Page 42 of 44 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1303

Thread: The COVID-19 coping thread

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    the instagram yoga person i follow who claims to have had a stroke from their 2nd pfizer vaccine has been sharing “invermecin success stories”. which is so strange to me. i want to give them the benefit of the doubt and believe their vaccine injury story but how can you be antivax and pro-invermecin? it just doesn’t add up for me.
    Ok, I'll play. Who is the yoga instragram influencer? I follow quite a few yogis on instagram, and NONE of them have ventured into the covid vax territory.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Unfortunately, the modern-day North American yoga / 'wellness' community definitely has a radicalizing element in it these days that is brainwashing people.
    Only the shitty ones. I'm a dedicated yogi and follow a few prevalent yoga teachers on instagram. I haven't seen anything remotely anti-vax. If anything, they want people to get vaxed and back into the studios. And, a lot of the higher-up yoga teachers travel and teach workshops. So their better income flows from international travel/ teaching. I don't see any benefit for them with travel restrictions from the pandemic. They know how their bread is buttered.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Ok, I'll play. Who is the yoga instragram influencer? I follow quite a few yogis on instagram, and NONE of them have ventured into the covid vax territory.
    i’ll pm you. they’re local to atlanta. they had a stroke 10 days after the 2nd pfizer dose. she said her doctor says it’s from the vaccine. so i don’t want to discredit what she’s saying if that’s her experience. from what i know about the vaccines, a stroke is way less likely with the pfizer vaccine than with the j and j. so my internet opinion is it’s coincidence that she had the stroke but i’m not in this person’s shoes. my internet opinion isn’t helpful so i just try to be understanding. the invermecin success stories is a weird turn from antivax imo. i get advocating based on your own experience. i don’t get pushing an experimental drug over a tested vaccine.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Understood.

As for advocating invermecin over a vaccine.... What these idiots don't understand: They reject the vaccine because it's "experimental," but EVERY treatment for COVID *IS* experimental. It defies fucking logic. I just want to scream when people are trying shit that isn't proven, because they don't want a vaccine that.... *checks notes* 178 MILLION people have have two doses of. I mean. at that point....it's fairly more reliable than some weird treatment that HASN'T been tested on 178 million people.

Oh? And my anti-covid vax SIL in the UK has fallen ill with COVID for the last week, but she's "on the mend." SO it's all good for her and her anti-vax family. *shakes with rage*

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
    Understood.

As for advocating invermecin over a vaccine.... What these idiots don't understand: They reject the vaccine because it's "experimental," but EVERY treatment for COVID *IS* experimental. It defies fucking logic. I just want to scream when people are trying shit that isn't proven, because they don't want a vaccine that.... *checks notes* 178 MILLION people have have two doses of. I mean. at that point....it's fairly more reliable than some weird treatment that HASN'T been tested on 178 million people.

Oh? And my anti-covid vax SIL in the UK has fallen ill with COVID for the last week, but she's "on the mend." SO it's all good for her and her anti-vax family. *shakes with rage*
    Especially people who do it with a massive audience (*cough*JoeRogan*cough*) which will inevitably lead other people to do it. For God’s sake, at least keep it private if that’s what you’re doing.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tonight...

Tonight I'm not really coping. The massive increase in cases (FUCK YOU JASON KENNEY) along with federal and municipal election stuff have put me really on edge and so... I'm not really coping.

Still, we're keeping safe and that's the important thing in COVID-time.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Tonight...

Tonight I'm not really coping. The massive increase in cases (FUCK YOU JASON KENNEY) along with federal and municipal election stuff have put me really on edge and so... I'm not really coping.

Still, we're keeping safe and that's the important thing in COVID-time.
    Sending over a virtual hug to you and a bird-flip to Kenney.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

oh schadenfreude, is there nothing you can't make better?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And now her Twitter account is suspended.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Lost the first (and hopefully only) friend to covid today.
    She was the mother of the only serious boyfriend my mom has had since my dad left her. HE died like twelve years ago when the pair of them caught a nasty strain of pneumonia. She was a sort of mother in law for my mom and a grandmother figure to me, and of course, my mom and I bonded with her all the more after her son's untimely death.
    She was pretty damn old and just didn't get better.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Condolences.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I'm so sorry to hear

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m sorry @elevenism . That really sucks.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I’m so perplexed by how (and why) people I know who otherwise seem rational are desperately eating disinformation about the vaccine. Friends have posted bullshit things like “I respect your choice to take the vaccine, respect my choice not to.” Then they “back it up” with intentionally skewed data. One friend was linking to a page where Robert F Kennedy jr was selling a book called The Real Anthony Fauci or something, and then his friends are all agreeing with this bs and ironically saying things like “omg follow the money!” when you try to unpack the nonsense.

Follow the money? Like from book sales where people peddle conspiracy theories?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yeah, if any one of them unironically 'followed the money' they'd have to hate themselves for a very long time.

sorta-related:

Last edited by allegate; 09-27-2021 at 10:52 AM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    ugh, that guy's comics are so obnoxious. It's not even about a political disagreement or something. His style is just bullshit and the "jokes" are about as clever as Carrotop.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Hey guys, what's this?
    Politics · Trending
    Brett Kavanaugh
    Justice Kavanaugh tests positive for COVID-19, the Supreme Court announces
    Trending with Squee
    love the extra at the end there. however, any potential glee is cut short by knowing that we the taxpayers are paying for his care and he's going to get the same super shot that Trump did. sigh.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Spoiler: CVS's pharmacies are fine, but I much prefer their [censored]s.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I missed you guys during lockdown. <3

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've started to notice a distinct decrease in people posting online... I mean, sure, things do slow down from time to time but now I'm starting to think of it as a population decrease due to COVID... an alternative theory is that people are just fed up with it. Other things to worry about.

Wonder what year three will look like......... now that governments are hopefully starting to recognize that it's fucking mistake to drop mask mandates for the general public when case numbers go slightly down. Still have a lot of work with vaccinating people and until then, community immunity will still be a unicorn next to a pot o' gold at the end of a rainbow.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    I've started to notice a distinct decrease in people posting online... I mean, sure, things do slow down from time to time but now I'm starting to think of it as a population decrease due to COVID... an alternative theory is that people are just fed up with it. Other things to worry about.
    With the people around me, at least, it seems that everyone is back to their pre-COVID lives pretty hardcore and they're burned out. Like, my best friends who were able to talk with me frequently during the first year of the pandemic, are now never available and life has gone back to kicking their asses. Even just getting someone to respond to a text sometimes seems to be more like pulling teeth than it was before. I also think that a lot of people's relationships with social media changed when they saw sociopolitical dissonance among their friends and families. I'm sure some would rather go on a social media diet/detox than potentially end up in a fight with someone, or end up being directed to algorithm-driven content that will only deepen these issues.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Spoiler: "This plan may sound appealing to people who know a little about the immune system, but the drawbacks are clear to people who know a lot about the immune system and also to people who don't know anything about it."
    Last edited by allegate; 12-21-2021 at 09:46 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    we cope by laughing, right?

Monday night we went to the river with some friends and their kids to watch the Christmas boats and we had a good time. It wasn't too crowded, everyone was a respectful distance from each other, it was great. Then the next day we get a call from the dad saying that the high school called him with the message that his son had been in close contact with someone who was positive for Covid. Wouldn't tell him anything like a date or even a time frame so we could make an educated decision as to whether we should worry or not. Seems counterproductive to just scare someone.