Page 40 of 69 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 2042

Thread: How fucked was your day?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I’ve been getting migraines for 30 years and I’ve never had one where I DIDN’T have extreme light (and sound and smell) sensitivity; it’s REALLY typical with migraines. My Mom and Grandma got migraines, and both of them had light sensitivity. It’s called photophobia, I have it even when i am not suffering from a migraine. On the other hand, I worked next a woman who got constant terrible headaches and I talked her into finally going to the doctor; she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and went on meds and her headaches stopped immediately. FWIW.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-13-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I’ve been getting migraines for 30 years and I’ve never had one where I DIDN’T have extreme light (and sound and smell) sensitivity; it’s REALLY typical with migraines. My Mom and Grandma got migraines, and both of them had light sensitivity. It’s called photophobia, I have it even when i am not suffering from a migraine. On the other hand, I worked next a woman who got constant terrible headaches and I talked her into finally going to the doctor; she was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s and went on meds and her headaches stopped immediately. FWIW.
    i know the feeling i wasn't born with enough pigment in my eyes so i had a huge problem with lights of all kinds, was bad enough that i had to wear sunglasses indoors until 3rd grade. it eventually sorted itself out. but did help with a practice of meditation and visualization for pain management that i still use to this day. I hope you can find some peace.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i know the feeling i wasn't born with enough pigment in my eyes so i had a huge problem with lights of all kinds, was bad enough that i had to wear sunglasses indoors until 3rd grade. it eventually sorted itself out. but did help with a practice of meditation and visualization for pain management that i still use to this day. I hope you can find some peace.
    -Louie
    Thank you! ALL of the lights in my house have dimmers, the south side of my house has blackout blinds, and I can’t be on our boat without the Bimini (a sun shade for the open areas of the boat). We all have blue eyes, too, which I guess doesn’t help. And now my Mom has AMD and glaucoma, so whenever she’s here she needs BRIGHT lights to see. GAH.

At my office jobs, they’d remove a few fluorescent bulbs from each fixture in my area, I think of it as a disability and offices are really accommodating.

I’ve had to do trips to the ER for migraines and they really handle it well, they immediately adjust lighting so they aren’t shooting through my head.

I sometimes have to wear sunglasses in the supermarket, though, omg wtf.

Migraineurs (people who get migraines) have been determined to have “sensitive” brains. I didn’t know there was a name or reason for a lot of my symptoms for most of my life. I had “Alice in Wonderland” syndrome sporadically up until I was 6 years old.

http://www.migrainedisorders.org/wha...s-and-symptoms

FWIW, I tried weekly deep tissue massage therapy and I felt worse, not better.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-13-2017 at 02:23 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    MIGHTY FUCKED

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    again, some visualizations things that have helped going from sharp red to soft blue. starting with a square and adding as many more sides as you can. First fifteen tarot cards.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I hate migraines. I get them rarely but when I do I always go blind.

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...raine-basics#1

Oh and most of the time (thankfully not every time) I get pain that hits hard enough that it makes me vomit.

The only benefit I have is that I know what causes them about 90% of the time so as long as I avoid blue lights and flickering halogens I'm good.

Oh wait, it's Christmas you say?

Fuck.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I hate migraines. I get them rarely but when I do I always go blind.

https://www.webmd.com/migraines-head...raine-basics#1

Oh and most of the time (thankfully not every time) I get pain that hits hard enough that it makes me vomit.
    Last year, the vision in my left eye suddenly got SO blurry that I couldn’t see - even with my glasses - for nearly 48 hours. I messaged my ophthalmologist and she got me an emergency appointment with a “neurologist ophthalmologist” and he said it was related to my migraines. My own neurologist later disagreed, so I have no idea wtf it was. It sucked, though, lol.

I puked through migraines for about 15 years, then that part went away. I only vomit once in a while, now, not every single time. The vomiting ones were the ones that sent me to the ER, though. Which is the LAST place you wanna be with a migraine.

Christmas lights, thankfully, don’t bug me ... EXCEPT FOR THOSE BLINKING AND FLASHING ONES GAAAAAAHHHH FUCK OFF.
    Last edited by allegro; 12-13-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm post (insert man's name). He just doesn't know it yet. Moving on. Other fish in the sea.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    My uncle passed away today. He had a rare disease called IPF, but he'd just been transferred to the city where he'd be able to receive a lung transplant. Things were looking promising, he was doing well, considering he had a terminal illness, tests to determine eligibility and all of that had gone well. He was hopeful, and I'm really glad he was hopeful. My whole family was just him and my mom and me and he was in his sixties. If he'd been able to get the transplant he would have possibly had years and years ahead of him. My mom is down in Alabama and I'm in NYC (I offered to get on a plane) and I'm obviously in a really weird headspace right now because this is sudden. I consider myself so lucky to have gotten to grow up with him as an uncle and have him around, but this is so sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    My condolences.

My stepdad died of IPF, two days after Christmas in 2011.

