Page 45 of 48 FirstFirst ... 35 43 44 45 46 47 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1438

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Isn't V4 supposed to contain the previous ones? So it's not complete?

In other news, I downloaded both video and audio! Seeding time.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    I've finally grabbed all of the V4 audio torrent and I'm seeding it now.

(The v2 torrent had 1,483 files that are not in the V4 one: I think they are almost all cases where the taper was unknown and is now known so got renamed. IF anyone is curious the list is here: https://phobos.redmars.org/diff_ninlive_v2_v4.txt ; those files totalled about 32G. I've still got them too.)

Years ago I suggested to Ryan mirroring ninlive onto archive.org's Live Music Archive. At the time he wasn't too keen, but I think that its time to revisit that, so it's my plan to get the archive uploaded there.

I haven't tried grabbing the video torrent yet, I may or may not do so (got to try and avoid biting off more than I can chew)
    I don't think @ninlive is keen on it now (still). I sent him an email about it & he had some valid reasons. I won't speak for him as to what they are. The archive is his baby, so totally his choice. I'm just grateful for all the time, effort & expense he has put into it & that I was able to grab what I have. Hopefully he'll find a solution by the time the band starts playing live again.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    What was the reason for hesitation? I'm not aware of any particulars, but I have always wondered why uploading to Archive as well was never the case as it always seemed like a no-brainer.
    The Live Music Archive will only accept uploads from bands that have given permission. Trent cannot give explicit permission for various rights related reasons.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Trent cannot give explicit permission for various rights related reasons.
    So that's it. I'd known that artist permission was required, but I had no clue there were legal issues that even prevented him from doing so. Thanks.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Ah. The LMA rules (inherited I think from the etree days? I’m surprised they’re still present, since archive.org are quite a lot more permissive for other media types) weren’t amongst the objection’s Ryan expressed to me years back, but are probably insurmountable. So I guess seeding the torrents is basically the best strategy for now.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have been extremely busy the last few weeks. So I am finally getting caught up on some things.

I've just caught up on the news and learned of the troubles. I'm going to jump on seeding the torrent asap. First I'm checking how much of the data I already have: I've been seeding the V2 torrent for a while, but I can't just lay the new one over the top of the old one since the root folder name has changed ("NIN Drive" → "1 - NIN Drive") and perhaps other structural changes too. Putting my complete V2 Drive data in a safe place before I fire up the new one. Thanks for all your work!

Edit: that was worth it: v2 covers 62% of the latest torrent content.
    I've finally grabbed all of the V4 audio torrent and I'm seeding it now.

(The v2 torrent had 1,483 files that are not in the V4 one: I think they are almost all cases where the taper was unknown and is now known so got renamed. IF anyone is curious the list is here: https://phobos.redmars.org/diff_ninlive_v2_v4.txt ; those files totalled about 32G. I've still got them too.)

Years ago I suggested to Ryan mirroring ninlive onto archive.org's Live Music Archive. At the time he wasn't too keen, but I think that its time to revisit that, so it's my plan to get the archive uploaded there.

I haven't tried grabbing the video torrent yet, I may or may not do so (got to try and avoid biting off more than I can chew)
    Ah. The LMA rules (inherited I think from the etree days? I’m surprised they’re still present, since archive.org are quite a lot more permissive for other media types) weren’t amongst the objection’s Ryan expressed to me years back, but are probably insurmountable. So I guess seeding the torrents is basically the best strategy for now.
    v2 was released in 2014, so there is a lot of stuff added since then. v3 was released in 2019. Yes, I have made changes to the directory to help me out with my local drive. So I know it messed a lot of people up. Those 1,483 files may have been modified or deleted - you can see the reasons why in the log file I use to catalog any change/addition/modification to the drive on my end.

