Page 140 of 195 FirstFirst ... 40 90 130 138 139 140 141 142 150 190 ... LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,200 of 5840

Thread: Vinyl Collectors Unite!

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Yup. And that's the gamble the record companies take. Not every RSD title will sell out (I've seen the bins lined with RSD releases that have withered... pretty sure others have as well) and even with titles they think will do well, some won't (especially if word gets out that the pressing of it is shitty). So what's the incentive to press 50000 copies when they aren't sure even 1000 will sell?
    The stores are stuck buying what the labels send them. It is completely a one-sided proposition. The participating labels send whatever they decide to send, based roughly on what the retailers order... and are under no obligation to take returns. There is no risk for them, apart from pissing off stores and their customers.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

throbbing gristle • journey through a body
    2018 limited edition repress on silver vinyl w/foil blocked sleeve

throbbing gristle • heathen earth
    2018 limited edition repress on clear blue vinyl w/photo print & 12" booklet

throbbing gristle • mission of dead souls
    2018 limited edition repress on white vinyl

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Annnnd you think calling me names will somehow be beneficial? Cool, cool.
    i had hoped it would make a point.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Regarding record store day:

My friend Aaron and I have been doing the April RSD and the Black Friday RSDs for quite a few years now, I would say we started going together around 2013 or 2014.

When I first discovered RSD back in like 2010, I didnt realize the magnitude of it and on my first one, Rolled in around 12pm to see everything gone and the store decimated. Lesson learned.

For the past few years we have been arriving to the store at 530-6am (this past saturday it was 530am). We set up our chairs, maybe grab some food, and talk with each other about music, movies, video games, whatever comes up. A lot of times other people in line join in on the conversation. Its become a tradition, and despite the long wait in the morning, I enjoy it.

This was the FIRST year that I came to RSD and got everything I wanted. I scored a Crow Soundtrack, a Cable Guy Soundtrack and what I really wanted; the Lost in Translation Soundtrack. Apparently the store I was at only had one copy, and it ended up in my hands. I would have been destroyed if I waited all that time to find out there was only one copy and I had missed it.

I did see three people sleeping on blankets when I rolled up at 530am. Turns out they had been waiting in line/sleeping in line outside since the night before, around 9pm. I cant imagine what they wanted to bad. Someone in line asked them and I think one of them said the Death Grips album. Either way, you will never see me sleeping overnight to score a record.

It was shocking to know that my location only got one copy of Lost in Translation. That must have been a hot item. I also checked ebay later on and the amounts that the Crow and Lost in Translation were selling for were incredible. There are 8000 copies of each! Not even super limited, but I DID hear that the majority of LIT ended up in Europe, which is why they were so limited in the US.

Also, screw people who wait in line just to buy these albums and then flip them. I buy them so I can listen to them.

All in all, this was my most successful RSD and my friend and I will continue the tradition of waking up and arriving at the store before the sun is even up. Very happy with how this weekend went and what I came away with.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DVYDRNS View Post
    i had hoped it would make a point.
    Oh, it made a point alright.

Probably not the one you intending.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 04-15-2019 at 10:56 AM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    My copy of "The Fall" had Side B issues;
    Cleaned once, band 1 skipped.
    Cleaned twice, band 1 still skipped.
    Played it in reverse, no skips.
    Played it forward again, skips.
    Let it rest for 12 hours, played it forward at 78RPM, didn't notice any skipping.
    And then in reverse at 78RPM, didn't notice any skipping.
    Played it forward at 33 1/3, no skipping.
    No skips for the rest of Side B either. Side A was fine the first time.

Glad it worked out.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Bloody Kisses is getting another repress and it looks like its just a copy of the 2018 RSD release, right down to the green/black marbling of the vinyl.

Amazon has THE CROW OST up for $34.99 with prime and has a ship date of 1-2 months out. The same thing happened with the release of David Bowie's OUTSIDE back in 2018. For some odd reason Amazon didn't get their stock until two months after other online retailers got theirs.
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 04-15-2019 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    @NotoriousTIMP any chance your planning on taping that Ministry show?
    hmmm...I do have a portable digital recorder....and it would be a shame if it wasn't documented.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Regarding record store day:

My friend Aaron and I have been doing the April RSD and the Black Friday RSDs for quite a few years now, I would say we started going together around 2013 or 2014.

When I first discovered RSD back in like 2010, I didnt realize the magnitude of it and on my first one, Rolled in around 12pm to see everything gone and the store decimated. Lesson learned.

