Thread: Synthlust! (Or, how to make music without your computer)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I'm so happy about this I need to share. A fellow manager from a different department where I work at, a guitar guy, after months long negotiations, sold me a well worn, gigged MF101 for $200.

I have all my effects pedals in a separate stand patched into my patch bay, but this is so versatile it's getting put up on the top of my keyboard stand with my modular gear. I hooked up my sub mixer to it that I use for my drum machines and with an EP-3 ran into the filter cutoff I'm already getting some gnarly sweeps.

edit: I'm not into succulents but I understand the need for knick-knacks in the jam space. Those aren't just any welding goggles, I wore them to the last Ministry show I went to and I was on the rail so they have been in the presence of The Master. If even a tiny, microscopic amount of Al's musical mojo wore off onto them, and this was Skyrim they would give me +5 to Music Production and +3 to general Bad Ass-ery. Various stones for channeling energies, robots, cat statues and Star Wars figures.

Moral of the story, talk to anyone and everyone you know about making music. I've know this guy for 5+ years and only in the last year have I know about his interest in guitars, and even though I don't play, there is obviously overlap with my musical interests.
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 07-02-2022 at 03:35 PM.