TheBang is correct with his explanation. But yes, there are some selfish reasons why I want to continue to work on it. I have been working on this site, updating it, gathering sources, tagging every file, transferring tapes - since 2008. Sure, I have had a lot of help gathering sources but I have thousands of hours invested in working on this project, following leads, looking at old emails/forums/bulletins etc. Not to mention compiling the drives too. This is my hobby. I do it because I love working on it and interacting with others about my passion of archiving a band's concert history. If I couldn't work on this anymore, I'd be gutted. It is so much a part of who I am. That might sound sad, but I really love working on it. Going to archive means I cannot curate it anymore. Everything you see on ninlive is all I have. I'm out of sources at the moment, tbh. I'm confident it's pretty much everything that is out there right now. I've had some success finding uncirculated tapes and creating an online presence for ninlive is the best way to get these. Maybe once TR is ready to hang it up touring, I'll be able to move it over... I am aware that this needs to stay documented and preserved.

I'm committed to finding a solution to get it back online. Obviously, it will take some time.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Isn't V4 supposed to contain the previous ones? So it's not complete?

In other news, I downloaded both video and audio! Seeding time.
    v4.0 includes everything. Some recordings have been deleted/modified/upgraded as I have found new sources, better generations of tapes, new info for recordings (IE Taper, equipment, lineage etc), or mislabels.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get it, what made the host disable the downloads all of a sudden? As long as you pay the hosting and there isn't anything copyrighted, they should not care.
    Any plans to switch to anything else? Surely some other options would not have this problem.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by andreiuc88 View Post
    I don't get it, what made the host disable the downloads all of a sudden? As long as you pay the hosting and there isn't anything copyrighted, they should not care.
    Any plans to switch to anything else? Surely some other options would not have this problem.
    I’ve talked about this on the site and Twitter but here is the situation.

I got an email from my host that the directory, (/download) was being used as a repository for files/backup. I have been with them since 2010 and their terms of service states that you cannot host files on their servers that act as a backup. Which I didn’t. Every single file was sourced to the website’s html pages. Which is one of the terms they stated. Also we had implemented “no hot linking” for any downloads in that directory. So users had to visit the physical site to grab files. It ticked all of the boxes for Dreamhost. I have emails from them back then that said all was good.

The site is on a shared server. It started small-ish, at 500GB. But it has grown immensely in the last 10 years to almost 2TB. Last year, the site hit the max on the server and I also had to get an Amazon S3 service. Which is just expensive if I added everything to it with the amount of downloads are done. We had pleaded our case. But ultimately, even though they are in the formal stipulations of their ToS, they can do whatever they want. They see the site as a backup and taking up server space for other users/sites. Funny thing is the guy who was overlooking it was a NIN fan and was sad to have this happen….

TLDR: hosting services Terms of Service can be changed to whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    TLDR: hosting services Terms of Service can be changed to whatever.
    This sucks. You shouldn't give them a penny anymore. Stands true for a lot of services and companies that have shady practices. Other wise they will just do whatever they want whenever they want it with no explanation.
    Hope this gets sorted somehow, on some other host. Love what you are doing!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have uploaded a new uncirculated DAT master from the 12/09/1994 New York, MSG show. Just amazing to surface so many recordings the past few years from 1990-1994.

This is available for download on the archive with the other server if you do want it: https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19941209.html

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I have uploaded a new uncirculated DAT master from the 05/14/1994 New York, Roseland Ballroom show. Just amazing to surface so many recordings the past few years from 1990-1994.

