Page 81 of 94 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,430 of 2810

Thread: The Muthafuckin' Sports Thread!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Russell Wilson traded. Stunned but not unhappy. He had turned into a diva. Gone to Denver where he'll be the 3rd or 4th best QB in AFC West.

yeah I saw this tweet and thought, "wait, who's driving and reading twitter?" but then I was reminded of the people who I usually see on the road.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post

yeah I saw this tweet and thought, "wait, who's driving and reading twitter?" but then I was reminded of the people who I usually see on the road.
    I'm old school. I heard it on AM radio whilst driving. No near wrecks, haha.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Losing Wilson literally fucked up my day. Yesterday the Batman and now this, FML

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    Losing Wilson literally fucked up my day. Yesterday the Batman and now this, FML

Now Bobby Wagner is out, too. I think there is some sort of larger plan in the works. Lot of talk about Deshaun Watson. I'd be good with that. Can you imagine Watson to DK Metcalf for several seasons? Could be epic.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Now Bobby Wagner is out, too. I think there is some sort of larger plan in the works. Lot of talk about Deshaun Watson. I'd be good with that. Can you imagine Watson to DK Metcalf for several seasons? Could be epic.
    yeah they are going full rebuild. I'm not sure they want a contract like watson if he still has a contract after raping every girl in Houstin. If they can get him for cheap than yeah that would probably best case scenario. IM a huge seahawks fan, lived in Seattle for 9 nine years of my life and go to a lot of their home games and go to see them play the 49ers when they come to the bay so this really bummed me out. we know this team isn't going to see the playoffs anytime soon.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    yeah they are going full rebuild. I'm not sure they want a contract like watson if he still has a contract after raping every girl in Houstin. If they can get him for cheap than yeah that would probably best case scenario. IM a huge seahawks fan, lived in Seattle for 9 nine years of my life and go to a lot of their home games and go to see them play the 49ers when they come to the bay so this really bummed me out. we know this team isn't going to see the playoffs anytime soon.
    I've been a fan since the team came into existence & live in Seattle, too. I think the Wilson move is a smart one. His ego exploded & he turned into a diva. He also has a messiah complex. Always has to go with the big play even if the chances for success are small. He was better as a game manager. That's what he was when they won the Super Bowl. That win was way more about the Legion of Boom & Beast Mode. People also tend to forget that while it was a bad play call, the Super Bowl loss was on Russ. He threw a horrible pass to end the game. I'm pretty sure the Hawks didn't want to pay him 50 million + a year in 2 years & better to trade him now than let him walk when the contract ends. The Hawks got a huge haul of assets for him.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tyler Lockett on the trading block now as well. Welcome back to the 80's Seahawks fans!

Also, AR12 is re-upping to retire with the Packers. GIVES US A FEW MORE CRACKS AT ANOTHER RING, LET'S FUCKIN' GOOOOOOOOO

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Oh man, seems my Seahawks are going from bad to worse, in a way i'm happy for Wilson, because the guy wanted out for a long time, but i can see why rooting for the hawks is for masochists only...
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-11-2022 at 11:01 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yay! MLB & MLBPA came to an agreement! Baseball is back!

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Tyler Lockett on the trading block now as well. Welcome back to the 80's Seahawks fans!

Also, AR12 is re-upping to retire with the Packers. GIVES US A FEW MORE CRACKS AT ANOTHER RING, LET'S FUCKIN' GOOOOOOOOO
    Haven't heard anything about Lockett being traded in town (Seattle).

