Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Another Andor trailer.

Damn.
    Now this looks way better than the Kenobi series (I did not bother watching that one, based on the reviews here). The future of Star Wars content is in non-force users IMO, no one related to the Skywalkers. Mandalorian was a hit because of that. Hopefully Andor goes along those lines.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Andor looks infinitely better than what we just got with Boba & Obi Wan.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just finished up watching “Obi-Wan Kenobi” and… I liked it. I like how it ties in some of the larger themes and fills in some minor plot holes in the larger story so far.

I think it works better if you’ve watched “Star Wars: Rebels” (even if it takes place before that chronologically).

Did I care about the story... uh... no... not really. But again, since I'm on this binge o SW content, it seems to me that the point was to help smooth out the story between prequels and OG films a bit. For those who haven't watched Clone Wars, Bad Batch, Rebels to pick up on the details...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I can see why many people weren't too fond of Book of Boba Fett, but yeah, what's with all the Obi-Wan hate?. Andor does look pretty good, but I will say that I never found him to be a particularly likeable character in Rogue One, which presents a bit of an issue right off the bat.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I can see why many people weren't too fond of Book of Boba Fett, but yeah, what's with all the Obi-Wan hate?.
    this certainly didn't help...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Uhm... why?

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    The absurdity of the notion of dozens of people not noticing, the idea that Obi Wan would even try this & think it would work, etc.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    The absurdity of the notion of dozens of people not noticing, the idea that Obi Wan would even try this & think it would work, etc.
    Uhm... people all trained to do what they are told, especially when an alarm is going off (or one might call this "the general busyness of the situation", places to go and people to see... social engineering work like this quite a bit) and that majority of them are in Stormtrooper helmets, not exactly great for looking around. So, busy people coupled with a very large jacket, I think would work for a short time... and that's all they needed. Think of it less as a plan and more of a reaction.
    Last edited by MrLobster; 08-08-2022 at 02:59 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Ok, that scene was right out of a cartoon, yes. But overall, I really liked Obi-Wan. It was worthwhile for the Vader scenes alone.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Ok, that scene was right out of a cartoon, yes. But overall, I really liked Obi-Wan. It was worthwhile for the Vader scenes alone.

it was practically slapstick.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I just read that the first four episodes of Andor have good critic reviews, this is great news after what went down with Kenobi (from what I read in this thread and from friends I decided not to check it out, I barely watch series because of the time commitment, and if it's not good I'd rather not waste my time). I will check this out maybe next month, but at the moment I'm watching Station Eleven (the series).

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    ...this is great news after what went down with Kenobi (from what I read in this thread and from friends I decided not to check it out
    I personally really enjoyed Obi-Wan Kenobi. I think it's worth the watch for the Vader scenes alone. It's only 6 episodes, why not check it out and make up your own mind?
    I am really excited to check out Andor, though! From what I've read, it should be pretty good! I'm glad they made a conscious choice to put the story first and avoid fan-service.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loved it!

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    finally a decent sw show.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    So freakin' good! The soundtrack alone gave me the chills. The acting, the story, the dialogue, the sets, the effects, the cinematography... I'm shaking.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Watched 2.5 of the first 3 episodes. Really captivated by it so far. Minimal hand holding, minimal forced cuteness (as opposed to what they are giving us here with his droid, which just feels natural & not annoying).

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Man the ending of episode 3 was pretty intense. Very well done, and def. leaves you wanting more. Jazzed on the next NINE episodes!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    the ending of episode three reminds me of something...

It's like someone saw that and actually understood what George was trying to say better than he could have ever hoped. The buildup to the scene, the score, the visuals...it all came together in a way that was very cool.

I actually liked that you couldn't understand the lost boys on Kenari, it was refreshingly 'real' because you had no idea what was going on so you had to experience it live. I thought they were going to be a riff on Rey with their sticks and then suddenly they're tribesmen blowing darts at people. Did not expect that - I should have given I literally saw them dipping their darts - but since they were painting themselves I brushed it off as part of that. I'm sure that psychologically there's a reason for him destroying his reflection but I'm not smart enough to give analysis on that part, I just thought it was an interesting scene.

If I had anything to critique it would be the lack of past/present markers. They don't even key the scenes differently like most shows - which I guess can be a good thing because it makes you be an active watcher - but it was weird. The lack of keying paid off in the final scene because that would have been nauseating to watch so I guess they know better than I do.

The company prick reminds me so much of Iwan Rheon that I finally had to tell D+ let me watch the credits to see who that was.

vs.

also this part was pretty awesome.

Last edited by allegate; 09-23-2022 at 10:24 AM.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    If I had anything to critique it would be the lack of past/present markers.
    I guess they borrowed this trick from the first season of The Witcher.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I've really been enjoying Andor. Love the "street level" experience of how the Empire just destroyed lives. Just seeing others, outside of one of the big stars from the trilogies/Skywalker sagas. I never got around to watching the many animated series that many love. I'm sure they got into this as well, but, not to this extent. I look forward to seeing Andor continue to become more involved with the rebellion. Today's episode really hits home the level of oppression felt by average people. Devastating stuff...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I can't stop thinking about Andor, this show is absolutely top notch, the best Star Wars has ever been. So fucking good, probably my favorite (not including Kenobi, that flaws asides, is the sequel to Revenge of the Sith I have been so desperately craving since 2005) Star Wars since the Disney takeover. Every part of it, the Andor stuff, Dedra, all of the Mon Mothma scenes, Luthern, BEMO, I love Syrl Karn. If your a fan and haven't watched it you need to.

And if like me you are a prequel fan, check out Tales of the Jedi you will be glad you did... DOOKU!!!!!
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 11-01-2022 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    As a fan of the OG trilogy, Andor intrigues me merely based on the fact that as far as I know it doesn't shove [insert beloved classic character here] down my throat... It's a fucking galaxy yet they cannot take three steps without bumping into a skywalker.

I was on board with the Mandalorian, had that 80ies series feel to it, it was silly and nice, and then it's suddenly a fucking smorgasbord of cameos. This universe is apparently so bereft of any event of note that whenever something happens somewhere, the whole cast just swarms.

And I think it's running this franchise dry. It narrows the scope and recycles the tropes. At this point my ideal Star Wars story is one where there's not a force user in sight and the empire is merely a necessary backdrop, or even a distant nuisance.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Andy Serkis is the star of this last episode.... So freaking good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

hot damn at the cast.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    light spoiler for Andor tomorrow:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I can't get out of my head that I really hope that they won't try to connect Serkis' character in Andor to Snoke. I highly doubt it would be anything Gilroy would do, but I wouldn't put it past Disney to force it in as a tongue in cheek reference to Lucas' storytelling ethos.

But then again... I'm the guy who thinks that the scene that is generally regarded as the best scene in Rogue One is the worst scene of the entire franchise.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Damn but that was tense. amazing show. I was working on the assumption that Serkis was "I consider myself dead already" because of the whole recycling of inmates until death but it turns out that he knew if they escaped he couldn't swim so he was dead either way: He's going to be the only one left on station when backup arrives.

and then there's this: