Page 92 of 94 FirstFirst ... 42 82 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,760 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    That's cool @chuckrh ...except for the part where first and second place are tied in the west, and the mavs are fighting for third, while bouncing back and forth between fourth and fifth.
    AnND, during the recent games, we were missing Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber, AND Hardaway Jr, AND Dwight Powell?

MEANWHILE, the Blazers are, what?
    Giving their all to hold on to TENTH place?

We rested Luka for a REASON, big bro.

The mavs aren't exactly concerned about Portland.

Mark my words: Dallas will win 50.
    Last edited by elevenism; 01-17-2023 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    That's cool @chuckrh ...except for the part where first and second place are tied in the west, and the mavs are fighting for third, while bouncing back and forth between fourth and fifth.
    AnND, during the recent games, we were missing Finney-Smith and Maxi Kleber, AND Hardaway Jr, AND Dwight Powell?

MEANWHILE, the Blazers are, what?
    Giving their all to hold on to TENTH place?

We rested Luka for a REASON, big bro.

The mavs aren't exactly concerned about Portland.
    We'll see at the end of the season. Portland is finally pretty healthy & are just starting to get Gary Payton II worked into the lineup. He's going to be a secret weapon & Golden State regret letting him get away. BTW: Mark Cuban was unhappy about that mural, haha. The NBA west is brutal this year. There's not much difference between third & tenth place at this point. It's Dame time!

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @chuckrh tbh , I don't think this is the mavs' year.

I'm thinking 25-26, honestly.

But you gotta rep the home team.

I have a Luka jersey and a Dirk jersey, both with matching hats, and a long sleeve Dirk SHIRT with a matching hat, and a Mavs 1980 T shirt, and a Dirk=Luka type shirt, and a mavs blanket and a bunch of mavs basketball cards.

My mom has a mavs blanket and a mavs poster and a a mavs jacket and a mavs sleepshirt and mavs slippers...

You get the idea.

It's root root root for the home team.

And, on that note, Go Blazers.

I get it.

Edit: and DON'T think I'm gonna get mad wrt talking shit about sports. What fun are sports, if we can't talk some shit?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    HOLY FUCK. That was REAL?

Deep Ellum is the coolest part of dallas, where you can get tattoos and piercings, and catch The Breeders and Old 97s and Nirvana and NIN back in the day.
    It's the spot with the art galleries and such.

Hell, I'VE played shows there.

I used to live there. It's Elm and Main in old, old dallas

Oh my god. Yeah. That's hilarious.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    @chuckrh tbh , I don't think this is the mavs' year.

I'm thinking 25-26, honestly.

But you gotta rep the home team.

I have a Luka jersey and a Dirk jersey, both with matching hats, and a long sleeve Dirk SHIRT with a matching hat, and a Mavs 1980 T shirt, and a Dirk=Luka type shirt, and a mavs blanket and a bunch of mavs basketball cards.

My mom has a mavs blanket and a mavs poster and a a mavs jacket and a mavs sleepshirt and mavs slippers...

You get the idea.

It's root root root for the home team.

And, on that note, Go Blazers.

I get it.

Edit: and DON'T think I'm gonna get mad wrt talking shit about sports. What fun are sports, if we can't talk some shit?
    I've got all sorts of cool Sonics stuff from when I had season tickets. A Gary Payton signed ball & Ray Allen signed real jersey for example. On the Mariners side, I've got a signed Edgar Martinez ball. The bad thing for you about the Cowpies winning is Jerry won't fire McCarthy now. SF is going to be mighty tough even with Purdy (mouth - Deliverance reference) at QB. They are loaded for bear. I think it'll be CIN vs SF in the Super Bowl this year. Maybe KC on the AFC side. I used to hate the Blazers before the little dictator David Stern took my team away but now I really like Dame Lilliard. They've got some really good young players too that are going to keep getting better. Lilliard is awesome. & he wants to stay in Portland. He likes it there & wants to raise his family there rather than LA or NYC. PS: I have a few Seahawk jerseys, the best being a nice Beast Mode one. I broke down this year & got a Julio Rodriguez baseball jersey. I got a slightly flawed one for half price.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 01-17-2023 at 07:03 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    You better throw me some fucking likes, @chuckrh :P

I literally said Go Blazers.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Vivas in Mexico. TIENES que gustar Los Vaqueros!

