Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread: The DC Extended Universe Thread

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wonder Woman 1984 pictures are starting to be released.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    You guys can post the Steve Trevor one since the director of the film posted it on her Twitter account.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Also, reports swirling that Matt Reeves' Batman will be focusing on a younger version of Bruce Wayne.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Also, reports swirling that Matt Reeves' Batman will be focusing on a younger version of Bruce Wayne.
    Im confused as to how a new, younger Batman will pay into this universe? At this point I hope its just its own thing like the nolan trilogy. I can't wait for another origin story lol, we def haven't seen that enough for 'ol Bruce Wayne with Batman 89, BTAS, Batman Begins, and Snyder's take on his parents death in Batman v Superman.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, they're apparently doing the same kinda thing with The Joker. The Leto version is still planned, but later this year they're apparently starting a lower budget origin Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix starring, and Scorcese producing. Article here.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    There are a lot of news dumps happening right now with rumors and what-have-you and I'm sure it has to do with two official images and the title announcement of Wonder Woman 1984. What I've been able to preen out is - Walter Hamada, the new head of the DC Films, has taken over a shit show and is working on all of these projects in development to figure out what stays and what goes. I know we're talking about two Joker movies, Birds of Prey, Batgirl, New Gods, Suicide Squad 2, Blackhawks, Green Lantern Corps, Young Batman (apparently) and Flash to the Future - but Aquaman is in post, Shazam just started post, and WW84 just started filming.

I would not be surprised if one of the Leto Joker movie gets cut and SS2 goes away until they get BOP rolling since it has Harley Quinn in it. The rest? They're all in development with hardly any casting announcements.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I actually would not pay any attention to anything unless you see set photos or a trailer. These articles and coverage are just out of hand and worse on twitter. So what I take from the articles is that 2 movies are good to go and a third is currently shooting and someone reliable seems to have control over the whole thing. So exciting news.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    You guys can post the Steve Trevor one since the director of the film posted it on her Twitter account.

but...how is he alive?

also this looks awesome

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Could be the Martian Manhunter, but I doubt they'd pull something like that.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Honestly, I gave up on DC. It seems like these folks don't got a clue what the hell they're doing with this world and grasping at straws. They screwed the pooch and should either just give up on the whole Marvel type world continuity or just do a full reboot with some competent people in charge.

A Joker origin movie? Sorry, pass. A Leto gangsta Joker movie? Sorry, pass. A Harley Quinn movie? Pass. I could care less for an Aquaman movie or frigging Shazam. I guess Wonder Woman could be okay at its the one new DC movie they did decently, but I'm still not thrilled. They ran it all into the ground.

Just throw a f--kload of money at Nolan to continue his Batman. Give him anything he wants or give up already.
    Last edited by neorev; 06-14-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Aquaman is on the cover of the new EW magazine and hi-res pics are popping up.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    For some reason I begin to like the fact that Joaquin Phoenix is becomg the Joker. I think he can really pull off a good iteration of the character similar to what Nicholson did. Not my favorite Joker but heaps and bounds better than Leto. Then again I am way to used to Mark Hamill in the Arkham games and the animated series...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Robert DeNiro apparently in talks to appear in Phoenix's Joker movie as well.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    First look at Kristen Wiig as Cheetah from WW84.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    First look at Kristen Wiig as Cheetah from WW84.

bad link for me. I see nothing.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    ahh sorry mang.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Finally got to see Justice League as it premiered on HBO today and, holy shit, this movie is a fucking steaming pile of shit. Horrible CGI made me feel like I was back watching Saturday morning cartoon as a kid. This makes The Last Jedi look Oscar-worthy, yes, that's how bad it is. I don't know what made me cringe more, this movie or the Ghostbusters remake. It's just bad. Morons are boycotting Star Wars, jesus, please put that energy into boycotting these DC movies instead. Please.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    For what it's worth, they're apparently doing the same kinda thing with The Joker. The Leto version is still planned, but later this year they're apparently starting a lower budget origin Joker movie with Joaquin Phoenix starring, and Scorcese producing. Article here.
    It's official. Joaquin Phoenix is officially The Joker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So, let me get this straight. A man who's only a few years younger than Leto, but looks much closer to his age, is playing The Joker in an origins movie. Also, does Joker really need a definite origin story? Aside from him being a criminal who fell into a vat of chemicals (explaining little more than his appearance) additional details concerning his past, especially the details on what led him to become a criminal in the first place, are not necessary because his insanity leads him to change his story, creating his "multiple choice" past.