This is available for download on the archive with the other server if you do want it: https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19940514.html

Then... There is this person on Reddit who recorded Detroit AND Cleveland 1990. Both recordings are uncirculated. I am hoping they respond so I can add them to the archive and/or transfer them myself. https://www.reddit.com/r/nin/comment...eb2x&context=3

I am thankfully on vacation this coming week. I've been working like 60 hours at the hospital the last few months. Hoping to work on my coding skills in this time to work on the archive and update it for the 2020's. Wish me luck.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    The last sentence of the post seems to indicate that they did NOT record Cleveland.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    The last sentence of the post seems to indicate that they did NOT record Cleveland.
    My mistake. You're right. But who knows.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Either way, hopefully they respond! Pretty cool to know that there are still unknown recordings out there from that long ago.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    Either way, hopefully they respond! Pretty cool to know that there are still unknown recordings out there from that long ago.
    With every day that goes by and when I find out that people have recordings from the early 90's. I know there are more recordings out there. It's just a matter of time and the exposure that the archive can bring is of most importance. It's not for likes or follows. It's only for me wanting to find sources.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I have uploaded a new uncirculated DAT master from the 12/09/1994 New York, MSG show. Just amazing to surface so many recordings the past few years from 1990-1994.

This is available for download on the archive with the other server if you do want it: https://ninlive.com/shows/1994/19941209.html
    Thank you!

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The 07/28/1990 St. Andrew's Hall tape is now up on the archive for download! So cool to listen to this tape this morning!

https://ninlive.com/shows/1990/19900728.html

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    The 07/28/1990 St. Andrew's Hall tape is now up on the archive for download! So cool to listen to this tape this morning!

https://ninlive.com/shows/1990/19900728.html
    Thanks again!!!!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just stumbled across this video purely by chance

Nine Inch Nails and LeSSON sEVEN - Head like a Hole - LIVE Dallas 1990/1991

Description:

LeSSON sEVEN toured with Nine Inch Nails (NIN) in 1990 and 1991 on various parts of the HATE tours as an opening act in support of NIN's first record.

For the homecoming show in Dallas NIN brought LeSSON sEVEN up as guests to perform 'Head like a Hole '

LeSSON sEVEN featured: scott crow (vocals, keyboards), David Starfire (guitar, bass, keyboards) and Wynne Martin (keyboards).
    NIN featured: Trent (vox, guitar), Richard Patrick (guitars) who later formed Filter, and Chris Vrenna, (drums) who later drummed for LeSSON sEVEN for a couple of Dallas shows while on hiatus from NIN in 1992 before rejoining Trent for the next record.

Filmed by Ron Stanley at the Video bar in Deep Ellum
    Dallas Texas 1991.
    The audio is terrible.

Based on this description, The Video Bar and Deep Ellum Live (location of 1991 Sin tour show) is the same venue in Dallas?

It looks like it's the same show as commonly circulating Video Bar Dallas 1990, but it's only one angle (while the better known version is the mix of two angles including this one). It also gives some better view of extra people on stage which were never mentioned in this show's description in the past. Looks like the uploader is Scott Crow himself.
    @ninlive @TheBang @CAMEO172
    Last edited by fillow; 02-18-2022 at 03:06 AM.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Very cool @fillow !! I’ll follow up to try and contact them. I still have to get the master tape of the Dallas show uploaded!

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Nice find!

Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Based on this description, The Video Bar and Deep Ellum Live (location of 1991 Sin tour show) is the same venue in Dallas
    Deep Ellum is a neighborhood within Dallas. Apparently where the Video Bar was. Deep Ellum Live was a different venue.

HiH has some confirmed appearances of Lesson Seven:
    https://happinessinheresy.com/nine-i.../lesson-seven/

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Found the error in the archive

Source 1 from May 03, 2000, Providence, RI, Providence Civic Center
    and
    Source 1 from May 30, 2000, Omaha, NE, Omaha Civic Center

is exactly the same recording. Setlist, banter and screamers match perfectly. The obvious giveaway is a dude screaming 'Reptile!' at the beginning of Starfuckers.

May 03 audio comes from silver CD, while the May 30 has no info available (no gear/lineage/taper) which probably means May 3 is correct date and May 30 has no known sources, unfortunately.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Found the error in the archive

Source 1 from May 03, 2000, Providence, RI, Providence Civic Center
    The link on the webpage also links to the wrong recording (it's linked to a recording of June 7th). I had to grab a copy of it from the torrent.