Dallas fue un parte de Mexico, no? Coahuila y Tejas?

I think we've had this conversation before, last year.

But, that's how I'd see it, si yo fue un Mexicano.

It's all about 'the home team,' win or lose.
    Yes, indeed Texas was part of Mexico, so i guess Dem' Boys are a Mexican team, lol
    Yes, we already has this conversation and as i told you the Cowboys are among one of the most popular teams in Mexico (actually San Francisco VS the Cowboys is going to be a big game here).
    And as i told you i got no beef against the wonderful people of Dallas, just the team, lol

And i do believe that Dallas have a shot against the 49ers, but Purdy has proved to be a more than capable QB, still i'll cheer for the Cowboys because San Francisco eliminated my Hawks...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So yeah, Cowboys lost, i still hope the 49ers are eliminated by The Eagles, but i got a feeling they might win.

Maybe the Superbowl is 49ers/Kansas City? It all depends if Mahomes is healed by next week...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    outside of the Bills the weekend went exactly as I thought it would. KC has struggled against the Bengals for years so combine that with a potential injury issue and you have the 49er's playing the Bengals for the Superb Owl.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    again?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I'll believe it when he actually doesn't play the next season.

There were also stories that claimed that San Francisco was interested on signing him.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Dallas Mavericks just traded for Kyrie Irving.... Holy shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want that anti-Semitic, anti-vaxxer, flat-earther playing for their team.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    One way or another, Dallas is going to regret this move. You can't trust Kyrie & he's a horrible team mate.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    One way or another, Dallas is going to regret this move. You can't trust Kyrie & he's a horrible team mate.
    As far as Kyrie's beliefs and theories and such, I do not give a FUCK.
    Because, SURPRISE!
    Basketball isn't about politics or beliefs.
    Oddly enough, as far as I can tell, basketball is about...well...basketball?
    If it was about the other shit, we should have traded for Noam Chomsky and Michio Kaku.

MY problem is that this looks like a fucking circus trade to try to get Luka a ring ASAP.

We just traded two damn fine players, a first round draft pick, and multiple second round draft picks, pretty much clearing out the DECADE, for an injury prone, 30 year old prima dona, who might wanna play WITH Luka, and MIGHT wind up running him off.

KI is an amazing player, but he'll bitch and piss and moan about what brand of TOILET paper is in the locker room.

And we don't get to try this again. This is it. This is THE trade of Luka's prime years.

We SHOULD be building a legacy team around the best NBA player since...well, ever, by some stats, and being patient.
    Dirk started in 98. He got his ring in the 2011 season.

This decision is Mark, Nico, Dirk, Luka, Jason Kidd...these are some of the greatest, most creative minds in the game, yet, more than anything, this reminds me of our stunt acquisition of Dennis Rodman back in the day.

So what in the actual fuck is going on behind the scenes?
    Was Luka threatening to leave or some shit? Or, have Luka and Kyrie been talking and planning this?

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Also, Dorian Finney-Smith has only ever played for the Mavs.
    You guys may not know who he is, and he ain't the best player in the world, but he's GOOD.
    He's been with us since 2016, and he's played his motherfucking heart out.
    He's all about LOYALTY.
    This is the dude who gets ready to throw hands if someone hits Luka too hard.
    This shit...I honestly teared up a bit.
    And I can guarantee you that this HURT Dorian.
    We also LOVE Mr. Spencer Dinwiddie.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    As far as Kyrie's beliefs and theories and such, I do not give a FUCK.
    Because, SURPRISE!
    Basketball isn't about politics or beliefs.
    Oddly enough, as far as I can tell, basketball is about...well...basketball?
    If it was about the other shit, we should have traded for Noam Chomsky and Michio Kaku.

MY problem is that this looks like a fucking circus trade to try to get Luka a ring ASAP.

We just traded two damn fine players, a first round draft pick, and multiple second round draft picks, pretty much clearing out the DECADE, for an injury prone, 30 year old prima dona, who might wanna play WITH Luka, and MIGHT wind up running him off.

KI is an amazing player, but he'll bitch and piss and moan about what brand of TOILET paper is in the locker room.

And we don't get to try this again. This is it. This is THE trade of Luka's prime years.

