Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Comics!!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    It's official now: the webcomic that I'm writing is being re-published as a weekly feature on the Heavy Metal Magazine website! Page #1 went online yesterday! http://www.heavymetal.com

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Congratulations! i've been looking to read new webcomics since the ones i used to read ended abruptly...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    I can't be the only one excited about this!!!

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    UPDATE: I should've not been so excited! I bought The Fly Outbreak yesterday, and I was really disappointed by it. The writing sucked. The art sucked.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    UPDATE: I should've not been so excited! I bought The Fly Outbreak yesterday, and I was really disappointed by it. The writing sucked. The art sucked.
    Such a shame, i liked the idea, too

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Hawkeye #22 doesn't come out until June 10 now. This coming after it was delayed from 2014 to 2015, from February to April. This is a fucking travesty. Who the fuck is responsible for this? Is it Fraction? Aja? Is no one able to edit this fucking comic and publish it? Fuck, I'll take Fraction's fucking handwritten script at this point! I guarantee that no one cares about the end of Fraction's run at this point because it should have ended a year and a half ago. This is utter insanity. They'd better have a god damn unassailable reason for this horse shit.

I would also like to add that the sequel run to this, All-New Hawkeye, is THREE ISSUES IN. THREE ISSUES IN AND THE PREVIOUS RUN STILL IS NOT OVER.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Fraction turned in his script last fall. If anything, Marvel pushed it back to coincide with AoU. The omnibus has also been pushed back as well, which I had planned to pick up. I can see why Fraction has moved on to creator-owned titles.

Speaking of Barton, did anyone else wish Netflix would develop a Hawkeye series while watching the Russian arc of Daredevil?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    You, yes you.

Do this.

If you're in any way, shape or form a Transformers fan, you owe it to yourself to read this series. Probably the best any TF fiction has ever been. James Roberts has basically redefined Cybertron and done wonderful things with obscure characters and the TF world in general. It's smart, funny, nuanced, and addictive as all hell. Caste systems, shadow governments, genderless relationships...it never ceases to amaze. Can't recommend enough.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    ^Man, that's some sick cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Hawkeye #22 doesn't come out until June 10 now. This coming after it was delayed from 2014 to 2015, from February to April. This is a fucking travesty. Who the fuck is responsible for this? Is it Fraction? Aja? Is no one able to edit this fucking comic and publish it? Fuck, I'll take Fraction's fucking handwritten script at this point! I guarantee that no one cares about the end of Fraction's run at this point because it should have ended a year and a half ago. This is utter insanity. They'd better have a god damn unassailable reason for this horse shit.

I would also like to add that the sequel run to this, All-New Hawkeye, is THREE ISSUES IN. THREE ISSUES IN AND THE PREVIOUS RUN STILL IS NOT OVER.
    As Orestes said, Marvel is "holding" the issue, i believe it also has to do with "Secret Wars" and the fact they wanted (most of) all ongoing Marvel series to "end" in June right before the crossover, yeah you know, typical Marvel/DC bullshit...

Speaking of Hawkeye, i just finished the first trade and i enjoyed it a lot, Fraction is not the greatest writer ever but he sure knows how to make a book entertaining and different (Bendis doesn't...).
    I'll buy volume 2, next week, i hope the series stay as good as it started...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    That's all well and good, but this comic still should have ended a year ago. I don't know what Marvel is even fucking thinking. Is there suddenly a Secret Wars tie-in right at the end? Hawkeye and Kate witness an incursion in Aja's art style? Is it just a big fucking dog face hanging in the sky?

Fuck Marvel and fuck whoever had the audacity to suggest this fucking bullshit. Secret Wars is going to suck just like every other shitty crossover they've done.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm actually dropping all Marvel stuff i'm buying when the series end, with the exception of Amazing Spiderman (or whatever is called after Secret Wars...), i've followed Spidey most of my (reading) life...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Francis Tsai died. Bummer, his work was seriously legit. When he got diagnosed with ALS and couldn't use his hands, he started to draw with his feet. Once he couldn't use his feet, he used programs to draw with his freaking eyes. Guy was made of steel. Look his stuff up, it's great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    WHAT THE FUCK.

@FrankMillerInk I hope that by now my silence is deafening.

“THE DARK KNIGHT III: THE MASTER RACE” is the sequel to Miller’s 1986 classic THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS – heralded by TIME Magazine as one of the 10 greatest graphic novels of all time – and its 2001-2002 follow-up series BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT STRIKES AGAIN.
    Miller will be joined by acclaimed writer Brian Azzarello (100 BULLETS, JOKER, and WONDER WOMAN) on the eight-issue comic book periodical, to be published twice a month under the DC Comics imprint. Marking the 30th anniversary of THE DARK KNIGHT RETURNS original series, this periodical is slated for publication beginning in late Fall 2015.
    “Batman remains my favorite comic book hero and a sequel to Dark Knight is going to be daunting,” said Miller, “but we’ll do our best.”