For the past few years we have been arriving to the store at 530-6am (this past saturday it was 530am). We set up our chairs, maybe grab some food, and talk with each other about music, movies, video games, whatever comes up. A lot of times other people in line join in on the conversation. Its become a tradition, and despite the long wait in the morning, I enjoy it.

This was the FIRST year that I came to RSD and got everything I wanted. I scored a Crow Soundtrack, a Cable Guy Soundtrack and what I really wanted; the Lost in Translation Soundtrack. Apparently the store I was at only had one copy, and it ended up in my hands. I would have been destroyed if I waited all that time to find out there was only one copy and I had missed it.

I did see three people sleeping on blankets when I rolled up at 530am. Turns out they had been waiting in line/sleeping in line outside since the night before, around 9pm. I cant imagine what they wanted to bad. Someone in line asked them and I think one of them said the Death Grips album. Either way, you will never see me sleeping overnight to score a record.

It was shocking to know that my location only got one copy of Lost in Translation. That must have been a hot item. I also checked ebay later on and the amounts that the Crow and Lost in Translation were selling for were incredible. There are 8000 copies of each! Not even super limited, but I DID hear that the majority of LIT ended up in Europe, which is why they were so limited in the US.

Also, screw people who wait in line just to buy these albums and then flip them. I buy them so I can listen to them.

All in all, this was my most successful RSD and my friend and I will continue the tradition of waking up and arriving at the store before the sun is even up. Very happy with how this weekend went and what I came away with.

I wonder if your friend Aaron is my friend Aaron...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I wonder if your friend Aaron is my friend Aaron...
    Is he in Arizona? Last name starts with a C?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Is he in Arizona? Last name starts with a C?

Lol Yup. i just texted him.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Lol Yup. i just texted him.
    No way! Small world! He’s a good dude, I like hanging with him.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    yea we grew up together. we do cold waves and all that nonsense together each year. he's a good guy.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    yea we grew up together. we do cold waves and all that nonsense together each year. he's a good guy.
    Haha yup! He just texted me that you were his cold waves buddy. Funny!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Haha yup! He just texted me that you were his cold waves buddy. Funny!

he should be on this site. WTH TURBORIP?!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    he should be on this site. WTH TURBORIP?!
    When I saw NIN with him this past summer I showed him ETS. I think he just lurks.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Okay, just picked up 'Ethik - Music for Stock Exchange' from ebay for £30, which I'm happy with. Also pre-ordered a copy of The Crow from Amazon, so that's me done

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

inter arma • sulphur english
    2xLP on gold / bone white galaxy merge vinyl, limited to 500 copies, gatefold sleeve
    this band gets better with every album

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Bloody Kisses is getting another repress and it looks like its just a copy of the 2018 RSD release, right down to the green/black marbling of the vinyl.

Amazon has THE CROW OST up for $34.99 with prime and has a ship date of 1-2 months out. The same thing happened with the release of David Bowie's OUTSIDE back in 2018. For some odd reason Amazon didn't get their stock until two months after other online retailers got theirs.
    Is this the first official pressing ? I tried to look at discogs but I couldn’t confirm it .

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Is this the first official pressing ? I tried to look at discogs but I couldn’t confirm it .
    Yes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Yes.

Awesome.

I went ahead and ordered it and it said it’s going to be here May-29-July...?! Should of read the small print.LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife and I were chatting recently about music to play when we have family over soon, and it came up that I didn't have any Foo Fighters records. And she said, "YOU NEED TO FIX THAT!" in her characteristically correct way.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Last edited by jmtd; 04-24-2019 at 05:36 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

mizmor • yodh: live at roadburn 2018
    2xLP on milky clear vinyl, limited to 200 copies, gatefold sleeve

mizmor • untitled winter EP
    180g black vinyl, 6x12" insert

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Never, ever thought I would have Haunted (or any other Poe release for that matter) on vinyl. This has made my day!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Never, ever thought I would have Haunted (or any other Poe release for that matter) on vinyl. This has made my day!
    um...holy shit, i had no idea this happened. fuck.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    um...holy shit, i had no idea this happened. fuck.
    I guess it's a BAM! exclusive. I too had no idea this was a RSD thing.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Bought the Cash Grab box set from the Wax Trax! event in LA last night. Even managed to get Paul Barker and Groovie Mann to sign it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I ordered the cash grab edition. Lots of cool stuff there. Awesome you got Barker and Groovie Mann to sign it.