Page 75 of 80 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2386

Thread: Trump 2018 - Trump Foundation ordered to dissolve, Flynn Sentencing Delayed

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    How is Roger Stone getting away with claiming that he had no communication with Assange? He deleted the fucking post from Twitter shortly after he drunk-tweeted it, but he flat out said "we have an open back door communication with Wikileaks." He said this in between blathering some angry hateful shit, but it was there!

You can delete your tweets, but they don't disappear, you walking shitstain

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Anyone think Trent is going to respond back to Ted Cruz?

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Anyone think Trent is going to respond back to Ted Cruz?
    I'd rather him mock Dana Rohrabacher on his way out when he plays here in California...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 11-30-2018 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I really don't understand how stuff like this isn't considered obstruction of justice...

It's just so blatant and out in the open, it's unbelievable.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    And Eric Trump's tweets about George Conway....it's like, really??

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Wait, did Eric really call George Conway's calm, reasoned, and well-informed point of order "disrespectful to his wife"? And then people BUY this shit?

Oh my god. This country is so dumb. I can't even.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    I can't help wondering what dinnertime at the Conway residence is like these days.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    I really don't understand how stuff like this isn't considered obstruction of justice...

It's just so blatant and out in the open, it's unbelievable.
    It is considered obstruction of justice. It's not a secret that he's done it, news sites are reporting on it, legal experts are weighing in, there is no doubt that's exactly what this is. Similar situations are routinely prosecuted.

The only question that remains is whether or not he'll be prosecuted for it, impeached for it, or get away with it. I used to be more optimistic about criminals being punished, but since he won it's really starting to appear that the whole idea of the justice system being effective was just an illusion.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I can't help wondering what dinnertime at the Conway residence is like these days.
    LOTS of hate-fucking, I imagine.

Spoiler: I'm sorry I made you imagine that.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I think Kellyanne hates her job and boss as much as her husband does. She doesn’t actually BELIEVE the shit she says. Come on. It’s gotta be driving her a bit crazy. I’m sure she’d love to scream out the stuff he tweets.

also, Giuliani, Trump’s fucking cyber security expert, apparently doesn’t understand how internets work on a grandpa-fail level that would make the average toddler facepalm
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna944136
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-05-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I think Kellyanne hates her job and boss as much as her husband does. She doesn’t actually BELIEVE the shit she says. Come on. It’s gotta be driving her a bit crazy. I’m sure she’d love to scream out the stuff he tweets.

also, Giuliani, Trump’s fucking cyber security expert, apparently doesn’t understand how internets work on a grandpa-fail level that would make the average toddler facepalm
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...amp/ncna944136
    I personally find it hard to believe that anyone in his inner circle doesn't hate him. I get it if you're a young WH staffer who just wants to have 1600 Penn Ave on your resume and you don't actually have anything to do with the president. But she's one of his closest people - I can't imagine a scenario in which she's there involuntarily.

Also for that Giuliani tweet...wow. Props to the guy who bought the domain name and made a quick (and successful) joke out of it. I can't tell if Rudy is so stupid that he honestly believes what he just said, or smart enough to know that his / Trump's supporters are so stupid that he can make up such an outrageously false claim and they'll believe him.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

he was upset that Rudy had one of the more insane tweets so he felt he had to one up him?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

he was upset that Rudy had one of the more insane tweets so he felt he had to one up him?
    What's insane about that? He simply noted that the only VP from the last 41 years (!!) to not be sitting in the pews was the one being remembered. If he had just left it at "everyone but one," the idiots of Twitter would be like "WELL? WHO'S THE JACKASS WHO DIDN'T SHOW UP?!" This was a basic tweet marking an historic occasion; nothing more.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    You have better crazy-coot comprehension than I.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Well, technically speaking George HW Bush was there.....

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    Well, technically speaking George HW Bush was there.....
    If you really want to get into semantics and an existential argument, there was just a body there. The part of the whole package that was quintessentially Bush was not there. Or maybe it was. No one knows.

(I swear to god I'm not on drugs. I've just always found life / death / afterlife to be a fascinating subject).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Maybe his tweet should have read “all Vice Presidents since 1977 were in attendance, including Bush, who showed up dead.”

