Page 124 of 160 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 122 123 124 125 126 134 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,720 of 4778

Thread: Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    Now here's somebody that totally loathes and abhors Bad Witch, Add Violence and Not The Actual Events, and goes as far as to say that Nine Inch Nails went downhill since With Teeth, all while defending Quantum550. I'll understand if you're also wondering if Mr Kray is also Quantum550, as do I.

I also thought I'd post this before 2018 ends, since this is still the year of the whole "Quantum550: suck my entire cock." incident, and it turns out that this video was actually uploaded on October 18, 2018. He also disabled the comments on his video, and it has more dislikes than likes so far. And yes, aside from "nowhere", I figured this type of video would at the very least belong here in terms of "archival purposes/reasons", since the very tone and words used in this video would stir controversy anyway while potentially derailing the Bad Witch thread and even the NIN Spotting 2018 thread.

Anyway, I obviously disagree, considering how I love With Teeth, Year Zero, Hesitation Marks and Add Violence, but I'm always interested in ETS's general reactions/responses/opinions to such things.

And assuming that Mr Kray is actually Quantum550, or just knows about ETS, I could see why he also disabled the comments. (I'm also not necessarily implying that's the absolute only reason for disabling the comments, but it's still very much possible.)

This also seems to be the only video Mr Kray uploaded on his YouTube channel so far. I almost forgot to mention that as well.

Im all for having a differing opinion, but this dude is a piece of human garbage.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Anyone over the age of 13 calling someone a cunt or a motherfucker - because they collaborated with one of their favorite artists and changed their sound in a way they don't like - is kind of sad.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I hate conservatives. I hate Christians. I hate Muslims. I hate SJWs. I hate Israel. In the words of the once great Trent Reznor, don't think you're having all the fun; you know me I hate everyone. Don't like what I have to say? Then make like your mother's hand on my cock and beat it (If you tell me you're "PC" I'm going to assume that means pretentious cocksucker)
    Subscribed.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm sure I've said it before but I'm saying it again

Fragile Deviation does not deserve its own halo, breaking up the trilogy and separating it from its parent album

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post

Fragile Deviation does not deserve its own halo, breaking up the trilogy and separating it from its parent album
    This is my opinion, too. Something like Halo 14D would have made much more sense. Or, if there are many planned for release, perhaps it might have started a new numbering system (Halo/Seed/Deviations).

Too late now.

Edit: Also, the guy in the video above can suck my entire cock.
    Last edited by katara; 12-17-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    14D would have made more sense than making it Halo 30. The PHM remaster was 2R, and TDS Anniversary was 8DE. I agree with making Deviations a new numbering system, since it was literally called Deviations 1. I know TR probably planned more Deviations releases (be they other albums or a Fragile: Deviations 2 with vocals), but I really would have preferred he left off the 1 from the title if it wasn't going to be a new numbering system. And because I have a feeling the "Deviations 2" is never going to come to fruition just like so many other abandoned ideas.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    14D would have made more sense than making it Halo 30. The PHM remaster was 2R, and TDS Anniversary was 8DE. I agree with making Deviations a new numbering system, since it was literally called Deviations 1. I know TR probably planned more Deviations releases (be they other albums or a Fragile: Deviations 2 with vocals), but I really would have preferred he left off the 1 from the title if it wasn't going to be a new numbering system. And because I have a feeling the "Deviations 2" is never going to come to fruition just like so many other abandoned ideas.
    Everyone I talk to about it wants YZ to be 2, but I feel 2 is more likely to be TDS. I think it will come though

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    14DeezNuts

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Microwave Jellyfish View Post
    Subscribed.
    It's like a 13-year-old on x-box live. I'm cringing into a puddle on the floor.

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)

And given TR’s attention to detail I’m at a loss as to why he did that too.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I think it’s clear - Deviations is not the original. It’s a new take on it based on where TR was at recently in life, kind of excavating the past. It is it’s own composition for its own time and this deserves its own Halo.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    I think it’s clear - Deviations is not the original. It’s a new take on it based on where TR was at recently in life, kind of excavating the past. It is it’s own composition for its own time and this deserves its own Halo.
    So where's Still's Halo number

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    So where's Still's Halo number
    It had one. 17. It's CD2. You wouldn't call the second disc of The Fragile a separate Halo either, no?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    It had one. 17. It's CD2. You wouldn't call the second disc of The Fragile a separate Halo either, no?
    Disc 2 wasn't released 2 years later