We SHOULD be building a legacy team around the best NBA player since...well, ever, by some stats, and being patient.
    Dirk started in 98. He got his ring in the 2011 season.

This decision is Mark, Nico, Dirk, Luka, Jason Kidd...these are some of the greatest, most creative minds in the game, yet, more than anything, this reminds me of our stunt acquisition of Dennis Rodman back in the day.

So what in the actual fuck is going on behind the scenes?
    Was Luka threatening to leave or some shit? Or, have Luka and Kyrie been talking and planning this?
    You can't count on Kyrie. He'll play well until he gets that big new contract then the shit will start again. I can't stand that guy. He's left his team mates in a lurch so many times you can't even keep track anymore. I think in the long term this is a huge mistake for the Mavs. Too bad he didn't go to the Lakers & torch them. As John Lydon once said "no future". I'm waiting for the economy to crash & crush all the pro sports. The current system can't sustain. Except for baseball they've all priced the true fans out & cater to the elitist fucks. & baseball is headed that way with the crazy money being tossed around. I'm getting close to being priced out of that. They're all just tools of the military industrial complex. The court jesters & village idiots drawing attention away from what's really going on. A lot of the music industry is gone the same way. Now get off my lawn!

BTW: as much as I like Luka & Mark Cuban I can't root for the Mavs as long as Kyrie is on the team. In general, I've pretty much given up on the NBA. I have no more fucks to give.
    Last edited by chuckrh; 02-05-2023 at 09:00 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I don't know why anyone would want that anti-Semitic, anti-vaxxer, flat-earther playing for their team.
    Because, Basketball wise, Kyrie Irving is THAT guy. Plain and simple... Regardless how you look at him off the court.

I'm not getting into the politic aspect of Kyrie Irving, because I feel his recent dust up in the news was way overblown... Maybe look into Kanye West for all that.

Dallas is taking a risk, because he can literally just walk after he becomes a free agent in the summer, but it IS Kyrie Irving. The Lakers offered Russ, the 2 Golden first round picks, and the Nets wanted Max Christie AND Austin Reaves, with pick swaps along with those? Nah, Joe Tsai had enough of Kyrie and shipped his ass to Texas, and stuck it to the Lakers with ridiculous demands.

I'm also not going to act like Kyrie is the only player in history that has jumped around to a bunch of different teams, to eventually end up where he thinks he belongs. Countless players have "Promised" to stay around, but a lot of people forget that the NBA is a business. I do think the way contacts are thrown around these days (They hold very little weight these days) and players can just demand a trade and eventually get their way is out of hand at the moment, but I'm not a professional athlete. IF I were a professional athlete, you can bet you bottom dollar I wouldn't want to rot on a team that will go nowhere, no matter the money I was getting. Crazy, you never see a 2 seed trade a huge asset like Kyrie, unless there is a fallout, which there was. Dirk, even though he was in his twilight years, took less money for the sake of the team. I wish there were more players now with that outlook. But look at Damian Lillard... Dude keeps saying he will stay loyal to the Blazers and he has. But don't expect a ring on his finger anytime soon.

With Spencer and Finney gone, I would love to know where the defense is coming from lol. I mean... If this works out, Luka Doncic, Kyrie Irving, and Christian Wood are the pieces you need to go the distance; just have to fill in some holes which I believe they will do next season. There is a reason the Mavericks odds skyrocketed after the trade in less than 24 hours, Kyrie IS that guy. Plus, Kyrie has also been playing more off the ball offense lately, so the "Luka and him both need the ball" point is pretty much moot. I for sure wouldn't wanna go against that backcourt, especially the way Luka has ascended as arguably the best player in the league, plus he's hurt and hobbled so Dallas is in a "Win now" approach.

The Nets got some really good pieces, but I don't see them winning anything. Trade deadline is Thursday, so I expect a few more moves in the league that can really shake things up. The Lakers are shit and are only 3.5 games out of the play-in lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-06-2023 at 01:50 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    I really like something you said here, @Self.Destructive.Pattern

"to eventually wind up where he thinks he belongs.'

What if it's EXACTLY where he belongs?
    What if he fits right in, sticks around, and Dallas gets a couple more Larrys. I mean, fuck. I personally wish we could have Joker, but that just isn't possible.

