Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Watchmen (2019)

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Mine is scheduled to arrive on Thursday so it does seem they are shipping them out.
    Damn, mine still says Backordered. When did you order yours? I ordered mine on Oct 29. Wonder if maybe I was too late.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So Amazon.ca has Vol. 1 currently unavailable & Vol. 2 & 3 at $28.07.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    got my target-purchased vinyl today. packed in a sturdy mailer, no damage. hilariously, there is a hand-written (originally blank) sticker on the front of it with the actual artist/album info, i'm guessing so that whoever in the warehouse is packing and shipping orders doesn't get confused haha

can't wait to listen to it tomorrow!!!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    got my target-purchased vinyl today. packed in a sturdy mailer, no damage. hilariously, there is a hand-written (originally blank) sticker on the front of it with the actual artist/album info, i'm guessing so that whoever in the warehouse is packing and shipping orders doesn't get confused haha

can't wait to listen to it tomorrow!!!
    I got mine today too and it had the same sticker, but I think it's printed, not actually hand-written.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Amazon gone & done lost my Vol. 1. And seems that can’t be replaced. Ugh.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Sorry for not searching first but, is Vol 1. supposted to come with a download code?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Sorry for not searching first but, is Vol 1. supposted to come with a download code?
    It does not.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    It does not.
    Thank you! Going to get the mp3 dl on Amazon now.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Damn, mine still says Backordered. When did you order yours? I ordered mine on Oct 29. Wonder if maybe I was too late.
    My order changed to "Preparing" today. So hopefully there is still hope.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    So I'm traveling and haven't got a chance to listen to the vinyl that is awaiting at home BUT... can anyone tell me what tracks the end credits and "bonus" material are on the vinyl. (Just curious, thanks!)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nun with a motherfucking gun/Owl Hunts Rat.
    Last edited by simonn; 11-14-2019 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Incorrect spelling of motherfucking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Am really loving the soundtrack, its a great mix of styles and tempos. Just hoping that the vinyl shows up some time soon!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    I got another email from Target this morning advising of a further delay with Vol.1. The notable part is that it required clicking through to my account and "approving" the delay. According to the email, if you don't approve it they'll cancel your order. Be aware of that if you get one of these emails.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    My order changed to "Preparing" today. So hopefully there is still hope.
    Mine did too. Fingers crossed.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Nun with a motherfucking gun/Owl Hunts Rat.
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Now definitively obsessed with this record almost as much as a new NIN record.

OWL HUNTS RATS might be the best track for me, composition wise.

and WATCH OVER THIS BOY the most.. emotionally resonant track. Really astonishing stuff.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Nun With a Motherfucking Gun, Objects in Mirror (Are Closer Than They Appear)/Kattle Battle (they're pretty much one song), and Owl Hunts Rat are easily my favorites.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i can't get enough of The Brick. that's a track where i actually wish it had the dialogue from the show.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i can't get enough of The Brick. that's a track where i actually wish it had the dialogue from the show.
    Consequence of Sound dogged on that track in their review (which was otherwise glowing, they gave it an A-) and called it "traditional underscore," but I really like that track, too. It's mellow and a bit on the simple/minimalistic side, but it's absolutely more than just background droning or something.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    i hope the music comes out on cd and/or digital download. i'm old & on a budget haha. as much as i'd like to, vinyl is a habit i just can't afford. & i don't do the streaming thing. i have plenty of music & it doesn't seem like a good use of the entertainment budget. i'd rather save it & buy some concert tickets.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    and/or digital download.
    Watchmen: Volume 1 (Music from the HBO Series) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0813JK143..._lWHZDbN5EMC8X

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Watchmen: Volume 1 (Music from the HBO Series) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0813JK143..._lWHZDbN5EMC8X

Thank you! See how primitive I am? I hadn't even been on Amazon in quite awhile. I try to avoid them when I can. I live in Seattle & they are omnipresent. In some ways they (& a few others like them) are destroying the city. I have a theory that Bezos is actually like a James Bond uber-villian, sitting in his underground fortress waiting to finish taking over the world. Now get off my lawn! BTW: thanks again.

PS: I would've preferred to buy the download from nin.com. Was kind of hoping for that but it hasn't been offered. This will have to do, sacrifices must be made!
    Last edited by chuckrh; 11-14-2019 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    If you ordered the vinyl via Amazon and wanted a download card, good news. Got an email today saying the record was now eligible for AutoRip download. Nice that this was provided eventually!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I did not receive that email, nor does the product page show that. Hmm.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I did not receive that email, nor does the product page show that. Hmm.
    From the drop down menu at the top of the page go to Amazon Music > Open Web Player. Then under My Music on the left, you can find it and download it.

One another note, the Amazon pages for the next two volumes have this slightly worrying note on them now:

Due to unprecedented demand this product is currently unavailable. At this time, there is no estimate on when there will be additional stock; however, if you have already pre-ordered this product your order will be shipped after the 11/25 release date.
    That's the note on Vol. 2, with Vol. 3 having the same note just with the 12/16 release date.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My Target order finally shipped last night and should be here tomorrow!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Does anyone here happen to have a good image of the autographed copies that were being sold at Fingerprints Music. I'd like to get a good image to put it up on nincatalog.com.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Does anyone here happen to have a good image of the autographed copies that were being sold at Fingerprints Music. I'd like to get a good image to put it up on nincatalog.com.
    Besides the IG post this is the only other pic I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._the_last_one/

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cdm View Post
    Besides the IG post this is the only other pic I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment..._the_last_one/
    Yeah, that's the best one i have been able to obtain. Need to make sure they are cool with me using their image too.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Thank you! See how primitive I am? I hadn't even been on Amazon in quite awhile. I try to avoid them when I can. I live in Seattle & they are omnipresent. In some ways they (& a few others like them) are destroying the city. I have a theory that Bezos is actually like a James Bond uber-villian, sitting in his underground fortress waiting to finish taking over the world. Now get off my lawn! BTW: thanks again.

PS: I would've preferred to buy the download from nin.com. Was kind of hoping for that but it hasn't been offered. This will have to do, sacrifices must be made!
    There are other sites selling the album digitally if you're only opposed to Amazon specifically. I just linked Amazon because it was the first thing that came to mind.