Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1687

Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    In case anyone needed a reminder that Trump's DNA consists entirely of sewage.

https://www.glamour.com/story/a-hist...sexual-assault

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    In case anyone needed a reminder that Trump's DNA consists entirely of sewage.

https://www.glamour.com/story/a-hist...sexual-assault
    Well, he's now "defended" himself by saying this most recent accusation is coming from someone who's "not [his] type."

What is YOUR TYPE, the kind of TYPE you could imagine pinning down in a changing room and fucking against her will?!

somehow this has gotten worse... Trump is accused of rape, and his response is to insult her looks. I am so sick of this sort of crazy shit being “what we expect” from our president
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-25-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Trump is disgusting. Saying “she’s not my type” is basically a confession.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    This isn't even getting all that much coverage, nor is it surprising. This happens so regularly with this president that the news has become fatigued by it.

Like, the fact that the president is a rapist isn't news anymore. It's just an accepted part of who he is.

If someone came to you and said "the president raped me", we'd want to try and support the victim, but the fact that the president is a rapist isn't news. It's well known.

And it seems that we're all too burned out to put up a fight anymore.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Cosby is beginning his appeals process: https://www.chron.com/news/crime/art...n-14296159.php

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Antonio Brown. The timeline basically syncs up perfectly with his public and ongoing meltdown/downward spiral.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/s...-patriots.html

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Antonio Brown.
    Cut by the Pats YOU HATE TO SEE IT.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    So following on from Gary Glitter being in the Joker soundtrack my mate decided to see if he was on Apple Music...and he is! Not only that, but so are LostProphets...2 convicted paedophiles (one of whom is still being one in Taiwan!) are on a service that allows them to get royalties (albeit small) with no mention whatsoever about their convictions...that blew my mind!

Edit : HOLY SHIT THEY'RE BOTH ON SPOTIFY TOO...WTF?!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    WTF Harvey Weinstein is STILL being asked to attend actors events and women complaining about him were heckled and asked to leave
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne..._medium=social

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Wow. That is crazy.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Wow. That is crazy.
    Crazy but not shocking. The industry propped him up for years. What’s changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    WTF Harvey Weinstein is STILL being asked to attend actors events and women complaining about him were heckled and asked to leave
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne..._medium=social
    From the linked article:
    "Please know that our goal at Downtime is to create an environment where everyone feels welcome. We respect the privacy of our patrons and event partners, and want to ensure that all guests are treated equally, with the same service and respect..."
    Such a cowardly bullshit cop-out statement. Private event or not, allowing him in clearly does not make everyone feel welcome. Shame on them If they knew he was on the guest list and didn't raise issue with it.

In another article I read Weinstein's rep issued a statement going on and on about due process...also a cop-out. No private citizen owes him anything, let alone due process. They are well within their rights to tell him the fuck off just as the venue is well within theirs to ask people to leave. In this case they ejected the wrong people. Shameful.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Scottish finance secretary quits over messages to boy, 16

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ages-to-boy-16

The quotes are really getting me here, he "behaved foolishly" he "failed to meet the standards required" and "colossal lapse of judgement"...fuck off, he knownly messaged an underage boy, that's not a lapse in judgement, that's fucking grooming!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Weinstein was found guilty.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Weinstein was found guilty.
    Of lesser charges.

Maybe that's not the right phrase. Actually, it's almost certainly not.

Weinstein was up on multiple counts. He was acquitted on the most severe, but found guilty of the relatively "minor" charges that he had been indicted on.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-case-n1137956

Sentencing is March 11.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Of lesser charges.

Maybe that's not the right phrase.
    Bottom line: the walker paid off.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Bottom line: the walker paid off.
    Until I hear from any jurors, I'm going to say no. It seemed like everyone and their mother knew that it was a stunt. Unless somebody from the jury says something that gives the slightest indication that age / health played a role in this, I'm going to say it had more to do with the fact that they were tasked with finding him guilty of "life in prison" charges based largely on testimony and psychology, and not the kind of objective concrete evidence you'd have in something like a murder or burglary charge. Guessing "reasonable doubt" crept into their heads, and it doesn't take a walker for that to happen. It happens in rape trials of physically healthy people all the time.

(Please, please do not interpret this as me suggesting that juries should not believe accusers, because that is not at all what I'm intending to get at here.)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Until I hear from any jurors, I'm going to say no. It seemed like everyone and their mother knew that it was a stunt. Unless somebody from the jury says something that gives the slightest indication that age / health played a role in this, I'm going to say it had more to do with the fact that they were tasked with finding him guilty of "life in prison" charges based largely on testimony and psychology, and not the kind of objective concrete evidence you'd have in something like a murder or burglary charge. Guessing "reasonable doubt" crept into their heads, and it doesn't take a walker for that to happen. It happens in rape trials of physically healthy people all the time.

(Please, please do not interpret this as me suggesting that juries should not believe accusers, because that is not at all what I'm intending to get at here.)
    I get what you’re saying. I just wanted to make fun of the walker. The article you posted said that the jury deliberated for 5 days and seemed very somber while announcing the verdicts. Reasonable doubt is a hard one when it comes to sex abuse. Especially when there is so little physical evidence.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    He's already off Rikers and will stay overnight in the hospital due to "chest pain."

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    He's already off Rikers and will stay overnight in the hospital due to "chest pain."
    Man flu

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Actually, apparently he never even made it to Rikers. They diverted him there. Lol.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Key witness in Harvey Weinstein trial hit by car. This is some Jeffrey Epstein shit going down.

https://thesource.com/2020/02/26/key...al-hit-by-car/

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Timothy Hutton.

I have a friend who has a worked with him and they have been talking about this coming out for years. Not this case specifically, but his pattern of abuse. Sounds like there may be many more.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/chris-m...ks-11583193700
    Chris Matthews to Leave MSNBC Amid Controversy, Sanders Remarks

Cable channel’s decision to release 74-year-old anchor from contract was mutual, according to source

MSNBC “Hardball” host Chris Matthews announced on-air Monday that he was stepping down, days after being accused of making unwanted overtures to a guest and comparing Bernie Sanders’s victory in the Nevada caucuses to the World War II Nazi takeover of France.

A person familiar with Mr. Matthews’s decision said the anchor’s retirement had already been “imminent” but that the events of the last several weeks accelerated his exit. The 74-year-old Mr. Matthews and the network reached a mutual decision for him to step down, the person said.

There will be a rotating group of hosts for “Hardball With Chris Matthews” until the network decides what to do with the program’s time slot, the person said.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Matthews has been way WAY past his expiration date for over a decade now. And I'm just referring to his broadcasting skills and ridiculously out of touch takes on everything. Later loser. You will not be missed.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    A walkout happened today because the same org who published Ronan Farrow's book on Harvey Weinstein decided to announce that they were going to publish Woody fucking Allen's book, too. What the hell.

https://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/...en-memoir.html

And speaking of that shitbag Weinstein, he finally got transferred to Rikers.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The publisher dropped the book today

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    https://www.npr.org/2020/03/11/81405...ears-in-prison

23 years for Weinstein (67). Should equate to a life sentence.

Good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)