Page 27 of 60 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2019 - There are still children in detention separated from their parents

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Trump has successfully done lasting damage just in the way he and his cohorts have ruined truth. It’s sad to see a growing number of leftists fighting lies with lies.

Maher has been wrong more and more lately, but this past week’s show was right on.
    That's what gives me the fear.
    Throw in the deepfake stuff, and it's Black Mirror up in this motherfucker.

I keep trying to get my mom to see this. She has a friend who sends her propaganda that just obviously isn't true, all the time, and she tried to.get me to help her find links she can send, that prove the truth. She doesn't yet know that it's futile.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Trump backs off on Mexico tariffs...claims there's some agreement on how Mexico has offered to stem illegal immigration... No longer a need for those tariffs, and this had nothing, FUCKING NOTHING (and don't you dare insinuate otherwise!!!!) to do with Republicans saying "no" to the idea in unison.

So, now that we have this deal, whatever that fucking deal is, can we now stop talking about how we need a wall? Apparently, Mexico's got this now. "Problem" solved right?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Trump backs off on Mexico tariffs...claims there's some agreement on how Mexico has offered to stem illegal immigration... No longer a need for those tariffs, and this had nothing, FUCKING NOTHING (and don't you dare insinuate otherwise!!!!) to do with Republicans saying "no" to the idea in unison.

So, now that we have this deal, whatever that fucking deal is, can we now stop talking about how we need a wall? Apparently, Mexico's got this now. "Problem" solved right?
    He thrives on "problems". He'll resurrect them whenever the need suits him.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Trump's sons haven't paid their bar tab in Ireland - https://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-a...-irish-bar-tab

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    ...of course they haven't

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Trump's sons haven't paid their bar tab in Ireland - https://www.thedailybeast.com/eric-a...-irish-bar-tab
    I can’t stand them but, yeah, they did.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    This news story about the unpaid tab is BAIT
    This PSA has been brought to you by captain obvious

seriously, even the pub is responding with “we just sent the bill to the golf course, it’s a third of the town” Trump is to this town what Burning Man is to Gerlach NV
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-08-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    United Nations accuses U.S. of human rights violation

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Watching some of the hearing with John Dean, as usual the tantrums from the GOP are completely insufferable.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Watching some of the hearing with John Dean, as usual the tantrums from the GOP are completely insufferable.
    Sure, but the smackdown of Gaetz when Dean said "actually, Nixon did have a health care plan" was pretty glorious.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-10-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Sure, but the smackdown of Gaetz when Dean said "actually, Nixon did have a health care plan" was pretty glorious.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    SHAME on Congress. Please share far and wide.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Law Professor Joyce Vance lays it all out re Trump obstruction of Justice:

Last edited by allegro; 06-11-2019 at 10:29 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I watched the video with Jon Stewart earlier... that actually fucked me up. This is obscene.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thank you, Rep. Katie Porter

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The John Stewart clip is so fucking stunning and heartbreaking. It needed to be said tenfold, and honestly I wish it would have happened on an even bigger stage, but goddamn he gut punched the living fuck out of Congress. What's even sadder than the clip itself is the fact that the GOP is more than likely going to completely ignore the entire thing and take none if it to heart. I'm honestly even surprised that Trump didn't go on a twitter tirade talking shit on John Stewart last night.

So glad John Stewart called them out for all the #NeverForget bullshit from Washington and how shallow that all actually is.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I don't think so @richardp, I think everyone who refuses to back this bill now knows the shaming they'll face for it... an it's not because they were moved by Jon's speech, or that they know it's the right thing to do (they already knew that, they don't care). They'll back it because they know the public is watching, and this is a viral vote.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/house-...ewart-shaming/

It's amazing that Trump (or his advisers) didn't have the foresight to understand what a great political opportunity this was, and he dropped the ball. Jesus, the writing was on the wall: this will go through now.

Trump could have seized on it, and said "y'know, as a New Yorker, it's hard to distance myself and realize this isn't just a New York issue, it's an American issue, but it hits me deeply as a New Yorker, and as an American. Mr Stewart was right, this is an embarrassment, and we let partisan bickering cloud these sorts of obvious decisions. I encourage all members to vote in support of this, so that we can at least believe that our values align with our words."

NOBODY could criticize that. Nobody would.

And he's still so fucking stupid, he couldn't even take the easy political optics win there. Even Bill O' Reilly figured it out.
    I wonder what is stalling this... maybe Trump really thinks this is a personal issue with Jon Stewart. Could it be that dumb?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-12-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @Jinsai , MONEY has stalled additional funding every time. That’s why this bill is trying to get funding for 70 years. But many Republicans refuse(d) to believe that cancer and illnesses were linked to “the pile,” and were pretty much accusing 9/11 first responders of trying to scam the Federal Government for money. Even though tons of evidence has proven that “the pile” has made them sick or will make them sick in the future. These Congress members don’t want to spend money on these heroes, but are okay giving tax money to millionaires.

