Page 53 of 81 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Can you tell me when or where you witnessed it live? A video would be better.
    Last time I saw them I'm pretty sure it was just Sunspots.
    Nashville. It's just this little bit of "just like now... just like now" but I noticed it, too.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mostlymad View Post
    Nashville. It's just this little bit of "just like now... just like now" but I noticed it, too.
    That song is so fucking good live.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    When was Down In It last played?

I wonder if Trent doesn't want to play that song because it was so synonymous with the chaos of nineties shows? He always went batshit during that song, which I found hilarious since it's a goofy song.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznorection View Post

I wonder if Trent doesn't want to play that song because it was so synonymous with the chaos of nineties shows? He always went batshit during that song, which I found hilarious since it's a goofy song.
    Wave Goodbye tour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "It's fun to be in New York. We played... if you go back to the very beginning of Nine Inch Nails, we played some TERRIBLE shows here in New York. None of you is old enough to have been to any of those. You? (pointing to someone in the crowd) Okay. Then you know it sucked. What? Jesus and Mary Chain? That show didn't suck. I'm talking about the ones that REALLY sucked, before that. Anyway, we've done some sucking, in our day."

Last edited by botley; 11-30-2018 at 10:09 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznorection View Post

I would love if they permanently replaced Head Like a Hole with Down In It.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Sanctified with Please interpolation? Is that a typo or a new arrangement?

If memory serves me right then this is accurate. I couldn't pinpoint it to please when I heard it but there was a part where Trent kept whispering, repeating "just like now".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Since there isn't a tour journal for tonights show yet, I'll post this here. So tonight some cunt bitch threw her beer at me and was yelling at me because I was standing. I turned around and yelled at her to fucking stand. Then her cunt boyfriend poured beer onto my hoodie, shirts, and friends jacket all in my seat. Luckily my friend saw this an told security who kicked them out. This all occurred within the 1st 5 minutes of NIN. After that the show was a fucking blast.

Man the lighting for This Isn't the Place and for Over and Out is so fucking good. Can't wait to see what's in store for tomorrow....well tonight now.
    Hoping this works. My friend got a photo of these doucheturds right before being removed. Here's the piece of shit that poured his beer onto my stuff, still holding the beer he did it with.

And the twatwaffle that decided throwing her can of beer at me 20 seconds into Mr. Self Destruct was a good life choice.

Sadly they weren't kicked out. They were given the option of being moved to the last row in the venue or being kicked out, so they chose the seats. Head security guard did tell me that they left about 20 minutes later.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I would love if they permanently replaced Head Like a Hole with Down In It.
    Nah. Take out THTF and put Down in It in that spot. That would be absolutely perfect.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    "It's fun to be in New York. We played... if you go back to the very beginning of Nine Inch Nails, we played some TERRIBLE shows here in New York. None of you is old enough to have been to any of those. You? (pointing to someone in the crowd) Okay. Then you know it sucked. What? Jesus and Mary (Chain)? That show didn't suck. I'm talking about the ones that REALLY sucked, way back before that. Anyway, we've done some sucking, in our day."

well shit that works approximately 1300% better live, thank you for that

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hoping this works. My friend got a photo of these doucheturds right before being removed. Here's the piece of shit that poured his beer onto my stuff, still holding the beer he did it with.

And the twatwaffle that decided throwing her can of beer at me 20 seconds into Mr. Self Destruct was a good life choice.

Sadly they weren't kicked out. They were given the option of being moved to the last row in the venue or being kicked out, so they chose the seats. Head security guard did tell me that they left about 20 minutes later.
    Dude! You didn't tell us they were models!!!

Also: who in the fuck SITS at the start of a NIN show? Unless they're in a wheelchair.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 11-29-2018 at 06:30 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I think this is an excellent study of econcert enthusiasts:

The woman sitting down is probably there to hear one of the radio hits while her husband is happy to be out and drinking in public instead of on the couch. I won’t fault her for sitting as we don’t know the sort of day she had prior to the gig, but throwing beers is never appropriate (much less having your trained oaf pour drinks onto someone’s personal belongings).

The woman standing with her arms folded works in local radio & might be a bit jaded from all the shows passing through her market.

The woman with her arms raised, metal horns at the ready, is expecting to have her face melted & probably should be closer to the stage so the band can feed off her excitement.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I think this is an excellent study of econcert enthusiasts:

The woman sitting down is probably there to hear one of the radio hits while her husband is happy to be out and drinking in public instead of on the couch. I won’t fault her for sitting as we don’t know the sort of day she had prior to the gig, but throwing beers is never appropriate (much less having your trained oaf pour drinks onto someone’s personal belongings).

