141 Post(s)
    Well, this came out of left field... Trivium covering "I don't wanna be me"

and it doesn't suck either.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    yeah it's very good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just sounds like someone put different vocals over the original song. Not saying it doesn't sound okay, but I'm more of a fan of mixing things up for covers and putting your own spin on it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Woah yeah that's a great cover. I wonder what this is for?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Just sounds like someone put different vocals over the original song. Not saying it doesn't sound okay, but I'm more of a fan of mixing things up for covers and putting your own spin on it.
    If something ain't broken, don't fix it. Sometimes It's best just to honor your fellow musicians by doing the song the way it was intended. I find more often, when a band puts their "own spin" on a cover song, it usually ends in a dumpster fire. So, I'm OK with a like for like version rather than royally fucking it up.

A lot of those NIN cover songs belong in the dumpster... Buckcherry's "Head Like a hole" anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Woah yeah that's a great cover. I wonder what this is for?
    Maybe we can hope there's a TON cover album coming out? That would be awesome.
    But I have a feeling it was just one of their fav. bands and they're just honoring the late Peter Steele is some way or another.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Maybe we can hope there's a TON cover album coming out? That would be awesome.
    But I have a feeling it was just one of their fav. bands and they're just honoring the late Peter Steele is some way or another.
    Well, I mean it is coming up in the 10th year since Pete's death, and Roadrunner just restocked some old ToN shirts on their webstore, so who knows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This was released last year for Black Friday RSD as a Roadrunner Side-by-Side 7” single on translucent green vinyl. Side A contained the original TON version. Not sure why they are promoting it 5 months later though.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Well, this came out of left field... Trivium covering "I don't wanna be me"

and it doesn't suck either.

I remember back in 2003, not long after Life Is Killing Me came out, people were analysing the song’s lyrics, particularly the “fourteen yellow, six are blue” part. Then an interview came out and Peter was like, “that’s one of the easiest songs I’ve written. There’s no special meaning to the lyrics, I wrote them while doing a crap and they rhymed well” or something to that effect, lol.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

So glad this exists:

Last edited by Erneuert; 05-13-2019 at 05:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently there is a big announcement tomorrow at https://shop.runoutgroovevinyl.com/shop.html (it is NOT the Bloody Kisses Reissue, that was announced in March).

Word around the campfire is a repress of the 'None More Negative' box set is being announced tomorrow. That thing goes for well over a thousand in the secondary market.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    Word around the campfire is a repress of the 'None More Negative' box set is being announced tomorrow. That thing goes for well over a thousand in the secondary market.
    One can only hope. I've been dying for a reissue of that.
    Last edited by deadwinterskies; 06-20-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Thank fuck. I am fucking dying to own October Rust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Fuck yeah, just pre-ordered!!! $214.73 shipped, beats the hell outta $1500-2500 for the original set!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Artist: Type O Negative
    Title: None More Negative Box
    Config/Selection: A / ROGV-079
    Pre order opens: 6/21/19
    Release date: 9/6/19
    Units per set: 12
    SRP: $199.98
    UPC # 081227911300

· Deluxe box set featuring the band’s complete studio albums across (6) double LP sets re-mastered for maximum fidelity!
    · The original None More Negative Box was released in 2011 as a Record Store Day exclusive and is extremely expensive and elusive. Only 1000 copies were originally pressed.
    · Features the albums “World Coming Down,” and “Life is Killing Me,” both currently unavailable on vinyl, as well as the original and controversial cover art for The Origin of Feces (Not Live At Brighton Beach).
    · Features a newly designed and band-approved outer slip case, as well as a fold-out poster, insert with credits and backstage laminate – all exclusive to this set.
    · Pressed on band-approved green and black mixed colored vinyl at Record Industry in the Netherlands and comes in (6) heavy weight direct to board gatefold jackets.
    · Limited to 5000 copies worldwide

