Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rage Against The Machine

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsChrisRoss View Post
    Sounds like it was a resell. Not the normal retail price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope. Apparently they’re trying to combat resellers by pricing out 10% of seats, “Official RATM Charity Ticket”. I don’t care if the band isn’t keeping most of that cash and where it’s going- the pricing is insane. Go take a look at the El Paso show where flood seats are over $1,000.00. For that kind of coin the purchaser should be able to pick where the money goes. Would rather take chances with scalpers.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, some floor tickets opened up for the Portland, OR show earlier. Only $520 EACH, what a steal! (they were the "Official RATM Charity Tickets")

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    So things are about to get a whole lot more interesting regarding these tickets I tried to buy earlier today...

So, I logged onto my online banking tonight to see if something came out of my account, and I noticed that I had 16 transactions from Ticketleader take out $193.75 (the price of the RATM ticket I tried to buy earlier).
    13 of them are pending on my mastercard and 3 of them came straight out of my bank acct because I changed to my VISA debit to try that card instead when the mastercard didn't work.

So now I spent $3,100 on RATM tickets and I didn't actually get any tickets out of it... the transaction timed out and kept fucking up, then the timer ticked down and I lost my ticket, so the transaction never went through. Yet they charged me. I called my bank, they said that there wasn't much they could do and to call Ticketleader (the company handling the sales of these tickets. Not ticketmaster, ticketleader, something else) and hope for the best...

I really don't like where this is going. Am I fucked out of $3000 here? I mean, I shouldn't be responsible for paying that if they never physically sold me anything in return. Would I be wasting time and money if i hired a lawyer to sue them? Just curious what to do here if this joke of a company decides to say the charges are valid. Anyone have any advice on this? It's 4am and I'm heading to bed, but I'll be calling this "ticketleader" first thing when I get up tomorrow... Wish me the best. I have a feeling I'm going to be jumping though some major hoops to get my money back here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    So things are about to get a whole lot more interesting regarding these tickets I tried to buy earlier today...

So, I logged onto my online banking tonight to see if something came out of my account, and I noticed that I had 16 transactions from Ticketleader take out $193.75 (the price of the RATM ticket I tried to buy earlier).
    13 of them are pending on my mastercard and 3 of them came straight out of my bank acct because I changed to my VISA debit to try that card instead when the mastercard didn't work.

So now I spent $3,100 on RATM tickets and I didn't actually get any tickets out of it... the transaction timed out and kept fucking up, then the timer ticked down and I lost my ticket, so the transaction never went through. Yet they charged me. I called my bank, they said that there wasn't much they could do and to call Ticketleader (the company handling the sales of these tickets. Not ticketmaster, ticketleader, something else) and hope for the best...

I really don't like where this is going. Am I fucked out of $3000 here? I mean, I shouldn't be responsible for paying that if they never physically sold me anything in return. Would I be wasting time and money if i hired a lawyer to sue them? Just curious what to do here if this joke of a company decides to say the charges are valid. Anyone have any advice on this? It's 4am and I'm heading to bed, but I'll be calling this "ticketleader" first thing when I get up tomorrow... Wish me the best. I have a feeling I'm going to be jumping though some major hoops to get my money back here.
    Most have a ticket limit of four, so at the least they should cancel most of the tickets if not all.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    This article is hysterical

"The band has stated that the best way to fight against social and economic injustice is to price poor people completely out of the market."

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Is the Mastercard a credit or debit card? If it's a credit card, the Fair Credit Billing Act allows for the dispute of charges within 60 days of the receipt of the bill containing the disputed charges. Needs to be done in writing.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    This article is hysterical

"The band has stated that the best way to fight against social and economic injustice is to price poor people completely out of the market."
    Yeah, I don't understand this pricing. I get it, they have to make a living, musicians don't make money off of record sales/spotify plays anymore and they need to tour, supply v demand (they haven't toured in a while, so supply has been scarce and demand high, so they can price the tickets a lot higher because of the demand), and yes, they are donating some of that money to charity, and yes, they are bringing out Run the Jewels, a top live act. Plus, inflation, yes. But still...they won't be doing Tool/Rammstein levels of stage production (where yes, that price point is justified).

For a band so associated with the left...jeez. I could understand a price point between $75~$125.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got free tickets. Fuck you I won't pay what you tell me.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)

Is ticketleader the off brand Ticketmaster?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    Is the Mastercard a credit or debit card? If it's a credit card, the Fair Credit Billing Act allows for the dispute of charges within 60 days of the receipt of the bill containing the disputed charges. Needs to be done in writing.
    It's two separate cards. I tried a MasterCard (actual credit card) and once that wasn't working I changed to my debit card to try, and that failed as well. 13 times on the MasterCard. 3 times on the debit card.

Is ticketleader the off brand Ticketmaster?
    It's not really affiliated w/ ticketmaster at all. It's like the poor man's version of ticketmaster, I guess lol. Just a random ticketing agency in town that only deals with this one venue. It's not a country wide company, just local to Vancouver.

