Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: The Xbox Thread

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Seems like they completely did away with installation as well. Cool idea, but it doesn't bother me too much that they're doing away with it. Now, maybe i'll consider buying it next tax season. Definitely not getting it at launch now, but i'll probably end up getting it sooner than later now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    More than anything it just shows how un-necessary all those policies were in the first place.
    "Oh, you don't like us shitting down your neck about things you paid for? Sorry about that!"

Like I said before, come november no-one will remember any of this bollocks. I'd be wary about this happening again down the line with both consoles, but its all going to be people shouting "Killzone!" "COD" "FORZA" "DRIVECLUB" "KINECT" "PRICE" until then...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So people got what they wanted. They listened to everyone and people are still hating?
    Yes, I am. They thought initially that they could fuck us all over- what does that say about their intentions? What does that say about what could still happen to this system? I don't want any bad surprises on its limitations. I'm looking forward to getting a 3DSxl, a WiiU, and a PS4.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    DAMN! Shit is spicy in video game town these days! Holy shit! They really needed to do this to stay in the game.

That said some of the damage is done. Microsoft is now a wounded brand and theyll have to do more than this to win back trust. Theyll still have to do something about Sonys pricepoint which, realistically was a bigger threat than their shitty policies. The kinect thing too...

This does make the difference, as far as i am concerned between having the console be an option in the future, or not.

Also:
    Irony: having to connect to the internet to download a patch so that you dont have to connect to the internet. Thats a thing.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 06-19-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    So people got what they wanted. They listened to everyone and people are still hating?
    Who's hating? I think it's the smartest thing they could have done at this point... even if it was pretty much a no-brainer.
    I'm still waiting for someone to write an idiotic article about how it was an "obvious PR move that was made at the last minute."

Also, does this mean that the shared library feature is done? I was onboard for that idea.
    I would assume it will still work for games that you purchase digitally.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 06-19-2013 at 04:36 PM.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Actually shared library is dead except for maybe digital games.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I'm definitely warming up now to the idea of owning an Xbox One, it just needs to be $100 cheaper now and come without Kinect (i don't care how "integral" it is to the system...don't care about the voice activation BS, I'm not that lazy i can push the buttons on the fucking controller thanks)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nice! I think it's great that they reversed their policies. I was on verge of pre-ordering PS4, but now I'm thinking of ordering Xbox One instead. My "previous gen" console was Xbox 360 and I really liked it, because of the exclusive games and the controller is much better than PS3's. Only downside on Xbox I could think of was the Xbox Live, Gold wasn't really worth the money, well until now that they are giving free games like PS+ and I really hope they'll continue doing this on Xbox One too.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    because of the exclusive games and the controller is much better than PS3's.
    I've never had a problem with the PS3 controller, but at least now the new Xbox controller has a d-pad that looks like it might actually function in some capacity.

I don't agree about the exclusives really either, but that's all preference.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Everyone Can Shut The Fuck Up Now

Already posted. Eh.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 06-19-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I wonder if this is less about the consumer and more for the publisher. As a publisher, I would not like the sharing with ten people idea at all. So I think Microsoft threw everything out there, saw the reaction from both sides, and then made a final decision.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I've never had a problem with the PS3 controller...
    It's kind of crappy sometimes for us smaller-handed folk. I find my hands sore after long playing sessions.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    The only reason Microsoft did this was because people didn't shut the fuck up. Well, that and the fact that they were probably losing dramatically in pre orders.

Maybe if people keep up the complaining, they'll get rid of the mandatory Kinect bullshit too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    The only reason Microsoft did this was because people didn't shut the fuck up. Well, that and the fact that they were probably losing dramatically in pre orders.

Maybe if people keep up the complaining, they'll get rid of the mandatory Kinect bullshit too.
    Cool I guess but then every massive tool would be a hypocrite going to get Xbox One now due to these changes after they slandered it.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Cool I guess but then every massive tool would be a hypocrite going to get Xbox One now due to these changes after they slandered it.
    Not if the reason they were slandering it was because they didn't like the previous policies that they just changed. That's the opposite of a hypocrite.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Jesus you'd think some people were actually upset that the DRM and internet check-ins were getting removed. That's just ridiculous, anyone who supports practices like those whether it affects them or not needs their head examined.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not if the reason they were slandering it was because they didn't like the previous policies that they just changed. That's the opposite of a hypocrite.
    The amount of gratuitous, mindless slandering on EVERY Xbox outlet over the past week wasn't warranted. The amount of shit I seen that "swore allegiance to Sony," seeing them buy an Xbox One instead would be hilariously hypocritical.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    Jesus you'd think some people were actually upset that the DRM and internet check-ins were getting removed. That's just ridiculous, anyone who supports practices like those whether it affects them or not needs their head examined.
    I wasn't all too crazy about it but it didn't bother me 1/8th it did like most of the people that blew it up to Universe sized proportions.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    There is no way microsoft caved in on this without real publisher support. I'm assuming they got it and went forward with a backtrack. A bit shocking to be honest, i've heard first hand from major publishers they wanted this.