“We are thrilled to have Frank back home at DC writing Batman,” according to Dan DiDio and Jim Lee, Co-Publishers for DC Entertainment. “The story he and Brian have crafted is an astounding and triumphant conclusion to this seminal body of work which influenced and shaped generations of readers and creators alike.”
    According to Azzarello, “It’s been an amazing experience collaborating with Frank these past six months. I think we have an epic story that these characters truly deserve.”
    Artists for the project have yet to be announced.
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-24-2015 at 03:02 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Oh, great. IMO Miller has been embarrassingly awful for well over a decade now and, as good as Azzarello's Luthor: Man of Steel was, I loathed and despised Joker. HATED it.

This just makes me sad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Master Race? Eww.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    At least he's not writing it solo. I'm assuming Azzarello is sober.
    Last edited by DF118; 04-26-2015 at 10:44 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't see any good reason to do a third part for DK (oh yeah, that's right:$$$).
    Also, i don't care for Miller's work anymore: "Dark Night 2" was awful, "All Star Batman and Robin" was stupid and the less we talk about "Holy Terror", the better...

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    In light of Hawkeye's development in Age of Ultron, Marvel's marketing reason to push back Hawkeye makes absolutely no sense.

Who's picking up titles tomorrow for FCBD 2015?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm waking up early, the past year was crazy, too many people, i don't want to wait in the sun forever, but i really want that sweet "Fight Club" comic...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Going tomorrow.

Getting Doctor Who, Attack on Titan, Wonderland and a few others. But those 3 are top priority.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Went this morning to pick up the Fight Club preview and Doctor Who. And while I didn't know anything about this title, I had to get a copy of Terrible Lizard, the one with the girl riding that ugly-ass T-Rex, it looked so much fun!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Avengers had a fantastic conclusion going into Secret Wars. New Avengers didn't make sense on the first run, but it did on the second. I know that Hickman's entire run on both comics has led to Secret Wars, probably since he took both books over, but I really miss when it was so much simpler, even though it was just as high-concept as ever.

On that note, I'm really going to miss the Ultimate Universe. Reading Ultimate Spider-Man got me into comics three years ago, and it's going to really suck not having more titles in that universe to look forward to.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Picked up:
    Secret Wars
    New Avengers
    Bob's Burgers
    Teen Titans Go!
    Boom Studios Ten Year Celebration
    Super Mutant Magic Academy/Step Aside, Pops

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    got my hands on the free Fight Club prologue comic for Comic Book Day...
    leads into the 10 part Fight Club 2 comic series
    https://instagram.com/p/2MjL6OwIZR/

Ordered issues #1 thru #3 and all of their variant covers along with the "Expedition" vinyl, a prequel to book Fight Club read by Chuck Palahniuk and the story will be a part of the short story collection "Make Something Up" from Chuck.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Got:

Fight Club (yay!)
    Secret Wars (gave it away, lol...)
    2000 A.D. Sampler
    The Thick
    Wonderland
    Street Fighter
    2 Mexican comics you probably never heard of (i wasn't trying to sound hipster, lol...)
    I couldn't find "Bob's Burgers", bummer

I've always liked Free Comic Book Day but the thing has became MASSIVE, there's 4 major comic book stores in my town and the thing still gets PACKED (let's not forget Mexico City it's the biggest city in the world...), next year i'm camping by the store (yeah right...)

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So, I just got my comp copies of Hoax Hunters #3.

The very last page features a 1 page long short comic written by me! My comic is finally in print!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    congratulations man, i'll pick this one up

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    ^^^
    Since The Fly is my all time favorite movie I decided to stick with this mini-series, thank god only 5 issues. It's getting worse!!!

On other notes, first issue of Fight Club 2 was promising, and Sandman Overture 5 is out, and it's still a gorgeous book in every way. What else...
    Warren Ellis' Injection #1 came out from Image, and it was really good!

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    On that note, I'm really going to miss the Ultimate Universe. Reading Ultimate Spider-Man got me into comics three years ago, and it's going to really suck not having more titles in that universe to look forward to.
    Not so fast.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I knew they wouldn't kill the "Ultimate" universe, they have "killed it" more times than Jean Grey

I also heard that Miles Morales is staying as the main Spiderman (from the universe 616), ugh...