Gene Simmons seal of approval.

Waiting for the NIN condoms.
    Last edited by tremolo; 07-04-2018 at 09:53 AM. Reason: Double post

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tremolo View Post
    Gene Simmons seal of approval.

Why not, Raymond Watts (PIG) has them. A few different versions too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Why not, Raymond Watts (PIG) has them. A few different versions too.
    Holy crap! Really? If they say PIG on them I’ll buy them in bulk and whore myself around.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Holy crap! Really? If they say PIG on them I’ll buy them in bulk and whore myself around.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BkVEU5unfB1/

tried to embed and failed, so, here ya go.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Didn't get yours in the 80's?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eachpassingphase View Post
    I thought about ordering two bags, so I could drink one bag and save the other but in the end, I didn't want to shell out that much money because I wanna save up for merch the show in September. I'd like to be able to go all-out at this show because I haven't in the past, but the kids have a bunch of large expenses this summer so I have to be strategic with my penny-pinching lol.
    I hear ya. I went all out with merch at the show... It hurt my wallet after the conversion rate.

I ended up getting majorly screwed on the conversion rate for the jacket. Jacket was $75US and 75 pounds.
    $75 US = $98.59 Canadian
    75 GBP = $130.45 Canadian

So, I paid $30 more than I needed to for that jacket, lol...

Also bought 2 t-shirts and the bad witch CD.
    Bad witch Cd screwed me as well...

15 Euros = $22.99 Canadian.... $23 for a CD??? wow...

Europe is expensive. Very expensive. Now I see why TR told everyone in Australia to "steal his music" the markup on prices is insane.
    The conversion rate on food was pretty much on par. But for goods and services like CDs and Clothes, you get ripped off.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    I'm here to help if you didn't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Didn't get yours in the 80's?

Damn! Always late to the party

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

If they’re from the 80s I doubt they’ll still work... But that’s a gamble I’m willing to take.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post

Would love a couple of these!

As for the coffee, anyone done a cold brew yet?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OmnilimbO View Post
    Yes... here.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    If they’re from the 80s I doubt they’ll still work... But that’s a gamble I’m willing to take.
    The square ones have an interesting story behind them. I believe it was @heavenly_bearded who found a roll of unused "NIN get fucked" condom foil, then used it with new condoms to create new packages. The rectangular shape in the original photo is what the original condoms looked like - the discrepancy is intentional, so that no one is passing off a new condom as an old one, and vice versa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah, thank you! Not sure how I missed that. Happy to see it gets the thumbs up. Looking forward to tasting it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The square ones have an interesting story behind them. I believe it was @heavenly_bearded who found a roll of unused "NIN get fucked" condom foil, then used it with new condoms to create new packages. The rectangular shape in the original photo is what the original condoms looked like - the discrepancy is intentional, so that no one is passing off a new condom as an old one, and vice versa.
    I still have that roll and still make condoms from it, mostly to hand out at NIN shows. Toss them at people waiting in lines and if I still have any by the time I'm inside, I just randomly throw out handfuls into the crowd. When it comes to the Get Fucked condoms... The first batch that I sold here a few years ago were the only Get Fucked remakes. There were about 50 of them. I only received a tiny stack of those backings. About a year ago the seller who sold me the roll found a box of originals with something like 600 originals and sold them to me. They're the square ones you see in Sarah's pic. I could trim them down to the original size but I feel like once I do, they're tampered with and go from being original to being homemade.

These condoms Sarah has are originals. If anyone here is wanting one, please buy them from her and help her out.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    I still have that roll and still make condoms from it, mostly to hand out at NIN shows. Toss them at people waiting in lines and if I still have any by the time I'm inside, I just randomly throw out handfuls into the crowd. When it comes to the Get Fucked condoms... The first batch that I sold here a few years ago were the only Get Fucked remakes. There were about 50 of them. I only received a tiny stack of those backings. About a year ago the seller who sold me the roll found a box of originals with something like 600 originals and sold them to me. They're the square ones you see in Sarah's pic. I could trim them down to the original size but I feel like once I do, they're tampered with and go from being original to being homemade.

These condoms Sarah has are originals. If anyone here is wanting one, please buy them from her and help her out.
    Huh! The more you know... thanks again for the follow up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now I'm confused. If the square condom packs are originals why do they need to be cut down to be rectangular in order to be considered originals?
    Do you mean to say the "600 originals" you bought were the completely original manufactured condom packs from '89, or that you bough 600 original elements needed to make more/new condom packs using original materials, and that's what the square are, new condoms with original package materials?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Now I'm confused. If the square condom packs are originals why do they need to be cut down to be rectangular in order to be considered originals?
    Do you mean to say the "600 originals" you bought were the completely original manufactured condom packs from '89, or that you bough 600 original elements needed to make more/new condom packs using original materials, and that's what the square are, new condoms with original package materials?
    In 2014 I bought the roll of foils that were the DII promo side. A few months later I bought the "Get Fucked" backings, there were about 50 of them total. The original backings are 3"x3". I pressed them and trimmed them down to about 2"x2" to make them square and easy to spot in case anyone was trying to pass them as official. I made them and sold them here. See my original thread: http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...It-NIN-Condoms

Then in October 2017 the seller messaged me that they had found another box. This box was about 600 condoms already assembled. It was about a shoebox full. All are about 3"x3". I can imagine that they all looked like this when they were originally made before they were trimmed down to make them pretty before handing them out. Somewhere along the way someone got lazy and didn't think it was worth the effort to finish them? Or maybe it was pointless to promote a single that released in 1989 when they didn't even hand out the ones they did until New Music Seminar 1990 after it's release? I have no idea. Just speculation. When I asked the seller where he got this stuff they told me that they picked up some boxes of NIN promo stuff at a yard sale in Cleveland OH many years before and that they have a warehouse they use to store and sell items. I asked the seller if they could dig around and look for other NIN items they may have stashed somewhere but never heard back. Among the boxes were these condoms and the supplies to make them as well as about 1,000 promo stickers and Nothing Records promotional items. The promo stickers were for Broken, The Downward Spiral, and The Perfect Drug as well as many of those mirror NIN stickers and some plain white NIN stickers. It makes little sense that there would be promo condoms from the very first release scattered with Nothing records items and things that lead all the way to 1997. I would definitely be interested in chatting with whoever held that yard sale.

On topic, not to derail your thread... I was the very first person in the door at the physical world presale event in Chicago. The first general public person to taste this coffee. It was delicious but needed cream and sugar, neither were provided. After 14 hours of sitting in a camping chair outside the Aragon, that shit saved my life and gave me the boost to make my 7 hour drive back home after it was over (with monster of course). I definitely recommend
    Last edited by heavenly_bearded; 07-05-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fascinating. I love that kind of info. Thank you for sharing. And thanks for the cream & sugar tip.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Would love a couple of these!

I did and I highly recommend it.