Thread: Rammstein

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Zeig Dich reminds me a little of Ghost.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tattoo is my favorite song on the album. Reminds me so much of Hallelujah. Going to be lots of Till hammers.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh yeah, this is some good shit right here. It breezed by at 46 minutes. Loving "Auslander", "Zeig Dich", "Puppe" and "Weit Weg".

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Great album. Not gonna really say much else because I'll be redundant.

Is my rip bad or is there small cd click blips in Zeig Dich in all versions of this out there so far?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Is my rip bad or is there small cd click blips in Zeig Dich in all versions of this out there so far?
    I have them too, in the leaked version. In a few songs, actually. We'll see if they're still there when the CD comes in.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)

Where in the song do you hear it? I didnt notice it on mine

Learning the songs on guitar now, man is Auslander fun as fuck

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Where in the song do you hear it? I didnt notice it on mine

Learning the songs on guitar now, man is Auslander fun as fuck
    I'll have to get time stamps but listen with head phones and you'll hear it.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    I didn’t notice any clicks in the version I downloaded.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just gonna come out and say it I love the album. Its quintessential Rammstein, which basically means its freakin awesome.

10 years was a long wait, but I'm super glad this wasn't a disappointment. What a great band. I'm happy for a few mins anyway.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutilated View Post
    Just gonna come out and say it I love the album. Its quintessential Rammstein, which basically means its freakin awesome.

10 years was a long wait, but I'm super glad this wasn't a disappointment. What a great band. I'm happy for a few mins anyway.
    Keep being happy - they recorded more songs that we’ll likely get as b-sides!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Ah shit, I'm hearing the clicks on my Grado headphones now. I downloaded a FLAC from KL.

My CD prob won't arrive until early next week.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    For the original May 15th (lossless) leak, someone decided to use CueTools to try and fix the sector boundary errors on a digital/WEB release. This ended up distributing the sector/frame boundary errors to random spots. The clicking you are hearing is digital silence, and is obviously supposed to be between tracks, if present at all.

EDITED TO ADD: This album gets better and better with each listen. I enjoy every song on this release very much.
    Last edited by Jon; 05-17-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Over and Out View Post
    Tattoo is my favorite song on the album. Reminds me so much of Hallelujah. Going to be lots of Till hammers.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Zeig Dich reminds me a little of Ghost.
    I actually thought the exact same 2 thoughts as you guys from listening to those songs as well. There is one point in tattoo where it almost sounds like they are about to sing the "hallelujah" part and it fools me every time lol.

In an unrelated note, I'm reading through the comments of the post from Facebook that the album is out now, and man the peanut gallery is tearing this apart. People are hating it, and I don't get it. Everyone on here seems to be in agreement that this is a great record... yes everyone on Facebook hates this.

Before throwing the record on the other day for my girlfriend and I to listen to, I read @Conan The Barbarian 's warning about going in with an open mind to my girlfriend, and at the end of the record she was confused from the warning, she said it was a great record, maybe even her favourite. I wouldn't go as far as saying that haha, but it is very good.

I was struggling where to rank it among the other records the other day, but I listened to it and LIFAD back to back while on a plane ride yesterday, I can safely say it's better than that. So it's right under sehnsucht and mutter to make a top 3. The thing with LIFAD is the tracks that are good, are amazing, but I realized there are only about 4 of them. Overall, LIFAD takes a huge nose dive mid way that does not pick up and the album just fizzles out. With "Rammstein 2019" the tracks don't have as big of a punch as the amazing ones on LIFAD, but all songs are good. There aren't really any skippable songs, which is rare for a whole record.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    In an unrelated note, I'm reading through the comments of the post from Facebook that the album is out now, and man the peanut gallery is tearing this apart. People are hating it, and I don't get it. Everyone on here seems to be in agreement that this is a great record... yes everyone on Facebook hates this.
    The album "took too long" and did not herald the second coming of Christ. I understood the hate for Eat The Elephant, but this new Rammstein release is solid front-to-back, as you pointed out. It's completely okay to not know how to feel about something after one listen; I have a feeling this will come to be regarded as a Top 3 by quite a few Rammstein fans.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    If I am not mistaken, LIFAD was also hated when it first released didnt it?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    If I am not mistaken, LIFAD was also hated when it first released didnt it?
    I remember picking it Liebe and finding it pretty damn accessible even on the first lesson. It may be my favorite album, even.
    ______

Anyways, "Auslander" has been stuck in my head since last... and those little synth fills on "Weit Weg".... I wish I could sneak in those simple things in my music so perfectly.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Yeah, lots to unpack here.

1. TIME - as other people have pointed out and is being talked about on the Tool thread, a ten year gap between albums means some people won't be satisfied unless it's five times better than if there were a two year gap. That's just not how it works. I always appreciated what Trent said about With Teeth - effectively, "I didn't spend six years making this album; I spent a few years getting my shit together and then some time trying to remember how to make an album and then made an album."

