Page 12 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) SPOILERS

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Shit Mirror joins the unedited Starfuckers Inc. and Right Where it Belongs in the "applause trilogy." Welcome home, Shit Mirror.

*applause*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Does anyone have a count of how many times Trent's "become/becoming something/someone new/different"? I feel like "Shit Mirror" makes it at least a dozen.
    He's a chameleon, that guy.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure this is my favorite nin sound since the fragile.
    And it hit me like Broken hit me when I was 12.
    Bravo, Trent!

This is SO FUCKING EXCITING.

It sounds like NIN, but in a totally new way.
    I expected that, but not to this degree.
    And, again, I just can't fucking BELIEVE that this is a band I've been listening to for 26 years!
    Last edited by elevenism; 06-18-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Mmmmm. . .my ear holes. . .
    Last edited by NIN64; 06-18-2018 at 02:25 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Listened to it once all the way through now, and I'm still processing it. I'm very positive on my initial hot take, but I think it's going to be an album that definitely rewards multiple listens and really paying attention. It's definitely the weirdest of the trilogy and has NIN doing a lot of new things. I feel like it's going to be a very divisive album, (my wife isn't too hot on it so far) so it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

By far one of the least "poppy" NIN albums, not as many traditional hooks, which I'm not saying is a bad thing at all. Just funny to compare it to something like Broken which was extremely harsh and industrial but still had something that got stuck in your head right away. Like I said, I think it'll take a bit for me to figure this one out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bringing back that vocal processing effect used at the end of Underneath It All, I see.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    God Breaks Down The Door is so much better when you're listening to the EP from front to back. I thought it was a strange song and really didn't connect with it but I feel like it's a completely different song in context of the EP.

I think Bad Witch has hands down, the best flow out of the three albums. Just finished my first spin and I think the whole is freaking awesome.

EDIT: 2nd listen is even better. This reminds me while I've been a fan for 24 years. Btw the instrumentals are brutal and sounds old-school but fresh at the same time. Trent & Atticus hit this one out of the park as far as I'm concerned.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 06-18-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just finished my first listen. Wow. End of a trilogy but almost feels like a new start, huge breath of fresh air for NIN. Might be one of the most experimental things they've released.

Over and Out has such a dreamy feel. Love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is my favorite nin sound since the fragile.
    And it hit me like Broken hit me when I was 12.
    Bravo, Trent!

This is SO FUCKING EXCITING.

It sounds like NIN, but in a totally new way.
    I expected that, but not to this degree.
    And, again, I just can't fucking BELIEVE that this is a band I've been listening to for 26 years!
    This is my experience with a lot of this trilogy. Though there were hints of a creative rebirth on HM for me, this trilogy is kind of a shock because I didn't really think he/they could hit me on that level anymore. And as good as NTAE and AV are, this album is on another level. I might as well be 12 years old right now, in a good way.

I don't usually care about this kind of thing but I hope they get some of their best reviews for this work. Not many bands keep pushing their own sound like this 30 years in. It sounds so vital to me.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I could only wait less than 40 minutes. That said, I find it amusing folks will complain about anything.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Can't find it anywhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    NTAE and especially BW prove Trent and co. are still very much capable of breaking new ground. While I enjoyed AV, there were [a few] moments that didn't feel nearly as fresh as the other two EPs. And here I thought they'd gotten comfortable. Happy to be proven wrong.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    These dudes. They really pulled off something special here. Atticus officially in NIN and co-writing has been a fantastic era so far. Hope it's not five years before we hear from them in this capacity again.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I don't think this trilogy wouldn't fit as a complete album with all the songs
    For me they´re 3 albums , but those albums are like a review for all those years, all those albums before, all those tours, all their friends and idols from youth
    I can't imagine a different order in the tracklist

Shit Mirror is fucking amazing , is a new classic

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh sweet we can debate again whether this album needed to be an album or if it could have stayed an EP. The irony of wanting everyone to hear it, while at the same time just releasing it on vinyl, while complying to Spotify's algorithm, while being artistically free.

Joking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This shit goes pretty damn hard. Should be even better with the Tetsuo Theme as the intro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    With charts being flooded with trap crap, rock music essentially dead and a few of the 90s biggest acts still kicking it, it's hard to find something THAT creatively daring by an established artist these days. Who continually goes against the grain. And still maintain that sonic identity.

Nine Inch Fucking Nails. I'm sitting grinning like a madman, growling like an angry toddler all with tears in my eyes. I haven't heard music this emotionally offensive in ages. NTAE and AV had traces of this, but seemed less focused, less to the point. BW does have the spiraling moments, to, but it also has "Ahead of ourselves".

Fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    i'm not from this world makes me happier than i've been in a long fucking time.

killer instrumental.

haters gonna hate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pigpen View Post
    Can't find it anywhere.
    I'm in the same shit-boat, Randy

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Lyrics embedded in the 24bit FLAC:

Shit Mirror:
    GOT A NEW FACE AND IT FEELS ALL RIGHT POWER AND STRENGTH AND APPETITE I EAT YOUR LOATHING HATE AND FEAR SHOULD PROBABLY STAY AWAY FROM HERE HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES WELL I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION I TRIED A BIT THEN I TRIED SOME MORE I LEFT HER ON THE BATHROOM FLOOR I THINK I KNEW WHEN IT CROSSED THE LINE I THINK I KNEW THE WHOLE GODDAMNED TIME HEY LOOK WHAT’S STARING BACK AT YOU CAUGHT REFLECTING IN YOUR EYES I’M BECOMING SOMETHING NEW IT’S GETTING HARD TO RECOGNIZE NEW WORLD NEW TIMES MUTATION
    FEELS ALL RIGHT

Ahead of Ourselves:
    EVERYTHING ALL FIGURED OUT LIKE IT WAS MEANT TO BE WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE (I CAN FEEL IT) WE’RE ON THE PRECIPICE CREATED US IN HIS IMAGE BETTER BE PROUD OF HIS WORK THAT IS IF HE EXISTED (NOT SO SURE ANYMORE) THAT IS IF HE EXISTED AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES AND WE JUST CAN’T HELP OURSELVES (I DON’T THINK THAT’S ME) OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? DID YOU EVER GET THAT FEELING? MAN I CAN’T SEEM TO SHAKE IT NOT QUITE AS CLEVER AS WE THINK WE ARE KNUCKLE DRAGGING ANIMAL WHEN WE COULD HAVE DONE ANYTHING WE WOUND UP BUILDING THIS WE DESERVE WITH ILLUSIONS OF ENLIGHTENMENT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT WITH OUR SNOUTS IN THE DIRT OBSOLETE INSIGNIFICANT ANTIQUATED IRRELEVANT CELEBRATION OF IGNORANCE WHY TRY CHANGE WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CAN’T? WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES WE GOT AHEAD OF OURSELVES

Play The Goddamned Part:

God Break Down The Door:
    GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR YOU WON’T FIND THE ANSWERS HERE NOT THE ONES YOU CAME LOOKING FOR GOD BREAK DOWN THE DOOR EVERYTHING ALL AT ONCE THERE AREN’T ANY ANSWERS HERE NO NO NOT ANYMORE WE ARE A TREACHEROUS PEOPLE AS NIGHT FALLS DOWN AGAIN IN THIS HOUSE OF DUST THE SHADES ARE DRAWN IN ALL OF THE THOUSANDS OF ROOMS WE SLEEP HYPNOTIZED FROM THE CENTER YES IN THIS NEW PLACE WE CALL HOME IS THERE ANYBODY BUT YOU SITTING IN THE DARK WONDERING IF YOU'LL REMOVE MY SKIN NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL REMOVE THE PAIN OR PUSH IT BACK IN MAYBE NOT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL THAT KIND OF THING JUST DOESN’T HAPPEN HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN AROUND HERE I DIDN’T THINK THAT COULD HAPPEN TO ME CAN YOU SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING PULL IT OUT, AND PUSH IT BACK SEE, I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE NOT ME AND I’VE COME TO BELIEVE THAT’S OK I KNOW WHO I AM YES, I BELIEVE I AM SLEEPING AFTER ALL

I'm Not From This World:
    I’M NOT FROM THIS WORLD NOT ANYMORE

Over and Out:
    TIME IS RUNNING OUT I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M WAITING FOR I THINK THIS KEEPS HAPPENING OVER AND OVER AGAIN FEEL LIKE I’VE BEEN HERE BEFORE OVER AND OVER AGAIN AM I REMEMBERING YOU CORRECTLY OVER AND OVER AGAIN I’VE ALWAYS BEEN 10 YEARS AHEAD OF YOU OVER AND OVER AGAIN

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Thank you so much @FULLMETAL

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    No privy to the proper links. But, reading all these positive reviews/posts, has me excited for June 22nd!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Just got this thing going on the HiFi. Crazy distorted and dense. Play the Goddamned Part...WOW.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)

Bad Witch LP, out June 22 (thread pt 3) - Album has leaked, SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    No privy to the proper links. But, reading all these positive reviews/posts, has me excited for June 22nd!
    I have a good feeling they will play 6/22 the entire BW album in that cozy London venue at the Meltdown Fest

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    Last edited by witte; 06-19-2018 at 09:45 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    This album is eerie as fuck. It’s that sax.

also hearing the 24-bit FLAC is wild. Never heard the xylophones in GBDTD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
    This album is eerie as fuck. It’s that sax.

also hearing the 24-bit FLAC is wild. Never heard the xylophones in GBDTD
    Y'all don't use headphones?

Also ... Over and Out is also a favorite. Three new favorite NIN tracks, 24 years in. What the fuck, Trent and Atticus?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    Y'all don't use headphones?

Also ... Over and Out is also a favorite. Three new favorite NIN tracks, 24 years in. What the fuck, Trent and Atticus?
    I don’t critically listen to things until I have the full album.

I just fired Bad Witch up on my electrostats for the first time for a critical listen and there’s so many layers.

I’m about to jam the whole trilogy on my Grados.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Is Coming View Post
    Yay!! It's been killing me not having people to talk about this with.
    I would have discussed it

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    So I don't think I'll ever be listening to I'm Not From This World in the dark

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    So I don't think I'll ever be listening to I'm Not From This World in the dark
    It’s like a soundtrack to a sci-fi horror flick