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Oh man, seems my Seahawks are going from bad to worse, i a way i'm happy for Wilson, because the guy wanted out for a long time, but i can see why rooting for the hawks is for masochists only...
    I can see why the team didn't want to spend 35 million a year on someone who didn't want to be here. & you know when Rodgers gets his 50 million a year Wilson is going to want that. I don't think he's worth that much. Just read an article from the Athletic that had some stuff about team mates saying Wilson had checked out regarding the Seahawks last season. & it showed at times. This was the right move for the team to make rather than lose him for nothing in 2 years. I think the Hawks have a larger plan that we haven't seen all of yet. It's not any more hopeless than moving forward with Wilson eating 25% of the salary cap. Personally, I think Wilson has peaked with his best days behind him. Will be interesting to see how he fairs in the AFC West. He's arguably the third best QB in the division & I wouldn't count Derek Carr out.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I can see why the team didn't want to spend 35 million a year on someone who didn't want to be here. & you know when Rodgers gets his 50 million a year Wilson is going to want that. I don't think he's worth that much. Just read an article from the Athletic that had some stuff about team mates saying Wilson had checked out regarding the Seahawks last season. & it showed at times. This was the right move for the team to make rather than lose him for nothing in 2 years. I think the Hawks have a larger plan that we haven't seen all of yet. It's not any more hopeless than moving forward with Wilson eating 25% of the salary cap. Personally, I think Wilson has peaked with his best days behind him. Will be interesting to see how he fairs in the AFC West. He's arguably the third best QB in the division & I wouldn't count Derek Carr out.
    I hope the draft picks are a breath of fresh air for the team, i think it was a good move, because Wilson wanted out and he wouldn't be playing on his level anymore (nor would he care to...), i also think his best days are done, he'll probably retire in Denver (with a couple of mediocre seasons).

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope the draft picks are a breath of fresh air for the team, i think it was a good move, because Wilson wanted out and he wouldn't be playing on his level anymore (nor would he care to...), i also think his best days are done, he'll probably retire in Denver (with a couple of mediocre seasons).

I don’t know I think they have a great chance of winning a super bowl there. They have one of the best defense in the league, a great receiver core and a good offensive line and now a top 5 QB and the very best deep passing QB in the league .I see them right there with chiefs, bills and bengles. I think Wilson just didn’t play well at the end of the season because he was dealing with that hand injury still.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

I wonder if the dude that paid $518k for his "final" TD ball at auction yesterday can get his money back. LOL

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    So last weekend was the Minnesota State High School Boys' Hockey tournament. And with that tournament comes hockey hair. And with the hockey hair we get the annual All Hockey Hair Team.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I started expanding my signed baseball collection during the lockout. Had to have a special custom display made for these four. Hopefully pretty soon I'll buy a big display case for all of the rest of my signed baseballs as well.

In case you can't tell, the players are Ted Williams, Dom DiMaggio, Bobby Doerr, and Johnny Pesky. The four of them all played for the Red Sox in the 40s and remained friends until the day they died. Hopefully you know who at least some of these players are, but just in case I'll tell you a bit about them. Ted Williams you should all know. The greatest hitter that ever lived. Member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The last player to ever hit over .400 for the season (he hit .406 in 1941). Dom DiMaggio isn't in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, but he is in the Red Sox Hall of Fame. I'm sure you're all familiar with his more famous older brother. Bobby Doerr is another member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Johnny Pesky is a particularly special person to Red Sox fans. Between playing, coaching, and many other roles, he worked with the Red Sox for a total of 61 years until the day he died. The right field foul pole is named after him.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    I started expanding my signed baseball collection during the lockout. Had to have a special custom display made for these four. Hopefully pretty soon I'll buy a big display case for all of the rest of my signed baseballs as well.

In case you can't tell, the players are Ted Williams, Dom DiMaggio, Bobby Doerr, and Johnny Pesky. The four of them all played for the Red Sox in the 40s and remained friends until the day they died. Hopefully you know who at least some of these players are, but just in case I'll tell you a bit about them. Ted Williams you should all know. The greatest hitter that ever lived. Member of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The last player to ever hit over .400 for the season (he hit .406 in 1941). Dom DiMaggio isn't in the National Baseball Hall of Fame, but he is in the Red Sox Hall of Fame. I'm sure you're all familiar with his more famous older brother. Bobby Doerr is another member of the National Baseball Hall of Fame. Johnny Pesky is a particularly special person to Red Sox fans. Between playing, coaching, and many other roles, he worked with the Red Sox for a total of 61 years until the day he died. The right field foul pole is named after him.
    Cool. I have a signed Edgar Martinez ball. Not quite in your class but nice. Also, a signed Ray Allen jersey from when he played for the Sonics. + a real lot of music stuff from having been in the biz.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Getting some serious 2011 vibes from this Dallas Mavericks team. Doubt they win the chip this year, but they’re gonna be a tough matchup for whoever they play.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Urban Meyer's NFL debacle: New details show that ex-Jaguars coach was a total disaster in Jacksonville