Too soon? Sorry, I think this endless eulogy is fucking with my composure.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    If you really want to get into semantics and an existential argument, there was just a body there. The part of the whole package that was quintessentially Bush was not there.
    Nonsense! What we call "consciousness" and "the self" are nothing but comforting illusions created to shield us from the brutality of the material universe. Bush Sr.'s consciousness hasn't gone anywhere because it never really existed in the first place. All that he ever was, like any other human being, was a collection of organic material responding to the stimuli around him. That collection of organic material that we referred to as "George H.W. Bush" is obviously present at this funeral, so Eskimo's point still stands.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Nonsense! What we call "consciousness" and "the self" are nothing but comforting illusions created to shield us from the brutality of the material universe. Bush Sr.'s consciousness hasn't gone anywhere because it never really existed in the first place. All that he ever was, like any other human being, was a collection of organic material responding to the stimuli around him. That collection of organic material that we referred to as "George H.W. Bush" is obviously present at this funeral, so Eskimo's point still stands.
    I so desperately want to keep this going, but as much as I enjoy a good spanking, I really don't want one from any of the mods. So let's try to get this back on track, eh?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I so desperately want to keep this going
    You should make a new thread about all this life/death/afterlife shit in Speak Your Mind so we can just run wild with this topic. Don't ask me what to name it though, I'm stumped.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    You should make a new thread about all this life/death/afterlife shit in Speak Your Mind so we can just run wild with this topic. Don't ask me what to name it though, I'm stumped.
    OK.

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...989#post440989

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Yeah, so, an old white dude is quoting MF Doom. What.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Hip hop lyrics are that MSNBC hosts' schtick. He prolly fed the line to Lupica. It's all so cringey.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Hip hop lyrics are that MSNBC hosts' schtick. He prolly fed the line to Lupica. It's all so cringey.
    Honestly, this isn't the political climate for "I'm so white I love hip hop as a gimmick!" at all... hire him back when we're not watching the razor-sharp pendulum inch closer to our collective necks, but this is getting too dorky and I'm not in the mood for another "what fun this all is! Why, it reminds me of a Wu Tang lyric!" thing.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Honestly, this isn't the political climate for "I'm so white I love hip hop as a gimmick!" at all... hire him back when we're not watching the razor-sharp pendulum inch closer to our collective necks, but this is getting too dorky and I'm not in the mood for another "what fun this all is! Why, it reminds me of a Wu Tang lyric!" thing.
    Ari has done this for a long time now. This is nothing new. If you would give his interview with DeRay Mckesson a listen, you would find he is very on the pulse on a number of things and that there's more to him than quoting MF Doom during his show - https://crooked.com/podcast/protect-the-win2/

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Well said. There is still a level of calm to alot of these establishment types on MSNBC & CNN that makes me sick. Above all else they seemed to be insulted by the lack of decorum surrounding Trump & the right these days (and by extension, as well as people on the progressive side who right now aren't sticking to the established rules re: discourse & gov'tmental procedure as they see fit) moreso than what is actually happening to the country b/c of the disgusting acts they are setting forth.

They just want a return to the established order of things and for everyone to quiet down. Sadly so do alot of regular people in this country who are being forced to pay attention to politics for the first time b/c of what a monster Trump and his far right cronies are this time around.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Excellent Renato Mariatti Twitter thread, “What should we make of the conclusion by federal prosecutors in New York that Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to commit a crime?”

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...65980511010817

Also here: https://threader.app/thread/1071165980511010817
    Last edited by allegro; 12-07-2018 at 07:34 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Excellent Renato Mariatti Twitter thread, “What should we make of the conclusion by federal prosecutors in New York that Donald Trump directed Michael Cohen to commit a crime?”

https://mobile.twitter.com/renato_ma...65980511010817

Also here: https://threader.app/thread/1071165980511010817
    I'm buying a bottle of champagne to keep on hand for the day he's no longer president and he starts getting charged.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Renato Mariatti’s follow-up thread re Cohen and Manafort and what happened today (key details in the filings):

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...155698690.html

@Jinsai , read Bob Woodward’s “Fear.” Kellyanne Conway loves Trump, loves her job, and hates it when her husband says bad shit about Trump.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-07-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

uhhhh...

hmm...