Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: NIN Live Archive, Audio/Video Recording Thread - Download Links

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Can't wait till here the first night in Tokyo. Silver Boot! When was the last time that happened!

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Awesome. Is it the same one on dime? Don't want to download it twice.
    Yes, it's the same one (Ryan credited the user on the upload page for it)

I think I'll take back what I said about eagerly awaiting the audio rip. The songs that Ilan plays bass on are pretty much unlistenable. Can't tell if it's a botched effect or just completely overdriving things on the lower end of the register, but Sanctified and Satellite are horrible.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I found that Disappointed sounded the worst out of that Argentina footage, whether it's the bass or something else... not sure.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    The liberated silver CD recording from the 1st night of Tokyo 2014 is now available on the archive. It's an IEM/AUD mix and it's nasty!!! I appreciate the help from Hyunji for helping me get this silver pressed recording. Harder for someone in the US to get these types of things from Japan.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Yes, it's the same one (Ryan credited the user on the upload page for it)

I think I'll take back what I said about eagerly awaiting the audio rip. The songs that Ilan plays bass on are pretty much unlistenable. Can't tell if it's a botched effect or just completely overdriving things on the lower end of the register, but Sanctified and Satellite are horrible.
    I wasn't listening so closely, but I thought there was clipping(or limiting) in that recording? Could be something that happened live, though.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    The liberated silver CD recording from the 1st night of Tokyo 2014 is now available on the archive. It's an IEM/AUD mix and it's nasty!!! I appreciate the help from Hyunji for helping me get this silver pressed recording. Harder for someone in the US to get these types of things from Japan.
    This sounds amazing. To be honest, IEM recordings never sound that great to me usually due to the click tracks, but on this one they barely even appear (with the exception of Hurt, but let's be honest, there's already a bunch of great recordings of that), and they're usually relegated to the very beginning of the song before it really kicks in.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 04-03-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Man, these always tear me down the middle. I've had discussions with several monitor engineers and artists about IEM recordings, and while some people are somewhat apathetic about it, a lot of artists and engineers really hate this process, and I can empathize with them. An aud recording is one thing - anybody with a few bucks can buy a ticket and hear the show, and that's all you're capturing. But what's being transmitted directly to the artist's head is a different story, and the concept of basically breaking in and stealing that information is kind of creepy. Especially if it includes a talkback mic. During the Boston show last fall, for example, I noticed Trent using his several times during the night, during what appeared to be times of technical difficulties. Most artists who have a talkback mic have that in their ear mix, and releasing that kind of stuff to the public just feels wrong. I understand that people are curious about it - we have fascinating jobs, I get that - but it's not meant to be an open means of communication.

Sorry - I don't mean to make it sound like I'm unappreciative of everything you do, and I'm certainly not trying to suggest that you take the recording down, as that's not my decision to make. Just wanted to put my two cents out there for anyone who feels like hearing them.

Oh, and re: Argentina. It definitely sounds to me that it's just the bass guitar, and not all low frequencies. If it were a clipping of the recording of the stream itself, all lows would be impacted - not just one instrument. But I also skipped through it pretty quickly. Maybe I'll give it another listen.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    I've always thought TR should pull a Peter Gabriel and just release CDs of each night's performance: https://petergabriel.com/store/produ...encore-series/
    There are lots of artists that do that. I'm pretty sure it came up in an interview with Trent at one point, and his response was that he doesn't want to feel like he's performing under a microscope. Knowing that you're being recorded puts you into a more perfectionist state of mind and takes you away from simply being in the moment and performing. Something to that effect, anyway.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I don't do IEM tapes and I am indifferent about them. This is always a discussion in the taping community and for the most part people frown upon it. A lot of these bootleggers in Japan do it, so either you listen to these tapes or you don't. It's up to you.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Chances are, sometime in half a year or so these shows will be sold on japanese bootleg websites, possibly on silver CDs, much like happened with some of 2000, '07 and '09 japanese shows.
    see, I knew. although a timing was way off

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Everybody wants IEM.. this one was amazing ! most parts of hurt and only are ruined by it, but when he yells at them on HlaH it's hilarious. Oh, et what a fucking sound !

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Just been listening to that IEM of the Tokyo show, it was brilliant, enjoyed it. Listening to the bit where trent tells someone off on Head Like a Hole makes me wonder what sort of stuff would have been said at the Reading festival show!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    RITC, was curious if you were planning on posting the video of ACL. Don't mean to rush you if you're planning to. Just didn't want to be waiting for it in case you weren't planning on uploading it because it's an official (although free) release. Thanks!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I doubt RITC will be posting the show due to copyright concerns.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    What about Lolla Brasil (and Mexico of course)?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Just been listening to that IEM of the Tokyo show, it was brilliant, enjoyed it. Listening to the bit where trent tells someone off on Head Like a Hole makes me wonder what sort of stuff would have been said at the Reading festival show!
    Yeah thats parts pretty funny, and sounds like he is having a hard time remembering the name of the album that All Time Low was off of, lol. Overall, this is a really good, yet really akward at times, recording. The version of Sanctified is great, you can really hear all the extras bleeps and bloops that dont come through on audience recordings.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m15a View Post
    RITC, was curious if you were planning on posting the video of ACL. Don't mean to rush you if you're planning to. Just didn't want to be waiting for it in case you weren't planning on uploading it because it's an official (although free) release. Thanks!
    Probably not. Just like BRoswell said, I don't want to run into copyright problems like I did with the Grammy footage. It can be found elsewhere on the internet.