The woman standing with her arms folded works in local radio & might be a bit jaded from all the shows passing through her market.

The woman with her arms raised, metal horns at the ready, is expecting to have her face melted & probably should be closer to the stage so the band can feed off her excitement.
    I’ll have you know, my mind read that entire post in the voice of David Attenborough.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Down In It fucking rocks

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Also: who in the fuck SITS at the start of a NIN show? Unless they're in a wheelchair.
    Please don't take this as a defense of the specific beer-can-throwing, beer-dumping, obnoxious troglodytes you had the misfortune of being near, but there are plenty of reasons why someone might need to sit down, or strongly prefer sitting down, at shows -- even for bands like NIN. Let folks enjoy their shows however they want to, yeah? (So long as they're not throwing beer cans at you, dumping beer on your stuff, or just being assholes in general, of course.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Dude! You didn't tell us they were models!!!

One of my friends with me sat the whole time, aside from when he went to get security. He has a bad hip at the moment so standing was out of the question for him. I have a bad back and there have been some times myself that I've sat for a song or two for a breather if I had seats because it hurt to stand. I'm actually not looking forward to standing at the 2 Vegas shows because I have GA and I know my back. Luckily it's been in good shape the last few weeks, knock on wood.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    One of my friends with me sat the whole time, aside from when he went to get security. He has a bad hip at the moment so standing was out of the question for him. I have a bad back and there have been some times myself that I've sat for a song or two for a breather if I had seats because it hurt to stand. I'm actually not looking forward to standing at the 2 Vegas shows because I have GA and I know my back. Luckily it's been in good shape the last few weeks, knock on wood.
    Absolutely not judging folks who prefer to sit. I had spinal surgery last year and I know how awkward it can be at public events when everyone is standing and freaking out and I'm sitting quietly. I'm more giving her shit because A. she was demanding that others ruin their experience because she wanted/needed her own, specific experience and B. her solution to everyone in front of her not quietly sitting down was to throw beer and have her homunculus do the same. Sorry to come off as a wang.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The live vocal processing Atticus was doing during Me, I'm Not was interesting. Other than using the mini-mega-phone as of late does anyone recall Trent doing much voice processing on stage? I can only remember him using clean vocal feeds.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    The live vocal processing Atticus was doing during Me, I'm Not was interesting. Other than using the mini-mega-phone as of late does anyone recall Trent doing much voice processing on stage? I can only remember him using clean vocal feeds.
    Atticus also used it during the end of survivalism. Trent used vocal effects during The Warning. That's the main one from before this tour that I remember.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    "Starfuckers" and "You Know What You Are?" had TR-manipulated vocal processing in 2005/2006 I think. He also has the delay trigger thingy on his microphone stand to switch echo repeats on and off. They have also used an octave harmonizer on his voice for high harmonies since 2014.
    Last edited by botley; 11-30-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Alright, maybe Vegas will be the place for live setlist updates... maybe...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Reasons I hate having a seat.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Somewhat damaged
    wish
    motp
    piggy
    this isn’t the place
    shit mirror
    ahead of ourselves
    god break down the door
    i can’t give everything away (I’ve been a Bowie kick lately. I’m not crying; you’re crying!)
    Subterraneans
    cop of a
    Survivalism
    gave up
    big come down
    hand that feeds
    head like a hole

all the love in the world
    even deeper
    over and out
    hurt

I give the show a 8/10
    Last edited by K-Rice; 12-01-2018 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Rice View Post
    Somewhat damaged
    wish
    motp
    piggy
    this isn’t the place

i’ll edit when I can
    Legend, thank you

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    He used distortion effects during Gave Up and Burn in 94/95. One of my favorite versions of Gave Up is from the Dissonance tour and Trent's voice sounds like he's singing through a broken machine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like almost a typical festival set so far (with the exception of the Bowie covers, great whenever they show up!)

edit: yeah probably one of the dullest setlists so far, next to Memphis. Still damn good though.
    Last edited by Esperanzan; 12-01-2018 at 12:56 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    No new suprises or super deep cuts tonight. The Bowie section was awesome. I’ve missed the live updates on here lately so I took it upon myself to do it. Tomorrow night should be interesting.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Honestly seeing some negative comments in the tour journal depresses me, I think some fans are basically unpleaseable at this point.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Honestly seeing some negative comments in the tour journal depresses me, I think some fans are basically unpleaseable at this point.
    some relevant quotes

"There's a couple Nine Inch Nails forums that are ... very niche-y for the people that can't be pleased" ~Teitan

"Some hard-to-please motherfuckers around here." ~fillow

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StockAvuryah View Post

"Some hard-to-please motherfuckers around here." ~fillow

That would also be teitan, I was quoting him