Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Unless it's 100% necessary I have no interest. I just bought an Xbox One S back in December when my Day One console bit the dust. I have no desire blowing another 500.00 and buying a new TV (yet).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'll get it eventually but my regular Xbone is perfectly fine for now. By the time I upgrade to a 4k TV I'm sure this will have had a price drop or two, not looking to drop 500 bucks on a console.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?
    Last edited by Rdm; 06-12-2017 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    That would defeat the purpose of a console and make it more expensive. Might as well build a pc.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I was really disappointed with Microsoft's conference, i was hoping they'd have something awesome lined up for the xbone x but there just wasn't anything...at least nothing that wasn't available on PC.

I'll end up just investing in upgrading my PC then get an xbone now, it'll be cheaper.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdm View Post
    I don't know if anyone brought this up but it seems like Microsoft doesn't want to bring VR to their consoles at this time .

E3 2016: Xbox Boss Talks VR, Scorpio Specs and Console Upgrade Cycle
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/06/...-upgrade-cycle

Do you guys think there will ever be a day you can exchange video graphic cards out of the console ? Does that make the consoles obsolete ?
    Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Good. I hope the VR dies soon. Silly nonsense I have no interest in personally.
    Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Ever had a good (or any) VR experience? We use it at work. I was skeptical as hell about it, and to this day I still hold that people look ridiculous with the headsets strapped to their face - but the technology is impressive and it's actually a pretty cool experience in my opinion. Long as it's something that's an option and not a requirement for a certain game, I'm 100% on board with it.
    I think you both have a point here. The tech is impressive, but alot of the games made from VR have been...pretty awful, making alot of players just see it as a gimmick rather than something that can enhance the experience.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I was really disappointed with Microsoft's conference, i was hoping they'd have something awesome lined up for the xbone x but there just wasn't anything...at least nothing that wasn't available on PC.

I'll end up just investing in upgrading my PC then get an xbone now, it'll be cheaper.
    To be honest, unless you only play on console, and have a 4k tv to really get 100% of what the X has to offer, it is a better deal to just upgrade your PC. Xbox exclusives will always be Windows everywhere ready. The only shitty part is that you will be dealing with Windows store than steam.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    To be honest, unless you only play on console, and have a 4k tv to really get 100% of what the X has to offer, it is a better deal to just upgrade your PC. Xbox exclusives will always be Windows everywhere ready. The only shitty part is that you will be dealing with Windows store than steam.
    Very true. Although as bad as the Windows store is right now (and it is so so bad!), it will get better...but there isn't really anything i want on there right now.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Ultimate Games Sale 2017 is incredibly disappointing so far.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I got resident evil 4 today and a hour in the controls feel almost unplayable? Is it just me?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I got resident evil 4 today and a hour in the controls feel almost unplayable? Is it just me?
    Nope, not just you. I played the hell out of that game on PS2, really the only RE game I put any amount of time into. But I bought it on PS3 a couple years ago and just couldn't do it.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrcraig View Post
    Nope, not just you. I played the hell out of that game on PS2, really the only RE game I put any amount of time into. But I bought it on PS3 a couple years ago and just couldn't do it.
    So the controls on other systems are better? I wonder why they would change it. Maybe it's a victim of a dated game ?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Duuude, I had a similar experience going back and playing Gungrave for PS2, except that was just returning to the PS2 game after a decade, as far as I know there was never a port to another system. Shit feels SO jank.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Duuude, I had a similar experience going back and playing Gungrave for PS2, except that was just returning to the PS2 game after a decade, as far as I know there was never a port to another system. Shit feels SO jank.
    Resident evil 4 doesn't have side stepping, it's super awkward playing the game.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Resident evil 4 doesn't have side stepping, it's super awkward playing the game.
    different but well thought out controls scheme, you'll get used to it. Then again, there's so many revisions/versions of this game at this point...who knows? What version exactly are you rocking?
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-08-2017 at 05:24 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So the controls on other systems are better? I wonder why they would change it. Maybe it's a victim of a dated game ?
    No I believe the controls are the same, but yeah I think it just got dated. Same reason I can't play the PS2 GTA trilogy, too used to modern control schemes I guess