Anyway, I called them this morning. The claim that none of the transactions actually went through and should fall off/be rejected within 3 business days. I'll just have to keep an eye on it to see if they do or not.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViN View Post
    I got free tickets. Fuck you I won't pay what you tell me.
    I'm getting paid to be there. Fuck me, I guess. I'm part of the machine.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Will anyone be seeing them at Bluesfest in Ottawa? i would rather not and prefer an arena show but cutting out travel and accommodation costs of going to Toronto might end up being cheaper for me.

Looks like February 19 at 10AM will be my only shot for the best priced tickets as the way they have it run down on their site they have 2 presale tiers at $1XX and $2XX, regular tickets end up going to $3XX. If i miss that lower tier i ain't fucking going LOL
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 02-14-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Scored a decent pair in Calgary. Almost $400cdn. Ouch.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Fucking scalpers and resellers, I just checked StubHub for the show here in Sioux Falls...

-1564 tickets available (venue capacity is 13,000. That's 12% of the tickets!)
    -Floor tickets range from $293 to $818, $900, and $6300!

Fuck! Take into account the bands 10% charity tickets and leaves just over 10,000 available for the general public. They should have done physical tickets sales only, make people line up ala Physical World style.

(So when Tom said they "stopped 85% of the scalpers" he was right!)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    They should have done physical tickets sales only, make people line up ala Physical World style.
    I remember Foo Fighters doing this back on the tour when Dave sat in the throne for every show. Tickets were only available at the venue box office, no service fees. It was smooth as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    For a band so associated with the left...
    But that explains exactly what the left is all about, lol. You be miserable while I get your money and pretend I care for your rights.

RATM is pathetic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthier View Post
    But that explains exactly what the left is all about, lol. You be miserable while I get your money and pretend I care for your rights.

RATM is pathetic.
    Why are you here wasting your time if you hate them so much?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Unrelated but I just scored tickets to Faith No More in August!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Unrelated but I just scored tickets to Faith No More in August!

Damn! I wish I could score tickets to events.
    Then again, that show ain't coming to me... Was more so still sour about not getting RATM tickets.

In other news, the 13 pending transactions for the attempted RATM tickets on my mastercard fell off, but the 3 that I tried with my debit bank account are still there. It's my understanding that the bank account ones are a little more tricky to deal with. Will give it a couple more days and call the ticket company and my bank back again.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Glad to hear at least some of the transactions went away.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    SUCCESS!

I got in on the $105 1-DAY presale tix for July 17th @ Bluesfest

CA$136.65 total

I am going to see RATM! FUCK YEAH!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    more dates added yesterday....2 more MSG dates! that makes 5 total. They better plan on switching setlists up a decent amount during that part of the run. Would have been cooler for them to add a show not too far away, like Baltimore, upstate NY or something. Whatever.

Last week I was able to pull 1 GA ticket for 8/11 at MSG, and I will be watching the show sidestage on 8/10 through my friend. Pumped, but I might sell my GA ticket if it's clear they're gonna play the same shit every night. If I do, would anyone here be interested in a Tues 8/11 GA ticket at MSG? We can discuss in a few months once we see setlists for the summer leg.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I’m trying to prepare myself mentally for the huge amount of disappointment I’m going to have when they cancel or postpone these shows in the coming days because of this fucking virus.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post
    I’m trying to prepare myself mentally for the huge amount of disappointment I’m going to have when they cancel or postpone these shows in the coming days because of this fucking virus.

Me too, the last time I tried to see them (w/Beastie Boys) they broke up. Now Coachella is either postponed or cancelled.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia View Post

Same. I'm basically telling myself that the show will NOT happen, just to ease the pain, but fuck man. I've waited soooooooooo long to see Rage. And now this stupid virus is out here raging against the vaccine.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Same. I'm basically telling myself that the show will NOT happen, just to ease the pain, but fuck man. I've waited soooooooooo long to see Rage. And now this stupid virus is out here raging against the vaccine.
    I have a ticket to see the Stones in Minneapolis a week after Rage is supposed to play here in Sioux falls, I don't think that one is gonna happen either.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I have a ticket to see the Stones in Minneapolis a week after Rage is supposed to play here in Sioux falls, I don't think that one is gonna happen either.
    I have a ticket for TOOL a few weeks after Rage that I'm betting will be be caput too. Damnit, man. Rage I can see postponing. Something tells me if Tool pulls the plug, that's just going to be a straight up cancelation.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If they postpone the shows, I will be super sad, but at least I can still hopefully look forward to them in the summer or fall. If they flat out cancel them I’d be shocked. My kids (who we’re taking to EP show) actually cried when I told them yesterday they might get postponed. I feel you, little dudes.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah I doubt Rage will cancel outright. If anything, I would imagine they will reschedule the tour around the rescheduled Coachella dates. They made too much damn money and press off of this reunion just to call it off. I've waited since 1996 to see Rage, I can wait another few months if I have to, I suppose. But it's certainly a major fuckbummer.