Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1123

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    WB is a crazy shitshow right now, just wow. I saw this on Facebook and assumed it was fake

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's a full-on shit show over there at DC with things seemingly changing on an hour-to-hour basis. I have faith that James Gunn (and Peter Safran) can map out and build a new & improved DC cinematic universe, but a proper sequel to Man of Steel was long overdue and easily the thing I was most excited for from DC. The fact that Henry Cavill JUST announced his return 7 weeks ago, only to have to turn around and take it back so quickly adds insult to injury. Also, good luck finding an actor as good as Henry who also looks the part to play Superman. At least Joker: Folie à Deux and The Batman 2 are safe...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So all that's left of the Snyderverse is Aquaman 2 and The Flash?

Right.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    At least Joker: Folie à Deux and The Batman 2 are safe...
    If that rumor is true that October posted a page back, that they are trying to figure out how to possibly implement The Batman universe into this new DCU is incredibly worrying. The way a lot of things are being handled there as of lately, even with James Gunn and a few others swooping in to save this mess, nothing is fully safe.

Just read the edit that James Gunn said it wasn't true. Who the hell knows lolol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    If that rumor is true that October posted a page back, that they are trying to figure out how to possibly implement The Batman universe into this new DCU is incredibly worrying. The way a lot of things are being handled there as of lately, even with James Gunn and a few others swooping in to save this mess, nothing is fully safe.

Just read the edit that James Gunn said it wasn't true. Who the hell knows lolol.
    James Gunn already shot that idea down after Variety reported on it.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word also circulating that Black Adam isn’t getting a sequel, and Jason Momoa’s time as Aquaman is over as he moves instead to be the new Lobo in a rebooted DCEU. James Gunn shaking things up it would appear.
    I completely glossed over the Lobo thing reading this the first time because wtf. What are they trying to do?

although this is hilarious.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Bring him back as Bizarro at some point.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    James Gunn already shot that idea down after Variety reported on it.
    Bruh... Lol

"Just read the edit that James Gunn said it wasn't true. Who the hell knows lolol."

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Bruh... Lol
    My mistake. I guess I missed that part of your post.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Are we even still getting a second Peacemaker season?

Will it be rebooted? It had it's connections with the Snyderverse didn't it?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I feel bad for Cavil. I have criticized his acting but he seem's like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to do right by the characters he is playing and keep getting shafted! This really feels like The Rock put pressure on DC heads to lock Cavil in so they could have a Vs movie before Gunn was even hired, then Black Adam didn't perform and those heads decided a reboot of sorts was the best idea. If they'd just waited to get Gunn or whoever in this could have all been avoided...although given how DC are running things i would not be surprised if they decide to change things again and out Gunn...it's a complete shit show!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I feel bad for Cavil. I have criticized his acting but he seem's like a genuinely nice guy that just wants to do right by the characters he is playing and keep getting shafted! This really feels like The Rock put pressure on DC heads to lock Cavil in so they could have a Vs movie before Gunn was even hired, then Black Adam didn't perform and those heads decided a reboot of sorts was the best idea. If they'd just waited to get Gunn or whoever in this could have all been avoided...although given how DC are running things i would not be surprised if they decide to change things again and out Gunn...it's a complete shit show!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word is both Cavill’s and Gadot’s cameos have been cut from The Flash Movie. The Rock also unfollowed the DC and WB accounts on his IG. Yikes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Are we even still getting a second Peacemaker season?

Will it be rebooted? It had it's connections with the Snyderverse didn't it?
    one of the videos I was watching about this brought that up by basically saying "Hey, Black Adam had supes (Henry Cavill's back baby!) and James Gunn's wife in it so there's no way he'd take that away from her, right?"

So, uh.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The Cavill part of this is extremely ugly, but the Snyderverse as a whole despite it's best parts like the ones Gunn made and Doom Patrol have survived *years* beyond reason. It was dead on arrival. Batman vs. Superman flopped and planned. Justice League was a failure. They couldn't get the flash off the ground. The Flash.... That's going to survive the warner discovery merger?! What?

If they really want to move forward and build something great, they have to put the thing to rest. Marvel movies are in a really weak position right now, and if DCanages to come out with exciting content they could be back in the game for real. But first this mess has to be behind them. A clean break, too

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    The Rock announced on his Twitter yesterday, that Black Adam won't be a part of the first chapter of storytelling. Seems like they will potentially use him again down the road, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Watched Aquaman first the first time last night. Super fun, probably one of my favorite super hero movies. Hope the sequel survived.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'll be honest i think The Rock really screwed cavill here, word is he strong armed DC into putting Supes into Black Adam because he thought it would boast the tickets (he also spoiled this weeks before to get hype going) and when it didn't work he simply just walked away. He was hard core hyping it and as soon as it showed to be not doing well he stopped completely, not even commenting on it coming to HBP max. Also refusing to cameo in Shazam 2 really feels like he doesn't care about the character and just wants a show down with superman even though he is a Shazam villian. I'm starting to see his fued with with Vin Deasil in a different light.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It almost feels like the heel turn that Musk took where everyone was like, "wait a minute...was he always an asshole" and I wonder at that. I think to the movie The Banshees of Inisherin and the line, "maybe you were never nice".

