Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last of Us

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    New release date for part 2!! June 19th!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    New release date for part 2!! June 19th!

Now we just have to avoid MASSIVE spoilers for two months.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Now we just have to avoid MASSIVE spoilers for two months.
    I heard there were already massive leaks but I have no urge to search anything.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I just purchased a PS4 and the first one is one of the games I ordered as well. should be here in a week or so. I know very little about the game other than it's gotten rave reviews, so I'm going in practically blind and that's how I like it. can't wait!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I just purchased a PS4 and the first one is one of the games I ordered as well. should be here in a week or so. I know very little about the game other than it's gotten rave reviews, so I'm going in practically blind and that's how I like it. can't wait!
    You’ll love it. One of the best games I ever played. Played it for the first time last year and fell in love with it. Even for a 6 year old game, it holds up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I caved and read a little and it boggles me that so many don't want to buy the game anymore, or even play it for that matter due to some big changes in the story that no one was expecting. What is even more ridiculous are the people refusing to play a game that they have been excited for and even preordered it.

The way this has all turned out for this game is fucking sad. It is one thing to make a determination of what a game and its story will give you after you actually play the game, but to base all of your opinion off of a leak you read online, (true or not) without the immersion of playing, I just don't get it. Fuck, the gaming community can be the most toxic community on this planet at times.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I saw some as well. Not sure how I feel about it. I wonder how they go forward from certain events. I'll probably get it anyway to fill in the blanks probably.

Surely, they had to figure some things would get certain reactions though.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I refuse to read anything about it, but I plan to pre-order it, and I haven't even gotten around to the first one yet.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    I refuse to read anything about it, but I plan to pre-order it, and I haven't even gotten around to the first one yet.
    I didn't mean to, originally. Some was spoiled in a twitch chat. Some was spoiled in a youtube vid without warning. By that point, I caved at watched another vid. There's still plenty of plot points that I don't know.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I've seen the spoilers but it's honestly hard to imagine how the game is going to be without experiencing it in real-time. I'll just reserve judgment for when I get the game.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Welp, it's official... Currently being review bombed on metacritic with a 3.4 score. I hate this planet so much right now...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Welp, it's official... Currently being review bombed on metacritic with a 3.4 score. I hate this planet so much right now...
    I put a lot of stock value into those 0 and 1 star reviews, let me tell ya.

I like the first game but I’m not a sycophantic mega fan of it. I find it overrated honestly. I got my copy of the special edition of Part II today. I’ll start it this weekend if I can’t manage tonight.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The sequel is waaaaaay better

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Game plays great and with real time story with Spoiler: Abbie killing Joel kickstarting a revenge plot works well with me. I'm on Chapter 10.

Everything sounds like a knee jerk reaction online with toxic gaming community not liking what was done.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-21-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

The Last of Us

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Game plays great and with real time story Spoiler: with Abbie killing Joel kickstarting a revenge plot works well with me. I'm on Chapter 10.

Everything sounds like a knee jerk reaction online with toxic gaming community not liking what was done.
    Hahahaha holy spoiler alerts!!! I already knew about that part because I played through it already, about 5 hours in. Just didn’t want to spoil it for anyone else.

Last edited by ItsChrisRoss; 06-21-2020 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Hahahaha holy spoiler alerts!!! I already knew about that part because I played through it already, about 5 hours in. Just didn’t want to spoil it for anyone else.

I added tags but that's pretty common knowledge at this point. Rectify your quote of mine to block it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I added tags but that's pretty common knowledge at this point. Rectify your quote of mine to block it.
    Done. I know it’s mostly common knowledge, but I went into it avoiding spoilers. I had a slight feeling it would happen, but still wanted to find out for myself. From what I heard it’s been circulating for a while and also the reason users are review bombing it on metacritic.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Finished the game last night. I thought it was absolutely beautiful. The narrative and structure are so brilliantly crafted to really challenge your point of view. I was reminded of the experience of watching No Country For Old Men or The Dark Knight, where the filmmakers very purposefully mess with expectations in order to illicit a certain response and support the theme of the narrative.

Also, some people are mad that the game features an LGBT/feminist "agenda." Fuck those pricks right in their stupid fucking faces.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Everybody's shitting their pants, but no one's wiping their butts.
    That's how I feel after playing The Last of Us 2.
    Don't waste your time if you loved the original. Not worth it.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    A friend told me how it plays out (I was trying to avoid spoilers but gave in) and I’m not sure how I feel about everything.

I’m sure going to finish it and so far I really like it.

I’ll have to post an update once I get thru it but it won’t be for a while because I’m very slow with these games hah.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poro765 View Post
    Everybody's shitting their pants, but no one's wiping their butts.
    That's how I feel after playing The Last of Us 2.
    Don't waste your time if you loved the original. Not worth it.
    I don't get it... It's the same thing. It looks the same, it plays similarly, maybe a little more smoothly. It has the same tone. What is so different that a fan of the first shouldn't even play it?

I like it more. It's flawed for sure but I like it a lot and think it's way better.

Spoiler: the game finally sinks in quality when you find out Dina is pregnant. Nthis shit is dramatic enough without that reveal, and the game is asking me to suspend disbelief and sheer level of coincidence in the sequence of events that lead up to that. Ending the Ellie / Dina dynamic is a horrible mistake that I cannot understand from the writers point if view.