Other stuff from the South American leg will be up in time. I don't know how to capture live streams the proper way and some people were kind enough to capture stuff for me. They all have lives and this comes last. They will get it to me when they can.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    I added all of @Matt Goldfinch recordings to the Australia tour. Big thanks to him for taping and sharing his tapes! They are great!

I have also added a few shows from the Tension tour, I.E- Vancouver and another LA source. In the last month alone, I've added about 20 uncirculated recordings to the archive thanks to many tapers/traders who have been emailing me and willing to send their tapes to me to transfer. Some of these have not been heard in over 22 years! Check the main page update sidebar for what has been added to the site in the last month or so.

Edited the first post at the start of the European leg. I am very excited to hear the recordings that come from this leg of the tour! Have a good amount of tapers hitting some shows. But I hope to see other cities recorded too!

I am working to get all of the recordings that are on the NIN Drive onto the site. Basically 94-14 has about 99.9% of all the recording I have up there. Working on the first half of NIN (88-91) that needs to be uploaded. Besides that, everything that I have is up. Shortly after completing that, I will be going over all of the files again to add MD5 files, as well as properly tag each concert recording. Then I would say my work is done with previous shows. I hope to get that done by the end of the summer.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Thats great that the community has pulled all this stuff together, and especially awesome is all the work that @RITCNIN has done to archive everything in such an easy to use format. There arent many bands that such an extensive and well documented touring history as NIN, especially not bands that one could consider to be "peers" of NIN.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    ^ Indeed!
    Keep up the good work guys, it's very much appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You can find my Berlin recording from yesterday at the archive soon. Uploaded the files today.
    What a great night...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So I've tried downloading and converting the 2007 Reading Festival show about four times in the last two days, and for some reason I can't add it into my iTunes library... Has anyone ever had this same issue? If so, how do I fix it?
    I'm using the MAX program for converting the files if that makes a difference.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Added Stefler's audience recording to the Berlin show from yesterday. Very good recording. I know of one other person who recorded 2 sources as well. Hopefully those will be out soon.

Also, Stockholm was taped. I know of 3 sources. But not sure if they will be shared or not.

I was lucky enough to get the Riga HD footage from the YouTube user who has been posting fantastic video. Unfortunately, they only uploaded 2 of the 5 mts files. So I hope they can upload the rest.

Besides that, that is it. I have a friend who is taping with my recording rig starting Sunday and going to a bunch of shows. Can't wait to see the results!

The_Prowler - Make sure you're converting to mp3. Besides that, I have no clue why it would not add to iTunes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Has anyone confirmed Audio Recording duties for the two Red Rocks, CO shows?
    Or the Nikon at Jones Beach, NY show?
    I'm sure they'll have plenty for the Hollywood Bowl...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Prowler View Post
    So I've tried downloading and converting the 2007 Reading Festival show about four times in the last two days, and for some reason I can't add it into my iTunes library... Has anyone ever had this same issue? If so, how do I fix it?
    I'm using the MAX program for converting the files if that makes a difference.
    Choose "Apple MPEG-4 Audio" for the output format, press the + button, and then select "Apple Lossless" from the list. Make sure that one is checked as the "configured output format", and then convert.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Safe to say the Mexico proshot isn't happening?

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corona Radiata View Post
    Safe to say the Mexico proshot isn't happening?
    Which one are you referring to? I can't even keep track anymore... For the most part, no, I just haven't received it yet. I am not one to pester in seeing if they have finished working on it. It will all come in time.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBang View Post
    Choose "Apple MPEG-4 Audio" for the output format, press the + button, and then select "Apple Lossless" from the list. Make sure that one is checked as the "configured output format", and then convert.
    That took care of it, thanks. I has been converting to MP3, and I had never had a problem up until I got the Tension rehearsals (I still don't know what the issue is or how to fix it).

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Added a few samples from a few shows of the Euro tour. Thanks to the tapers who have sent me in the samples. Don't have full recordings yet of them, but hopefully soon.

Know of two people who recorded Birmingham tonight. Expect to get those tapes relatively soon as well. Be patient.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeegrizzle View Post
    Has anyone confirmed Audio Recording duties for the two Red Rocks, CO shows?
    Or the Nikon at Jones Beach, NY show?
    I'm sure they'll have plenty for the Hollywood Bowl...
    Anybody?

I'll do the honors, but I don't wanna bother with it if someone else is already gonna record them... I've just never done audio recording.
    Last edited by zeegrizzle; 05-18-2014 at 09:08 PM.