Page 493 of 528 FirstFirst ... 393 443 483 491 492 493 494 495 503 ... LastLast
Results 14,761 to 14,790 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Dear Trent, please cover Shock the Monkey by Peter Gabriel. Thanks.
    i feel like that'd be a great HTDA cover!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I’ve been watching some concerts from 1994 and 1995, specially performances of Happiness in Slavery. Good lord those poor keyboards.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    I’ve been watching some concerts from 1994 and 1995, specially performances of Happiness in Slavery. Good lord those poor keyboards.
    They insulted his choice of corn starch... it was completely understandable.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    What was that one interview where TR explained "well, when the electronics fuck up, they deserve to be punished"?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    What was that one interview where TR explained "well, when the electronics fuck up, they deserve to be punished"?
    They're DX7s, they deserve whatever punishment is doled out regardless.

On the Fragility tour, they smashed so many of these they had to advertise on Sweetwater for more.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    @ 1:52

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    For you Self Destruct Tour keyboard enthusiasts out there:

http://web.archive.org/web/199904291...lbum_main.html

Shout out to IRC channel #amnin circa 1997 for the memories tied to this topic!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I just found the scope and thoroughness of the destruction fascinating. The only Self Destruct era concert I had watched through until now was Woodstock and some of the shows later in the tour make that one look tame lol.

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    For you Self Destruct Tour keyboard enthusiasts out there:

http://web.archive.org/web/199904291...lbum_main.html

Shout out to IRC channel #amnin circa 1997 for the memories tied to this topic!
    https://web.archive.org/web/19990209...b/album13.html
    My first show. I remember walking past that twisted pile of wreckage on the way out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    My first big concert, and first NIN was Nov '94. My older sister graciously took me and my bf, even though she wasn't as into NIN as I was. I think it was a Pinion intro, but Mr. Self Destruct was the chaotic beginning. I was right up against the rail with my sister and bf.
    My ears were ringing for a solid day after. Going to school the day after was weird. I had this TR image bootleg t-shirt I bought in Philadelphia in July '94. I couldn't hear much, but suddenly I was a not-so-anonymous goth kid.

I wish I could go back for that.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    My first big concert, and first NIN was Nov '94. My older sister graciously took me and my bf, even though she wasn't as into NIN as I was. I think it was a Pinion intro, but Mr. Self Destruct was the chaotic beginning. I was right up against the rail with my sister and bf.
    My ears were ringing for a solid day after. Going to school the day after was weird. I had this TR image bootleg t-shirt I bought in Philadelphia in July '94. I couldn't hear much, but suddenly I was a not-so-anonymous goth kid.

I wish I could go back for that.
    SO funny, my memory of Night of Nothing show with NIN in ATL is the same - walking out after the show feeling like my hearing was lost forever. It was such a small venue and the speakers were SO loud. I cannot imagine how Trent or any of these guys have ANY hearing left.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I’ve read something quite sinister on Twitter about QAnon’s early attempts to infiltrate groups and this guy says there was a 2003-2005 attempt to radicalise fans of ICP and NIN? I wasn’t around online till about 2007 so can anyone remember if this is a thing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I’ve read something quite sinister on Twitter about QAnon’s early attempts to infiltrate groups and this guy says there was a 2003-2005 attempt to radicalise fans of ICP and NIN? I wasn’t around online till about 2007 so can anyone remember if this is a thing?

If that is true, not only is it completely nuts, but it may have fuelled Trent's inspiration for Year Zero. Pure speculation of course!

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    If that is true, not only is it completely nuts, but it may have fuelled Trent's inspiration for Year Zero. Pure speculation of course!
    I’ve been reading a load of stuff about QAnon because of Marjorie Taylor Greene who is QAnon and shouted abuse at some poor lad involved in a school shooting which she says is a hoax and she’s on a fucking education committee for the Republicans and I came across this!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I read a Letterboxd review of Rush: Beyond the Lighted Stage, that used one of his quotes and all I could think of was "'concoction' is such a Trent word".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Just re-listened to Not The Actual Events and I am blown away at how good it is, I feel spoiled as a fan to get some thing like "Burning Bright" this late into Trent's career, some people felt like the EP was not heavy enough..which I don't get, some of these songs are heavy as fuck

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indefinite_Cure View Post
    NO, this is not true at ALL. Q-Anon was not a thing back then. It did not exist until October of 2017. It began in the bowels of the internet (4chan. etc.) as much of the Alt-Right and other bullshit originally excreted from.

So no, that was not a thing.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    NO, this is not true at ALL. Q-Anon was not a thing back then. It did not exist until October of 2017. It began in the bowels of the internet (4chan. etc.) as much of the Alt-Right and other bullshit originally excreted from.

Even without the qanon tie in, it's still not true. At no point in NIN's history has anything like that happened. Also, nothing else in that guy's twitter thread is true either. And outside of that thread, he posts a lot of other conspiracy theory bullshit as well.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Just re-listened to Not The Actual Events and I am blown away at how good it is, I feel spoiled as a fan to get some thing like "Burning Bright" this late into Trent's career, some people felt like the EP was not heavy enough..which I don't get, some of these songs are heavy as fuck
    After HTDA and Hesitation Marks (both of which I loved don't get me wrong) Not The Actual Events blew me away. Heavy, noisy, gritty sounding NIN found its way back to us. First time I listened to Burning Bright I put it on repeat for so long.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post

Fair enough I wasn’t online or using forums till 2007 but ETS was pretty shitty back then so it wouldn’t surprise me that’s all

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Fair enough I wasn’t online or using forums till 2007 but ETS was pretty shitty back then so it wouldn’t surprise me that’s all
    I remember originally joining the ETS back in 2007 (i had only got into the net as a thing in 2004, but this was the first forum i joined...actually one of the only ones!) I remember i caused a bit of an argument when i asked how likely a recording on one of the Brixton shows would show up. Some were angry i asked so soon after the show and others defended me for just asking and not demanding the info...i didn't come back for awhile lol.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I remember originally joining the ETS back in 2007 (i had only got into the net as a thing in 2004, but this was the first forum i joined...actually one of the only ones!) I remember i caused a bit of an argument when i asked how likely a recording on one of the Brixton shows would show up. Some were angry i asked so soon after the show and others defended me for just asking and not demanding the info...i didn't come back for awhile lol.
    It was just filled with people getting ludicrously angry over everything, I mean some of it was entertaining but not in a ‘I’d like to join in’ kind of way

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    semi-related: there's a message board I used to frequent and now only lurk because of how toxic the members got. they act like complete asses and then bitch like little kids when one of the abusive fucks get banned.

I now have all of those people on mute and there are sometimes entire pages of "this post is by someone on your list" and it's so much easier. until someone quotes them, ugh. lol

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    After HTDA and Hesitation Marks (both of which I loved don't get me wrong) Not The Actual Events blew me away. Heavy, noisy, gritty sounding NIN found its way back to us. First time I listened to Burning Bright I put it on repeat for so long.
    I have a very vivid memory of me listening to NTAE for the first time, it's probably one of the best album/EP launches I've ever experienced. Listening to Branches/Bones and The Idea Of You for the first time..dude I was SO happy, this was so fucking nasty and heavy and I never imagined Trent would ever scream like that ever again, it was like a dream come true. I always wanted NIN to put on this incredibly dark/slower more tense sound and they did it perfectly.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    semi-related: there's a message board I used to frequent and now only lurk because of how toxic the members got. they act like complete asses and then bitch like little kids when one of the abusive fucks get banned.

I now have all of those people on mute and there are sometimes entire pages of "this post is by someone on your list" and it's so much easier. until someone quotes them, ugh. lol
    Not to derail this tread but that sounds a lot like the few anime forums i joined...a lot of those places are filled with the worst people. Which sucks because i'd love to talk about anime, but not with the people on them

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It’ll probably never happen, but I think the live album of And All That Could Have Been would be incredible on vinyl. Would love for it to get an LP release, but won’t hold my breath.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    It’ll probably never happen, but I think the live album of And All That Could Have Been would be incredible on vinyl. Would love for it to get an LP release, but won’t hold my breath.
    as long as they fix the audio (or properly extract it from the DVD)

personally i'm more invested in Still eventually being pressed (which trent promised in...2017 at the Reckless Q&A)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    as long as they fix the audio (or properly extract it from the DVD)

personally i'm more invested in Still eventually being pressed (which trent promised in...2017 at the Reckless Q&A)
    Oh for sure, I think outside of grabbing the Slip which is still in "coming soon" mode ... finally getting Still on wax is what I'm most eager on. I watched the video below last night and it got me thinking to what a fun listen that album is.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    So I managed to smuggle some NIN coolnes into the promotional video of our school by scoring a scene with a song from Ghosts.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I love the Target "Buy 2 get 1 free" deals that happen for vinyl somewhat regularly. Snatched Deviations and Quake among my 3, and saved a good chunk of change.