A TON of Representatives are bi-partisan co-sponsors of this bill (313), so it’s expected to easily win the House (once it gets past the Congressional Budget Office).

Sen. Schumer is begging Majority Leader McConnell to immediately allow a vote on a stand-alone bill that would go to the President for signature

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/con...after-n1016841

Asked earlier Wednesday if he supported reauthorizing the fund — which is in danger of running out of money —McConnell told reporters, "Gosh, I hadn't looked at that lately. I'll have to. We've always dealt with that in the past in a compassionate way, and I assume we will again."
    Last edited by allegro; 06-12-2019 at 01:34 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I don't think so @richardp, I think everyone who refuses to back this bill now knows the shaming they'll face for it... an it's not because they were moved by Jon's speech, or that they know it's the right thing to do (they already knew that, they don't care). They'll back it because they know the public is watching, and this is a viral vote.

https://nypost.com/2019/06/12/house-...ewart-shaming/

It's amazing that Trump (or his advisers) didn't have the foresight to understand what a great political opportunity this was, and he dropped the ball. Jesus, the writing was on the wall: this will go through now.

Trump could have seized on it, and said "y'know, as a New Yorker, it's hard to distance myself and realize this isn't just a New York issue, it's an American issue, but it hits me deeply as a New Yorker, and as an American. Mr Stewart was right, this is an embarrassment, and we let partisan bickering cloud these sorts of obvious decisions. I encourage all members to vote in support of this, so that we can at least believe that our values align with our words."

NOBODY could criticize that. Nobody would.

And he's still so fucking stupid, he couldn't even take the easy political optics win there. Even Bill O' Reilly figured it out.
    I wonder what is stalling this... maybe Trump really thinks this is a personal issue with Jon Stewart. Could it be that dumb?
    Great points for sure. Although it isn't very surprising that Trump DIDN'T take the chance to cash this one in. He clearly has NEVER given a shit about 9/11. Hell even that phone interview he did on the DAY OF where the first shit out of his mouth was bragging about how Trump Tower is now the tallest building in New York. He SHOULD have realized what an easy victory this bill would have been for him, but instead, the fact that he was never personally affected by 9/11 allows him to just straight up not give a shit. I bet the only way he would have given a shit about this is if someone had assured him that all 9/11 responders are diehard trump voters or some shit.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    What the fuck? You know what? Fuck it. There’s no rules anymore, right? The orange piece of shit gets away with everything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders is out of the White House https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/polit..._medium=social

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders is out of the White House https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/13/polit..._medium=social
    To clarify: she left her job a year or so ago. She's just leaving the payroll now.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    So, can we have a press secretary who actually conducts weekly briefings again in a formal setting?

ahhh, who am I kidding...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    So, can we have a press secretary who actually conducts weekly briefings again in a formal setting?

ahhh, who am I kidding...
    I have a hot take on this - I think the press briefings in their recent in-person format are largely pointless and have been going all the way back to W Bush. I think the press secretary can be doing other things to keep the press stimulated while still being held accountable. Of course, I'd prefer to see this implemented with the next Democratic President and not our current one.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I have a hot take on this - I think the press briefings in their recent in-person format are largely pointless and have been going all the way back to W Bush. I think the press secretary can be doing other things to keep the press stimulated while still being held accountable. Of course, I'd prefer to see this implemented with the next Democratic President and not our current one.
    Bush or not, weekly official press updates are a great start towards transparency. Sure, we're entering a completely new era here, but Sarah Sanders brought it back to the horse-buggy era of deception.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Yeah because the Press Secretary before her was so truthful

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    to be fair though, in the eventual rollout, Sanders was so much more infuriating and generally-bullshit than Spicer's whimpy defenses.

It's interesting to watch that SNL skit where they referred to Sanders as "so much better spoken and clear" than Spicer when she first debuted. Just wait, it'll get worse. I think, at this point, it's a mistake to hope for anything else.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    This is some scary shit (read the thread)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    "But you're being so over-dramatic comparing Trump to Hitler!"

Well....no, we're not. He's throwing his weight behind genocidal maniacs and calling Nazis "fine people". He hasn't personally ordered the killings of millions of people, sure. But that's not the only thing that made Hitler, well, Hitler.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    it's scary that Godwin's law has officially become anachronistic.