Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 34 of 45 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 1326

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Haha nice! I think it was also my third time, seen TINC once at a festival and Refused will be my 4th time. And same as you I am really looking forward the new album since Freedom was great!

Shame I cannot go to the Munich show, but Manchester should be nice too.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by klyrish View Post
    The Ghost Inside's return to the stage after three years, eight months on Saturday night in LA was amazing. The band was so tight despite obvious issues with their ongoing recovery. Vigil's stamina was taxed and he looked gassed most of the night but when he was screaming, he sounded incredible. Despite losing his right/primary leg in the 2015 accident, Andrew's drumming flawless. Over 8000 people ended up being there and unlike many shows, every. single. person. was a diehard fan. The crowd was almost the best part of the night. Every single word to every single song was sung so loudly we often drowned out the band as they were playing. Any time Vigil had to take a break, the crowd stepped up and filled in. The numerous heartfelt asides/speeches throughout the entire evening really got emotions going. No timeline was given, but they recorded the entire night with numerous cameras and will release it.

It was such a happy, positive, cathartic experience and I'm so thankful I was able to be there.
    This reminds me a bit of the ongoing Have Heart reunion shows that are taking place. They played in LA this weekend too. I was at the outdoor Worcester show last weekend. Very emotional as well. Estimates said somewhere around 10k at that show, but that seems a bit high. Still, it was impressive:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I just got tickets to see Aerosmith for $50. I've always thought it would be cool to see those guys. An ex-girlfriend and I had tickets to see them back in 2006, but the show was cancelled because Steven Tyler had to have throat surgery, so this has been a long time coming. Anyone else seem them recently? I know they're old as fuck, but I'm hoping they'll put on a good show.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    No, I haven't seem them live before - but I'm sure it'll be a fun show.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Alice Fucking Cooper coming up in 3 days. YAY!!!!!! omgomgomgomgomg

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Going to see Why? in San Francisco on September 11. Super excited to see them. Still warming up to the new album......

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    SunnO))) on September 9th!!! I am excited.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    They just announced The Offspring and Sum 41 in my little podunk in November. I thought maybe I'd go check out The Offspring for the nostalgia, but not at $115 for floor and $75 for regular seats...

I didn't even pay that for NIN second row...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    King Diamond - 12/1

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    They just announced The Offspring and Sum 41 in my little podunk in November. I thought maybe I'd go check out The Offspring for the nostalgia, but not at $115 for floor and $75 for regular seats...

I didn't even pay that for NIN second row...
    Whoa, that's crazy

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Whoa, that's crazy
    It took our town forever to build a new arena, so the inflation kills everything. $12 beers, $15 personal pizzas, $5 bottles of water. $8 fries. It took them forever to find a corporate sponsor to slap their name on it...

Every show is overpriced there... in fact most shows in town are.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post

Every show is overpriced there... in fact most shows in town are.
    It is like this everywhere it seems , but all the shows that seemed like 15 to 20 bucks back in the day are now 50 to 100. I mean it's like a 100 to see bands like disturbed, korn , ect any of them. In the early to late 2000s I was paying 25 to 50 tops, a lot of shows even slightly below 20. Inflation has hit concerts hard,.probally in part to mo one buying music.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I'd say Ticketmaster, AEG & Live Nation having a virtual monopoly over the venue ownership, show promotion/booking & ticketing of the live music industry is a bigger culprit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I saw The Rolling Stones last night. It's wild to think those guys are septuagenarians and they're still bringing it onstage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rubeninphoenix; 08-27-2019 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    My October:
    2nd: Roger Waters (cinema)
    3rd: New Order (Prague)
    28th: Archive (Prague)
    Bring it on! :-)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    28th: Archive (Prague)
    I was quite disappointed by this new Archive tour. I was at Paris. It was announced as the big date of the tour.
    In fact it was a "normal" archive show. Not really an anniversary tour.
    It was still a great show but I was waiting something different.

I will probably see them at Marseille in November, even if it can be the same setlist.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    That's not really an issue. Most of the best shows I've seen have been what most would deem a 'smaller show'. I saw The Midnight at the Commodore two nights ago and it was better than the last handful of 'bigger' acts I've seen at Rogers.

We didn't get the last Slipknot tour, but we had them in 2016. It was ok I guess? I was bored 2/3 through.

Smashing Pumpkins live now suck balls, and the last time they were here in like 2007 or so? It was at the PNE Forum. It sucked.

Again, there are a billion shows, small and larger that roll through here on a daily basis. Google 'Vancouver Concerts'. There are literally shows every night. I'm going to see Elton John for two nights, for free lol. Can't wait!
    I want to continue this discussion, but I don't want to clutter up the Tool thread with out concert talk anymore, so moving it here.
    I do get what you're saying about smaller shows sometimes being better than bigger shows. In fact, I 100% wholeheartedly agree with that statement. I find I have more fun at Commodore or Rickshaw shows that Rogers, hands down. You don't have to battle as many jackasses to get closer, there usually isn't a bad spot in the house no matter where you are standing etc. I have definitely found myself saying on numerous occasions how I prefer smaller more intimate shows, over larger ones. Not gonna deny that. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I really do detest arena shows.

As for the Pumpkins, I was at that 2007 show at the PNE forum. I honestly remember it being pretty good from what I recall. I know that was over a decade ago. But the "reunion" shows look a million times better, you can't deny that. 2019 Pumpkins blow 2007 Pumpkins out of the water any day of the week.

As for checking concerts coming to town, I use this page here - https://vancityconcerts.com/, It's very convenient.
    Once again not saying there aren't shows that come here, but I find myself wanting to travel more for shows I want to see VS the shows I want to see that actually come to me.
    It just feels like we (Vancouver and the PNW in general) has been getting the shaft more and more lately when it comes to tours/shows.

I defiantly feel like there aren't as many shows here now than there were in the early 00s or earlier.
    I remember living in Winnipeg up until 2006, and every single tour I wanted to see was either "Vancouver" or "Toronto"
    Now that I'm here, I find now a lot of the times it's Just Toronto on the list. Or if there do happen to be 2 Canadian dates, 9/10 times, the second date is Usually Montreal.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Trying to decide if I should get a ticket for Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (who I don’t know much about) in Cardiff. It would be on my own and I love Megadeth but don’t know any 55DP songs at all. I’m not sure if it’s joint headlining or not!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Trying to decide if I should get a ticket for Megadeth and Five Finger Death Punch (who I don’t know much about) in Cardiff. It would be on my own and I love Megadeth but don’t know any 55DP songs at all. I’m not sure if it’s joint headlining or not!
    You should def. skip that tour. Megadeth is opening for FFDP so they'll be playing the same stale shit they always play. And FFDP is one of the worst bands on the planet.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    You should def. skip that tour. Megadeth is opening for FFDP so they'll be playing the same stale shit they always play. And FFDP is one of the worst bands on the planet.
    Yeah thanks, not too keen on a support slot for Megadeth and FFDP don’t really appeal to me

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    There is literally nothing ironic / sarcastic about this post:

I had a fucking blast at Carly Rae Jepsen this past week.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Had the pleasure of seeing IRON MAIDEN even though I know very little about their catalog. Regardless, I still had a blast and LOVED all the inflatable elements of their stage performance. Laser lights are cool and all, but there is something exciting about a GIANT beast head looking back and forth or having a life sized replica spitfire fly over head.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I got pulled from that tour this year to go do a different one...I was only a little bummed at first, but it seems like everyone I know has gone to see that show and they've all come back raving about it. Damn you :P

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m in Phoenix for work- snagged a ticket for Iron Maiden and at the arena right now!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    That Maiden tour is prolly the highlight of the year...with Slipknot close behind. Massive Attack will be awesome but of course different & prolly not as thrilling. I wonder how Knocked Loose will be 11/3 at Webster Hall. Should be a war zone like all their shows seem to be these days.

Oh, and I got this the night before. This is going to be so friggin fun. Smiles from ear to ear all night and the crowd singalongs outshining Chris Conley the whole time. He prolly doesn't even need to bother singing.

Last edited by bobbie solo; 09-19-2019 at 01:28 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    FYI:

A new “dynamic barcode” mobile-only ticketing system is raising questions of consumer freedom and discrimination as it is prepped for a trial in at least three venues using Ticketmaster as their ticketing provider.
    Outlined on a Ticketmaster website page touting “The Newest Way to Use Your Mobile Ticket,” the new system features a barcode that changes in 15 second intervals. This is designed to remove the ability of any consumer to transfer their ticket through any system that isn’t Ticketmaster.

Which results in:
    Scores of frustrated fans — many whom had forked out hundreds of dollars — were denied access to a sold-out Black Keys show at the Wiltern Theatre Thursday night in Koreatown because their tickets were fake.

https://www.ticketnews.com/2019/03/d...umer-concerns/

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...-are-no-bueno/

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealNs1 View Post
    FYI:

A new “dynamic barcode” mobile-only ticketing system is raising questions of consumer freedom and discrimination as it is prepped for a trial in at least three venues using Ticketmaster as their ticketing provider.
    Outlined on a Ticketmaster website page touting “The Newest Way to Use Your Mobile Ticket,” the new system features a barcode that changes in 15 second intervals. This is designed to remove the ability of any consumer to transfer their ticket through any system that isn’t Ticketmaster.

Which results in:
    Scores of frustrated fans — many whom had forked out hundreds of dollars — were denied access to a sold-out Black Keys show at the Wiltern Theatre Thursday night in Koreatown because their tickets were fake.

https://www.ticketnews.com/2019/03/d...umer-concerns/

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2019...-are-no-bueno/
    This really does prove that Ticketmaster have become the touts. I’m selling a Gary Numan ticket for October on Twickets for below face value (because I’m going to see him in Cardiff instead) and I’m presuming this wouldn’t be allowed under this new regime?

Anyway my concerts are Gary Numan in Cardiff in 2 weeks, OMD in November and Rammstein and Blancmange next year

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    This really does prove that Ticketmaster have become the touts. I’m selling a Gary Numan ticket for October on Twickets for below face value (because I’m going to see him in Cardiff instead) and I’m presuming this wouldn’t be allowed under this new regime?

Anyway my concerts are Gary Numan in Cardiff in 2 weeks, OMD in November and Rammstein and Blancmange next year
    I believe if mobile ticketing is enabled resale would only be allowed on TM’s site with promoter permission.