The " Mavericks " have certainly lived up.to.their name in the Cuban era: scouting Euro League players, hiring the second Mexican player, introducing $3 and $5 tickets, signing the first Chinese player and then helping him try to defect from China, hiring Rodman, blowing up a fucking championship team (that one was a fucking mistake), having the owner on the court talking shit and getting record fines, with Cuban just laughing at the fines and donating matching amounts to charity...

We're truly fucking MAVERICKS.

I hope to god this works. It just MIGHT.

And I will bring up one thing about Kyrie's recent dust up: I give Gods and Earths, 5%ers, NOI members, and, Black Israelite theorists (Kyrie) a pass.
    And I'll tell you why...I remember some shit about black people in America that wasn't good. Hmmm. What was it, again? Oh yeah, SLAVERY (which, fun fact, did NOT end in the 1800s, at all. It ended in about 1940, no shit, look it up).
    And there was this other thing...something about a race.car...racing...no, RACISM! THAT'S it!
    SO. If a black man finds.some strange religion or theory that helps.to.heal some of that shit, well, I get it.
    Malcolm X, anybody?

It HUUUUuRTS to see Dorian go, especially, though. I know he's no all star (despite my best efforts), but we get attached to people, and Cuban era mavs have a thing about loyalty. And Dorian Finney-Smith embodied that ethos, PERFECTLY. (I'm probably buying a Finney-Smith shirt TODAY).
    It will break my heart to see DFS playing AGAINST Dallas, and I think it will break HIS heart.

ALSO, if Kyrie doesnt.find a home in the Triple.D, but we win ONE championship...it'll be FUN, but will.carry 0% of the emotional weight of our other ring winning run.
    It will be like Kawhi Leonard coming to Toronto for one fucking year, and then leaving.

I'm also a nets fan, though, because they did so well at...ok, I won't lie, a lot of it has to do with Jay Z . So I hope Dorian and Spencer...ESPECIALLY Dorian, but Spencer, too, find a happy forever home in Brooklyn.

The MFFL crew LOVES those cats.

Also, @chuckrh , PLEASE change your custom title thing to "all out of fucks to give" or "ran out of fucks to give."

That would be fucking priceless, my man.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-06-2023 at 12:08 PM.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    I really like something you said here, @Self.Destructive.Pattern

"to eventually wind up where he thinks he belongs.'

What if it's EXACTLY where he belongs?
    What if he fits right in, sticks around, and Dallas gets a couple more Larrys. I mean, fuck. I personally wish we could have Joker, but that just isn't possible.
    Anybody want some hot takes? I got em. lol

First off. Just last year I think Luka became my favorite player. And now they go and pair him with the one guy that will make it hard to root for the Mavs now. Guess I'll hop on the joker bandwagon for a while. Also, Luka + Joker would be unstoppable and I'd love to see them play old school inside-out basketball.

Kyrie has been a selfish cancer to every team he's been on. He is walking proof that skills alone don't mean shit. He thinks he's Kobe level. He is delusional. That being said. His skillset is real and if he ever gets his head and his priorities straight he could turn it around. But also, he isn't getting any younger and his time is running out.

Now, from a basketball standpoint I like the move for one simple reason. 2016. Luka's game is very similar to Lebron. He's a point forward, only unlike Lebron he understands his advantage is in the paint. Kyrie won with Lebron. In fact, the shot he hit to seal 2016 for Lebron is the most impressive thing he has done in his entire career. But there is a hitch is this plan. Kyrie is, and always will be, a number 2. If he accepts that Luka is the guy, then they can win. If he thinks it's going to be 1a and 1b, they will lose easily. He needs to become a role player if they want rings. But yeah, I mean they basically replaced Brunson with Irving. That's an improvement no matter how you look at it. And yeah, they lost some role players. But 3 and D guys can be had in the market.

Now, as to your giving Kyrie a pass. Fair enough, I understand where you are coming from. But also. Fuck that bullshit. If anything, being oppressed should teach one to refrain from doing the same thing to other people. He is a damn grown man. He should know better. Just my opinion, not that it really matters.

Also, I'm totally with @chuckrh here. I've loved BBall my whole life. But honestly fuck the NBA for becoming the shit-show they are now. They've got the lunatics running the asylum.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker! I don't think there's like, anything, that could cause me to stop watching the NBA.

And so the fuck what about Kyrie's ideas. So the fuck what if he's a Black Hebrew theorist?