May 03 audio comes from silver CD, while the May 30 has no info available (no gear/lineage/taper) which probably means May 3 is correct date and May 30 has no known sources, unfortunately.
    The audio recording also matches the banters in the May 03 video, so yes, I agree all the recordings are from May 03.

Also, the info file included with the video has the wrong date and "unknown venue" listed in it. That should be corrected.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Today's find:

(Embed won't play here, apparently, so click on the button above to go to Vimeo)

Proshot of Head Like a Hole from 1999 Fragility 1.0 tour, which upon closer inspection turns out to be a full edit of the video used in Fragility 1.0 Special (where the song was cut and only started from the second verse). And it's in 4K (which means it's definitely upscaled, but a job well done IMO)
    Last edited by fillow; 03-19-2022 at 03:21 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Oh shit! I sent Mr. Broadley a message when I discovered his demo reel edit version had a clear shot of me in the crowd, but never heard back. This is AWESOME!

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    @ninlive , I noticed you have my original videos up from the Sydney power outage show from 2009. Since they are there, would you want me to send you the clips I have from 2005 and 2007 in Sydney? They were recorded on a crappy Nikon camera, though the one from 2007 was my original recording of the “steal it” speech that went viral, and I recorded video footage of the live debut of The Good Soldier if they would be of any interest? If they are I’ll dig them out and upload the raw files if you like.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Found another error in the archive....

Source 1 from August 13, 2007, Prague, Czech Republic, Slavia Zimni Sdion (mp3-sourced recording by Fikus) is in fact the same recording as source 1 from the previous day (August 12, 2007, Bratislava, Slovakia, Incheba Hall). The correct location is Bratislava, as TR thanks the opening band Noisecut, and the banter match with comments from old ETS tour journal (page opens through web archive).

The other two sources from Prague match with each other and their dates are correct.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Another mistake that was up there for quite a while...
    I think it's well established that 2000 Big Day Out phoshot footage comes from Sydney 26-Jan? Yet, and old VHS rip version of it has been listed on Gold Coast page for years https://ninlive.com/shows/2000/20000123.html

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    @fillow Thank you for going through and finding the errors that are on the archive. I know I have not gone through them yet and fixed them. But I have made note of them and I hope to do it this weekend with some free time. I truly appreciate it and am grateful you are sifting through the mess. Life is funny, you seem to have less and less time for your hobbies as you get older.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone every worked out which show (and subsequent ones) are being referenced in this interview with Billy Howerdel?

"I don't know if I ever told this [story] publicly - I was a guitar tech for many years for other bands, and Nine Inch Nails was one of them; so I worked for Trent Reznor.

"On 'The Downward Spiral' tour - I think it was 1994 or 1995 - there was a part in the show where things got crazy and broken, and the screen came down. We had some time before the next song started, but not much, and there was a digital clock over there, and I could see the countdown.

"So I came out with a guitar to give to Trent, but he's lying on the floor, bleeding, because he just destroyed a bunch of keyboards, and I think he had knocked himself in the head.

"I was like, 'Alright, we've got 40 seconds, let's go.' Then it counted down to 20 seconds and then I said, '12 seconds, come on, let's go. Do you want me to play this or what?'

"Side story: I had always done all his sound checks, if he was busy or something like that, so I knew how to play the songs.

"I was kidding when I said that ['Do you want me to play this or what?'], but he kind of moaned, 'Yes...' So I stepped out into the spotlight and started the song 'Eraser.' I continued to play the rest of the song, and it was bizarre.

"I had that moment where I could hear the gasp of the stage manager on the side, thinking did I go crazy and knock Trent out, had delusions of grandeur and grabbed the guitar and went onstage.

"So I played the song that night, he [Trent] pulled me back in to sing the vocal with him at the end. We kept doing it, he said, 'Let's keep doing that.' We did that for the next week or so."

Would be pretty interested to check these out if there are recordings available.