Page 69 of 81 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,070 of 2415

Thread: COLD and BLACK and INFINITE - The Fall 2018 NIN Tour SPOILERS THREAD

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    wow, what an amazing setlist. can't wait to hear a tape!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Where did Trent deride the studio version as too noisy?
    In his introductory spiel last night - @magnolia posted video in the Tour Journal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    In his introductory spiel last night - @magnolia posted video in the Tour Journal.
    oh really? I haven’t listened to it yet!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    the Six Songs Left:

The Beginning of the End
    Eraser
    Dear World,
    Came Back Haunted
    Digital
    Starfuckers, Inc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If Trent pulls Dear World, Eraser, The Beginning of the End, Starfuckers, Came Back Haunted and Digital tonight (apart from the Pinion / Eater of Dreams intro), then LA got in 6 nights all the 74 songs that were played on this entire leg of the tour. And I am certain that there is more to debut on their final night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Exactly @tricil !

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I made a massive mistake not going to the "final shows" in 2009, and now I made another massive mistake not going to LA for the final shows of this tour once again.
    Next time I shall learn from my mistakes!
    I feel you my man! My plan was for me to be in a plane as I type this. Unfortunately, Christmas bonus did not come through as expected. So yeah... no NIN show this year.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I made a massive mistake not going to the "final shows" in 2009, and now I made another massive mistake not going to LA for the final shows of this tour once again.
    Next time I shall learn from my mistakes!
    NIN first, financial responsibility later.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    That rings unbelievably true with me! Always trying to do things the right way, then as soon as NIN tours/products are announced, all financial responsibilities are thrown out the window!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus View Post

And more:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB...-VI6u5m-ZUtkEA

Including a very talky Trent before Just Like You Imagined, with Mike Garson.
    I fucking LOVE that every single song of NIN's that Garson plays on immediately sounds like Outside-era Bowie.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think they have the right idea with the In This Twilight rework, but it sounds like they didn't have time to rehearse it properly. It's a bit messy, but interesting nonetheless.

Also, I love how the original sounds, so...going to have to agree to disagree with Trent on that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    I believe the phrase you're looking for is Finincial Planning.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Late to the party here...fuck me that ITT version...please, Still 2.0 this...PLEASE!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    This is the last time I don't go to LA for the final shows...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Well, it’s clear for next time that I’ll need to hit my local shows & make plans for all LA shows (unless it’s 2014 and I’m living in N.Hollywood and there’s 4 total reserved seat shows in SoCal).

Anyhoo, one more to close CBI2018. Here’s hoping the home video comes out sooner than “soon.”

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Well, it’s clear for next time that I’ll need to hit my local shows & make plans for all LA shows (unless it’s 2014 and I’m living in N.Hollywood and there’s 4 total reserved seat shows in SoCal).

Anyhoo, one more to close CBI2018. Here’s hoping the home video comes out sooner than “soon.”
    I’d take anything that’s sooner than “Spring 2014.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This tour is a gift.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Callahan View Post
    That rings unbelievably true with me! Always trying to do things the right way, then as soon as NIN tours/products are announced, all financial responsibilities are thrown out the window!
    I was having a conversation with my mom about adulting being hard and how money comes and goes. On October 30 I bought planes tickets to Las Vegas for the Saturday show then refunded them in the 24 hour grace period. Then I said fuck it and bought plane tickets and my ticket for the Saturday Vegas show on November 1st. So fucking glad I did, I was really worried about only being able to attend one of the Vegas shows and did not look at Friday's setlist till after my Saturday show. I felt supper lucky to get that old school 90's show and by the grace of God and or good Karmma I got lucky by being at the Saturday show over the Friday one. Almost all my wishes came true that night.
    Last edited by bryan_NIN65; 12-15-2018 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    were those samples in TGD from last night of you know who? as much as i try to avoid hearing him speak, in the context of the great destroyer it was appropriate

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    were those samples in TGD from last night of you know who? as much as i try to avoid hearing him speak, in the context of the great destroyer it was appropriate
    yes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bryan_NIN65 View Post
    I was having a conversation with my mom about adulting being hard and how money comes and goes. On October 30 I bought planes tickets to Las Vegas for the Saturday show then refunded them in the 24 hour grace period. Then I said fuck it and bought plane tickets and my ticket for the Saturday Vegas show on November 1st. So fucking glad I did, I was really worried about only being able to attend one of the Vegas shows and did not look at Friday's setlist till after my Saturday show. I felt supper lucky to get that old school 90's show and by the grace of God and or good Karmma I got lucky by being at the Saturday show over the Friday one. Almost all my wishes came true that night.
    On night 3 of L.A., I befriended a couple (?) that only got tickets to that show as it was the only one they could make. They mentioned being old school fans not really keeping up with newer stuff. They got pre-1995 including Dead Souls which they specifically wished for.

Then last night I spoke to this woman in the pit who happened to win tickets to L.A. night 5 and she was desperately hoping to get Reptile. She got it.

For me, it was AATCHB. 1 of 3 (+Great Below and WITT) never heard and hoped to hear live once. And it happened in the most perfect way <3

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eik View Post
    If Trent pulls Dear World, Eraser, The Beginning of the End, Starfuckers, Came Back Haunted and Digital tonight (apart from the Pinion / Eater of Dreams intro), then LA got in 6 nights all the 74 songs that were played on this entire leg of the tour. And I am certain that there is more to debut on their final night!
    From a return-on-rehearsal-time standpoint, I somewhat expect that the Garson appearance might repeat tonight. Of course, logic need not apply here at all...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3po1nt0 View Post
    It makes that fucking song SO MUCH SCARIER.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Any video up of TGD? I heard the breakdown was looooooong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Any video up of TGD? I heard the breakdown was looooooong.
    it wasn't particularly long if comparing it to 2014/2017 versions i've heard but way intense indoors. lasers, projections, strobe effects, the kitchen sink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roolfdriht View Post
    From a return-on-rehearsal-time standpoint, I somewhat expect that the Garson appearance might repeat tonight. Of course, logic need not apply here at all...
    if 2009 wave goodbye is any indication, you're on target with that thinking

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Mmm, that version of In This Twilight is quite tasty. I think I still prefer the original, but I am absolutely onboard whenever TR+co want to reinvent a song. The more versions the better, IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Mmm, that version of In This Twilight is quite tasty. I think I still prefer the original, but I am absolutely onboard whenever TR+co want to reinvent a song. The more versions the better, IMO.
    Love the noisyness aspect of ITT(original), but it's such a good song. Both versions are great, imo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Ok, I went to Night one in Detroit and that setlist was awesome. Honestly, compared to any other show this tour it was the one for me.... Until now, this is the first one Im jelous of.

Edit: In This Twilight (along with Im Afraid of Americans, Burn and Banged and Blown Through) has been the song Ive most wanted to hear since I started seeing NIN on the Tension tour
    Last edited by EvilGobi; 12-15-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Dude this performance on "On The Wing" is fucking amazing!