Also, an origin story will also likely produce what may appear to be a more sympathetic Joker, even though Joker really shouldn't be a sympathetic character. While bits of his characterization tend to differ among storylines and adaptations, most (modern) interpretations tend to agree that he is a sadistic psychopath who commits various atrocities for his own amusement, often needing little to no justification. He does things mainly because he simply feels like doing them. We don't really need a movie to explain that. DC should instead focus more on shedding its light on some heroes that haven't yet received much exposure in mainstream productions.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    The best part of these movies is that they will never be cannon. Neither marvel as Dc movies will eve compare to the greatness that comes off those pages.

The best hope for this movie is the amount of talent on and off screen that is apart of this film is exciting. The second best part of this thing is that if this is good, and Phoenix is amazing as the Joker, then you can kiss that fucking pathetic excuse that was Leto’s joker good bye.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    So Martin Scorsese has nothing to do with anymore? Or was he just a name drop to get people interested when he had no real involvement yet? He's not mention anywhere.

Personally, a Joker origin movie sounds stupid. This is like Ridley Scott's crap Alien prequels or Rob Zombie's Halloween. You're just going to ruin the mystique of an awesome villain. Sometimes knowing less is much more effective than knowing everything about a character.

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...ally-announced
    Last edited by neorev; 07-11-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Official Aquaman poster revealed. Was going to post this a couple hours ago, but ETS was down. Also, image is too large.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/07/...oster-revealed

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really want to see Aquaman but I don't know
    I really Feel angry with WB, they fucked up Justice League, They treated Zack Snyder in a fucking horrible way , I don't want to give my money anymore to those bastards

You changed the Tone for suicide squad, You cut BvS 30 fucking minutes, and then the crap of justice league, They used 3 fucking trailers, and suddenly the fucking movie is completely different...3 Fucking times Warner, You used the name of a person to do that shit...

But I really hope Wan change this and WB respect his work just for once in lifetime

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    The CW is making a Batwoman series, set in the Arrowverse.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The CW is making a Batwoman series, set in the Arrowverse.

Correction: It's another "We want to do a live-action Batman show, but DC executives won't let us use Batman himself" series. After doing a show focusing on an unrelated hero (Arrow) that happens to have some things in common with the Caped Crusader, as well as another network (Fox) doing a Batman "prequel" series (Gotham), doing a show focusing on a lesser-known member of the Bat-family that happens to have a similar enough name makes it clear that the CW still desperately wants to get around the lawyers to make a Batman show in all but name, because apparently DC only wants one of its absolute biggest moneymakers to be in movies (be it big-screen live-action films, or direct-to-video animated films) that are easier to cash in on. But yet, they seem to be okay with a movie Flash and a TV Flash (both Barry Allen, no less) being produced around the same time.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Joker - Oct 4, 2019

That's uhh.......rather soon.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    So Martin Scorsese has nothing to do with anymore? Or was he just a name drop to get people interested when he had no real involvement yet? He's not mention anywhere.
    For what it's worth, Emma Tillinger Koskoff, who was Scorsese's production assistant (and is now Production President of Scorsese's production company), is on as producer for the film. I believe I read somewhere that his schedule got too busy to continue working on this, so someone that high up in his camp taking his place is probably not a bad thing.

Personally, a Joker origin movie sounds stupid. This is like Ridley Scott's crap Alien prequels or Rob Zombie's Halloween. You're just going to ruin the mystique of an awesome villain. Sometimes knowing less is much more effective than knowing everything about a character.
    I think if the film follows his origin in "The Killing Joke" it could be pretty good—an unsuccessful comedian who ends up having a really bad day that results in losing his sanity. There's plenty that could be done with that, but I'm confident they have something great given Joaquin's excitement toward the script. Has he done anything recently that was bad? I can't think of anything...

Joker - Oct 4, 2019

That's uhh.......rather soon.
    Is it? The budget isn't very high, and that release is still well over a year from now.