That's awesome. I love that style.
    yeah, very quake/doom

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New article: The Unlikely Ascent of Trent Reznor, Oscar Golden Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Sequenteon View Post
    That's awesome. I love that style.
    "that style" = pixel art
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 04-22-2021 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Hmm.

I wonder how often Ice Nine Kills auto-corrects to Nine Inch Nails.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    lol, but how to you screw up an @ with an auto correct?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Mom, can we listen to Nine Inch Nails?
    Mom: We have NIN at home.
    NIN at home: Ice Nine Kills.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This is an interesting article. It's all about Trent Reznor movie scores and the Academy Awards (Oscars). It goes into detail about his score works and his Oscar win. BUT, this article was written a few days ago and there is ZERO mention of SOUL, which is not only nominated for an Oscar, but has been winning most Best Score Awards, and has a very high chance of winning the Oscar. And calling him an Oscar Golden Boy is pretty ridiculous. He won 1 Oscar, and Girl with the Dragon Tattoo wasn't even nominated. Then this year he gets 2 nominations and he's suddenly an Oscar Golden Boy? And again, the article doesn't even mention SOUL once. Lack of research? How can someone writing an article about this specific subject, not even know? Weird....

[QUOTE=sonic_discord;531876]New article: The Unlikely Ascent of Trent Reznor, Oscar Golden Boy

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    MUBI’s great film magazine has a series of mixtapes dedicated to film music, and this time they did an extensive and fascinating mix of Trent’s work for cinema. Really worth a listen

https://mubi.com/notebook/posts/soun...r-in-hollywood

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    based af

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Hell yeah. Our boy looking fresh tonight.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Our man looks like he has a wife, 4 kids, a thriving band and a constant soundtrack creating business.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Our man looks like he has a wife, 4 kids, a thriving band and a constant soundtrack creating business.
    Don’t forget the two goddamn Oscars!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Classy as fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sure this was already posted...

​“Ten years ago, when we did The Social Network, which is the first film that we worked on, it was such a great experience. We just came out of it inspired and reenergized, and it was working on a medium we hadn’t done before and learned so much, that we felt like, ​‘Hey, let’s do a Nine Inch Nails record; let’s go on tour.’
    “And what we’ve tried to do since then is break it up where we do some rock music, we come back and do some film work. We’ve just done three pretty big films in Watchmen, Mank, and Soul in a row. We should be on tour but COVID has prevented that.
    “We are planning on working on Nine Inch Nails material as soon as…probably tomorrow.”

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanj101 View Post
    I'm sure this was already posted...

​“Ten years ago, when we did The Social Network, which is the first film that we worked on, it was such a great experience. We just came out of it inspired and reenergized, and it was working on a medium we hadn’t done before and learned so much, that we felt like, ​‘Hey, let’s do a Nine Inch Nails record; let’s go on tour.’
    “And what we’ve tried to do since then is break it up where we do some rock music, we come back and do some film work. We’ve just done three pretty big films in Watchmen, Mank, and Soul in a row. We should be on tour but COVID has prevented that.
    “We are planning on working on Nine Inch Nails material as soon as…probably tomorrow.”
    trent and atticuss are working on new nin as i write this, probably, maybe

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    trent and atticuss are working on new nin as i write this, probably, maybe

Maybe not then, but possibly now. If not now, then likely soon. And pretty soon, "soon" will be now.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    Maybe not then, but possibly now. If not now, then likely soon. And pretty soon, "soon" will be now.
    They did post this on the front page of nin.com so maybe?!? Trent Reznor Shifts Focus to New Nine Inch Nails Album After Oscar Win (consequence.net)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spahn View Post
    They did post this on the front page of nin.com so maybe?!? Trent Reznor Shifts Focus to New Nine Inch Nails Album After Oscar Win (consequence.net)
    We haven't had a traditional for reals NIN album in 8 years so i'm excited.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    As far as I'm concerned, they've been working on NIN stuff for a while now. It's been what, 7-8 months at least since they finished Mank and Soul? It's not like Trent was waiting for the Oscars date to kick off, surely? This was likely just a message to the outside world: 'we've had enough scores for now, NIN is next for realz'
    Also, isn't their involvement in future scoring projects usually revealed in the press far, far ahead from the target date? And nothing has been announced yet, which gives me confidence they are deep into NIN things now.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    As far as I'm concerned, they've been working on NIN stuff for a while now. It's been what, 7-8 months at least since they finished Mank and Soul? It's not like Trent was waiting for the Oscars date to kick off, surely? This was likely just a message to the outside world: 'we've had enough scores for now, NIN is next for realz'
    Also, isn't their involvement in future scoring projects usually revealed in the press far, far ahead from the target date? And nothing has been announced yet, which gives me confidence they are deep into NIN things now.
    I do remember Trent saying that the COVID epidemic discouraged him from NIN work rather than the opposite so I have no idea how far NIN could be at this moment.

Though it wouldn't be the first time Trent wasn't that honest about NIN being worked on or not (Hesitation Marks) so it's anoyne's guess really

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was during the R+R HOF interview that he said he hadn't been feeling particularly creative or inspired (same) during the pandemic, but I suspect that work on new NIN commenced sometime between then and now. He made it sound like they were taking a break to attend the Oscars and would be back to work the next day, which is exciting. Here's hoping they surprise us and it's further along then he initially let on, as was the case with Hesitation Marks when he said "I've been less than honest about what I’ve really been up to lately..."

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    To be honest though, if there wouldn't be new NIN for a while I wouldn't be too upset as Trent and Atticuss have been incredibly busy, the fact they are probably working on NIN now is kinda insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    JMJ on SNL with St. Vincent.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Not realy a true NIN Spotting, but nice to see.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I'm hoping we'll get the YZ Definitive Edition in 2022, right around the same time we get YZ part 2. I will be astonished if 2022 doesn't bring some YZ stuff.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    John Baptiste did an AMA on Reddit today, mentioned something about working with TR/AR in another project that he couldn’t talk about.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    John Baptiste did an AMA on Reddit today, mentioned something about working with TR/AR in another project that he couldn’t talk about.
    If I had to guess, it's probably this https://www.indiewire.com/2021/04/22...ey-1234633329/

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Didn’t Trent say in an interview somewhere that the next NIN would be more collaborative? Perhaps inspired by score work?