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Disc 2 wasn't released 2 years later
    What? Still was released in 2002 simultaneously with AATCHB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oooooooof, that video up there rustles my Jimmies in lots of different ways.
    First of all, the so-called "review" doesn't point out anything particularly wrong with the album. He just says "it sucks because I say so". People might be curious on why he thinks the album sucks but he gives no reason. Isn't that the whole point of a review?
    Second of all, he barely talks about the album and moreso the fanbase and the current state of NIN (if him calling Atticus a cunt wasn't a big giveaway).
    Lastly, yeh, portrait angle with the black borders. It's distracting me from his beautiful face.
    Overall this review is crippling awful, and would be a good resource to show people how to not to do a review. He's not wrong for having a negative view on Bad Witch, but the way he expresses it is insulting on so many levels.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Dead Souls is boring as fuck.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Just curious about what era you got into NIN. Was is later? I remember The Crow coming out and this being one of the first songs by NIN I ever heard. More recently I got into Koy Division over the past couple years and I appreciate it all the more. But hey, everyone’s entitled to their view, especially on this thread.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Koy Division

(this is an actual band and i am cracking up about it)

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Controversial Nine Inch Nails opinions

Back when people had answering machines, that song would play when you called me and I didn’t answer.

“They keep calling me” har har

I love dead souls especially at the end when he gets all scream-y. But I also loved the soundtrack and the movie.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I like/love NIN’s version of Dead Souls. Joy Division? Not so much. That one song NIN just covered is pretty lame IMO.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    In terms of music I find the trilogy of EP’s to be some of their best releases since The Fragile. Hover, in terms of an overall cohesive release I think it is probably the most disappointed I have been by them. I don’t feel like it works as a single “album” when listening together. It feels like they changed direction with each release and it just doesn’t make sense as a whole. It makes it difficult to enjoy because when I listen to it I am to preoccupied with trying to find the themes that really tie everything together. I wish they hadn’t mentioned that they were meant to work as a single release/concept and hadn’t peppered in those Easter eggs (extra lyrics, references to old material, etc.). Individually I think they work much better on their own.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I think some people expected the trilogy to fit in a more linear fashion ala Year Zero, but I don't think that was ever the intention behind it. It's more abstract than that. There are themes and concepts that connect it all together, but it's very non-linear as a whole.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I think some people expected the trilogy to fit in a more linear fashion ala Year Zero, but I don't think that was ever the intention behind it. It's more abstract than that. There are themes and concepts that connect it all together, but it's very non-linear as a whole.
    I can accept that, but at the same time I think saying something is more complex and non-linear is also an easy way to force things that are not really related to seem like they are supposed to be. It is only my opinion, but to me it feels more like something that started out planned to be something, but then just didn’t work out.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I can accept that, but at the same time I think saying something is more complex and non-linear is also an easy way to force things that are not really related to seem like they are supposed to be.
    I don't agree with that. Again, there are themes and concepts that connect it as a whole. You can call it a cop-out answer, but the evidence speaks for itself.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just curious about what era you got into NIN. Was is later? I remember The Crow coming out and this being one of the first songs by NIN I ever heard. More recently I got into Koy Division over the past couple years and I appreciate it all the more. But hey, everyone’s entitled to their view, especially on this thread.
    I’ve been a NIN fan since 1994, and I’ve really disliked the track since it was brand new. Neither the raw material nor the production did anything for me, particularly given the richness of TDS and associated releases.

Thankfully The Crow soundtrack was totally redeemed for me by Thrill Kill Kult’s After the Flesh (which is probably another Controversial Opinion in and of itself).

Mentioned
    185 Post(s)
    As a huge Joy Division / New Order / Bernard Sumner solo fan, I have to say that, when compared with the rest of their catalogue, “Dead Souls” is pretty bland. Even I hardly ever listen to the original. I mean, the below is the final song on the final (second) Joy Division album released - posthumously at that - after Ian killed himself at the age of 24. Just chilling. The music, the lyrics... in comparison to their best work, “Dead Souls” has always fallen flat to my ears. I guess what I’m saying is it isn’t representative of the real genius and beauty that is/was Joy Division.

TR releasing an EP of Joy Division covers, especially the likes of “The Eternal” and “Decades”? Yes please! Hell, his most famous song “Closer” has the same name as the final JD record, and “Still” has the same name as their third (compilation/live) album. I’m getting myself too excited.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Been thinking about this while watching the vevo Tension 2013 Exposed YouTube video...

I think that maybe TR with held the release of Tension DVD because too many people didn't like Everything. A possibility…

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nmitchell86 View Post
    Been thinking about this while watching the vevo Tension 2013 Exposed YouTube video...

I think that maybe TR with held the release of Tension DVD because too many people didn't like Everything. A possibility…
    Not sure what Everything has to do with it. It was never played live, and announcement of the DVD/BRD came late in the Tension tour (or was it after the tour?). It’s been awhile, but I think they wanted to capture the 2014 (aka 2013 festival) production as well.

Who knows. My guess is he either wasn’t happy with it, or it ended up being too expensive- or as usual to questions like these (even non-NIN related) there are multiple reasons.

EDIT: I love watching that part 1 video BTW. Always find it entertaining. Part 2 was kind of a bummer.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Rob mentioned on Twitter that he parted ways with Trent in 2014, so that could also explain what happened to the release. Without an art director to guide the project to completion, it's easy to see how it could end up in the pile of unfinished/unreleased projects.