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I much prefer that slipcase box it comes in compared to the original one.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I want this but man, not sure if I can drop 200.00 on one set, which is still missing the Roadrunner releases.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I want this but man, not sure if I can drop 200.00 on one set, which is still missing the Roadrunner releases.
    This set contains all 6 Roadrunner records. Only one missing is Dead Again which was released on SPV/Steamhammer. I’m assuming that’s what you meant, just adding clarification.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm still debating whether I can bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Honestly I think it'd be a much easier decision if they had left out the fake live album and put Dead Again in instead.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I'm still debating whether I can bring myself to pull the trigger on it. Honestly I think it'd be a much easier decision if they had left out the fake live album and put Dead Again in instead.
    Buy it and the red Dead Again vinyl box set to complement it!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That's what I meant. Brain fart when I typed it. I knew it didn't have one of them.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by renton44 View Post
    (it is NOT the Bloody Kisses Reissue, that was announced in March).
    What's the deal with this? Several places have it listed as "2-LP, non-RSD version". Is this a reissue/reprint or a remaster?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    What's the deal with this? Several places have it listed as "2-LP, non-RSD version". Is this a reissue/reprint or a remaster?
    This is a reissue/reprint of the RSD version minus the 3rd disk, so no bonus tracks. It also comes with a poster that the original RSD version did not have.

Bloody Kisses

• First stand-alone vinyl reissue of the original 2LP set for the U.S.
    • Comes in a gatefold tip-on jacket with a poster and is pressed on 180g green and black mixed vinyl at Record Industry
    • Features the same mastering as was done on the 3LP RSD exclusive edition
    • Limited to 3000 copies

UPC: 016861910099
    SRP: 29.98

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    I just now noticed that the chick on the Bloody Kisses cover (foreground, bottom right) has a black dot on her tooth.

Cannot unsee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    I just now noticed that the chick on the Bloody Kisses cover (foreground, bottom right) has a black dot on her tooth.

Cannot unsee.

That black dot is not on any of the cd or vinyl covers I own, but I’ve seen it on low-res digital images. Weird.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Does that box set contain the original track listing with 14 songs for Bloody Kisses or the newer track list with the omitted songs,transitions, and interludes?
    This will definitely influence my decision to buy it.

One great big festering neon distraction....
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Does that box set contain the original track listing with 14 songs for Bloody Kisses or the newer track list with the omitted songs,transitions, and interludes?
    According to Run Out Groove, here's the tracklist for the included version:

Side I
    1 Machine Screw 0:39
    2 Christian Woman 8:57
    3 Black No. 1 (Little Miss Scare-All) 11:14
    Side J
    1 Fay Wray Come Out And Play 1:02
    2 Kill All The White People 3:23
    3 Summer Breeze 4:49
    4 Set Me On Fire 3:29
    Side K
    1 Dark Side Of The Womb 0:27
    2 We Hate Everyone 6:50
    3 Bloody Kisses (A Death In The Family)10:55
    Side L
    1 3.0.I.F 2:05
    2 Too Late: Frozen 7:50
    3 Blood & Fire 5:32
    4 Can’t Lose You 6:05

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    God I wish footage existed of every video shoot so they could’ve compiled Making Ofs like Rammstein has done for each music video. Especially in the case of I Don’t Wanna Be Me. I can only imagine how much funny B-T-S shit could’ve been (or maybe has been?) recorded from that period. We live in hope.

Does anyone know why the full Christian Woman video is called (Naildriver Version)? Is it referring to Pete being done up like JC in the third act of the song?

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Kenny’s new band Silvertomb are releasing their first single on Friday, “Love You
    Without No Lies” -

https://www.facebook.com/logged_out/watch/?video_id=482964115613856&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.f acebook.com%2Fsilvertombmusic%2F&_rdr

Album comes out in November.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    Kenny’s new band Silvertomb are releasing their first single on Friday, “Love You
    Without No Lies” -

https://www.facebook.com/logged_out/watch/?video_id=482964115613856&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fm.f acebook.com%2Fsilvertombmusic%2F&_rdr

Album comes out in November.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been listening to Type O again... does anyone else think Life is Killing Me is underrated? It might be their best album imo