Page 86 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 76 84 85 86 87 88 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,580 of 3008

Thread: Deftones

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    Hearts/Wires is better than anything on Adrenaline and it is a banger without being overly heavy every single track. Adrenaline is a mess.

Shit... Even Doomed User and Gore surpasses anything on Adrenaline.
    Yeah but you're also talking about music written by men in their forties VS music written by kids in their teens. Not exactly the most fair comparison.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/deftones-ohms/

Pitchfork with a 7.6 for Ohms.....Excellent review for an excellent album

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post

And Pitchfork gave Gore got a 7.8

"Gore is easily Deftones’ most engaging record since White Pony, filled with carefully crafted hooks disguised as bridges and transition. As with all of their best music, it sounds like the brutal, beautiful result of the band being passionate enough to rip each other’s heads off."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What a strange fight to have...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Let me know when Gore has songs that rank alongside 'Nosebleed' 'Lifter' 'Bored' 'Root' 'Minus Blindfold' 'Birthmark' and 'Fireal'. Talk about banger after banger.....
    I hate Nosebleed and Bored, actually. Which btw, when my cats electric water dish runs out of water, the gears sound like the riff from bored lol.

I do love those other songs, but I think many would rank among most of the tracks in gore, though. I think at least Doomed User ranks above anything on that album, and perhaps the title track, and maybe hearts wires... And at the risk of drawing some ire, Geometric Headdress.

Gotta say maybe this discussion has me moving adrenaline up from the bottom of my list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

"Gore is easily Deftones’ most engaging record since White Pony, filled with carefully crafted hooks disguised as bridges and transition. As with all of their best music, it sounds like the brutal, beautiful result of the band being passionate enough to rip each other’s heads off."
    Since when was Pitchfork a reliable source? 7.6 for Ohms and 7.8 for Gore (and 2.0 for The Fragile) both sound like a joke.

Suddenly, the band’s two driving instincts are no longer in tension at all, but perfectly natural complements, each lifting and twirling the other like partners in the world’s most brutal figure skating routine.
    The world's most brutal figure skating routine?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Acid Hologram is better than anything on Adrenaline. One of my favorite Deftones songs.

ETA: In fact, here are my top 10 Deftones songs that none of you asked for:

Acid Hologram
    Battle Axe
    Prince
    Lovers
    Rickets
    Kimdracula
    Leathers
    Change
    Pink Maggit
    Tempest
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 10-01-2020 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

BUT BUT BUT that can't be right! They had NO TIME to record that album. It was rushed and unfinished and doesn't have a lot of loud, angry guitars and..

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    What the hell is going on in this thread? Adrenaline is the worst Deftones album. By far. It’s the only one I never listen to or own.

Pitchfork is NOT a source.

Please don’t turn this into the Manson thread.

Aw, it’s always so nice when Dildogorgon facepalms a post. It’s the tell tale sign you are doing a good thing!
    Last edited by Swykk; 10-01-2020 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Pitchfork is NOT a source.

Please don’t turn this into the Manson thread.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Pitchfork is meaningless yet Trent throws a tantrum every time he gets a bad review. Chino also threw a tantrum when Crosses got a bad review. Clearly musicians pay attention to what they say

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yeah but you're also talking about music written by men in their forties VS music written by kids in their teens. Not exactly the most fair comparison.
    Around the Fur was only 2 years after Adrenaline... Their age would make that album another unfair comparison?

Gore and White Pony would be more fair for them being Deftones most experimental records (Of course imo) and Gore shits all over that album. White Pony sounds like it was recorded by teenagers, but that's just me lol.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-01-2020 at 11:33 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Acid Hologram is better than anything on Adrenaline. One of my favorite Deftones songs
    Acid Hologram is a damn good song. I also love the hated Pittura Infamante. Then again, Everything was one of my favorite tracks off Hesitation Marks and we all know how the hordes reacted to that and ruined it for everyone.

Add Doomed User, Geometric Headdress, Xenon, (L)MIRL, Gore... well, the whole album.

Me, when I listen to Gore...
    Last edited by neorev; 10-01-2020 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Pssst, guys...
    It's okay when different people like different music.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Gore Vs Adrenaline ding ding ding Round 1!

Irony is Chino has done several interviews the last few months where he shits on Gore AND Adrenaline and says how he doesn't care for either one lmao

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Pssst, guys...
    It's okay when different people like different music.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    just got an e-mail "from abe"

Thanks to our incredible fans, we have raised over $107K for the UC Davis Children’s Hospital and Crew Nation. These organizations help fund lifesaving research and pediatric services, as well as support the music industry’s vital crew members, whose livelihood have been impacted by COVID-19. Thousands of adopted dots have helped make this possible – let’s keep going. Join us in supporting these two great causes and adopt your dot(s) on the Ohms album cover today.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Gore Vs Adrenaline ding ding ding Round 1!