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    different but well thought out controls scheme, you'll get used to it. Then again, there's so many revisions/versions of this game at this point...who knows? What version exactly are you rocking?
    I didn't see this. I'm plying the most recent release from the Xbox store.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was always Playstation fan, mainly because of Gran Turismo - PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Vita... then nothing. Today I ordered Xbox One X Project Scorpio version because I really like this one, e.g. video about how nicely it is built inside, and I think it is about time to play me some Forza Motorsport. :-)

Update: Received my first 4K HDR BluRay: Planet Earth 2, I already saw it before in SD and it is amazing documentary. So, I have 4K test disc already :-), now what TV? If I had to buy right now, it would be Sony 55XE9005, but there is also Philips 8602 or maybe OLED 9002...? Ambilight is nice, but I'm still not keen on Adroid as TV OS, do I have to log in with my real account...? I'd prefer WebOS (ex Palm) like LG have.
    Last edited by Substance242; 09-13-2017 at 10:19 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    So, it's here, I am picking up my Scorpio version today! :-) Forza 7 disc is already waiting, also new TV (decided for LG OLED55C7V), and I'll also definitely buy INSIDE - looks like very interesting game for the right people (like NIN fans).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    So, it's here, I am picking up my Scorpio version today! :-) Forza 7 disc is already waiting, also new TV (decided for LG OLED55C7V), and I'll also definitely buy INSIDE - looks like very interesting game for the right people (like NIN fans).
    Got my Scorpio edition too today - it looks so sleek

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm trying to sell my Scorpio. It is a wonderful machine, great internal design and how the compatibility works is amazing, the best current console no doubt, and I hoped it would spark gaming fun in me again, but no, nothing is much fun anymore.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Anyone need a code for Cuphead? I have an extra one that’d set you back the ultra expensive price of nothing. I get free games through work and today was this game, but I’ve already got it. Only requisite is that I’d prefer to give it to a somewhat regular ETS’er. Because I’m territorial like that. PM me.

edit: Taken!
    Last edited by october_midnight; 05-16-2018 at 07:28 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Anyone need a code for Cuphead? I have an extra one that’d set you back the ultra expensive price of nothing. I get free games through work and today was this game, but I’ve already got it. Only requisite is that I’d prefer to give it to a somewhat regular ETS’er. Because I’m territorial like that. PM me.
    Someone do take up his offer.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I may give Microsoft some stick for the latest generation, but this is worth talking about...

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...ive-controller

Credit where credit is due, this is a fantastic idea!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Gears 5, Halo: Infinite, and The Division 2 all dropping in 2019.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Hmm... The post I made in this thread from last night seems to have disappeared...
    Might of had something to do with the server change.

Either way, what excited me the most about xbox's E3 was the announcement of:

and

Words cannot explain how beyond excited I am for both of these. Especially that Battletoads game. Been waaaay too long!
    2019 is way too far away!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Decent showing today.

Still for both consoles, aside from Demon’s Souls and Resident Evil VIII, nothing interests me really for within the first year or so.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Showcase was completely underwhelming. Halo looks like a downgrade with the environments looking absolutely lifeless... Putting TLOU 1 & 2, Ghost of Tsushima, fuck, even Killzone Shadowfall next to the visuals make it look so meh; Naughty Dog and Sucker Punch really set the bar.

Avowed was the only game that really interested me and mayybee The Medium. Was seriously expecting gameplay from Hellblade and we learned absolutely nothing that we didn't know before. Timed exclusives with little to no gameplay, with so many games I can literally just buy on PC. I am all for gamers having more options to play games, but I am really failing to see the point of buying an Xbox almost ever now.