Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Community

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I love that they did an even darker crime drama episode. Well, as dark as an Ass Crack Bandit can be.

Anyone else feel really jarred by that abrupt switch to Pierce being dead, though? I feel like the episode's writer (I don't know who it was) got stuck in a corner and had to figure some way to cut the bandit storyline short. I dunno.

Great episode overall, though. God, Community is back.
    Last edited by gorast; 01-10-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I love that they did an even darker crime drama episode. Well, as dark as an Ass Crack Bandit can be.

Anyone else feel really jarred by that abrupt switch to Pierce being dead, though? I feel like the episode's writer (I don't know who it was) got stuck in a corner and had to figure some way to cut the bandit storyline short. I dunno.

Great episode overall, though. God, Community is back.

I agree the Pierce thing was out of place, but I don't think the writers were cutting the bandit story short.

Pierces death was definitely a out of place and upset the flow of the story(Troys departure will be better). But it was really just a way to pause the story. The ass crack bandit is still out there!!!!!! I think it's Annie, but they end indicated it could be anyone. We haven't seen the last of the ass crack bandit. Hell they might even be throwing us a real curveball and make the ass crack bandit Pierce....

Who faked a heart attacked.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    And that Pierce cameo, my God - I can't imagine how much Sony paid him to do that. He probably avoided Harmon like the plague while filming that bit.
    Dan Harmon said in an interview he personally asked Chase to do the cameo and he agreed. He did it in a separate studio against green screen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok this show is back and better than ever. A school wide "The Floor is Lava" episode?!? We're only one act in and this is great.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    when the advertisement for the Winter Olympics came on at the bottom of the screen I genuinely thought 'Woah, he's snowboarding on lava.....oh...'

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    "Mark Zuckerberg is Fidel Castro in flip-flops."

jesus christ i love this show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Started off really weird tonight, but got awesome really quick! Chang singing the subway song, the bit at the end, it was all good.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Seriously, fuck NBC in the face. They constantly fucked with this show until this last season.

NBC--We're the network that fucked over Conan AND Community.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, the ride's over. Was fun while it lasted.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    5 seasons was a pretty good run. The fact that it wasn't cancelled after season 3 or 4 (or well any of the seasons) is pretty impressive. I'll miss having new episodes to watch.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    We were so lucky to get 5 seasons with the ratings.... But it still feels like this show was taken off air to early. The loss of cast members and Behind the scenes BS really plauged the show, but man I hope netflix or somebody picks it up for another season.

#Sixseasonsandmovie

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Joel McHale is going to take over from Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Watched an episode this morning that had me cracking up. It was an anti-drugs school play, and Chevy Chase was Drugs. I ended up ordering all four seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Joel McHale is going to take over from Craig Ferguson on the Late Late Show.
    That is cool, but I like the Soup way more than pretty much every late night talk show. Ill give it a shot though. Still really hoping Netflix picks up community though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah apparently that's not true anymore... Vicious rumours etc

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Darkest timeline successfully avoided! Is a Donald Glover cameo too much to ask?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm sure he'll show up, maybe how Pierce did in season 5, but not dead.

Or maybe he'll be in the movie that absolutely has to happen now. There's no avoiding it.

Has anyone used Yahoo Screen before? Is it a decent platform?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I didn't even know Yahoo had a streaming platform, I thought they were pretty much down to IE toolbars, weather apps, and old peoples email addresses.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Re-watching the series... and laughing quite a bit.

Leonard is still great...
    and who can forget Garrett (CRISIS ALERT!)...

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Re-watching the series... and laughing quite a bit.

Leonard is still great...
    and who can forget Garrett (CRISIS ALERT!)...

every actor on that show is just so perfect at playing their character

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I still have my Greendale lanyard that holds my work ID, the Christmas figures, and of course, my Troy And Abed In The Morning mug.

I loved this show so much. Hope they do the movie someday soon.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    The more I think about it, the more I think season 6 is my favorite – it's definitely the one I've watched and thought about the most. Keith David and Paget Brewster were such great additions/characters.

The stingers ALONE in s6 were next-level. The Ayuban/Yakuza bit: incredible. The giant hand scene with Matt Besser: genius. The final scene with voice-over by Dan Harmon himself: heartbreaking and brilliant. COMMUNITY 4EVA.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah, I think Season 6 was really good. It gets a bad rap because it's clear that they were working on a more limited budget than previous seasons, but I think that actually helped them out in a lot of ways.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)

while i'm already a huge fan of hellraiser, this use of the line never fails to crack me up

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    "Wait, there are other time lines?" - delivery guy

"I'm a fake psychologist, not a fake ethnographer." - Dr. Heidi
    Last edited by MrLobster; 11-29-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yeah, I think Season 6 was really good. It gets a bad rap because it's clear that they were working on a more limited budget than previous seasons, but I think that actually helped them out in a lot of ways.

Agreed. Everyone else I know who liked this show seemed to really hate the last season, but I thought it was still fucking hilarious. In my line of work, the last show of a tour always has a much more lighthearted air to it. The crew are in high spirits, the band is often fucking around and just having a blast, and everyone is just plain having a good time. Season 6 had that kind of vibe to it - the "screw it, we're done, let's just do whatever we want and have a great time" mentality. And it worked.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Agreed. Everyone else I know who liked this show seemed to really hate the last season, but I thought it was still fucking hilarious. In my line of work, the last show of a tour always has a much more lighthearted air to it. The crew are in high spirits, the band is often fucking around and just having a blast, and everyone is just plain having a good time. Season 6 had that kind of vibe to it - the "screw it, we're done, let's just do whatever we want and have a great time" mentality. And it worked.
    Preach!!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)