Page 369 of 528 FirstFirst ... 269 319 359 367 368 369 370 371 379 419 469 ... LastLast
Results 11,041 to 11,070 of 15828

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    *Finally* hung my Fragile poster in my home office

Good taste, here's mine...

Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 07-12-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    ^^ OMG Yoda!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Part 4 of The Defiant Ones going into shitty Beats By Dre headphones completely ruined the whole thing for me. Sleezy businessman overcharging consumers for a crappy product. What a way to ruin a legacy.

"Changing music from buying to accessing."

Ugh!

Disappointing end to an interesting series.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-12-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Schema View Post
    If you think about it, there might not be a better time in the future to play the perfect drug live.

They've been on Twin Peaks...
    I thought for certain this was going to be a lip syncing comment.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    ^^ OMG Yoda!!
    i always forget how tiny that dog is until i see that picture again

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Part 4 of The Defiant Ones going into shitty Beats By Dre headphones completely ruined the whole thing for me. Sleezy businessman overcharging consumers for a crappy product. What a way to ruin a legacy.

"Changing music from buying to accessing."

Ugh!

Disappointing end to an interesting series.
    Get real. Beats headphones are the best. They're made by the Dr. himself.

(*Eagerly awaits Neorev's vicious rebuttal on why Beats by Dre do, in fact, suck ass*)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettybrokenspiral View Post
    Get real. Beats headphones are the best. They're made by the Dr. himself.

(*Eagerly awaits Neorev's vicious rebuttal on why Beats by Dre do, in fact, suck ass*)
    LOL, well, they're really headphones that cost under $20 with over-exaggerated low frequencies...

$200 Beats headphones actually cost just $18 to make

https://www.techspot.com/news/61060-...t-18-make.html

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/di...o-make.759663/
    Last edited by neorev; 07-13-2017 at 12:18 AM.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    LOL, well, they're really headphones that cost under $20 with over-exaggerated low frequencies...

$200 Beats headphones actually cost just $18 to make

https://www.techspot.com/news/61060-...t-18-make.html

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/di...o-make.759663/
    I've never been impressed with them.

The earbuds, surprisingly, gave me some nice depth and clarity when I had a pair years ago. But they quickly degraded physically and that didn't sit well with me.

The more costly models were a different story. I remember donning a pair to listen to Year Zero shortly after its release and it sounded like listening to Year Zero inside of a fucking cave. Or through a wall. That was decisively not pleasant.

And then when all the stuff came out about how cheap and overpriced they in fact were, well...yea. They're terrible, lol

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just checked out Less Than today, and it still reminded me why I still follow Nine Inch Nails. (I also liked how the video gave me some F-Zero and Star Fox vibes. I also made sure to look it up and see that it was Polybius though, but being a NIN fan that likes those franchises just helped me picture F-Zero and Star Fox as well.)

At this point, I'm sure I'd most likely follow NIN for life. Not that I doubted it, but I feel the same way about NIN exactly the way I first did when I first heard of NIN in 2002. Although, even by then, I missed out on so much. *Say, obviously in comparison to the fans that were there even long before The Fragile was even a thought.*

It's mostly an emotional thing as well. Always has been. I'll admit that sometimes I get burnt out too, in spite of my addiction, but I keep returning because NIN really does make me feel like no other, to the point where I felt exactly the same way I did when I first heard any of his works. It really is still hard for me to explain. However, I'm also still sure that being able to listen to NIN through thick and thin is still an enormous factor in regards to all of that.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-13-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Halo Infinity View Post
    I feel the same way about NIN exactly the way I first did when I first heard of NIN in 2002. Although, even by then, I missed out on so much.
    Heh, I discovered NIN 'round 1995, just as the Outside tour with Bowie was basically already wrapped up. I still shake my fist at the missed opportunities! Was a long, long wait for The Fragile.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @xolotl - I was wondering about that as well. I often guessed it was best for those that were able to catch NIN at least no later than 1993. The longevity as well as the loyalty and passion of the fan-base still amazes me. Although, I'm sure it's been obviously so much easier to notice, thanks to the likes of ETS.

Part of wondering what Trent will come up with next is always a treat. There seems to have been unique experiences and memories attached to every single major release too. (Which is also why I also look forward to seeing how the releases are also received as they age too.)

Trent also got me used to waiting for his work too. I got so used to expecting nothing, that it hardly bothers me, although I still understand why it could create so much suspense and/or frustration, and not to mention confusion.

For me, as long as the previous release isn't older than 5 whole years, I should be very thankful. Should the previous release have aged 5 whole years, I also just interpret it as another day in the office/business as usual. Any more years than that, and well. Off to Guns N' Roses and Tool territory we go.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 07-13-2017 at 11:28 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Looking through old interviews, I found this quote from an interview Trent did for Alternative Press in 2003. This was the Bleedthrough era:

"The record explores loss and possible discovery of self," says Trent Reznor about the follow-up to 1999's The Fragile, "along with alternate layers of reality and perception set inside a nightmare you can't seem to wake up from; with lots of feedback."
    Seems conceptually relevant to the current EP cycle.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    All I can think right now is zomg surprise show!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    There is not 1 NIN song from the past 12 years that I ever listen to. The Fragile is immature. TDS and With Teeth are the only albums that endure for me. That's where I am in the state of NIN.

Less Than is super generic NIN. This is my opinion. It's just absolutely generic.

NIN is no longer part of my musical ecosystem. To me it's that group that I listened to in high school. Trent's lyrics are atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. That's my opinion. Less Than merges atrocious generic lyrics with super generic NINian song structure and sound.