Hell, I've donated money to the Nation of Islam, just because I was living in the hood, and the door knocking cat was scared to see a long haired white dude at the door.
    But he still gave his pitch, as though I was black.
    I said "so, ok...bro...can I PERSONALLY join the NOI?" He said "uhhh, errmmmm, hmmm, I uh..."
    I said "you know what? Ima buy TWO newspapers, because you had the balls to.give me your pitch.
    And I mean, grown man? So what?
    So was Malcom, and Ali, and Rakim, and Chuck D, and RZA, and Method Man, and Busta, and Inspectah Deck, and GZA, and Wyclef, and Lauryn, and Pras, and Hov, and...need I go on?
    It's just shit that creates self worth for some people. Who gives a fuck?
    Don't you supposed to be a Camus disciple? Why judge other people's beliefs, then, ESPECIALLY as they pertain to... basketball?
    Covid vaccines? Well? According to multiple specialists, that's what gave my dad his last heart attack.
    I goddamn sure don't have one.

As a kid, I played basketball with Hindus, Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists who thought Christianity was the dumbest shit in the world...I don't remember it affecting their game...except, the Hindu cats were the best.
    I. Do. Not. Give. A. FUCK, about a man's beliefs, on the court. We don't know what 95% of these cats believe.
    I don't give a fuck about a player's politics, or thoughts on, well, much of anything, aside from loyalty and ego.
    Again, if it's about politics and beliefs, I'd want Sanders, Kaku, Chomsky, Obama, and Beto.

You guys are done with the NBA because of people's beliefs, though? I'm baffled.

NOW.

You're right about KI's ego. But there's a DECENT possibility that KI DOES fit right in.
    I already said, and have been saying, that I wanted The Joker. But that wasn't possible.

So KI thinks he's Kobe? That's fine. Kobe ain't Luka. KI knows he ain't Luka, either. Kobe wouldn't habe thought he was Luka. So that's GOOD, then.

He ostensibly WANTED to come to dallas, and remember: again, this trade was approved by Mark, Jason, Nico, Luka, and Dirk.

After I got over the sting of losing Dorian and Spencer, I became fucking excited.
    Sometimes problematic players just need the right home, or the right coach.

Yes, it's scary, because this is THE trade.

But I think it might just work.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    @burnmotherfucker! I don't think there's like, anything, that could cause me to stop watching the NBA.

And so the fuck what about Kyrie's ideas. So the fuck what if he's a Black Hebrew theorist?

Hell, I've donated money to the Nation of Islam, just because I was living in the hood, and the door knocking cat was scared to see a long haired white dude at the door.
    But he still gave his pitch, as though I was black.
    I said "so, ok...bro...can I PERSONALLY join the NOI?" He said "uhhh, errmmmm, hmmm, I uh..."
    I said "you know what? Ima buy TWO newspapers, because you had the balls to.give me your pitch.
    And I mean, grown man? So what?
    So was Malcom, and Ali, and Rakim, and Chuck D, and RZA, and Method Man, and Busta, and Inspectah Deck, and GZA, and Wyclef, and Lauryn, and Pras, and Hov, and...need I go on?
    It's just shit that creates self worth for some people. Who gives a fuck?
    Don't you supposed to be a Camus disciple? Why judge other people's beliefs, then, ESPECIALLY as they pertain to... basketball?
    Covid vaccines? Well? According to multiple specialists, that's what gave my dad his last heart attack.
    I goddamn sure don't have one.

As a kid, I played basketball with Hindus, Muslims, Catholics, Buddhists who thought Christianity was the dumbest shit in the world...I don't remember it affecting their game...except, the Hindu cats were the best.
    I. Do. Not. Give. A. FUCK, about a man's beliefs, on the court. We don't know what 95% of these cats believe.
    I don't give a fuck about a player's politics, or thoughts on, well, much of anything, aside from loyalty and ego.
    Again, if it's about politics and beliefs, I'd want Sanders, Kaku, Chomsky, Obama, and Beto.

You guys are done with the NBA because of people's beliefs, though? I'm baffled.

NOW.

You're right about KI's ego. But there's a DECENT possibility that KI DOES fit right in.
    I already said, and have been saying, that I wanted The Joker. But that wasn't possible.

