Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: ninwiki

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Good idea. I've added it to the TDS page.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    It's right here:
    https://www.nin.wiki/The_Perfect_Dru...28Aphrodite.29

EDIT: I added the info to the halo page as well.
    Last edited by piggy; 06-25-2020 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Btw it’s available in lossless here: https://aphroditerecordings.databeat...download/amix1

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Yup, and that's in the external links on the TPD song page.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by katara View Post
    Should Trent's opinion of Alan Moulder being the 'other member' of NIN be added to the wiki?

Atticus mentioned it on the Mix With The Masters video, and I'm sure I've heard it elsewhere, too.
    Opinion to be added in prose as a quote? Sure. Otherwise considering him as a full member? No way.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    TOBACCO - Babysitter (feat. Trent Reznor) = 103 bpm

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Is there a page created for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or are there plans to create one? I posted over on the Rock and Roll HOF thread, a bunch of hi-res images taken by the RRHOF staff and I would like to find a more permanent home for them other than my personal google drive. They don't really have a space on nincatalog so I think a page dedicated to the HOF with all these images would be more appropriate

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    We don't have a page yet, but that's not a bad idea. I'm not sure personally how we should do it, but we'll eventually figure something out. I'll save your images to my computer.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    Is there a page created for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame or are there plans to create one?
    Maybe there should be a page created for Awards, nominations, and honors, in general. I didn't see a page for that, and so that information is only available if you know which individual records pages to look at.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Maybe there should be a page created for Awards, nominations, and honors, in general. I didn't see a page for that, and so that information is only available if you know which individual records pages to look at.
    That's a fantastic idea!

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Like an "Accolades and recognition" section? I like it!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    I have created a new category called Other Rare Songs for stuff like the following: Bird Box extended tracks, "Abandoned Sets", "Let Him Ride", "Dinner With Sean", "Theme From Call of Duty Black Ops II", Lost Highway TR tracks, vinyl only HTDA tracks.

I haven't done anything major to the old Quake song pages, wasn't sure when you guys would like to migrate all that stuff over.

Also, does anyone want to starting sketching out that "Accolades and recognition" page? I'm not in the right headspace for it at the moment, but I can work on it later on if needed.
    Last edited by piggy; 09-21-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Also, does anyone want to starting sketching out that "Accolades and recognition" page? I'm not in the right headspace for it at the moment, but I can work on it later on if needed.
    I can work on it a bit if i have some time. Got a bunch of items to add to nincatalog as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't have a ninwiki account, and I had some problems registering one. I have a few edits/additions if anyone has time and deems it worthy. So, can someone...

Edit the pages for Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Chris Vrenna, and Charlie Clouser, their Body of Work sections? They were all credited on the recent vinyl reissue of the Quake Soundtrack. It was previously known that Vrenna helped Trent with it, but now, it was made official, finally.

Edit the pages for Atticus Ross, Alessandro Cortini, Ilan Rubin, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, and Chris Vrenna, in regards to their Hall of Fame inductions? I think it's a very important part of NIN's history that those non-Trent lads got the nod.

Edit the page for Closer to God (halo), to credit the then-current lineup of NIN? In particular, track B of the cassette version, "March of the Pigs (live)". Trent Reznor, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Chris Vrenna, and James Woolley all did the performance on that particular track (which was taken from the performance music video).

Edit the page for Richard Patrick, his Body of Work section? I think Closure should be added to it (it's already added on Danny Lohner's and Charlie Clouser's and Robin Finck's page). The other band members on Closure (James Woolley, Jeff Ward, Ron Musarra, probably other pre-1991 members) do not have a "Body of Work" subsection.

Edit the page for Ron Musarra, adding in that he was thanked in the Pretty Hate Machine booklet? I think that was a crucial gesture. In addition, possibly adding in that he played drums on the original Purest Feeling demo? I don't have a source to back that up, but, you can hear a drummer shouting during a countdown at the start of "Sanctified", and I'm quite certain Musarra does the same thing on an old live video (forget which one or which band). Might be worth adding that to the Purest Feeling and "Sanctified" page as well, I dunno.

Edit the page for Prick, and redirecting all mention of Kevin McMahon to that particular page? McMahon is the only former live member not to have his own page, but, the page of Prick should be okay. I think his brief 3 show stint should be mentioned on that page as well.

2 last things:

-On the actual NIN page, under Members, Brian Liesegang is listed. It is said that he subbed for Lee Mars on a few shows. Is there a source for this? I actually tried asking Brian himself, and tried asking others on Reddit, but I got no response on both lol.

-Not a question really, but, I wanted to thank the person that included my old write-up on James Woolley into his page. It looks a lot better now!

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ikranax View Post
    Edit the pages for Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Chris Vrenna, and Charlie Clouser, their Body of Work sections? They were all credited on the recent vinyl reissue of the Quake Soundtrack. It was previously known that Vrenna helped Trent with it, but now, it was made official, finally.
    Done.

