Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Spotting 2018

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

this made me laugh so hard

edit: thanks to whichever admin fixed this. didn't realize i could directly insert a tweet!
    Last edited by eversonpoe; 03-29-2018 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    probably mentioned sometime in the past, but today my girlfriend and I were watching Scared Straight '99, and when they were introducing one of the juvenile kids, NIN's Burn played in the background. I marked out.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    From Mark Romanek's Instagram. ARG?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhE5yovHYrz

(LOL)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    From Mark Romanek's Instagram. ARG?
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BhE5yovHYrz

(LOL)
    Reminds me of the One Hour Photo / NIN mashups.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Random Spotting. Linkin Park's Mike Shinoda did some annotations for his solo album on Genius. He refers to The Downward Spiral with a link to Piggy saying "One of my favorite albums growing up was The Downward Spiral by Nine Inch Nails. I think this song has some inspiration from the thousands of times I listened to that album."
    https://genius.com/14241480

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Found this (parody) on facebook:

Followers, I had hoped that my first post in 2018 would be more positive, but unfortunately the#enemy rarely takes a breather. A new metallion threat has come to my attention of which I need to make you all aware. They are called #Nin, a play on the word ‘sin’ and short for “Nine Inch Nails”, which clearly attempts to make a mockery of the Lord Jesus’ crucifixion. Here are five facts you must arm yourself with:

1. Nin is led by Trev Reznor, a practicing devil worshipper, and known associate of female “death’s metal” deviant, #MarilynManson. Indeed, the two have on multiple occasions been thought to be romantically involved with Manson referring to Reznor as the “best and most evil lover” she’s ever had.

2. Reznor dubbed Nin’s debut album, “Downfacing Spiral”, a known #stance in the demonic meditation form of #yoga, which leaves its practitioners vulnerable to satanic attacks.

3. In addition to his proclivity for indulging in occult practices, Reznor is also a renowned shower-shunner and regularly photographed in a state of abject #dishevelment, wearing torn and tattered clothing and covered in mud.

4. In addition to the usual metaller mainstays like promoting satanism and drugs, one of Nin’s songs famously celebrates #bestiality, with Reznor chanting: “I want to f*** an animal!” on the track, “Loser”.

5. Trev is known to regularly join the chorus-line of other booze-addled metallers who criticize and insult our President, while pledging their support for Clinton, Saunders and other agents of the Deep State and #illuminati.

Some have referred to Trev Reznor as a genius, but these #facts prove that he little more than a soldier in Satan’s army, on a mission to claim as many souls for hell as possible. Follow him and indulge in his insidious work at your peril.

#Blessings
    Rev. Johann

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just randomly came across this picture of Travis Scott.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/04...ncements-c2e2/

i was actually surprised this hasn't been posted here yet (probably just a stolen logo but you never know)

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Pogo from MM fame has neen lashing out at Billy Corgan on Facebook. These quotes came up at one point.

“Trent Reznor and Charlie Clouser in their pinky fingers have more knowledge about synthesizers than Billy Corgan has in his giant bald f****** head!”

“‘And one must avoid the Pavlovian response to speak to the greater interest at the detriment of those who truly are interested in artistic process (which time has shown is probably the least interesting detail to most).’ Could this guy use more pseudo-intellectual bullsh*t speak? I told you he was an arrogant piece of sh*t, why do you think Trent Reznor and I hate his f*cking guts?”
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 04-06-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'm into it, along with the playful usage of the censoring bleep.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Rodgerson View Post
    Per Bleeding Cool, looks like IDW's main event is tomorrow at 1:15 EST. If this comic/YZ thing is for real, keep an eye out for it then.
    Nothing official has been reported yet, but we're not the only ones speculating a YZ comic.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I just randomly came across this picture of Travis Scott.
    He apparently has a nice collection:

http://pausemag.co.uk/wp-content/upl...3/IMG_0326.jpg
    http://www.upscalehype.com/wp-conten...tt-NIN-tee.jpg
    http://www.starstyleman.com/wp-conte...m/23/10123.jpg
    I've seen him in a cool PHM shirt faded to all get out, but couldn't find that one.