The community uproar worked. There's still no way some of their models can be adjusted, i think they're just saying they wont personally enforce some of the policies but allow the developers to do it for them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    The amount of gratuitous, mindless slandering on EVERY Xbox outlet over the past week wasn't warranted. The amount of shit I seen that "swore allegiance to Sony," seeing them buy an Xbox One instead would be hilariously hypocritical.

I wasn't all too crazy about it but it didn't bother me 1/8th it did like most of the people that blew it up to Universe sized proportions.
    Without the non-stop bitching from people, MS probably wouldn't have even made the choice to get rid of all their bullshit.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    The amount of shit I seen that "swore allegiance to Sony,"
    Anyone who "swears allegiance" to any video game system has bigger problems than hypocrisy.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    Without the non-stop bitching from people, MS probably wouldn't have even made the choice to get rid of all their bullshit.
    No and by their right they shouldn't have to. But then again it is 2013 and money is the almighty ruler of every outlet no matter what so I'm not surprised. No, I didn't condone them doing their practices either.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    yah but some of those things really made sense. the problem was choice. they didn't allow a choice, or at least an illusion of choice (key the matrix theme) and the backlash was severe.

someones probably getting fired over the messaging aspect.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've never had a problem with the PS3 controller, but at least now the new Xbox controller has a d-pad that looks like it might actually function in some capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    It's kind of crappy sometimes for us smaller-handed folk. I find my hands sore after long playing sessions.
    What Tea said is basically the reason why I don't like the PS3 controller. PS4 controller is a step to right direction, it seems more ergonomic, but the stick/d-pad layout is still the same. And because of the positioning of the sticks it's slightly awkward to play with PS controller. I'll admit that the original x360 d-pad wasn't that great, but it's mostly used for some simple stuff like item shortcuts or some other simple commands, so it doesn't bother me.

Oh and the X360 exclusives, now that I think, there weren't that many interesting exclusive games to me on both consoles when I bought x360. So, basically Mass Effect (when it was xbox exclusive) and Forza (+ controller) were the things that made me buy xbox.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I still think that being $100 cheaper is the hammer in the backyard brawl that is the console war. If I hadn't already ordered PS4, I would still be leaning that way for that reason even, and I'm admitting something here, in the face of better exclusives on Microsofts console. For now. PS3 EASILY had better exclusives over 360

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    PS3 EASILY had better exclusives over 360
    Yeah, I'm in this camp. Still, I'm not that excited about any exclusive titles that are coming out for either of the new systems, except for Planetside 2. At this point I really just want Final Fantasy XV, and that's coming out for both.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    PS3 EASILY had better exclusives over 360
    Agreed. All my friends say otherwise and I don't get it. PS3 had a lot better exclusives than the 360 had. The only thing the 360 had going for it that interested me was Alan Wake and that was it and that's on PC. Gears and Halo have never interested me in the slightest.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Agreed. All my friends say otherwise and I don't get it. PS3 had a lot better exclusives than the 360 had. The only thing the 360 had going for it that interested me was Alan Wake and that was it and that's on PC. Gears and Halo have never interested me in the slightest.
    There were some 360 exclusive games I liked. Shadow Complex, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia (unless you're like me and just imported the jp version for PS3), and Dead Rising. I don't really care about Halo or Gears of War either though, so the PS3's library wins hands down for me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Well at least now it's shifting more towards the exclusive titles one wants instead of other bullshit. At least that's a better reason to disagree on console choice. Personally, I'm pumped for TitanFall and Dead Rising 3 but if ya dig the PS4 titles, all the power to ya.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Right now as far as titles go, PS4 ONLY has Infamous, which would be my no. 1 exclusive series, so it's a big one. XBox has more: Titanfall (probably timed), Halo, Killer Instinct, maybe dead rising. Ok that's a thing. Microsoft has the better front end list. But Quantic Dream, Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Level 5, Santa Monica.... the list of awesome Playstation exclusive developers that will come eventually. If i didn't have a machine for Ni No Kuni, The Last of Us, God of War, Infamous... that wouldn't sit well.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)

Re: The Xbox Thread

They both have their fair share of exclusives. PS4 has Infamous, Killzone, etc. Microsoft has the games from Remedy, and other things. Both don't look bad with exclusives.