I don't know why NIN gets a pass with most music critics. Fancy production does not equal good songs. All Trent has is sound design talent now as far as I'm concerned. Hang up the gloves Trent. It's over. Create sounds for younger artists to use. Your formula is tired. Your age has limited your range. Your brain has lost its neuroplasticity. I feel embarassed listening to cheesy "superhero" themes shit out by Trent again and again since the year 2000. Deep, Less Than, all of Year Zero, Came Back Haunted...

Rant over. NIF. Nine Inch Fails.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    NIN is no longer part of my musical ecosystem.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    . I feel embarassed listening to cheesy "superhero" themes shit out by Trent again and again since the year 2000. Deep, Less Than, all of Year Zero, Came Back Haunted...
    "cheesy super hero themes ... Came Back Haunted"

What?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    We mentioned Bill elsewhere and he came back!

seriously though, super hero themes?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    There is not 1 NIN song from the past 12 years that I ever listen to. The Fragile is immature. TDS and With Teeth are the only albums that endure for me. That's where I am in the state of NIN.

Less Than is super generic NIN. This is my opinion. It's just absolutely generic.

NIN is no longer part of my musical ecosystem. To me it's that group that I listened to in high school. Trent's lyrics are atrocious. Absolutely atrocious. That's my opinion. Less Than merges atrocious generic lyrics with super generic NINian song structure and sound.

I don't know why NIN gets a pass with most music critics. Fancy production does not equal good songs. All Trent has is sound design talent now as far as I'm concerned. Hang up the gloves Trent. It's over. Create sounds for younger artists to use. Your formula is tired. Your age has limited your range. Your brain has lost its neuroplasticity. I feel embarassed listening to cheesy "superhero" themes shit out by Trent again and again since the year 2000. Deep, Less Than, all of Year Zero, Came Back Haunted...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Personally the whole post-With Teeth / pre-Not The Actual Events period hasn't been my favorite NIN time either. There's a great album hidden in there somewhere with the right choice of tracks. But I haven't been moved emotionally like before. I got that feeling again with Not The Actual Events. As for the new single, I am currently on the fence. It hasn't grabbed me like the first EP. I kinda wish we didn't have a single/video before the actual EP. I would have rather heard it new on the spot in the context of the EP. I have to admit my excitement for the next EP has deminished slightly with Less Than. But I still hold out hope.
    Last edited by neorev; 07-14-2017 at 02:40 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Personally the whole post-With Teeth / pre-Not The Actual Events period hasn't been my favorite NIN time either. There's a great album hidden in there somewhere with the right choice of tracks. But I haven't been moved emotionally like before. I got that feeling again with Not The Actual Events. As for the new single, I am currently on the fence. It hasn't grabbed me like the first EP. I kinda wish we didn't have a single/video before the actual EP. I would have rather heard it new on the spot in the context of the EP. I have to admit my excitement for the next EP has deminished slightly with Less Than. But I still hold out hope.
    Not The Actual Events really felt like a second coming to me, I absolutely loved parts of With_Teeth, especially the three last songs, parts of Year Zero moved me deeply and Hesitation Marks moved me to various forms of emotions. It felt like a roller coster.

But NTAE was something else, it felt like listening to TDS for the first time again.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Not The Actual Events really felt like a second coming to me, I absolutely loved parts of With_Teeth, especially the three last songs, parts of Year Zero moved me deeply and Hesitation Marks moved me to various forms of emotions. It felt like a roller coster.

But NTAE was something else, it felt like listening to TDS for the first time again.
    Yeah NTAE was definitely something else. I remember when I first put on With Teeth. All The Love In The World began and it literally brought a smile to my face because I was just so excited by what I was hearing. NTAE did the same, like "This is the Trent I missed." I could really feel the emotion through the music. For me, I just could not get into Year Zero. I did like My Violent Heart. As for Hesitation Marks... Satellite and In Two, but that was it. Pretty much how it was for me with post-With Teeth releases. I'd like a track or two here and there. The production just didn't translate the emotion over to me. It just felt cold and empty.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    "This is the Trent I missed."
    Same here. I described NTAE as not necessarily my favorite NIN release since 1999 but the one I've been waiting for since then.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cheddamash View Post
    “quit fucking around”

All 4 episodes of The Defiant Ones are great! I marathoned through it all last night/this morning. Super interesting stories, great editing, great music/scoring. TR is primarily in episode 3 and I really appreciated the NIN/MM music placed over the Dre/current rap scene story and the Dre/Eminem music over the NIN/MM story. It fit really well. And yes, Gottleib is still very much punchable. TR’s comments on him are classic.
    It was great but would have been nice with more NIN stuff considering how integral they were to Interscopes success in the 90s....the special seemed to veer off into the NWA story a little too much in the 1st couple episodes.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Nice to see Gottleib is still so punchable.
    Man, I love to kick that guy in the nuts and take all of his money. What a bitch.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    I have a very strong feeling that Trent will be bringing back "Happiness in Slavery" to the setlist this year in some form or another.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm not sure why you would think that. But I would love that old school chaotic HiS performance.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Fuckin lolz at that Cashpiles post

Nine Inch Fails

I'm dead..

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

NIN is no longer part of my musical ecosystem....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Looking through old interviews, I found this quote from an interview Trent did for Alternative Press in 2003. This was the Bleedthrough era:

Seems conceptually relevant to the current EP cycle.
    Maybe we've been asleep this WHOLE TIME!! (dun dun duuuuunnn) And that's why he said "everyone seems to be asleep." We've been unknowingly living the longest ARG of all time.