Page 198 of 263 FirstFirst ... 98 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 248 ... LastLast
Results 5,911 to 5,940 of 7885

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've been fortunate enough to avoid ticketmaster for a long time. Tried to get tickets for an event for my sister and HOLY SHIT is that the worst version of their website ever. If you're going to recommend tickets for me to buy, due to the seats I selected being sold, reserve those tickets instead of continually bumping me back without allowing me to purchase anything, then kicking me back to the queue repeatedly. How, in 2018, is this system still so completely screwed up? I'd prefer their old system of "here's this random set of tickets we've reserved for you, want them or not"?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    I learned something weird about myself tonight, which is I apparently totally hate expressing really deep feelings of admiration/affection outside of dynamics that aren't already well established. I don't even mean romantically. Oh no.

The last time I experienced this was telling someone I loved them when I knew it wasn't mutual so I was like, of course that is supposed to be utterly unenjoyable. Well, turns out it wasn't the context so much as me just hating vulnerability paired with deep regard. Oh good.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    James Spader is unreal in The Blacklist. Literally the only reason I ran through that series on Netflix is because he is so incredibly captivating in that role.

This Spader hate is Fake News.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Minneapolis just got buried in like a foot and a half of snow. Goddamnit, it's the middle of April. It's supposed to be spring for Christ's sake. And now I'm hearing another 8 inches on Wednesday??!!?! ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?! This is wrong. This is morally wrong!!!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    James Spader is unreal in The Blacklist. Literally the only reason I ran through that series on Netflix is because he is so incredibly captivating in that role.

This Spader hate is Fake News.
    Amen, he was fucking AWESOME in Boston Legal, omg, and any notion that he's not awesome pisses me off

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Amen, he was fucking AWESOME in Boston Legal, omg, and any notion that he's not awesome pisses me off

Netflix needs to get this show back. I didn't "discover" this until the original airings were almost done, but as soon as Netflix had it, I burned through the whole series. Feels like forever ago. I need a repeat viewing, damnit!

(So, I guess the little thing that pisses me off is Netflix not having Boston Legal)

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    he's just so unattractive. to me, guys. no biggie.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Pisses me off: Libertarians

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    regarding James Spader, yeah, he's one of those actors that always bugged me... and I can't put my finger on why that is. Same with Shia LaBoof and Brendan Frazer... or any of the actors on that show Friends (especially THAT guy). Or the guy on How I Met Your Mother who isn't Neil Patrick Harris, whatever his name is. It's not like there's anything concrete I can point to that bugs me... it's not like they're awful human beings, like Rob Schneider or James Woods...

And now that I think about it, I'm realizing that there's no parallel for actresses who bother me in the same way.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 04-15-2018 at 08:19 PM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    regarding James Spader, yeah, he's one of those actors that always bugged me... and I can't put my finger on why that is. Same with Shia LaBoof and Brendan Frazer... or any of the actors on that show Friends (especially THAT guy). Or the guy on How I Met Your Mother who isn't Neil Patrick Harris, whatever his name is. It's not like there's anything concrete I can point to that bugs me... it's not like they're awful human beings, like Rob Schneider or James Woods...

And now that I think about it, I'm realizing that there's no parallel for actresses who bother me in the same way.
    what about roseanne? :/

@allegro libertarians are basically republicans who don't want to admit they're republicans. "i want this for me and i don't want to help anyone else because i lack a basic understanding of human empathy."

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    nah, I've now got reasons to dislike Roseanne... I really don't have a reason to hate Shia LaBoof.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    what about roseanne? :/

@allegro libertarians are basically republicans who don't want to admit they're republicans. "i want this for me and i don't want to help anyone else because i lack a basic understanding of human empathy."
    Not really. Libertarians are generally fiscally conservative and socially liberal. See the Koch Brothers, want to legalize pot, are pro-choice, think the government should stay out of bedrooms, etc. But, the Koch Brothers are often (erroneously) seen as anti-civil rights, only because they end up giving money to candidates who DON'T support those things; this doesn't mean they support those candidates' views, but more because there aren't any true Libertarian candidates and these Republicans are the Libertarian's "lesser of their evils." It's why many Libertarians end up voting for Republicans, because the Libertarian candidate (like Gary Johnson) sucked, or they're afraid of wasting a vote.

But, Libertarians piss me off because of the extent to which they want totally unregulated capitalism in this country, which has never been shown to work since the Industrial Revolution. Human GREED can never be trusted to be overcome, people can't be trusted to do "the right thing," otherwise we'd need NO laws (which of course is ridiculous). Severe Libertarians want SO few taxes that it's like they expect the country to operate on Monopoly money. Some of them still argue that the dollar and taxes aren't valid since we went off the gold standard, which is a bunch of CRAP. Gold is a substance with an arbitrary value, anyway; we could place a value on DIRT, too. Hey, fiscally, I'm with ya, let's AUDIT EVERYTHING! Let's hire private auditors and audit the auditors! Let's have auditors review the budgets! Let's get RID of baseline budgets! Fuck yeah! But they lose me on all the other shit.