Meyer's tenure in Jacksonville was actually worse than anyone originally thought

By John Breech
    17 hrs ago4 min read

Getty Images
    For most new NFL coaches, it's not easy to get fired before you even finish your first year on the job, but that's exactly what happened to Urban Meyer in 2021. The former Jaguars coach was canned in December after compiling just a 2-11 record in his first season.
    Based on the information that has come out over the past few months, it's pretty clear that Meyer's stint in Jacksonville was basically a disaster from start to finish. As it turns out, his time with the Jaguars might have actually been worse than anyone originally thought.
    A story published by The Athletic on Monday painted an ugly picture of Meyer's 11 months in north Florida and a lot of that picture was painted by former Jaguars receiver D.J. Chark, who decided to go on the record while talking about his former coach.
    "The way he was running the ship, it was impossible to succeed," Chark told The Athletic.

So what exactly did Meyer do wrong? Well, grab a chair and get comfortable, because you could be here for awhile.
    For one, Meyer had no idea how to make his players better by putting them in a position to succeed.
    "He told us from day one that he was going to maximize our value," Chark said. "And I truly can't tell you one player that maximized their value on the Jags this year."

Chark can personally attest to that. The receiver broke his finger in training camp after Meyer forced him to do extra reps during a round of live contact drills. The ensuing surgery caused Chark to miss the entire preseason.
    With Meyer unable to get the most out of his players, the one person who seemed to be hurt the most by this was Trevor Lawrence. The top overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft had an ugly rookie year, and according to Chark, that was mostly Meyer's fault.
    "Trevor is a great quarterback," Chark said. "He was not put in good positions."
    Meyer ran an operation based on fear, which might have worked for him in college, but the strategy was an utter disaster in the NFL.

"He feels like threats are what motivates," Chark said. "I know he would come up to us and tell us if the receivers weren't doing good, he wasn't going to fire us, he was going to fire our coach. He would usually say that when the coach was around."
    According to the Athletic, Meyer once threatened to cut a guy for making a mistake in a preseason game.
    Although Meyer wasn't very good at coaching at the NFL level, one thing he did excel at was placing the blame on others.

"I feel like he put us in very bad positions and, when the questions came, he deferred the responsibility, which made it look like we were just out there being the worst team in the league," Chark said. "But we weren't put in position (to succeed)."
    One notable example of this came in December when Meyer through running backs coach Bernie Parmalee for a debacle involving James Robinson. After a fumble in the opening quarter of a 37-7 loss to the Rams in Week 13, Meyer called for Robinson to be benched. However, the coach then forced Robinson to go back in the game in the fourth quarter with the Jags TRAILING by 30. Benching a player is one thing, but forcing him to go back in for the final few plays of a blowout is misguided at best and callous at worst.
    Meyer took zero responsibility for the incident. Lawrence put Meyer on blast after the game and said that Robinson is a player who needs to be playing.

The incident with Robinson came just a few weeks after Meyer made headlines when he skipped a plane ride home from a game in Cincinnati so that he could go hang out with his family in Columbus, Ohio. Although Meyer likely did spend time with his family, he was also caught on camera in a compromising position with someone who wasn't his wife. The former Jags coach was forced to apologize to his team just days after the incident.
    Meyer also routinely belittled and made fun of his players in practice. After John Brown dropped a pass in practice one time, Meyer decided to make fun of him.
    "Hey, Trevor, you've got to slow it down for him," Meyer allegedly said, according to The Athletic. "These boys from the South, their transcripts ain't right."

