Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Maynard James Keenan pranking Trent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maynard James Keenan pranking Trent

Does anyone remember a video from the early 2000's where Maynard James Keenan pranks Trent and Trent gets super pissed? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seplomaniac View Post
    Does anyone remember a video from the early 2000's where Maynard James Keenan pranks Trent and Trent gets super pissed? I've searched high and low and can't seem to find it.
    Yeah. On an MTV talk show or something, right? I don’t remember Trent getting pissed, though. I think he’s just uncomfortable and then laughs when he realizes it’s Maynard.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    The setup was the interviewer surprised Trent in the middle of the interview by saying they had a contest and a fan won the opportunity to meet him (or something like that). Maynard came out in disguise (hat, wig and looking at the ground) and acted shy and awkward and if i remember correctly, was speaking with a funny voice and in another language. Reznor DID look fairly irritated. Then Maynard dropped the disguise and they all laughed.

I've been trying to locate a video of this for ages. I THOUGHT I taped it or at least had a real media file of it... Haven't been able to locate either.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    It was on Musique Plus. I think Maynard was repeating "I fart fire" in French.

There was a shitty Realvideo copy of the video, but it appears to have been lost to time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Haha! Never heard of this, thought it was a BS April Fools Day prank thread. Would love to see the vid assuming this isn’t a joke.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Haha! Never heard of this, thought it was a BS April Fools Day prank thread. Would love to see the vid assuming this isn’t a joke.
    Definitely not a joke. I'm sure someone has this saved to a hard drive somewhere. There's a small chance I have buried in a random NIN folder on my computer. I'll check tonight if I remember.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Definitely not a joke. I'm sure someone has this saved to a hard drive somewhere. There's a small chance I have buried in a random NIN folder on my computer. I'll check tonight if I remember.
    The only chance i still have it (I've checked every damn drive i can find.. Even paid $1200 to restore a hard drive that crashed that i thought it might have been on) is if it's archived on a zip drive. Which is now in storage for the next year or so while i live in an apartment and house hunt

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Good news: I found it!

Bad news: I haven't been able to get the video to work. I even downloaded RealPlayer like it was 1996, but I still only get audio. Anyone with mad skillz (sorry, still stuck in the 90's) want to give it a shot?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    ^^ There is, unfortunately, only audio in the above file.

I converted it to MP3 so people can listen to it easier, if they want:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/k3vkrr...ynard_joke.mp3

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    ^^ There is, unfortunately, only audio in the above file.
    That's so weird. I definitely remember seeing video of the prank, and I could have sworn the file I had included video (though I haven't opened it in well over a decade, I'm sure).

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    That's so weird. I definitely remember seeing video of the prank, and I could have sworn the file I had included video (though I haven't opened it in well over a decade, I'm sure).
    Unfortunately over the years, only the audio file really made the rounds. I believe that you've seen the video, as i have as well. It'll be a long while, but once i have all of my things back from storage, I'll try to get my old zip drive hooked up and see if i still have it archived. I'll try to dig through my old vhs tapes to see if i happened to video it from mtv as well, but that seems less likely. I definitely remember watching it on my PC back in the day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It's a bummer the video has vanished. I remember MJK in a ridiculous wig and sunglasses. Thanks for looking tough, folks. At least we still have the audio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I looked through all my burned-to-dvd video files and couldn't find this either. I could've sworn I had it. Nope. Just lots of other .mpgs from the 90s. Bummer.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Wasn't Maynard wearing a wig/hat and glasses? I kinda remember this video too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seplomaniac View Post
    It's a bummer the video has vanished. I remember MJK in a ridiculous wig and sunglasses. Thanks for looking tough, folks. At least we still have the audio.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Wasn't Maynard wearing a wig/hat and glasses? I kinda remember this video too...
    I think the Tool was wearing a wig and a hat and sunglasses

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony_crisp View Post
    I think the Tool was wearing a wig and a hat and sunglasses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My favorite part of Al's bio was the part where he talked about the fiddle player that wasn't wearing any underwear. Very insightful.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What are you talking about. The video's working perfectly fine.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Huh? where?

I do remember seeing this video once upon a time, too.

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    Got a screenshot?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    there is 100% only audio in the file above

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    April Fool's Day was a long time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I remember this was at their Montreal's show and i'm from montreal and i used to record on VHS literally everything all the time so i'm preeeetty sure i still have that on a VHS tape somewhere... now i just gotta find how to rip it

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RiffTHF View Post
    I remember this was at their Montreal's show and i'm from montreal and i used to record on VHS literally everything all the time so i'm preeeetty sure i still have that on a VHS tape somewhere... now i just gotta find how to rip it
    Well dont leave us hanging!