They piss me off.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-16-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    well, the libertarians took a serious beating this weekend in the trump thread. i thought it was hilarious how there were three long posts in a row just annihilating libertarianism. it was almost like a coordinated military attack.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    coordinated military attack.
    I see what you did, there ... LOL

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Doing my taxes at midnight the day before they're due. Ugh. Stupid.

It's especially dumb of me because I'm getting a pretty decent return, so I have everything to gain by doing them sooner.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Doing my taxes at midnight the day before they're due. Ugh. Stupid.

It's especially dumb of me because I'm getting a pretty decent return, so I have everything to gain by doing them sooner.
    You should ESPECIALLY do them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE these days because IRS fraud is rampant, it has happened to somebody we know, scammers file the return ON YOUR BEHALF, electronically, and steal your refund.

They are now trying to prevent this by companies like H&R Block requiring driver's license numbers, so hopefully that works.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Fiscal quarters.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    was already feeling queasy tonight (and for most of the day), and then we heard our upstairs neighbors screaming at each other. i started having flashbacks of my abusive relationship and feeling extremely ill. i don't know what to do. that was a couple hours ago and it only lasted for about 10 minutes, but it was still awful.

i should also note that everything else about our new apartment is fantastic, and we are very happy here. but that...really fucked me up.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    fucksake. my friend, who is the father of pretty much my closest and oldest friend (of thirty years,) killed himself today.
    fuuuuuuuuuck.

i can't imagine what my homeboy is going through. he just keeps saying that he doesn't know what to do and can't believe that any of this is real.
    Last edited by elevenism; 04-19-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    having a casual acquaintance on social media who is constantly threatening to kill themselves, while ignoring any input from anyone, even things like "really, get off social media and please get some help."

Social media is NOT REAL. It's a facsimile. I hear you, but I can't guide you through it here, because this is just some echo chamber where we congratulate each other for thinking the same way we do and keeping up with whatever banal bullshit we're doing. Facebook isn't going to sweep in and save your life.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You should ESPECIALLY do them AS SOON AS POSSIBLE these days because IRS fraud is rampant, it has happened to somebody we know, scammers file the return ON YOUR BEHALF, electronically, and steal your refund.

They are now trying to prevent this by companies like H&R Block requiring driver's license numbers, so hopefully that works.
    Wow, I've never heard of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I think next year I'm going to try filing them online.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    having a casual acquaintance on social media who is constantly threatening to kill themselves, while ignoring any input from anyone, even things like "really, get off social media and please get some help."

Social media is NOT REAL. It's a facsimile. I hear you, but I can't guide you through it here, because this is just some echo chamber where we congratulate each other for thinking the same way we do and keeping up with whatever banal bullshit we're doing. Facebook isn't going to sweep in and save your life.
    I have called the police (white, so white, never when they aren't white, though I question that now a bit even in those cases) and called people's parents (when they aren't white) when people do this shit. If someone threatens suicide in front of me, I really cease to give a shit about them getting pissed off at me when the alternative is them maybe dying.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, I've never heard of that. Thanks for the heads up.

I think next year I'm going to try filing them online.
    I highly recommend it, using H&R Block or TurboTax is REALLY easy and safe. Employers and investment companies are, by law, required to provide your 1099 or W2 by January 31st each year. File your taxes asap after that.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-20-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    i got this message on facebook from some dude saying "WHY ARE YOU TRYING TO FUCK UP MY FAMILY?"

and i was like ummm, what?
    who are you?
    and he won't say anything else.

then i got to thinking about it, and there WAS this lady on a certain message board who was saying that she wanted to die and such because her boyfriend treated her so badly. i suggested that if this guy was beating her or whatever, that, idk, maybe she should leave? and i guess she did.
    so if it's THIS dude, then he's logged into his ex's facebook and possibly ets (which isn't at all creepy) and can fuck right off.

and if not, it's a case of mistaken identity.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    sitting here trying to have a discussion about things with my extended family, and having my brother's wife tell me there's no distinction between the layman dictionary definition of "theory" and a "scientific theory" and then her laughing and saying "well, I'm a scientist, so you tell me what I don't know!!! LOL"

She thinks creationism is a "scientific theory."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    sitting here trying to have a discussion about things with my extended family, and having my brother's wife tell me there's no distinction between the layman dictionary definition of "theory" and a "scientific theory" and then her laughing and saying "well, I'm a scientist, so you tell me what I don't know!!! LOL"

She thinks creationism is a "scientific theory."
    Well, there is Old Earth creationism, and you can be a scientist but still have religious beliefs. I mean, they can co-exist. Old Earth creationism takes the book of Genesis figuratively.

(aren't you asking for elevated blood pressure discussing this kind of shit at family gatherings? Egad)
    Last edited by allegro; 04-22-2018 at 09:56 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    When people believe in the "healing abilities" of Himalayan salt lamps. For fuck's sake.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheWiseJanitor View Post
    When people believe in the "healing abilities" of Himalayan salt lamps. For fuck's sake.
    I have a feeling that most of that shit works because people BELIEVE it works. My mom is into essential oils now and they work.
    I'm afraid that if I say anything about it, it won't work anymore.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I’m so goddamn tired of workplace politics.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Got the "your numbers suck" conversation I've been due for for a while. Should be able to get shit back on track but GOSH I LOVE CORPORATE RECRUITING AND DEPRESSION!