At one point during his tenure, Meyer apparently belittled a player to the point that the player cried.
    During his short time with the Jaguars, Meyer was also accused of kicking Josh Lambo in the leg and telling him to "make his f---ing kicks" just before a preseason game in August.
    The story from the Athletic also alleges that Meyer was "unfamiliar with star players around the league, including 49ers receiver Deebo Samuel, Seahawks safety Jamal Adams and Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald.

Things got so bad in Jacksonville that one staffer called it, "The most toxic environment I've ever been a part of," according to the Athletic. And that's likely going to be Meyer's legacy in the NFL.
    For a full timeline on Meyer's disastrous time with the Jaguars, be sure to click here.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So howbout those DALLAS MAVS?!

2-1 vs the Jazz, with back to back wins, and with NO LUKA. And these betting sites had us losing WITH Luka.

I honestly think this is a GREAT thing for this ball team: they're SO used to being carried by Luka Doncic.
    But now, we're raining 3s from the damn BENCH, and Brunson scored 41 points ffs.

All these guys had to figure out how to win without their Michael Jordan, and I haven't seen most of these guys play with this degree of confidence since we GOT Luka.

Of course, I've got to temper my expectations: this IS a modern Dallas team, and we're known to royally and rapidly fuck up post seasons wherein we were supposed to go all the way.

But we've been in a transitional phase for about three years, and I honestly think it's happening.
    I believe we can beat any team in this league in a series as long as we're firing on all cylinders.

And this newfound confidence should cause such firing to occur far more often.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-23-2022 at 06:58 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So howbout those DALLAS MAVS?!

2-1 vs the Jazz, with back to back wins, and with NO LUKA. And these betting sites had us losing WITH Luka.

I honestly think this is a GREAT thing for this ball team: they're SO used to being carried by Luka Doncic.
    But now, we're raining 3s from the damn BENCH, and Brunson scored 41 points ffs.

All these guys had to figure out how to win without their Michael Jordan, and I haven't seen most of these guys play with this degree of confidence since we GOT Luka.

Of course, I've got to temper my expectations: this IS a modern Dallas team, and we're known to royally and rapidly fuck up post seasons wherein we were supposed to go all the way.

But we've been in a transitional phase for about three years, and I honestly think it's happening.
    I believe we can beat any team in this league in a series as long as we're firing on all cylinders.

And this newfound confidence should cause such firing to occur far more often.
    Things get uglier next round.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Forgot to share this. I mentioned in my post above with the signed Ted Williams, Dom DiMaggio, Bobby Doerr, and Johnny Pesky baseballs that I was planning to buy a big display case for the rest of my signed Red Sox baseball collection, and I finally did. There's still four open spots that I'm sure will eventually get filled. If you click the image it should bring you to one where I labeled the balls since most of them you'd have no idea who signed them otherwise.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Things get uglier next round.
    Next round?
    Don't forget, this is the team that, led by Coach of the Year Avery Johnson, took a 4 seed to the finals, where they went 2-0 against Miami...and then lost four straight games, setting some sort of grim record in the process...like 3rd team to blow a 2-0 finals lead?

Not to be outdone, the 06 roster and MVP Dirk Nowitzki took us to the number ONE seed for the post season, where we were the safe bet to win the finals...but instead, made NBA history by losing to the 8th place Warriors.

This is Dallas. I wouldn't be surprised if Luka comes back today, and then Utah wins the next three

Like I said, I'm tempering my expectations.

In all seriousness, though, these guys can't defend us at the perimeter. And they know it. I think they're scared.

And we're a young team. Winning this one round would actually be enough for me.
    On the OTHER hand, if we DON'T win it, well...yeah. I'm afraid their may be some big ass changes.
    This is kind of a must-win series, imho.

I DO think that if we manage to win the next two against Utah, though, we'll have a fighting chance against the Suns. No, we didn't beat them this season, but Kristap Porzingis' big goofy giant Nazi looking ass was in everybody's way.