Of course the more controversial thing is shifting to Abby's perspective halfway through. It's an uncomfortable thing for the player, I enjoyed playing with Ellie, but Abby altogether lacks her charisma or depth. They do a poor job of fleshing her out. And this is compounded by a series of very bad choices. Foremost, I can't wrap my head around the idea that they wouldn't use what was left of the vaccine research to move forward with Ellie. It seems like it would still be possible to me but ok let's all ignore that. Then there's this character Mel coming along with you, she shouldn't because she's pregnant, and she really only exists to state that she is pregnant as frequently as possible. She has zero depth. From here the game steps into the egregious characterization of a pair of Asian children who dress vaguely like monks and are afraid of modern technology.... Yikes. And ultimately, all of this does nothing to make me change my mind, if I were Ellie, I'd still kill that bitch. They're all insufferable. Any way I guess I have a ways to go on that section. We will see how it goes.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Casual gamer here.

I enjoyed the remaster & was looking forward to the sequel. I've read the Ars Tech review and avoided spoilers (thank you for blocking, btw), but it seems like I'd be better off saving money and just reading a wiki to see how it ends.

Is the game "Empire Strikes Back" level or does it feel more like "Jaws: The Revenge"?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    I don't get it... It's the same thing. It looks the same, it plays similarly, maybe a little more smoothly. It has the same tone. What is so different that a fan of the first shouldn't even play it?

I like it more. It's flawed for sure but I like it a lot and think it's way better.

Spoiler: the game finally sinks in quality when you find out Dina is pregnant. Nthis shit is dramatic enough without that reveal, and the game is asking me to suspend disbelief and sheer level of coincidence in the sequence of events that lead up to that. Ending the Ellie / Dina dynamic is a horrible mistake that I cannot understand from the writers point if view.

Of course the more controversial thing is shifting to Abby's perspective halfway through. It's an uncomfortable thing for the player, I enjoyed playing with Ellie, but Abby altogether lacks her charisma or depth. They do a poor job of fleshing her out. And this is compounded by a series of very bad choices. Foremost, I can't wrap my head around the idea that they wouldn't use what was left of the vaccine research to move forward with Ellie. It seems like it would still be possible to me but ok let's all ignore that. Then there's this character Mel coming along with you, she shouldn't because she's pregnant, and she really only exists to state that she is pregnant as frequently as possible. She has zero depth. From here the game steps into the egregious characterization of a pair of Asian children who dress vaguely like monks and are afraid of modern technology.... Yikes. And ultimately, all of this does nothing to make me change my mind, if I were Ellie, I'd still kill that bitch. They're all insufferable. Any way I guess I have a ways to go on that section. We will see how it goes.

I think you already explained why. Massive drop in quality with the storyline.
    I'll add a bit.

Spoiler: From Ellie's perspective, she doesn't even know what happened with Abby and the kid. We switch to playing Abby after Ellie screaming "I'd fucking kill you!".
    Most people who played the original would've felt the same.
    First encounter with Abby after the theater scene. We get to play Abby, not Ellie, which pisses a lot of people off.
    Second encounter.
    After leaving Dina and the kid, Ellie finally confronts Abby again, who killed Jesse, almost killed Tommy, lost 2 fingers, and the reason she left was because killing her was practically Tommy's last wish.
    And Ellie just let her go. No dialogue, nothing at all. She just lets her go.
    Another fucking flashback. Ellie says he can't forgive Joel for saving her life. As if that made any sense. Remember the ending of the original?
    Last edited by Lerxto; 06-23-2020 at 12:07 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Casual gamer here.

I enjoyed the remaster & was looking forward to the sequel. I've read the Ars Tech review and avoided spoilers (thank you for blocking, btw), but it seems like I'd be better off saving money and just reading a wiki to see how it ends.

Is the game "Empire Strikes Back" level or does it feel more like "Jaws: The Revenge"?
    Game of Thrones season 8.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I feel like I can't even go on YouTube without seeing some dumb YouTuber posting huge spoilers in their title and picture. Those people should get strikes on their accounts.
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-23-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    It just seems like this second half of the game doesn't have enough structure. I think that's the thing that takes an interesting choice and sells it short. There's less motivation and direction.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    For those of you looking up spoilers without/before actually playing it, I'm disappointed that you will never get to experience the game as it was intended. A huge part of why I found the game so effective was that I had no idea what to expect from one moment to the next. If you hate the choices they made, so be it, but the intention is for the player to experience them as they happen, not to look up spoilers and already know what's around the next corner.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I can see some merit to the criticism here. I don't care about Joel, and I'm only still exploring Seattle, but Abby is built like a brick shithouse? 20 years into the apocalypse? What?

I wasn't aware of any of the drama until after I purchased, it does seem like rather odd, though.
    Last edited by DF118; 06-26-2020 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Only the first of her days is a bit of a drag, the rest I think is very good. Abby love in a sports stadium with a gym and there are people there aying video games and shit, she could definitely work out

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Abby love in a sports stadium with a gym and there are people there aying video games and shit, she could definitely work out
    What?

Anyway I made Ellie fall off a cliff earlier and she broke both her legs.
    Last edited by DF118; 06-26-2020 at 07:53 PM.