2. EXPECTATION - The fact that people have already decided how they feel about the album on release day (or even two days after leak day) means they're paying less attention to the album itself and more attention to what they wanted it to be. Eat The Elephant is a great example of this. For pretty much everyone, it wasn't they were expecting from APC. For some people they meant it wasn't even worth putting time into. Everyone else who actually spent a real amount of time with the album was able to come to their own judgments (positive or negative) based on the work itself and not on what they've decided an APC album should be. Granted, some people like a band because of a certain thing they do, so when a new album doesn't do that thing, it makes sense for those people to be disappointed, but to get angry and say the album sucks simply because it's not exactly what they want it to be is just plain ignorant.

3. EVOLUTION - This one's a bit more complicated, but it's something I've been thinking about. One reason I love The Fragile is that it feels like a supersized version of The Downward Spiral. Forget which you think is better, TF took some ideas TDS started and did more and bigger versions of it (soundscapes, musical motifs, layering, etc). So naturally, when we think about what the next album could be, we hope more of the same but even bigger/more (or at least comparable). Obviously, that's not what With Teeth was. Every band has a moment where instead of doing a bigger / more evolved version of their last album, they're going to have to do something different. To me, Rammstein always felt like a band that was getting bigger and heavier with each album. That's not to say it's always been a steady incline or that every song is an example of this, but the new album definitely feels like the first one that takes a step down in terms of its scale. I was definitely hoping for new Rammstein to be the biggest, heaviest, craziest shit we've seen yet, but I also recognize you can only go far in a certain direction before exploring new territory, so (as mentioned in the previous section) I'm trying to take what I think a new Rammstein album *should* be out of the equation and just appreciating for what it is, which I think is a pretty damn good album!

Rant concluded.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Am I the only one who hears Rammvier in Sex?

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndItKeepsRepeating View Post
    Am I the only one who hears Rammvier in Sex?
    I just came in to say the “SEEEEEX” part reminds me of “FAAAAAT!” by Lindemann, haha

Certain parts of the drumming sound like Haifisch as well.

”SEEEEX, HAHAHA, ja!” @Space Suicide
    Last edited by Erneuert; 05-17-2019 at 11:58 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Anyone know if the vinyl comes with a download?
    It does not.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It does not.
    Fudge. Gonna have to borrow the CD from dude at work next week.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    Guys, it’s time to address the elephant in the room: Till and sisters.

Spiel Mit Mir, Liese, possibly Klavier and now going totally fucking mad (dem insane vocals will be amazing live), ripping the head off a fucking doll in Puppe while his sister moans in the next room. What is his fascination with that theme? Whatever it is, it makes for epic songwriting.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So i was wrong about Latin in track 5 but there's Latin backing chant in #3.

Anyway this sounds good, on par with Reise,Reise. Will buy on CD.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Wrote a lenghty piece on the new record in light of the concerts in Munich after talking to a lot of my friends and colleagues from various music magazines the last three days, chaning the order of tracks, deep diving into some of them and really trying to listen to this very isolated and for what it is. Feel free to read it even if it's in German, but deepl.com does a pretty good job with translating it, although some wordings may get lost or seem off: https://bit.ly/2w99ak4

This my opinion as a long-time fan, but I guess I have to come to terms that this band may not be my band anymore and people shouldn't read too much into this as its just a band. The venture from 90s industrial induced stomping rock to a sort of millenial goth-metal is not my taste thouhh, yet I can respect that many take a liking to this more accessible sound. It definitely is a fun record if it came from another band without such a prolific legacy like Rammstein.

It's solid, but ultimately lacks what I find great about Rammstein except a few parts and oldschool-reminiscing tracks like "Tattoo" and "Hallomann". "Deutschland" is still a booming comeback and left a lot to expect and anticipate. Flake's also doing his career's best work on this whereas the rest of the band is on autopilot imho. I'm very very much looking forward to the live shows though and I am keen to see what time does to this record. Lyrically it is their most flat record and I'm very dissapointed as Till once was a master playing with words. I love what he did with "Fernweh" and "fernes Weh" on Radio, but he used craft his poetry way better in the past. To have a song about sex called "Sex" on the record comapred to "Wollt ihr das Bett in Flammen sehen?" speaks for itself. "Hallomann" for example does a very good job with clouding the true meaning of what's actually going on in the song, handling the theme of child abuse very careful. I wish that kind of lyrical quality would exist on all of the new tracks.

My ranking as of now:

Mutter
    Herzeleid
    Sehnsucht
    Reise Reise
    Rosenrot
    Rammstein
    Liebe ist für alle da (although Donaukinder has to be one of the best Rammstein songs in existence)

Oh and thank you @Toadflax for making some really good points on evolution and time. Rammstein indeed worked only 3 years on this and not 9 as many try to make you believe.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This album both slaps and fucks. I've been listening to Rammstein for almost 20 years and this falls into my personal Top 3. The melodies and the effort put in to give this a good, clean sound while also sound VERY organic is much appreciate by my ears. I got the vinyl yesterday and it sounds very very good. The ten years was more than worth it.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    1. Sehnsucht
    2. Mutter
    3. Rammstein
    4. Herzeleid
    5. Reise, Reise
    6. LIFAD
    7. Rosenrot

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Hearing new Rammstein & new Tool in the same week has been insane! Ran out and bought the vinyl before work yesterday. Currently favorite tracks: 'Puppe' 'Auslander' 'Diamant' 'Deutschland'. I can already tell this is gonna be a grower
    Last edited by Soma; 05-18-2019 at 02:51 PM.