Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiohead

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have a feeling the band has nothing to do with all this shit anyways, publishers, the label are making a fuss. Does radiohead even own the rights to creep now or is still capitol/warner?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Popular music: Everything's been done.

I finally picked up the 2LP + 2CD MSP today. I'd been meaning to since release but I could never find the money to set aside; had to have the big version as I feel absolutely in love with Spectre.

At this rate maybe I'll be able to afford OKNOTOK by next Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    If anybody wants some good sounding live Radiohead, this tublr page is an excellent resource.
    Dude. Thank you. I know quite a few songs like TLW have long, long histories as live numbers; I've made the decision to take the plunge into live concerts so if anyone wants to shoot specific show recommendations to highlight incredible versions or see how things evolved to their studio form I'm all ears.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How would you guys rate the Jonny Greenwood's scores? I haven't heard any of them (on their own, I've seen some of the films) and would like to get started.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    How would you guys rate the Jonny Greenwood's scores? I haven't heard any of them (on their own, I've seen some of the films) and would like to get started.
    At the moment I think Phantom Thread might be my favorite but don't know how much of that is recency coming into play. The Master was my favorite before that. You can't go wrong with any of them, though -- he's got an amazing talent at it and is one of the best people scoring films today.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    For me personally, There Will Be Blood is his best work. Start there, then go to The Master. Though, I guess, now that I'm thinking about it, just go in chronological order. It's really interesting seeing his progression as a composer throughout his film career.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    New Thom Yorke music...

Though one of the camera movements used in this "short film" heavily copies Clark's Peak Magnetic official video.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Am I the last person to know this happened? These are incredible time capsules, and so funny. Kinda like NIN's Dance Party USA appearance:

Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-05-2018 at 01:17 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Am I the last person to know this happened? These are incredible time capsules, and so funny. Kinda like NIN's Dance Party USA appearance:

What's that new Kendrick song got to do with Radiohead tho??

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    fixed!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone want more tour dates?

July 6 - Chicago, IL - United Center
    July 7 - Chicago, IL - United Center
    July 10 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 11 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 14 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden

July 16 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    July 17 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    July 19 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    July 20 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    July 22 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena
    July 23 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center
    July 25 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
    July 26 - Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena
    July 28 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    July 29 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    July 31 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    Aug 1 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    Last edited by halo eighteen; 02-24-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Anyone have ticket-buying advice for them? I’m accepting any spot I can get to any American city on that list, I’m just worried it’ll be like trying to buy tickets to Tool or something.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    No shows at the ATL? BOO!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Does anybody know how to get to the presale for tomorrow? I signed up for WASTE but I think it was too late; haven't gotten a link.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Managed to score GA tix to the first MSG show. Finally, after years of disappointing presales, I'm going to see this band.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    Managed to score GA tix to the first MSG show. Finally, after years of disappointing presales, I'm going to see this band.
    Somehow, so did I. I cannot fucking believe it. I’m so ecstatic it’s stupid. That presale wait was intense and I just barely managed to get through, I’m stunned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    No shows at the ATL? BOO!!!!!!!
    I'm frustrated that they aren't coming to St. Louis. I'm hoping for the both of us that there will be more dates added.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo eighteen View Post
    Anyone want more tour dates?

July 7 - Chicago, IL - United Center
    July 10 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 11 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 13 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
    July 16 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    July 17 - Montreal, QC - Bell Centre
    July 19 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    July 20 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
    July 22 - Detroit, MI - Little Caesars Arena
    July 23 - Columbus, OH - Schottenstein Center
    July 25 - Cincinnati, OH - US Bank Arena
    July 26 - Pittsburgh, PA - PPG Paints Arena
    July 28 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    July 29 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
    July 31 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    Aug 1 - Philadelphia, PA - Wells Fargo Center
    Three shows at MSG? Two shows at the Boston Garden? I like Radiohead and this isn't meant as knock, but is there THAT much demand for them? Are they that popular that 40k tickets will be sold in the Boston market?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Three shows at MSG? Two shows at the Boston Garden? I like Radiohead and this isn't meant as knock, but is there THAT much demand for them? Are they that popular that 40k tickets will be sold in the Boston market?
    I’m not a fan of them but yeah, they’re one of the better selling rock acts out there. The big festivals are more than happy when they headline.

I do <3 Pablo Honey however.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    hipsters love radiohead too, i bet they crawl all over manhattan these days.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Radiohead are massive dude. They could do more nights in these markets if they wanted. I am SUPER excited to see them. Still haven't seen them do any shows since their last excellent album came out...plus I imagine we'll get some of those tasty OK Computer b-sides!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Radiohead are massive dude. They could do more nights in these markets if they wanted. I am SUPER excited to see them. Still haven't seen them do any shows since their last excellent album came out...plus I imagine we'll get some of those tasty OK Computer b-sides!
    I'm actually considering going to one of the Boston shows, but like the Pumpkins, I question whether they bit off more than they can chew. But hell, I was shocked that Coldplay can fill stadiums.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I'm actually considering going to one of the Boston shows, but like the Pumpkins, I question whether they bit off more than they can chew. But hell, I was shocked that Coldplay can fill stadiums.
    I’d be pretty shocked if Radiohead doesn’t sell out all these shows fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’d be pretty shocked if Radiohead doesn’t sell out all these shows fairly quickly.
    I just don't see it. I mean, how many hit/iconic songs do they have? But what do I know? We will see.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    I just don't see it. I mean, how many hit/iconic songs do they have? But what do I know? We will see.
    quite a few (creep, just, fake plastic trees, karma police, & pyramid song, to name some of them), but they also have a very large and dedicated fan base. i've only met a handful of people who don't like radiohead. when i saw them the summer before my freshman year of high school and they were touring on amnesiac, they built their own god damn stage in grant park because millennium park didn't exist yet, and the show completely sold out. it was me, my mom, four friends, and one other parent who all went together for the show, and it was nuts. if they were playing somewhere with decent sound i would have gotten tickets to see them this year, because i haven't seen them since 2004 at alpine valley (which was a good show with mediocre sound).

anyway, point being, whether or not you love radiohead, there are a fuckton of people that do.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Here's a recent recap from their last couple years of touring (spoiler alert: they do sell out arenas, and without the utterly evil Live Nation promoting them).

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Managed to score a GA to their August 1st Philly show (the tour finale!). 118 bucks all in. Cannot wait. The real question is, should I also splurge on some MSG tickets tomorrow at noon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I got tickets for the Pittsburgh for both me and my girlfriend. I'm beyond excited, plus my birthday is a couple days after. I can't believe I'm going to see them.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Managed front row of upper bowl side section for Detroit due to Waste only having GA for sale... super excited that they're coming back!

*edit: Also 'second' Chicago added for July 6

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    So you can only buy tickets using your mobile device? No print at home or mailing ticket option? Fuck you, ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So you can only buy tickets using your mobile device? No print at home or mailing ticket option? Fuck you, ticketmaster.
    I don't like that shit either. I'm more old school of just buying a ticket at a ticket stand.