Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 27 35 36 37 38 LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1122

Thread: Worlds of DC Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    It's definitely going to be an up and down ride, watching this. I like everything that has been shown so far, but I cannot help but feel icky, every time he is on screen.

Plus, watching the trailer again, why does Keaton's cowl look crooked? He looks a tad goofy with the "I'm Batman" scene.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I just started the final season of The Flash. How did they get me to play Boomerang? Almost a splitting image.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Sick!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Shazam wasn't as horrible as some of the reviews make it out to be but also it wasn't great. A little too much of the weird humor from the first one and I don't buy for a second that Billy is Shazam. It's like the kid is in a DCU movie and Shazam is in a Marvel one.

The movie was brutal. Actually, I had forgotten how brutal the first was until I watched the Pitch Meeting Revisited this morning so I guess that tracks but also...it's ostensibly a kids movie and in the first five minutes you have someone thrown headfirst into a marble plinth and it's a sickening sound and visual. OTOH it's so bland in some of the visuals. Lucy Liu and Helen Mirren were both wasted as these things that don't exist in DC. What a stupid idea for a movie, you know?

Also blink-and-you-miss-it the Annabelle doll is in the pediatrician's office, that made me laugh.

The Wonder Woman cameo was fine, I guess. Apparently it was fully revealed by commercials? That's not great DC. It's almost as good as the "Superman's back, baby!" press tour that lasted less than a week. I have less faith in the new hierarchy of power in the DCU.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    So I finally watched The Batman (it was all right) but I loved Colin Farrell's Penguin. I'll definitely check that out!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    So, Ben Affleck is an ass and dropped a major character spoiler for The Flash in an interview:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/03/enter...ash/index.html

Spoiler in the link so don't click it if you don't want to know (which is the majority of you) but it's likely that other sites than CNN will report it.

So BEWARE new articles about the Batfleck, whom we already knew was in the movie. Not nice, Benny; not nice at all!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Think that got spoiled already by Funko releasing news/images of that...character making an appearance, but may be mistaken on that lol.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yes please.

Also...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just watching the recut trailer for the '78 Superman movie they just put out...

I'm not even going to post it...

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    yeah. woof.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Last edited by october_midnight; 04-25-2023 at 02:10 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Flash was screened at CinemaCon and the first reviews are out:https://ew.com/movies/the-flash-firs...0EwIvuKo8n9Hr4

Apparently, it's good. Better than good, it's great. Better than great: one of the best DC movies ever.

Miller is excellent, Keaton is excellent, everyone is excellent.

Yep. It's good.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I saw something about how the tables have turned and it's DCs chances to shine while marvel is biffing left and right.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    finished watching "Batman Returns" for the first time in a long time, and while I do like just a little more than "Batman", there are a lot of that could have been better.
    There are some great dialogue performances (from Pfeiffer, DeVito and Walken mainly) but there's also some terrible ones.
    And then there's the happy cheesiness of some...

"GET IN THE DUCK!"

Costuming and make-up were fantastic.

Overall story was a bit weak but that may be a side-effect of putting so many characters in together (three villians and a team hero [with Alfred, who had precious little dialogue]).

And in some ways, it felt longer than it should have been. Still, I do like it.

And is just occurred to me, in this re-watching that Shrek did die from "too much power".

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    ...and also just finished rewatching RED and RED 2... they still make me laugh.

Sure, I like RED a touch bit more than RED 2.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    ...and also just finished rewatching RED and RED 2... they still make me laugh.

Sure, I like RED a touch bit more than RED 2.
    The first Red is criminally underrated. Damn, I love that flick, and one of Bruce Willis' best.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    It's been awhile, is Red the one where they spoil one of the deaths isn't actually a death so it's a useless beat in the film? I seem to recall the trailer basically giving that away in service of selling a joke in the trailer and it's so dumb.

That said it's one of Bruno's best dumb late-stage action movies along with GI Joe.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    For all the shit Marvel's been getting about their effects, this movie has been in production for over five years and it looks like a PS3 game. I don't care that it started filming in 2021, that's still two years of work to look like a cut scene from the Matrix burley brawl.

DC Extended Universe

Warner Bros. was planning a new shared universe of films based on DC Comics by July 2013, and had tentative plans to release a Flash film in 2016.[43] In October 2014, Warner Bros. and DC Films announced a slate of planned projects as part of the new DC Extended Universe (DCEU). The Flash was set for release on March 23, 2018,[44] with Ezra Miller set to star in the film as Barry Allen / The Flash

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'd like to see Michael Keaton make one final Batman movie. He's 71, but with the write script and Burton as director, it could work.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

I actually thought, based on the "ust" there, that it was a joke and they were making their own quotes to make fun of the style. But no: at :14 there's the "ust" pull quote. Jesus.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    "More smiles per hour, than expected."

"This movie will do bonkers."

"Ezra Miller is a Tour De Force."

Hahahahaha.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 06-13-2023 at 09:24 AM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    who doesn't love doing some bonkers from time to time?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loved it! Was it a great movie? No, but it was so much fucking fun!! I have been a DC fan for 35 years and I felt like this was a film directed towards me, for once! I was so invested in the Snyder films and this was a good enough send off for me.

And I can't believe they actually Spoiler: filmed a scene from Superman Lives
    for this! I can't remember the last time I cheered at a movie theater. Mind fucking blown. The Spoiler: Adam West and Christopher Reeve cameos were expected, but not Nick fuckin Cage fighting the Thanogarian Snare Beast!!!! I've been waiting to see him as Superman since I was a kid, and it was glorious. .
    Last edited by SM Rollinger; 06-18-2023 at 10:10 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My wife and I enjoyed it and for pretty much the same reasons. Enough groan moments and only a few rough CGI moments, but we were there to watch a goofy summer comic book movie and it delivered. Keaton ruled, pretty funny throughout…awesome cameos and yeah, what else do you want lol.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Holy shit. This movie is going to be one of the biggest box office bombs of all time. With a reported $200+ production budget, not counting the insane marketing costs and production delay costs, it barely even made in its opening weekend what Black Adam did. We're basically back in Green Lantern (2011) territory here.

I thought the movie was pretty bad, but I've also been sour on a lot of DC Movies for over a decade now — The Batman (2022) and Joker excluded. The movie had neat ideas but no real aim to nail any landing. Keaton is good, but that role could've been anyone. Few laughs, but boy I don't think I like Andy as a director. IT: Part 2 cringe vibes.

You're not missing anything if you skip it. I can't see a world where they let this dude continue to direct Brave and the Bold after this. I know the movie flopping isn't 100% his fault, but with all that manufactured hype WB did to get people invested in this, to see it stumble so badly has to be one of the biggest cases of egg on a company.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Critical Drinker's take on the film:

I'll probably see this when it's available for streaming.