Edit: ACTUALLY, Also, GO PELICANS. Who dat said they gonna beat them Pelicans? ; )
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-23-2022 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Next round?
    Don't forget, this is the team that, led by Coach of the Year Avery Johnson, took a 4 seed to the finals, where they went 2-0 against Miami...and then lost four straight games, setting some sort of grim record in the process...like 3rd team to blow a 2-0 finals lead?

Not to be outdone, the 06 roster and MVP Dirk Nowitzki took us to the number ONE seed for the post season, where we were the safe bet to win the finals...but instead, made NBA history by losing to the 8th place Warriors.

This is Dallas. I wouldn't be surprised if Luka comes back today, and then Utah wins the next three

Like I said, I'm tempering my expectations.

In all seriousness, though, these guys can't defend us at the perimeter. And they know it. I think they're scared.

And we're a young team. Winning this one round would actually be enough for me.
    On the OTHER hand, if we DON'T win it, well...yeah. I'm afraid their may be some big ass changes.
    This is kind of a must-win series, imho.

I DO think that if we manage to win the next two against Utah, though, we'll have a fighting chance against the Suns. No, we didn't beat them this season, but Kristap Porzingis' big goofy giant Nazi looking ass was in everybody's way.

Edit: ACTUALLY, Also, GO PELICANS. Who dat said they gonna beat them Pelicans? ; )
    Stephen A Smith called the Jazz "the Cowboys of the NBA" haha.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    ^^^ and rightfully so hahaa.

There was always something about Dallas that intrigued me and found myself watching them all the time besides my Lakers (What a dreadful season) and I for sure am rooting for them because they need to at least win a series after being bounced out of the first round twice by the damn Flippers. When I saw Luka push off that leg and wince when he hurt his calf, I was screaming at the television "NOOOO WHY NOW."

A lot of physical battles going on during the playoffs and I hate to see any player go down. Warriors have a new death lineup, Jordan Poole is becoming a more athletic Steph Curry right before our eyes, and the Timberwolves series is theirs to lose. I cannot stand Ja Morant (Even though he is coming into his superstar status) there is a difference between being confident and cocky, so it is hilarious to me that he talks all this shit for a team that hadn't been relevant almost, ever. Win a few series and maybe a chip before you start taking on the entire league.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If booker is out a couple weeks and Dallas takes care of business in Utah, Dallas has a path to the WCF. Dallas is doing really really well against Utah, and Luka hasn’t even stepped in the court yet. Dirk’s first playoff series win was against Utah also, so there could be another interesting parallel.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Miguel Cabrera recorded his 3000th career hit this afternoon. Only the 33rd player in MLB history to do that. And he's only the 7th player in history to have 3000+ hits and 500+ homeruns. So cool to see.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Stephen A Smith called the Jazz "the Cowboys of the NBA" haha.
    I'll tell you though.

DALLAS is kind of the "Cowboys of the NBA," too.

That's why i used to be a big LAL fan, too, @Self.Destructive.Pattern , especially in the playoffs. Whenever we'd lose to San Antonio or Houston or Sacramento or whatever, in the 00s, it was Lakers all the way.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    I'll tell you though.

DALLAS is kind of the "Cowboys of the NBA," too.

That's why i used to be a big LAL fan, too, @Self.Destructive.Pattern , especially in the playoffs. Whenever we'd lose to San Antonio or Houston or Sacramento or whatever, in the 00s, it was Lakers all the way.
    Luka is playing today, wasn't expecting that!

About LA, I've been a fan since I first saw Magic Johnson play, and it was all over after that! My mom is a Knicks fan but now leans a bit towards LA, hahaa. I miss those early 00's days so much!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    All you guys in here talking about Dallas. Try being a Charlotte Hornets fan. I pretty sure they're not even aware that there is a playoffs after the season. I'd love to have had a Dirk and to have taken LBJ's soul in the 2011 finals. Never have I seen a superstar as frozen as the Mavs had him that series.