So KI thinks he's Kobe? That's fine. Kobe ain't Luka. KI knows he ain't Luka, either. Kobe wouldn't habe thought he was Luka. So that's GOOD, then.

He ostensibly WANTED to come to dallas, and remember: again, this trade was approved by Mark, Jason, Nico, Luka, and Dirk.

After I got over the sting of losing Dorian and Spencer, I became fucking excited.
    Sometimes problematic players just need the right home, or the right coach.

Yes, it's scary, because this is THE trade.

But I think it might just work.
    If it doesn't work don't get attached to Jason Kidd.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnmotherfucker! View Post
    Anybody want some hot takes? I got em. lol

First off. Just last year I think Luka became my favorite player. And now they go and pair him with the one guy that will make it hard to root for the Mavs now. Guess I'll hop on the joker bandwagon for a while. Also, Luka + Joker would be unstoppable and I'd love to see them play old school inside-out basketball.

Kyrie has been a selfish cancer to every team he's been on. He is walking proof that skills alone don't mean shit. He thinks he's Kobe level. He is delusional. That being said. His skillset is real and if he ever gets his head and his priorities straight he could turn it around. But also, he isn't getting any younger and his time is running out.

Now, from a basketball standpoint I like the move for one simple reason. 2016. Luka's game is very similar to Lebron. He's a point forward, only unlike Lebron he understands his advantage is in the paint. Kyrie won with Lebron. In fact, the shot he hit to seal 2016 for Lebron is the most impressive thing he has done in his entire career. But there is a hitch is this plan. Kyrie is, and always will be, a number 2. If he accepts that Luka is the guy, then they can win. If he thinks it's going to be 1a and 1b, they will lose easily. He needs to become a role player if they want rings. But yeah, I mean they basically replaced Brunson with Irving. That's an improvement no matter how you look at it. And yeah, they lost some role players. But 3 and D guys can be had in the market.

Now, as to your giving Kyrie a pass. Fair enough, I understand where you are coming from. But also. Fuck that bullshit. If anything, being oppressed should teach one to refrain from doing the same thing to other people. He is a damn grown man. He should know better. Just my opinion, not that it really matters.

Also, I'm totally with @chuckrh here. I've loved BBall my whole life. But honestly fuck the NBA for becoming the shit-show they are now. They've got the lunatics running the asylum.
    My lord, what I would give to see Luka and Joker play together; it just makes so much sense.

3 and D guys can be had on the market, but that is if they're even available at this point. There is a reason there aren't many available because teams don't let them go for a bag of chips like the Lakers have done over and over again. The front office of LA is unfortunately a learning process of what NOT to do when you have a championship team. But 3 and D wings are not as available as one might think at the moment.

Even for the antics that come to light off the court, I'm with
    @elevenism on this one. I don't care what is going on off the court, the NBA is still crazy entertaining and this really isn't groundbreaking stuff with what NBA players were doing off the court in the mid 90's. Information is just much more front and center now. Players have been saying and doing shady shit since before the Jordan era lol... It's just way overblown like almost everything that happens these days, but that's just me.

Oh, and Kyrie literally just dropped a 60 point game last year... So I wouldn't say that one shot in the finals defines his entire career. He was NOT a cancer in Boston and I think people get this one twisted way too often, and just throw that in there to add fuel to the Kyrie hate train.

He had every intention of staying in Boston, and when he announced that he would resign if Boston wanted him back was in 2018, before his grandfather passed who he was extremely close to... Then comes the trade request for wanting to go to the New York Knicks with the Spurs, Heat and Timberwolves being potential landing spots for him, but ultimately wanted to be in New Jersey or New York so he could be closer to his family which prioritized his desire to be moved. Regardless of what you think he is, he is still human and he did what he thought was right for him and his family. You can't knock a person for making that decision, regardless of what he may have said. I don't give Kyrie a complete get out of jail free card, but I think he's just a tad misunderstood, regardless of what he believes in. People were literally making fun of him for burning sage on the court, and coming into the arena with a walking stick...again, WHO THE FUCK CARES. Kuzma can walk into the arena looking like Big Bird, but people laugh with him and he gets a bobble head made from it... It's always a pony show with the NBA or even the NFL for that matter.

