exchange for a new copy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    It's probably more likely that someone missed it at the manufacturing plant. Return it in exchange for a new copy.
    Unfortunately it was the only copy they had. I haven't come across it anywhere else recently aside from discogs. No biggie.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I've been listening to HTDA a lot lately, and it suddenly clicked with me just how much I liked a lot of the lyrics. They aren't perfect, but there are a lot of lines that are just SO satisfying. It feels less like the journal-style stuff Trent does and more like...I dunno. World building? I'm not really sure how else to explain it. Like the words are creating an abstract picture in your head to accompany the music. They feel more conceptual than confessional. The feel of the lyrics reminds me a bit of some Mars Volta songs in that "I honestly have no fucking idea what this is about, but dang it, the words SOUND cool together" sort of way. I really dig it.

I feel like I read somewhere that Mariqueen wrote them, but I can't remember for sure now. It doesn't feel like Trent's style at all, and if that's the case then I'd love to see her do more writing because I think she's got a lot of talent and I would like to see what her writing looks like now after a few years removed from HTDA's last release. Maybe if she didn't want to do another round of HTDA she would be willing to do a book of poetry or something? I'd be interested in it for sure.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I've been listening to HTDA a lot lately, and it suddenly clicked with me just how much I liked a lot of the lyrics. They aren't perfect, but there are a lot of lines that are just SO satisfying. It feels less like the journal-style stuff Trent does and more like...I dunno. World building? I'm not really sure how else to explain it. Like the words are creating an abstract picture in your head to accompany the music. They feel more conceptual than confessional. The feel of the lyrics reminds me a bit of some Mars Volta songs in that "I honestly have no fucking idea what this is about, but dang it, the words SOUND cool together" sort of way. I really dig it.

I feel like I read somewhere that Mariqueen wrote them, but I can't remember for sure now. It doesn't feel like Trent's style at all, and if that's the case then I'd love to see her do more writing because I think she's got a lot of talent and I would like to see what her writing looks like now after a few years removed from HTDA's last release. Maybe if she didn't want to do another round of HTDA she would be willing to do a book of poetry or something? I'd be interested in it for sure.
    from what i remember, you are correct that Mariqueen was (is?) the main lyricist for HTDA. definitely a big reason why i think HTDA stands separate from NIN (in a good way) and why i really wish they'd do another album.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'd like to hear from MQ as well, having not performed or produced for such a long stretch of time I imagine she has accumulated and collected more than a sufficient amount of artifacts and opinions that must be about to burst.

I fear that TR and AR have established a routine and HTDA would just be another project where they hit the whiteboard, tinker with some toys, record some beats, then move on to project #52

MQ/TR/AR/RS need to take 3-5 weeks and regroup, disappear for example, disconnect, lock the doors, board up the walls, clear the whiteboard, conjure some angels/demons, focus and dig real fucking deep....

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Actually, I regret posting and even thinking line #2 and #3 from above. Sometimes I forget who I am talking about and should stop pretending like I know anything about the band and their writing/production process and dedication etc... let alone what's right for them to do.