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    While it sucks that we're losing Henry Cavill and Gal Gadot (though WW84 sucked really, REALLY bad), most of the rest of the DCEU wasn't working very well. Ben Affleck didn't seem too interesting in playing Batman anymore, Wonder Woman 84 was panned by fans and critics alike, and it seems risky for the studio to even release the Flash movie and continue to be associated with Ezra Miller and his scandal-laden year of negative publicity. I think rebooting the whole thing is probably for the best (and was bound to happen soon anyway), but it does seem like a missed opportunity to not do one last large-scale event movie (like the rumored Crisis on Infinite Earths movie that was supposedly being developed) with the current roster to close the chapter on the "Snyder-verse" and give fans some closure.

I also think people are rushing to be critical of James Gunn (and Peter Safran, but Gunn is always the one people mention by name) and calling for him to be fired before they even hear what he has planned. Yes, the whole thing with Henry (announcing his return and getting fans excited, only to have to take it back a mere 7 weeks later after one cameo) was handled poorly, but Gunn has a pretty good track record. People need to give the guy a chance.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ben Affleck always looked like he was incredibly bored playing the bat. Like the scene where he asks Supes if he bleeds (Lol) the way he delivers that line is as if he said in his head "Ok, let's get this stupid scene over with..."

I found Man of Steel pretty impressive for a Superman movie, and I'm not the biggest Supes fan at all. Ironically, that was the only movie in the DCEU that I really wanted a sequel for.

... And after reading my last paragraph, it is still wild to me that hardcore Supe fans never received one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    that they immediately killed him to bring him back just as immediately has never sat well with me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Obviously take this with a boulder of salt so big it could crush a house…

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There was also word on the net prior to this that Cavill left because the writers were incredibly disrespectful to the source material and making fun of the books/games, which he took offense to. Also apparently wanting him to do unnecessary sex scenes and nudity. This shit stinks of character assassination to me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What both versions of the story agree on is that Cavill didn't like the direction the production and writing staff took with their adaptation of The Witcher, and conversely that producers and writers didn't appreciate his strong opinion on staying true to the spirit of the source material. Whether you could call his attitude toxic or passionate is up for debate.

But they don't really back up their claims of his attitude being misogynist. They have him admitting to getting aroused during a poorly managed sex scene early in his career, they have him extremely clumsily expressing that MeToo gives food for thought on established dating practices and they have him having dated an uncomfortably young woman. But in the end they don't describe the alleged qanon-esque gamerbro stance at all beyond him seemingly overstepping like a moviestar diva.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Obviously take this with a boulder of salt so big it could crush a house…

it's since been deleted apparently but I can assume from comments - and the source - that it wasn't great.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    So I just watched for the first time ever Green Lantern, and I actually really enjoyed it. It was good, not great, but I don't think it's as bad as most people make out. I'm not super knowledgeable about the source material, so maybe that actually worked to my benefit, but I liked it. With that said, it got me on a DC kick. I really need to watch the more recent shows and films. And some of the animated stuff. Maybe I'll do that during my break from work this week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So some fans did an animated approximation of the canceled Snyder League movies based off of whatever information is available on these movies. It's basically a gritty Spoiler: Avengers Endgame with soap operatic drama beats and a negligible amount of character development. If this is anyway close to what Snyder had envisioned, it's not surprising that the studio tried to correct course.

It ends with Spoiler: 20 years of world peace and the emergence of Clark Kent's adoptive son as Batman when crime in Gotham becomes disruptive again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Also...

Last edited by october_midnight; 01-31-2023 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

UPDATES - Paradise Lost will be a prequel set before the birth of Diana, not the Civil War like I theorised.
    Creature Commandos will be animated.
    Waller will basically be Peacemaker Season 2 with elements of that story and the cast being brought over.
    Supergirl WILL be based on Woman Of Tomorrow as suspected.
    Peter Safran has now said in an interview that Aquaman 3 Is going ahead.
    Ezra Miller is expected to stay on as The Flash.
    So they're keeping Aquaman and...The Flash? sigh.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-31-2023 at 12:42 PM.