I honestly cannot see him thinking he's going into Dallas as 1b, or even the lead man. Dallas IS Luka, so if he tries to pull any of that nonsense, then maybe my opinion will change, but I just don't see that happening. Dallas is also my second favorite team in the league, so if this works out, I really do not mind lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 02-08-2023 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    If it doesn't work don't get attached to Jason Kidd.
    Work out THIS YEAR, you mean?

Jason is known as the man with "the highest basketball IQ" in the game, and he was a key part of the championship team.
    I doubt he's going anywhere TOO quickly, win or lose.

I DO wonder what a Coach Nowitzki or Coach Tyson Chandler might look like.

I'd honestly MOSTLY put this on Mark, Nico (GM), and, possibly...Mr. Luka Doncic.

I have this sinking feeling that there may have been an ultimatum going on.

I hope not. I thought Luka was Dirty Dirty Dallas down, like Erykah Badu and 50% of Old 97's.
    You know, a Pegasus City Playa. A DF-Dub institution, dreaming of being the new Dirk. A hometown Hero through thick and thin: hell, I even have an official Mavs SHIRT that expresses this sentiment.
    That's the way most everyone in Dallas sees it.

That Bulls docuseries, though: it taught me to NEVER make assumptions what's going on in the locker room or the mgmt office...except when we're talking about Dirk, and sadly, Mr. Dorian Finney-Smith.

Speaking of which, he was a fine 3 and D man, and I wonder about the holes this trade LEAVES in our D.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Work out THIS YEAR, you mean?

Jason is known as the man with "the highest basketball IQ" in the game, and he was a key part of the championship team.
    I doubt he's going anywhere TOO quickly, win or lose.

I DO wonder what a Coach Nowitzki or Coach Tyson Chandler might look like.

I'd honestly MOSTLY put this on Mark, Nico (GM), and, possibly...Mr. Luka Doncic.

I have this sinking feeling that there may have been an ultimatum going on.

I hope not. I thought Luka was Dirty Dirty Dallas down, like Erykah Badu and 50% of Old 97's.
    You know, a Pegasus City Playa. A DF-Dub institution, dreaming of being the new Dirk. A hometown Hero through thick and thin: hell, I even have an official Mavs SHIRT that expresses this sentiment.
    That's the way most everyone in Dallas sees it.

That Bulls docuseries, though: it taught me to NEVER make assumptions what's going on in the locker room or the mgmt office...except when we're talking about Dirk, and sadly, Mr. Dorian Finney-Smith.

Speaking of which, he was a fine 3 and D man, and I wonder about the holes this trade LEAVES in our D.
    You all had 1 of the better coaches in the league with Rick Carlisle & Luka chased him out (according to rumour). Coaches are always the first to go.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Carlisle is such a great coach and never gets spoken about. I thought they needed to move on from him, but he is extremely solid, along with Nate McMillan.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Kevin Durant is being traded to the Phoenix Suns in a huge deal; I'm shockeddd! D-Lo back to Los Angeles? Woww...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone here watching boxing? Only read about NFL

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Loved what I saw out of Kyrie last night.

He was unselfish. No Luka, no Maxi, (and obviously no Dorian or Spencer), rotating bench players, WE, not just Kyrie, pulled some incredible plays and smacked the shit out of Kawhi and LAC.

It's PROMISING, for sure.

Cautiously optimistic, for REAL.

Also, holy fuck @Self.Destructive.Pattern , Kevin Durant goes to Pheonix? Westbrook goes to fucking UTAH? And Russel in LAL?

And LAL is starting D Russel like, pretty much IMMEDIATELY, just like we did Kyrie. Like "oh, yeah it's fine: we practiced a little this morning"
    It's actually on Saturday, but STILL.

This is truly the craziest NBA year ive ever witnessed for the Western conference.

I mean, combine all this with the fact that we've got guys who could have handily been the MVP not TOO many years ago who aren't even in the RUNNING.

4-8 place are all but tied.

Damn. Rest of this season is gonna be even crazier.
    Last edited by elevenism; 02-09-2023 at 12:47 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by keilwerth View Post
    Anyone here watching boxing? Only read about NFL
    I feel like we mostly talk NBA. There's NFL and MLB, too.

Boxing? I HAVE boxing and mma on my plex, and try to keep it up to date, but I don't watch it much, these days.

I haven't been a huge fan since the days of Iron M. Bison, Real.Deal Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, etc.

I bet SOMEONE watches it, though. Pleased ta meetcha, btw.