Other people who’ve died from pulmonary fibrosis:

* Marlon Brando
    * Evel Knievel
    * Peter Benchley
    * Robert Goulet
    * Jerry Lewis

Every year, IPF kills just as many people as breast cancer. It’s the terminal illness nobody has ever heard of.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...169169026.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...causes-it.html
    Last edited by allegro; 12-25-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Yeah, damn @playwithfire . I'm sorry to hear that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I freaked when I opened a present from my sister-in-law. A large sweater and hoodie. I'm actually a medium.
    I may not be a skinny supermodel, but I'm not fat. I eat healthy and work out twice a day every day.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I freaked when I opened a present from my sister-in-law. A large sweater and hoodie. I'm actually a medium.
    I may not be a skinny supermodel, but I'm not fat. I eat healthy and work out twice a day every day.
    Shit, I usually get everyone large or xl, especially with hoodies.
    I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings. But I LIKE baggy clothes and kind of figure others do too (especially people who are around my age.)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Shit, I usually get everyone large or xl, especially with hoodies.
    I hope I haven't hurt anyone's feelings. But I LIKE baggy clothes and kind of figure others do too (especially people who are around my age.)
    i hate baggy clothes and, despite the fact that i've gained a fair amount of weight in the last couple years, i somehow still fit into small t-shirts/sweaters

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i hate baggy clothes and, despite the fact that i've gained a fair amount of weight in the last couple years, i somehow still fit into small t-shirts/sweaters
    you realize you are basically UNdoing something nice that I said, right? That, you know, a lot of people buy large as a default and the large hoodie likely wasn't meant to be a commentary on @Boots ' size?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    you realize you are basically UNdoing something nice that I said, right? That, you know, a lot of people buy large as a default and the large hoodie likely wasn't meant to be a commentary on @Boots ' size?
    i was just giving you a little anecdote as that issue relates to me. sorry!

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i was just giving you a little anecdote as that issue relates to me. sorry!
    it's all to the good; I didn't think you meant any harm.
    @Boots , consider this: I got @thelastdisciple a couple of shirts for xmas. I know he wears Large. But I ordered XL because I wanted it to survive multiple washings without shrinking too much, NOT because I think he's fat.
    You see what I mean?
    Last edited by elevenism; 12-30-2017 at 09:00 AM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i've been pushing my 71-year-old mom to adopt a pet. she lives alone in a huge house. she finally did last week, a 10-week-old kitten. she named her betty after my grandma. betty was okay and adjusting until tuesday when she had a seizure. by the sounds the little kitty was making, it was obviously painful. the seizures kept coming and within a few hours her little heart stopped. she died in my mom's lap.

i doubt she'll ever adopt again. my mom can't catch a goddamn break.
    Last edited by kel; 12-30-2017 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    dilly dilly

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    We came home from an NYE celebration in the small hours to find that our beloved ragdoll kitty, Percy, could no longer move his rear legs. My SO took him to an emergency vet; blood clot and saddle thrombosis.

He would never have regained the use of his legs. He was put to sleep this afternoon; I rejoined them in time to say goodbye.

He was almost ten years old.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    i've been pushing my 71-year-old mom to adopt a pet. she lives alone in a huge house. she finally did last week, a 10-week-old kitten. she named her betty after my grandma. betty was okay and adjusting until tuesday when she had a seizure. by the sounds the little kitty was making, it was obviously painful. the seizures kept coming and within a few hours her little heart stopped. she died in my mom's lap.

i doubt she'll ever adopt again. my mom can't catch a goddamn break.
    That is fucking horrible and I am so sorry

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    We came home from an NYE celebration in the small hours to find that our beloved ragdoll kitty, Percy, could no longer move his rear legs. My SO took him to an emergency vet; blood clot and saddle thrombosis.
    I’m so sorry, my condolences. You did the right thing, saddle thrombosis is horribly painful.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @kel @ Shadaloo

I am so sorry for your losses. My condolences to you both.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Took a long lunch break to meet a friend at a local wine bar. Got there, parking was crappy so I valeted my car. While I am sitting waiting for my friend to arrive, the valet (a young kid) runs in and asks me if I have a spare key to my car.

I told him no, then asked why I would ever need to have a spare key to my car on hand. He told me the key accidentally got locked in the car. I automatically asked him "is the car running?" to which he frowned and replied yes.

So here I am, my key locked in my running car, while it is blocking the valet dropoff and parkinglot. It stressed me way the hell out, to the point where my lunch wasnt as enjoyable as I wanted it to be. After about an hour, they got someone to come unlock it, and promptly parked it. They comped my lunch with my friend so not all was lost.

In retrospect, its pretty amusing, but things like that stress me out easily. Just thought I'd share a little story.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just ended another relationship. Moving on.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    had three miserable days in the hospital. was treated for sepsis, but the diagnosis was murky. i've never been that sick in my life. you know that feeling when you're about to throw up, but desperately fighting it? i felt like that for 50 hours. i wouldn't wish this upon anyone.
    Last edited by kel; 01-31-2018 at 04:27 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    It would be SUPER COOL if unhealthy friendships could come to an end without the other person acting like someone is dying/saying goodbye three times to say goodbye three times... all of that. Ugh. My heart hurts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My darn ice cream fell on the street today. I did pick it up though. There were pebbles and dirt caked into it...so I stuck my fingers into it to remove the "contaminated" layer. My fingers got all stinky from the ice cream.. but the rest of the ice cream was ok after the dirt layer was removed. Cold Stone.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Not just my day, and not just the week were fucked, but I would say my past like 3-4 weeks have been fucked. Mostly at work. Each day I come in thinking things cant get worse and they do, and each time, I am somehow surprised. Its almost like the universe decided that I had been fairing too well recently and decided it was time to crap all over me for weeks at a time. My brother says that energy comes in waves of three months at a time. So if I have three months of just terrible luck, it will be followed by three months of positive things. I really hope thats true.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

welp, so much for our nice new utilization of our guest room. it now has a water feature.