Irony is Chino has done several interviews the last few months where he shits on Gore AND Adrenaline and says how he doesn't care for either one lmao
    This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe
    Thanks to our incredible fans, we have raised over $107K for the UC Davis Children’s Hospital and Crew Nation. These organizations help fund lifesaving research and pediatric services, as well as support the music industry’s vital crew members, whose livelihood have been impacted by COVID-19. Thousands of adopted dots have helped make this possible – let’s keep going. Join us in supporting these two great causes and adopt your dot(s) on the Ohms album cover today.
    I was just about to share this! Awesome to have been part of this cause. Cool they are still going on with it.
    Last edited by Self.Destructive.Pattern; 10-01-2020 at 08:57 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Honestly, there are some songs on Adrenaline that i'd rather listen to then some of the songs on Gore. One Weak, Birthmark, Fireal and Fist. I'd take those over songs like Xenon.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    The clownboy needledrop just decimated the new album. He should stick to soundcloud mumble rap trash. He clearly knows jack shit about Deftones

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    He doesn't know much of anything about music honestly.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It's okay if he doesn't like it. You can still like it lol. I trust that Fantano gives most records a chance and sometimes he simply doesn't connect with it. It's fine.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Of course he did. It's not the new rap album that's straight fire. He's a joke.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    oh for god sakes, i knew this was going to come up. Look, he didn't like the album, who cares. I don't know why you guys act so immature when someone dislikes an album like this. He clearly DOES know a lot about music, he does WAY more than just rap albums, there is nothing wrong with liking this new age of rap, I myself like some of it. The guys even said that he loves Around the Fur, White Pony and Saturday Night Wrist, which is his fave one. Of course i disagree with giving it a 3 but thats just an opinion. I'm probably younger than most of you all here but it appears im the one acting the most my age when it comes to someone not liking an album you all seem to love.

In fact, here, i'll upset you guys more. If it wasn't for about 4 songs off White Pony, i would call the album Trash.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Because he sounded like a moron and totally clueless. In the same review where he says Ohms is shit, he basically called Diamond Eyes, KNY, and Gore a piece of shit as well. So basically he admits he hates every single Deftones album post 2006 even though a MAJORITY of the fanbase thinks these are primo records. He sounds uneducated in his knowledge of Deftones. It would be like having a former NIN fan who dropped off after Fragile, come back and do a NIN album review for Bad Witch and then start out the review by saying WT, YZ, Slip, and Hes Marks are all pieces of shit. How can you take the review seriously? The dude is clearly biased and he let his bias affect his review. He should stick to jacking off over his Fetty Wap albums

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Because he sounded like a moron and totally clueless. In the same review where he says Ohms is shit, he basically called Diamond Eyes, KNY, and Gore a piece of shit as well. So basically he admits he hates every single Deftones album post 2006 even though a MAJORITY of the fanbase thinks these are primo records. He sounds uneducated in his knowledge of Deftones. It would be like having a former NIN fan who dropped off after Fragile, come back and do a NIN album review for Bad Witch and then start out the review by saying WT, YZ, Slip, and Hes Marks are all pieces of shit. How can you take the review seriously? The dude is clearly biased and he let his bias affect his review. He should stick to jacking off over his Fetty Wap albums

Okay? I dont see whats wrong with that. I also think Hes marks is a piece of shit and Year Zero hardly has any good songs on it. Please, enjoy all those albums. HEVEN FORBID ANYONE HAVE A MUSICAL OPINION. It's just not for him, and that's fine. The dude listens to countless other bands (THATS NOT JUST RAP) and given hos musical preference, i cant say im not too surprised why he doesn't like it. He also did not say KNY is a peice of shit. He gave it a 6/10. I also despise Gore, as most people already know, but that's mostly an production issue. I dont see any bias at all.

Trust me, i have a lot of more unpopular opinions about Deftones then HE probably does

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    This is the only bad review of the album I have come across and it left me a little dumbfounded. He has a right to his opinion. Remember that this is the same guy who gave My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy a really low score. I don't agree and many people do not either. Look at the likes to dislikes ratio on his video.

This record is not for the YouTube Bourgeois! This record is for the people!
    Last edited by mfte; 10-02-2020 at 10:48 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    lmao @ anyone giving a shit what Fatano thinks about anything. Who is this guy again..?

Ffs, given my propensity for triggering people by merely stating an opinion, I need to start a Youtube channel where all I do is pontificate about what music appeals to me and what music sucks. I'd amass two million followers in no time, not to mention dress a lot better for my videos..

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    You are allowed to dislike the new album, but a 3?, i disagree with Fantano completely, but hey, whatever doesn't ruin the album for me...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm not upset about Fantano. I think he's out of touch and has a bias against anything rock related. I don't watch his videos nor will I. What I hear of his review is just unsurprising to me.

As a reviewer, I think he's a pretentious hack.

I love the new album. Someone with a different opinion, idiotic or not, isn't going to change that.

Personally, I think reviewers shouldn't be taken too seriously to begin with. It's the actual people/fans who you should pay attention to. Not some half ass review because a guy wants to get paid for it.