Thread: Sexual Abuse/Assault in the News

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Nice cherry pick there, my man. The difference? Multiple stories that are very similar and detailed about MJK.

Really good try, though. If you think I’d make excuses for TR if something was revealed, you’re...well, you’re you.
    Why would I think you'd make excuses for TR? Be fair to everyone, that's my entire point.
    I could still choose to ignore you, like I should, but I'll tell you this one more time.

I don't care if there are millions of detailed stories against Maynard. I don't care if a million people told me Maynard is a raper.
    Until Maynard is proven guilty in court, or he admits he did it, he's not to blame. Same goes for every single human. Get it?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Why would I think you'd make excuses for TR? Be fair to everyone, that's my entire point.
    I could still choose to ignore you, like I should, but I'll tell you this one more time.

I don't care if there are millions of detailed stories against Maynard. I don't care if a million people told me Maynard is a raper.
    Until Maynard is proven guilty in court, or he admits he did it, he's not to blame. Same goes for every single human. Get it?
    Weird. You didn’t choose to ignore me by assuming my other post was defending one person and not the other so why would you think about ignoring my retort? Maybe because your post was again low on the substance quotient. Glad you chose to respond, sir! Thank you so much for your valuable time!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Weird. You didn’t choose to ignore me by assuming my other post was defending one person and not the other so why would you think about ignoring my retort? Maybe because your post was again low on the substance quotient. Glad you chose to respond, sir! Thank you so much for your valuable time!
    You're welcome!
    I'm glad to let you know you're already on my ignore list, so please don't reply further.
    I don't fancy talking to ignorant people.

+) Yet another facepalm! Now I understand that some people are truly beyond themselves. Well, I tried. Now I give up.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 06-28-2018 at 08:46 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post

P L E A S E just leave. If you truly go by this fucked up logic, then Trump isn’t guilty of anything either in your eyes? All those women’s stories of physical, sexual and/or verbal abuse arent to be taken seriously because it hasn’t been proven in court? Fuck off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    P L E A S E just leave. If you truly go by this fucked up logic, then Trump isn’t guilty of anything either in your eyes? All those women’s stories of physical, sexual and/or verbal abuse arent to be taken seriously because it hasn’t been proven in court? Fuck off
    I'm glad you brought up Trump. I'll try my best to not derail this thread into another Trump thread.

All those women's stories of physical, sexual and verbal abuse are to be taken seriously. I don't know why you keep trying to interpret my words into your liking.
    We should pay attention to those stories. We should listen to them. We should investigate them.

But we SHOULD NOT, MUST NOT blame Trump and hold him accountable for every single story that has been reported, because, what if it's not true?
    Have you ever considered that, you know, possibility?

If so, you become the offender. You trashed Trump for what he hasn't done.
    I don't agree with, or endorse everything the man has done. Trump has said and done things.
    But he's not to be blamed until those "stories" are proved, in court or in person. Simple as that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hologram parade View Post
    He is saying take it seriously... as in wait for evidence and a verdict before deciding either way. That is taking things more seriously than assuming someone is innocent or assuming they're guilty

You're replying as if he said something to the effect of "oh why should we believe these accusers"

My take on all of this is... let the system deliver the ultimate verdict, but meanwhile - shock horror - you are allowed to voice your opinion on whether they are innocent or guilty.

Whenever a me too accusation arises, there's people (always blokes) who act as if casual discussion is bound by US legal procedure. It isn't