Last edited by ekrekel; 04-17-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Nice piece in The Independent on the new Queen Kwong album that gives a shout-out to TR + NIN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

I was listening to most recent episode of The Moth podcast this morning and I hear NIN come on and get irrationally excited.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Surely the ETS detectives can solve the case.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfJTrjD-7Z/

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    https://www.avclub.com/whats-your-fa...ilm-1825129531

Although the combination of a Nine Inch Nails remix and 1995 release date had me wondering if it’d feel dated, my “first answer best answer” is Se7en. That movie profoundly affected me when I saw it in the theater (on a first date), and I always think of it whenever this topic comes up. I haven’t watched it in a while, but revisiting the credits now, I still find them compelling. Trent Reznor’s ominous music—a prelude to when he’d score Fincher films two decades later—plays against a montage of Se7en’s killer making his macabre notebooks, punctuated by black screens with stylized text and handwritten names of the film’s stars. The credits perfectly set up what follows, though nothing prepared me for that sloth scene.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Interesting...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Noticed some commentaries on twitter and Instagram saying that Trent and Atticus were at a thing called Contenders Emmies hosted by Deadline, obviously doing a circuit for the Vietnam War documentary. Could TR end up three quarters of the way to an EGOT?
    https://instagram.com/p/BhnGpO4Hm9S/

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Noticed some commentaries on twitter and Instagram saying that Trent and Atticus were at a thing called Contenders Emmies hosted by Deadline, obviously doing a circuit for the Vietnam War documentary. Could TR end up three quarters of the way to an EGOT?

tanyarazo
    Directors Guild of America

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’ve no idea how to embed things and it is a pain in the arse

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    https://instagram.com/p/BhnGpO4Hm9S/
    time for "downward spiral" the musical
    -Louie

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    St. Vincent performed at Coachella this past weekend and started to whisper lyrics from "Heresy" in the intro to one of her songs. We need a collaboration ASAP.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    St. Vincent performed at Coachella this past weekend and started to whisper lyrics from "Heresy" in the intro to one of her songs. We need a collaboration ASAP.

Said this often. She has to be the next NIN guitar player. She has a lot of common with Trent. On her last album she has a lot of TR related sounds.
    Great artist.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I remember watching an interview of St.Vincent about a year ago where she discussed geeking out to buying some gear from Trent, I believe on ebay. I think she said she exchanged emails with him too. A collab would be awesome.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Rob doing some talkin' on the Trying Times podcast (skip to 01:09:00 to get to the NIN talk):
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/03/...solation-tanks
    God damn this is the shittiest sounding podcast I’ve ever heard. Low volume, hard panning. So bad. Zero stars

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Said this often. She has to be the next NIN guitar player. She has a lot of common with Trent. On her last album she has a lot of TR related sounds.
    Great artist.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    That would be amazing. Annie can play piano and bass too so she's perfect for NIN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Rob doing some talkin' on the Trying Times podcast (skip to 01:09:00 to get to the NIN talk):
    http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2018/03/...solation-tanks
    Ugh, every time I’m reminded of that secret ARG show it bums me out. I was there when they handed out the AIR ammo kits and I didn’t get a cell phone

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nellyrific View Post
    Ugh, every time I’m reminded of that secret ARG show it bums me out. I was there when they handed out the AIR ammo kits and I didn’t get a cell phone
    I'm sure you'll find comfort in this quote from the Wired ARG article.

Quote Originally Posted by Wired Article
    Now that the album is out, the game has gone cold. "I don't know if the audience was ready for it to end," says Susan Bonds, the president of 42 Entertainment. "But we always expected to pick it up again." Reznor, after all, had conceived Year Zero as a two-part album. "Those phones are still out there," she adds. "The minutes have expired. But we could buy new minutes at any point."
    I'm sure someone out there is still charging theirs.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

NIN Spotting 2018

Quote Originally Posted by ekrekel View Post
    I'm sure you'll find comfort in this quote from the Wired ARG article.

I'm sure someone out there is still charging theirs.

That’s no comfort! I still don’t have a phone! But I’m intrigued

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk