Page 204 of 263 FirstFirst ... 104 154 194 202 203 204 205 206 214 254 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,120 of 7882

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Come_Reptile View Post
    Thanks, since there’s no PNW dates I’m debating whether to wait til 2020 or fly down to LA. I know they’re older and don’t wait to tour like machines, but these songs should get the live treatment.
    Yeah, that bummed me out not seeing anything in OR or WA.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davemuzik85 View Post
    so this whole tool army fan club presale thingy... is it worth doing??? I'm temping to sign up right now but I'm gunna be kinda pissed if i do and then tix sell out and i get nothing good. I'm really amped about this tour cause ive been holding seeing them until new music came out. Now it's here and im loving the new songs so I want good seats and am willing to pay but just not to scalpers. I hate scalping and refuse to support them. I feel if i skip this and wait til the general sale its gunna be the usual shit show with scalpers eating up all good seats and resaling for exorbitant prices on resell sites.
    Yes, exactly that, and $50 buys you early access with some extra swag thrown in. Granted, it doesn't guarantee you a ticket, but you'll at least lose out to other fans rather than scalpers if the presale sells out before you can grab one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    My brother said that the Raleigh, NC date might be pulled because of a scheduling conflict. I can't find a source online, and I forgot to ask him where he heard this. Anyone else read or heard anything about this?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Yes, exactly that, and $50 buys you early access with some extra swag thrown in. Granted, it doesn't guarantee you a ticket, but you'll at least lose out to other fans rather than scalpers if the presale sells out before you can grab one.
    yehhh... thats kinda how i'm looking at it right now: I want the best crack at getting tix, in the fairest possible way, and right now that seems to be the fan club presale. but it's gunna prob be super limited amt of tix and with the hype and anticipation surrounding this album and tour, my hopes arent that high on snagging a decent set of tix this way;

but hey, if i don't, oh well, I still get some cool tool schwag out of the deal, and then I'll just have to try my luck in usual ticket scalping clusterfuck that is ticketbasterd;

This is the reality of ticket buying in the time we live in; I cant stress this enough to people: STOP SUPPORTING SCALPERS AND THEY WILL GO AWAY! if they keep making money off of real fans because we are so desperate, the practice will never end. I cant tell you how many times I've resorted to nosebleed seats to avoid getting ripped off by scalping (and i really don't wanna have to do that this time for tool) ; i know i' m going off on a tangent here but I also think that ticketmaster is behind the scenes in all of this ticket reselling nonsense and is giving scalper first crack at best seats; that's a completely unfounded statement but when you try to buy tix and immediately see them being resold for markup prices when you finally get in at onsale time, what else am I to think? sorry, rant over
    really hoping that this gamble of fanclub presale pays off. Any word of ticket pricing yet??

edit: actually that wasn't a completely unfounded statement; many times it has become public knowledge that best-seat tickets for "big-name band" tours were being handing under the table by these major ticket selling organizations to scalpers in order to turn a profit; Springstein and most recently i believe Metallica
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 08-30-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It's not unfounded. Didn't you read about the Metallica LiveNation stuff a few months ago? The ticket sellers are part of it. Of course I'm not saying Tool did that same thing. Not saying that at all! Just saying the ticketsellers are crooked in many cases.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    My brother said that the Raleigh, NC date might be pulled because of a scheduling conflict. I can't find a source online, and I forgot to ask him where he heard this. Anyone else read or heard anything about this?
    They should keep a date close-by then. At least somewhere in NC or the Southeast. That would be fucking cruel considering the Charlotte weather-related cancellation earlier this year.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm not that interested in attending a live Tool show atm. The last time I saw them Maynard sang in the back, in the shadows. IDK if he always does that, but, I've seen videos of recent shows where he did the same thing. I miss the days when he actively engaged the audience, in an almost confrontational way. I'm grateful I got to see them around Opiate, when they played the side stage of Lollapalooza. That was one of the most intense performances I've ever experienced: Maynard seemed like he was on the verge of jumping into the crowd.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    I'm not that interested in attending a live Tool show atm. The last time I saw them Maynard sang in the back, in the shadows. IDK if he always does that, but, I've seen videos of recent shows where he did the same thing. I miss the days when he actively engaged the audience, in an almost confrontational way. I'm grateful I got to see them around Opiate, when they played the side stage of Lollapalooza. That was one of the most intense performances I've ever experienced: Maynard seemed like he was on the verge of jumping into the crowd.
    Yeah, where’ve you been? Maynard’s been hiding out in the back for all of his bands since 2003 or so.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Yeah, where’ve you been? Maynard’s been hiding out in the back for all of his bands since 2003 or so.
    Well I DID see them tour for their last album, so, 13 years?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Well I DID see them tour for their last album
    During which he was also hiding in the back, no? (I honestly don't recall, but I thought he was.) He certainly was for the Lateralus tour, and that was damn near 20 years ago.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    During which he was also hiding in the back, no? (I honestly don't recall, but I thought he was.) He certainly was for the Lateralus tour, and that was damn near 20 years ago.
    FWIW the Vancouver show I saw here in 2001 had the stage set up we all know but admittedly MJK wasn’t in the dark quiiiiite as much as he is now. There was a smaller screen about 8 feet or so high directly behind him that mirrored what the giant main one had on and he was a lot more visible.

Either way yeah, if we’re only talking about 13 years ago, it was what it is now. Only different show I saw was the album release night at the show in seattle but that was a special no opener extended full album show. He was in the back on the stage but it was an old theatre so a special smaller light show and he was super visible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    anyone here part of the Toolarmy membership? deciding on whether i will even have a shot at tickets for either of the Toronto shows via ticketmaster etc... or better to have the membership for the pre-sale. i have not ever been able to see Tool live for a long time now for various reasons but would like to change that this time around.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Maybe this is a dumb question but how are people pronouncing 7empest phonetically? Sem-pest? Sev-em-pest?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by valiantsteed View Post
    Maybe this is a dumb question but how are people pronouncing 7empest phonetically? Sem-pest? Sev-em-pest?
    Tempest.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Any idea on what kinds of prices to expect for tickets for the general public?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Hundred plus

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    Any idea on what kinds of prices to expect for tickets for the general public?
    Three tiers from $75-$125 here in Milwaukee. It’s on Fiserv’s web site, not Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    For those who had an ToolArmy account in the past and purchased pre-sale tickets, were you charged for those crazy ticket fees? You know the fees that Ticketmaster likes to slap on us. I am just curious if it is like how NIN did it back then.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yeah that's what I said in my original post: The last time I saw them, he was singing in the back and it just wasn't that great for me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    1. Lateralus
    2. Fear Inoculum
    3. Ænima
    4. Undertow
    [5. Salival]
    5/6. Opiate
    6/7. 10,000 Days

Update: Upon listening to Lateralus earlier, I came to the realization that it's still my favorite Tool album.
    Last edited by wight rabbit; 09-03-2019 at 03:17 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably doing the Houston show. Tickets start at 129...

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Would love to attend a show down the line as it's been since 2006...

On the other hand I had a week to digest the record now during my stay in Portugal and I cannot get into it at all listening to it on both flights, one time just lying on the beach and getting back to seperate tracks whenever I had time to kill. I like the record from a sound perspective and you can really feel it once the band seems to play as one, but these tracks sound horribly bland and uninspired to me. This could very well be "Lateralus (slow-mix)... I don't hate it, but I want to throw something else on about halfway through.

My only highlight has to be "culling voices", that track might be the only one that I thoroughly enjoy. Yay for "7empest" as well.
    Last edited by dlb; 09-01-2019 at 10:12 AM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I feel like Vancouver is only good for smaller shows/bands. It's like the city to come to BEFORE you get HUGE.

I mean, we didn't get Cold and Black and Infinite either. We didn't get the big giant Slipknot show that went down to Auburn recently.
    Smashing Pumpkins haven't been here in god knows how long (10+ years?)
    Maybe I should rephrase it to stuff I am interested in doesn't come here, lol.

Couple good shows lined up in October... Nightclub, Amorphis, Pup, The Interrupters. Then static-X in December. But I still find that the tours I really want to see never come here.
    Covenant skipped us this summer... that's another band that hasn't been here for 15 years. They went to Calgary and then Seattle. Totally breezed right over us.
    PIG?? Don't even get me started on PIG... fucker has done 3 North American tours in a row, 2017, 2018 and now again this fall.... Never came here once... and 2 of his band members live here FFS!!
    That's not really an issue. Most of the best shows I've seen have been what most would deem a 'smaller show'. I saw The Midnight at the Commodore two nights ago and it was better than the last handful of 'bigger' acts I've seen at Rogers.

We didn't get the last Slipknot tour, but we had them in 2016. It was ok I guess? I was bored 2/3 through.

Smashing Pumpkins live now suck balls, and the last time they were here in like 2007 or so? It was at the PNE Forum. It sucked.

Again, there are a billion shows, small and larger that roll through here on a daily basis. Google 'Vancouver Concerts'. There are literally shows every night. I'm going to see Elton John for two nights, for free lol. Can't wait!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    well i broke down... I'm officially a member of the "Tool-Army" **insert eye-roll here**
    site looks exactly the same, got a confirmation email with a link to redeem bundle that just brought me back to the website with no options to select size of t shirt so i'm assuming ill just get a XXL that will never get used and soon become a dish rag used to wash my countertop off with **insert another eyeball here**
    I'm trying to stay positive here though- Im hoping this will give me a better chance at getting good seats but at the same time I'm a realist and know that this will most likely be just another ankle-grab in the loosing game of ticket buying in the 21st century where fans are expected to bend over, smile and take it up the tailpipe and end up with diddly squat in the end!
    but hey... at least the new albums SICKKK (this last part isn't sarcasm, I really like the new album a lot)
    Last edited by davemuzik85; 09-01-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    well i broke down... I'm officially a member of the "Tool-Army" **insert eye-roll here**
    site looks exactly the same, got a confirmation email with a link to redeem bundle that just brought me back to the website with no options to select size of t shirt so i'm assuming ill just get a XXL that will never get used and soon become a dish rag used to wash my countertop off with **insert another eyeball here**
    I'm trying to stay positive here though- Im hoping this will give me a better chance at getting good seats but at the same time I'm a realist and know that this will most likely be just another ankle-grab in the loosing game of ticket buying in the 21st century where fans are expected to bend over, smile and take it up the tailpipe and end up with diddly squat in the end!
    but hey... at least the new albums SICKKK (this last part isn't sarcasm, I really like the new album a lot)
    I’ll take your XXL T-shirt. I never got one when I joined. I just got a card.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I’m going to go out on a limb and just say this (and I don’t mean it in a rude way). I think you’re worrying and stressing too much. I’ve never NOT gotten tickets to a show I’ve wanted to go to, even without some silly presale. And the tickets were always good. The venues are large. Tools production is large. No matter where you are in the venue you’ll have a good vantage point and you’ll enjoy it. I think you’ll be fine, honestly.

I plan on hopping on ticketmaster at 10am in Friday, sweating a little bit and coming away with two or three tickets for my friends and I. I’m sure you will be fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    I’ll take your XXL T-shirt. I never got one when I joined. I just got a card.

It would've been neat if that card had been fucking worth something. Like how about getting access to something exclusive? It even has a magnetic strip. Seriously, fucking pricks. 18 years later, what a worthless cock tease.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pulse View Post
    It would've been neat if that card had been fucking worth something. Like how about getting access to something exclusive? It even has a magnetic strip. Seriously, fucking pricks. 18 years later, what a worthless cock tease.
    I joined so I could get early access to the Lateralus vinyl pressing and it was totally worth it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I joined so I could get early access to the Lateralus vinyl pressing and it was totally worth it.

I've had a membership for some time now and it expired but nowhere in the FAQ does it say whether one needs an active membership to be able to buy pre sale tickets. I have emailed asking them about this as I have had horrible luck with ticketmaster specifically for Tool shows and might just still be better for me with a shot at pre sale tickets than anything else.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

I was actually joking about the membership card. Though in all honesty it was worthless. Perhaps at one time there was a cool factor of pointing to it in my young adult life and saying, "Ooooh look at my Tool Army membership ID card" on proud display upon my bookshelf. "I'm number blah blah" responded with reactions of humor and embarrasment for me at best to a complete loss of sexual desire at worst.