Edit the pages for Atticus Ross, Alessandro Cortini, Ilan Rubin, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, and Chris Vrenna, in regards to their Hall of Fame inductions? I think it's a very important part of NIN's history that those non-Trent lads got the nod.
    I thought we would wait until they've been inducted in November so that we don't have to go back and make it past tense instead of future tense, as it would be if I edit it now.

Edit the page for Closer to God (halo), to credit the then-current lineup of NIN? In particular, track B of the cassette version, "March of the Pigs (live)". Trent Reznor, Robin Finck, Danny Lohner, Chris Vrenna, and James Woolley all did the performance on that particular track (which was taken from the performance music video).
    Done.

Edit the page for Richard Patrick, his Body of Work section? I think Closure should be added to it (it's already added on Danny Lohner's and Charlie Clouser's and Robin Finck's page). The other band members on Closure (James Woolley, Jeff Ward, Ron Musarra, probably other pre-1991 members) do not have a "Body of Work" subsection.
    Done.

Edit the page for Ron Musarra, adding in that he was thanked in the Pretty Hate Machine booklet? I think that was a crucial gesture. In addition, possibly adding in that he played drums on the original Purest Feeling demo? I don't have a source to back that up, but, you can hear a drummer shouting during a countdown at the start of "Sanctified", and I'm quite certain Musarra does the same thing on an old live video (forget which one or which band). Might be worth adding that to the Purest Feeling and "Sanctified" page as well, I dunno.
    Done, mentioned that he *may have* played on the PF demos.

Edit the page for Prick, and redirecting all mention of Kevin McMahon to that particular page? McMahon is the only former live member not to have his own page, but, the page of Prick should be okay. I think his brief 3 show stint should be mentioned on that page as well.
    Done.

2 last things:

-On the actual NIN page, under Members, Brian Liesegang is listed. It is said that he subbed for Lee Mars on a few shows. Is there a source for this? I actually tried asking Brian himself, and tried asking others on Reddit, but I got no response on both lol.

-Not a question really, but, I wanted to thank the person that included my old write-up on James Woolley into his page. It looks a lot better now!
    Changed the Lee Mars thing to *may have*, also rearranged some stuff on that section that's been bugging me. And it was me who put your stuff on the James Woolley page. You're very welcome!
    Last edited by piggy; 09-23-2020 at 04:23 AM.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Should we add these "Down In It" elements to the samples page on the wiki? We don't know where Keith LeBlanc and Adrian Sherwood sampled them from, so it's kind of nebulous.
    https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...197#post513197

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Definitely worth adding. I wish I remembered the name of a website that catalogued hundreds of Sherwood's sound pieces across all his projects...
    Meanwhile here's some related discussion: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/elec...m-samples.html
    '

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Ok, I've added stuff to the samples page with a disclaimer that LeBlanc and Sherwood had helped create the mix. I had also added a mention to the "Down In It" page.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    @piggy , should we mention on their respective pages that these exist for Less Than, The Background World, etc? -

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...553#post512553

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    @piggy , should we mention on their respective pages that these exist for Less Than, The Background World, etc? -

https://www.echoingthesound.org/comm...553#post512553
    Done and done. I had added the bit to the "Less Than" page, but only just now found out about the rest.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    Done and done. I had added the bit to the "Less Than" page, but only just now found out about the rest.
    Yeah, there was a CD with all the AV tracks as instrumentals: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/313195499178

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    @piggy @Leviathant , I messaged the seller asking if they would share the stems/instrumentals with the masses but this was the reply I received:

Hello.

No, sorry. That s the most unprofessional behavior a seller can do after someone have spend a huge amount of money on unreleased material. That would significant lower the value of these items and it would damage my reputation as a seller. In fact, I have discs for the rest of the songs on this album and there s a chance I will get more nin stuff in the future. I can t please a whole fandom, it s not my intention at all.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Haha, yeah, it's obvious his intention is to make as much money as possible.

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    lol at the seller saying unprofessional behaviour.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Why isn't he nuked with a cease-and-desist order from NIN camp yet?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    If i still lived in Miami I would have hunted him down! lol

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Let's just make a fake, albeit super convincing one and mail it to him, demanding he send in all his NIN-related items. We got any lawyers in here or anyone who can speak legalese? LOL

Mentioned
    398 Post(s)
    I'm guessing this is harder than it looks.

And fuck this guy - more than once I've reached out to someone selling a rare physical thing, asked about getting a digital copy, and the seller's been totally cool with it. I believe in both cases that come to mind, they even checked with the buyer.

It's also a clear indication that he's selling the intellectual property, and not the physical property. That has to count for something - although maybe you don't get stung until you do the deal.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    WHOA a new skin?

Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    WHOA a new skin?
    I love it!