Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Gone Girl (2014)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    I hope there are some more aggressive tracks on this soundtrack. So far everything I've heard is super slow and quiet; I certainly hope the entire score isn't like that.
    It's a score for a movie- meant to provide ambience and feelings for specific scenes- not the next Slayer album.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    It'll probly launch for preorder tomorrow. Ironically, we will never discover that it was supposed to launch today, but was delayed due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Of course there will be aggressive tracks.
    The Social Network wasn't exactly an action movie, not even a thriller, but it still had plenty of uptempo and aggressive music. And then there was TGWTDT...
    There also may be some awesome music not included in the film (e.g. Oraculum)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GanduGains View Post
    Clearly you didn't hear the scores for Social Network and Dragon Tattoo, both of which had several aggressive tracks.
    Yeah, clearly I havent. ::rolls_eyes::

I'm on many flights a week and catch up on sleep on them, when Im listening to music I have TSN and GWTDT on shuffle to sleep to- kind of "calming" in a way even though some of it can be dubbed for Halloween music. Personally I wouldn't call any of it aggressive but maybe my definition of that term is different from others.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    The film gets a good review in the Daily Telegraph
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...-fun-mode.html

I particularly like that it says the score is 'voloptuous' and Angelo Badlamenti-ish

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Crying at people not understanding how banks work on weekends.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I hate modlife so fucking hard...*cough*...hey, modlife, please take this sweaty fistful of money and promise promise (for real and no fooling) that you'll, eventually, send me a chipped/bent/warped vinyl, okay?

Maybe THIS time, it will be different...

*runs away, sobbing*

I'll never learn...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Folks, let's stay on topic, thanks.

Everyone who posted links to the pre-order page had a sneaking suspicion that it wasn't ready for prime-time, but went ahead and linked to it anyway. I'm sure someone doing product entry got an earful and had a shitty weekend because of it. I definitely saw increasing names CCd as emails went back and forth correcting this mistake on Saturday. Kudos on your scoops, @FernandoDante and @ninperu , I'm sure it was exciting for you too.

Everyone placed their orders on Friday, going into Saturday. Banks certainly don't do much on the weekend, and I'm guessing most people at ModLife don't (usually) work weekends. Have patience, @jhulud , your refund is on the way. The official announcement is obviously coming this week.
    In all honesty, I thought the pre-order was going live then and there. When I saw that it was a hidden page, I removed the word "pre-order" from my Antiquiet story. I kept the tracklist because hey, it's just a tracklist and barely anyone cares anyway. I don't think even Consequence of Sound saw it. I haven't looked that hard, but I don't think any other site ran with that information (or the Sep 30th release date).

Remember when someone found a last.fm account that was scrobbling Welcome Oblivion way ahead of release, and that's how we found out about the tracklist? No one saw that story either.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FernandoDante View Post
    In all honesty, I thought the pre-order was going live then and there. When I saw that it was a hidden page, I removed the word "pre-order" from my Antiquiet story. I kept the tracklist because hey, it's just a tracklist and barely anyone cares anyway. I don't think even Consequence of Sound saw it. I haven't looked that hard, but I don't think any other site ran with that information (or the Sep 30th release date).

Remember when someone found a last.fm account that was scrobbling Welcome Oblivion way ahead of release, and that's how we found out about the tracklist? No one saw that story either.
    last.fm is such a troublemaker like that

Don't mind me too much, I'm just being a whiny cunt. You were quick on the draw to remove the word pre-order, although you do still have links up to the now defunct product listing. I'm only giving you a hard time because I care! The only reason I have an email address to contact about stuff like this is because I followed the steps I outlined earlier whenever I came across information that wasn't meant to be public. Share a little without giving the game away, and eventually a "Where'd you get that?" email shows up in your inbox. Overshare, and with this particular camp, you're likely to get a "Fuck you" email - or Facebook comment - instead.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Personally I think the ARG for YZ played a big part in people being unsure of whether information is wanting to be found and released / leaked or a big cock up

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Yeah, we were trained for a year to pick apart NIN websites and then some people forget we're not always meant to do that (something about comes forth in the thaw)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Preview track is very cool.

Mentioned
    180 Post(s)
    Isn't Modlife known for being notoriously shitty? Is there some kind of incentive for ordering from them this time, like bonus music or limited edition art?

If the answer is no, then FUCK Modlife. In all caps, with extra bitterness for the shitty experiences I've had with them in the past. I'll just order this on Amazon for a cheaper price, free shipping, and have it a month before Modlife would get around to mailing it to me.

I repeat, FUCK Modlife.

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    It's irrelevant, we do not care about what modlife is offering, but we do care about what TR is offering via modlife like any bonus or deluxe. Yes amazon is offering mp3, and i always try to order on both... but amazon doesn't offer 24/96 flac

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm pretty much with @NYRexall , Modlife is just bad at big orders. Sure, getting the flac on release day is nice, but it's not worth the crap, or the bad packaging.

But, hey, if it comes with a free sticker I'd totally cave

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If anyone is interested in refunds from Modlife I received mine without receiving an email or anything. Should be hitting everyone else's banks today if it has not already.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Isn't Modlife known for being notoriously shitty? Is there some kind of incentive for ordering from them this time, like bonus music or limited edition art?
    Was Modlife responsible for the Keep It Together vinyl promo that came with An Omen? I'd be willing to risk their shitty service for more gems like that.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Reviews are getting in. So far it has an 89/100 metacritic

Variety: "Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, whose moody electronic compositions have become synonymous with the director’s work, once again devise a soundscape that all but pulses with dread, this time by lacing more traditional orchestral fare with their trademark synths."

The Wrap: "The score, by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, is a more mixed proposition, effective in the places it works and distracting on several occasions where it doesn't."

Hollywood Reporter: "[...] while the score by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross consists more of weird electronic rumblings, spasms and burst than of anything conventionally musical."

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    ALERT ! tweet from TR called "new music"

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    4 track preview!

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Vinyl release date: Fall 2014
    I wonder if that will be anything like the "Spring 2014" release for Tension.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aw hell yes thanks guys!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wait, no solid release dates for the physical items? Weird.

Definitely doing it, though. Modlife better hurry up with my refund.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So is this a legit pre-order this time or do I wait for a more official announcement?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    huh. the digital release date is Sept. 30, but the CD and vinyl release date is "Fall 2014"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hmmm... no one has any inside tip on a discount code for these, do they?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Am I right in that those are 128k files? Thats the only thing im finding with the d/l im using.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Just Like You reminds me of the music in The Sims when building a house, although I haven't played that game for years