Page 139 of 263 FirstFirst ... 39 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 189 239 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,170 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, fuck those assholes who drink beer, especially in pints.
    I wish we'd stop pretending that 16 ounces is a pint. Every time I tour with anyone from Europe, there's no end to the ridicule and the "this is IT?!" comments whenever a "pint" is served to them at a bar.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I wish we'd stop pretending that 16 ounces is a pint. Every time I tour with anyone from Europe, there's no end to the ridicule and the "this is IT?!" comments whenever a "pint" is served to them at a bar.
    It’s an American pint, whether or not it should be. And the guys he was taking about are definitely largely American.

Either way, I consider myself pretty worldly... I drink beer in all amounts.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I <3 the US (glass) pint glass. I put everything in there outside of water. From my bottled Miller Lite to a can of grape soda with the glass full of ice. It’s the perfect size IMHO. I’m thirsty now.

Off Topic- I think tickets go on sale today. Good luck kids. Wish I could make one of them but probably not in the cards this time around.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I got Undertow for my 13th birthday, in '93. It's been amazing watching these guys grow and evolve for the past 26 years.

I'm pretty damn excited for this thing. That being said,their last album is my least favorite, so I hope I prefer this one. I DO think that's possible.

As for me, I would LOVE more artwork from Alex Grey...but only if Alex Jones isn't available.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got my tickets to the St. Louis show. Anyone else going?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Santos L Halper View Post
    I got my tickets to the St. Louis show. Anyone else going?
    I'm going. Taking a road trip. My first non-NIN concert roadtrip. Crappy seats though (well, I mean they are not terrible but they are not great).

Edit: I did manage to get tix to all the ones I wanted so, at least I have them. Surprisingly, the ones on stubhub right now, some are not that bad priced for like 5th row.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Apparently Louisville is sold out...I'm a little surprised.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    Apparently Louisville is sold out...I'm a little surprised.
    That's all the folks coming down from Ohio and Indiana in the Midwest, I'd wager.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    You guys think the band is excited about this new material or you think they're just treating it like a band-aid to finally be ripped off? A big part of me feels that their heart isn't really in it any more and I don't expect a ton of reinvigorated energy out of them. Hope I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You guys think the band is excited about this new material or you think they're just treating it like a band-aid to finally be ripped off? A big part of me feels that their heart isn't really in it any more and I don't expect a ton of reinvigorated energy out of them. Hope I'm wrong.
    I'm a new Tool fan so I probably am the least qualified to make an opinion. But, I understand that mastering is typically done without a band/artist even present (don't know if true or not). Why would Danny, Adam, and Justin go all the way to Maine and post photos about it if they weren't really into the process and the result.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I think Danny and Adam both seem excited about it. And when's the last time Maynard seemed excited about anything? Also, I think them taking their time to perfect it and make it the best it can be is part of the reason for the lengthy delay. But hopefully the first single drops in the next few weeks and we can get a taste and find out what we're in for...

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I fully expect it to be good stuff, don't get me wrong. But I also get the vibe that the huge delay wasn't quite so much about perfecting things and much more about a lack of creative energy and the complacency of living like kings. I mean, Danny jams at the Baked Potato a lot but other than a couple of small features sprinkled throughout the past 13 years, it's not like these guys have been doing much of anything artistically. The total and complete lack of activity from them all looks even worse in contrast to Maynard, who seemingly never stops moving.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I actually have a feeling that once things start moving (release date announced, album title and track list revealed, etc) that a lot of things will start happening at once. Probably an announcement of vinyl re-releases, the release of the reworked version and video for Opiate. Probably a deluxe version/box set of the new album. Just a matter of time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The torture isn't gonna end with this album. There will inevitably be a music video announced, but won't be released for years or will just mysteriously never come out. They should just hire Robert Morgan to do one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    And when's the last time Maynard seemed excited about anything?

Should call the album Maynard’s Whine. It’s super fpunny
    Last edited by BrokenSpiral; 03-17-2019 at 08:57 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It'll honestly be kinda weird once it finally does come out. At least to me lol

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hooker_with_a_Penis

During Lollapalooza1997, a version of "Hooker with a Penis" remixed by Billy Howerdel in the form of lounge music was played over the public addresssystem between sets.[6] The band played at the festival in 1997.

I... didn’t know about that until now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Random Tool question: How much is the Salival VHS/CD set going for nowadays? Ive seen prices in the hundreds online, but managed to pick one up for $40 at my local shop.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post
    Random Tool question: How much is the Salival VHS/CD set going for nowadays? Ive seen prices in the hundreds online, but managed to pick one up for $40 at my local shop.
    Wait, really?

Ugh, guess it's time to figure out what dark corner of the basement that ended up in.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostaustin View Post

https://www.discogs.com/Tool-Salival/master/1720

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    So I had a cool experience this past weekend...

My friend and I went out to Arizona to catch the Padres play in spring training. I was looking for places to get a drink when I noticed there was a Merkin Vineyard in Scottsdale. We made our way over and yup, it was one of Maynard's & Co. store fronts. We went in and ordered some glasses of wine. The Tarzan Red was amazing! (pictured below)

As we are sitting there enjoying our drinks, the bartender and I strike up a conversation about the music that was playing overhead. I asked "does Maynard control the setlists of songs that play overhead?" - He replied "yup, he has a bunch of playlists that rang from industrial rock all the way to 50's commercial jingles...hey, hold on a second. Dirk knows more about this stuff than I do" - at this point a guy comes out from the kitchen and we strike up a conversation about music. I told him how I was a big nine inch nails fan and how I love industrial music. He went to tell me that he was actually involved with Uncle Al and helped out during TLORAH recording sessions. He also told me how he was heavily involved with Pigface during the late 80's and into the 90's and for the next hour he shared all sorts of stories about being on tour with Ministry/RevCo/PigFace. I swear, I wish I could have recorded it. He's stories were so funny/unbelievable and he was very approachable. Long story short, if you find your way to the new Scottsdale location of Merkin Vineyards, ask to chat with Dirk Flanigan if the traffic is slow.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I went to the one in Jerome once.... The best part of it was Jerome, the winery was just... Kind of a winery... I don't know what I was expecting. But I'll always remember Jerome itself was awesome

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I wonder if we’ll get a fake album title and track list for April Fool’s Day?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I wonder if we’ll get a fake album title and track list for April Fool’s Day?
    I think today would be the perfect day to announce the REAL album title (and maybe even tracklisting) to fuck with everyone and make them wonder if it’s real all day.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I wouldn't get your hopes up.

This is actually amazing and I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Undertow II confirmed!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Happy April 1st everybody. We'll make it through, see you all tomorrow.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I would find it hilarious if there is new music for the first time in years is on April Fool's Day (but that would be too on the nose).

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I would find it hilarious if there is new music for the first time in years is on April Fool's Day (but that would be too on the nose).
    Totally on brand, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk