Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    That main riff is very 80s, I love it
    Defiantly sounds like they took a step back to their older material's sound, which isn't a bad thing. They were starting to get a little to on the heavier/progressive side of things with Meloria. Honestly, Meloria is my least favorite record of theirs. I'd even put the popstar EP above it. Popstar has some really good stuff on it.
    I think what makes this band work great is that campy 70s/80s rock feel you get from the riffs/sound. I also like the cheesy lyrics about worshiping Satan and plagues and evil and demons coming for you. That's what Ghost was.

If they're going back to the sounds of their first/second records, then I'm not going to complain. Just can't get behind the masks and the "new" singer.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    What?! Meloria is hands down my favorite. Then again, I love the heavier material. Cerice, From the Pinnacle to the Pit, Mummy Dust, He Is, and Deus in Absentia are all amazing songs. That album is just packed with greatness!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Different strokes for different folks I guess. I still think Infestissumam is their best record.

In fact, I might get a lot of hate for this one, but I simply cannot stand "he is" I think that might hands down be the worst song in their catalog.

I agree that Dues in Absentia is fantastic though. Best song on Meloria. I just find I skip half the record.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I like the new single. It's a grower. It's good but doesn't transcend the catalog in any form....yet.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New album Prequelle is out for preorder. Release is June 1st.

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.c...ns/ghost/music

I preordered the deluxe vinyl. Red smoke variant + 7” bonus ep with lenticular 3D artwork.

Also new music video

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Sweet!! That means it comes out the day I'm seeing them in St. Paul. Album release show!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Also new music video

Wow, you can really see how fake that Cardinal Copia mask looks in this video lol.
    He should just scrap the mask and just use his own face painted up.

Also, regarding the pre-order items, the CD has already sold out! WTF... Thought nobody wanted CD's anymore... Isn't that what a certain TR said once?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    New album Prequelle is out for preorder. Release is June 1st.

https://bodega.lomavistarecordings.c...ns/ghost/music

I preordered the deluxe vinyl. Red smoke variant + 7” bonus ep with lenticular 3D artwork.

Also new music video

Pre ordered as well

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It’s A Sin is one of the bonus songs. They’re both covers so I assume it’s a cover of the Pet Shop Boys song.

Not sure what Avalanche is. Maybe Leonard Cohen?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Can't wait for this, loved the single, i hope "Avalanche" is the Leonard Cohen song (although nothing will ever top Nick cave's version)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Avalanche is indeed the Leonard Cohen song.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Avalanche is indeed the Leonard Cohen song.
    I'm fine with that.

I just cracked open Pet Shop Boys on my music library and re-listened to It's A Sin. Ghost will smash it. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I'm fine with that.

I just cracked open Pet Shop Boys on my music library and re-listened to It's A Sin. Ghost will smash it. Can't wait.
    Cant wait for the vinyl to show up. Sooooon.

Wish we were getting lossless files.

Crazy how the cd sold out quick. Im sure more will be available.

also, confirmed female ghoul

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The CD is back in stock @Conan The Barbarian

I am pissed at myself since I only pre-ordered the 34.00 Deluxe album and missed the option for the 50.00 choice with the Diecut Rats picture disc and tote bag for only 16.00 more. Ugh!

Nice group shot. However this album proved my initial thoughts of the creep factor being gone. The image and music is still awesome but I miss the ghastly and haunting looming presence of the past band incarnations.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The CD is back in stock @Conan The Barbarian

I am pissed at myself since I only pre-ordered the 34.00 Deluxe album and missed the option for the 50.00 choice with the Diecut Rats picture disc and tote bag for only 16.00 more. Ugh!

Nice group shot. However this album proved my initial thoughts of the creep factor being gone. The image and music is still awesome but I miss the ghastly and haunting looming presence of the past band incarnations.
    I am good with the cd, I got the vinyl. The bag I can go without, but that Rats single sure looks good. There is also a plague mask bundle.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I am good with the cd, I got the vinyl. The bag I can go without, but that Rats single sure looks good. There is also a plague mask bundle.
    I got the CD also this morning since I like to blow money. >.<

I am kicking myself for missing that option. I really want it. I just hope they sell it separate.

I was expecting new Ghoul masks this go around but they don't have them. The Plague mask is what I was expecting.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I got the CD also this morning since I like to blow money. >.<

I am kicking myself for missing that option. I really want it. I just hope they sell it separate.

I was expecting new Ghoul masks this go around but they don't have them. The Plague mask is what I was expecting.
    Well, could you pre order the bundle and cancel your initial pre order? maybe contact customer support? I cant see a Sandbag situation happening here.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Well, could you pre order the bundle and cancel your initial pre order? maybe contact customer support? I cant see a Sandbag situation happening here.
    I doubt they'd cancel the pre-order due to me being eager with the first option I seen.

Originally when I looked on my phone last night they had the $155.00 option and the $34.00 Deluxe and $20.00 options (in my viewing window). The Die-cut Rats caught my eye but then I realized I had to buy the everything bundle. Guess not.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I doubt they'd cancel the pre-order due to me being eager with the first option I seen.

Originally when I looked on my phone last night they had the $155.00 option and the $34.00 Deluxe and $20.00 options (in my viewing window). The Die-cut Rats caught my eye but then I realized I had to buy the everything bundle. Guess not.
    Never hurts to try.

I was going watch f13 movies and play the game today here at work since horrible storms and tornadoes are on the way. But I can stop listening to the song. Guess Ill be tuning my guitar to standard D and learning this sucker tonight.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I loved the previous version of the Nameless Ghoul masks, it looked like they HAD mouths but they'd been erased somehow.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I cancelled my pre-order and got the other version. They replied quick. Woo!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I loved the previous version of the Nameless Ghoul masks, it looked like they HAD mouths but they'd been erased somehow.
    Yeah, they reminded me a bit of the bounty hunters from the Critters movies or the scene in The Matrix where Neo's mouth disappears.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Ok, I really, really like this new single. I must've listened to it about 20 times today....

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    For whoever had a problem with Ghost playing backup tracks, they will have 9 people onstage and some will provide live vocal backups. So there you have it.

This is a new era. Forge is using the cardinal and not a papa due to the current lawsuit. If it goes in his favor, then Copia will eventually turn into papa4

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    For whoever had a problem with Ghost playing backup tracks, they will have 9 people onstage and some will provide live vocal backups. So there you have it.
    Like Slipknot? /s

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Like Slipknot? /s
    I dont think its going to be that. I think he is adding more backup signers. I think the live show is going to have an arena rock vibe this era.

Imagine an entire choir group singing the intro and chorus to Year Zero, im in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I dont think its going to be that. I think he is adding more backup signers. I think the live show is going to have an arena rock vibe this era.

Imagine an entire choir group singing the intro and chorus to Year Zero, im in.
    The acoustic video from the week or so ago they Ghouls gave backup vocals, albeit messing up the lyrics, so that makes sense.

It's not even a week and we already have this. It's decent also.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    New issue...

scans

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    i've been trying for about 6 yrs to "get" this band....what the hell am i missing?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by center27j View Post
    i've been trying for about 6 yrs to "get" this band....what the hell am i missing?
    Nothing. You clearly don’t like them and nothing will click after 3 albums and 2 EPs. Valiant effort though.