Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The TV Shows (Spoilers)

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I read about this last night and as a big fan of the MCU and a big believer in Feige, I'm very excited about this prospect! Maybe he's the one who will finally make a Shadows of the Empire movie?
    who do we want as Dash Rendar? i'd vote for either Dan Stevens (a la The Guest) or Jensen Ackles

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Press release for the Mandalorian with release dates and season finale.

Clickety click!

CanÄt wait for this one!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I both cannot wait and really depressed about The Mandalorian, mainly as we won't be getting Disney + til next year so i can't watch it until everyone else has seen it! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    I both cannot wait and really depressed about The Mandalorian, mainly as we won't be getting Disney + til next year so i can't watch it until everyone else has seen it! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    torrent that shit dunny. I ain't payin' for no Disney Plus.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    It's a stupid decision anyway to roll out Disney+ so late in 2020 in Europe (apart from the Netherlands).... the original shows will be plastered around the net within no time. So yeah, streaming it from somewhere else or torrenting it, will cost Disney alot of potential subscribers.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Well the GoT guys are OUT...wonder if the ending to that had something to do with that?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    According to them and Kathleen Kennedy it's scheduling conflicts with Star Wars and Netflix projects each taking up too much time. Word is they are open to work together in some form or another.

But yeah, it gets tedious with all the news about Rian Johnson, Kevin Feige... I'm not really invested in any of this as long as there is no confirmation on what the new trilogy/trilogies will be... let me dive deep into the Mandalorian first and then Kenobi. Or maybe let's see first how Rise of Skywalker does, hm?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    stuff like this may have had a say in it:

not a good look for their style of show-running, and probably not a good look for a movie production.

sometimes I wish Hollywood was less butt kissy so that Disney could say "we got rid of them because of ____" instead of "it's a mutual decision and we're all very happy with each other and hope everyone does well in the future". Just burn those damn bridges. You have more money than God so it's not like you're going to be hard up for talent if you piss some off.

And maybe fewer people would get 2nd 3rd 8th chances after being an asshole.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    stuff like this may have had a say in it:

not a good look for their style of show-running, and probably not a good look for a movie production.

sometimes I wish Hollywood was less butt kissy so that Disney could say "we got rid of them because of ____" instead of "it's a mutual decision and we're all very happy with each other and hope everyone does well in the future". Just burn those damn bridges. You have more money than God so it's not like you're going to be hard up for talent if you piss some off.

And maybe fewer people would get 2nd 3rd 8th chances after being an asshole.
    Holy shit, it's amazing the first few seasons were as good as they were! It sounds like they didn't have a fucking clue what they were doing!

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Word online is that today Lucasfilm has cancelled the planned Obi-Wan series starring Ewan McGregor before it even got out of the gate. No word from Disney yet as it was to air on Disney+ but I'm sure we'll hear more very soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Word online is that today Lucasfilm has cancelled the planned Obi-Wan series starring Ewan McGregor before it even got out of the gate. No word from Disney yet as it was to air on Disney+ but I'm sure we'll hear more very soon.
    Awww... Ewan is going to be so bummed if that's true.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Say it ain't so. I was really looking forward to that. Way more than the Cassian Andor one (at least K-2SO will be in it, though).

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Say it ain't so. I was really looking forward to that. Way more than the Cassian Andor one (at least K-2SO will be in it, though).
    Word now is that McGregor’s camp has confirmed....... That it’s all dogshit! Filming still slated to start spring/summer. Blessed be.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Word now is that McGregor’s camp has confirmed....... That it’s all dogshit! Filming still slated to start spring/summer. Blessed be.
    I don't know what to believe...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Yep it’s unfortunately true. Word is now that Kennedy felt it was too similar to The Mandalorian (Obi Wan protecting a young Luke) and it’s also now apparently going to just be a 4 episode miniseries.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Yep it’s unfortunately true. Word is now that Kennedy felt it was too similar to The Mandalorian (Obi Wan protecting a young Luke) and it’s also now apparently going to just be a 4 episode miniseries.
    If that's the case i'm not too bummed for that, they clearly want to get this right rather then just what some might consider just another Mandalorian. We all want more Obi-Wan, but there's no point if it's not any good/has a good story to tell.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    I want Kennedy's job security. This is beyond abszrd at this point. Does ANYONE read these scripts before they throw millions into producing it??

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah it's really incredible how many times they've restarted, reshot, recast, director change etc these movies. No wonder there's no continuity.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I think the lesson learned here is to not get excited about anything Disney Star Wars related because it will either get canceled or "your expectations will get subverted." Fuck this shit.

Alternatively I wasn't the least bit excited about the Mandalorian in the lead up to its release, but that turned out to be gold. That's why I'm keeping my expectations low for the Clone Wars final season... Can't get let down if you don't expect it to be good in the first place.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Ewan McGregor says that "it's just slipped to next year, that's all."

He went on to say:
    "The scripts are really good. I think that so now that Episode IX came out and everyone at Lucasfilm’s got more time to look to spend on the writing, they felt like they wanted more time to write the episodes. I read about 80-90 percent of what they’ve written so far and it’s really, really good."

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Now that the actor who starred in all 3 prequel movies told us that the script is really good, I am hyped up like crazy. Ewan would never act in a Star Wars movie with shitty script and dialogues.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Now that the actor who starred in all 3 prequel movies told us that the script is really good, I am hyped up like crazy. Ewan would never act in a Star Wars movie with shitty script and dialogues.

sometimes simple sarcasm really is the best form of humor

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Whoa.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I honestly didn't think it looked that great. Maybe I'm in the minority? Blade Runner meets Star Wars sounds great on paper, but the execution was lacking IMO.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Glad this didn't happen... I get a bad 2000-is TV show feeling from it and the CGI reminds me too much of the prequels, but worse. Very happy we got something like the Mandalorian instead.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So I assume the shitty camera movements are because it was just a test? That's the worst thing in that footage. The scond is that it's boring as fuck.

It reminded be of how I wish someone would nail Nar Shaddaa, because that planet alone has potential for a series of movies or an enitre TV show.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    ... You guys do know that test footage looks shitty because it hasn't been mastered or anything, right? For a 2005-ish TV show, it looks fine. This was part of a pitch that obviously didn't go anywhere at the time, but the potential is there for a post-prequel era TV show. Besides, I think we ended up seeing a similar concept of this scene at the beginning of Rogue One when Cassian meets up with his informant that he wastes once stormtroopers found them.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This involves a spoiler for the comics

Spoiler: apparently Padme turns out to be alive in a post empire scene in the recent Vader comic. This series has a very serious problem with leaving bodies in the ground and now the only thing dead isnits integrity

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    This involves a spoiler for the comics

Spoiler: apparently Padme turns out to be alive in a post empire scene in the recent Vader comic. This series has a very serious problem with leaving bodies in the ground and now the only thing dead isnits integrity
    "You think that's air you're breathing?"